Author Topic: I Hate Dipping  (Read 6046 times)

Offline MN_Ben

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: I Hate Dipping
« Reply #88 on: February 18, 2014, 01:31:00 AM »
Next we are headed to Oklahoma City to pick up super bad ass quitter and inspiration to many TxTornadoinOK. She reports being married for a duration only listed as “a long time” She has 3 children and homeschools all of them. She’s originally from Texas Hill Country, I suppose that explains her choice in name.

She started smoking at the very tender age of 12 and started dipping when she was 21. As many of you FFFoQ’s know she decided to quit chewing because she has brain cancer and because “it was time”. Lucky for us she knows how to cook, and unlike everyone else who brings booze on the train TxT is bringing us all some wonderful homemade lasagna and some sweet tea to wash it down. In case of an accident on the train she would like us to contact her husband, and to celebrate making it to day 100 and the Hall of Fame she is going to sign up for an additional 100 days.

Her words of wisdom to other quitters are to Post, chat and text. Her favorite hobby is playing video games. She fears Pinched and Evil_Won getting on her ass the most, and she finds all of us on KTC to be unspiring, but especially iizphilister. TxTornadoinOK must be a poetry lover. Her favorite movie quote is “We are not promised tomorrow” from the wizard of oz. and her answer to the question Has there been someone from KTC who has helped you? If so, who? And what did they do? brought a tear to this conductors eye. She said “So many people have been here every day for me. I may not have much longer to be here, but I want to enjoy every day of this quit with y'all.”

Welcome aboard girl, you did it. 100 days of freedom. Congrats

Offline Jayhawk

• Quitter
  • Interests: Fishing
« Reply #87 on: December 31, 2013, 11:58:00 AM »
Quote from: srans
Quote from: hope
Quote from: BearHawk
Quote from: MN_Ben
Quote from: derk40
Quote from: Souliman
Quote from: sh4string
Quote from: Mjollnir
Quote from: razd611
Quote from: Diesel2112
Quote from: CBird65
Quote from: wmcatty
Quote from: TxTornadoinOK @ Dec 19
Thanks for the prayers guys.  I have known I have brain cancer for about a year now. The docs discontinued treatment 4 months ago because it isn't responding.  They found a blood clot attached to it yesterday.  Not a whole lot that can be done.  Please continue praying.  It has been a long road, and the end is in sight.  Note a good end, but I believe in His power.

You guys are awesome, and your support on my quit journey is keeping me sane.  Thanks and I am sorry for being late on posting lately, just hard to get out of bed and get to the computer.  I will figure out how to post from my phone, I swear.  Thanks Dave1903, for posting for me. And for checking on me.

Tomorrow is day 40!! I still have cravings, but I am quit!
After reading the above post by TxTornado, all I can say is God bless her and her family, and I will continue with the prayers. I quit with you today and everyday TxTornado. I think I can say with 100% certainty that everyone at KTC wishes you and your family the best Christmas ever!
A fighting spirit that should inspire us !!

Prayers for you and yours
Prayers to you and your family. God bless you.
My God protect you and guide you through these difficult times.
Enjoy every moment you have left, and when the time comes, may you slip through that door peacefully and with grace.
I'm both humbled and inspired by you.
My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

God bless....you are inspiring to us all
With you Sister
I'm quittin and praying with you all day long. Day 40 is great. Keep battling today! Proud as heck to be quit with you today!
Thoughts and prayers..
Sister I continue to pray for you and your family. I wish all the best for you. May God's full mercy and wonder fall upon you.

God bless you and your family this Christmas and always. You are so awesome such an inspiration to me. I'm so sorry you're sick, TxT!!! Proud to be quit with you.
Prayers sent, time to reflect. Thanks for being a part of ktc.
You my friend are one very strong person!

Anyone wandering into this intro should take the time to read this and realize that even with the end in sight, TxTornado is still quit and from the sounds of things plans to stay that way!

Never Again For Any Reason

May peace be with you! :wub:

My prayers are with you as well.
The fog is just one long kick in the balls.

Quit 5/15/13
HOF 8/22/13

Offline bigwhitebeast

• Quitting MoFo
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #86 on: December 31, 2013, 12:08:00 AM »
Quote from: srans
Thanks for the prayers guys.  I have known I have brain cancer for about a year now. The docs discontinued treatment 4 months ago because it isn't responding.  They found a blood clot attached to it yesterday.  Not a whole lot that can be done.  Please continue praying.  It has been a long road, and the end is in sight.  Note a good end, but I believe in His power.

You guys are awesome, and your support on my quit journey is keeping me sane.  Thanks and I am sorry for being late on posting lately, just hard to get out of bed and get to the computer.  I will figure out how to post from my phone, I swear.  Thanks Dave1903, for posting for me. And for checking on me.

After reading the above post by TxTornado, all I can say is God bless her and her family, and I will continue with the prayers. I quit with you today and everyday TxTornado. I think I can say with 100% certainty that everyone at KTC wishes you and your family the best Christmas ever!

Enjoy every moment you have left, and when the time comes, may you slip through that door peacefully and with grace.

With you Sister
I'm quittin and praying with you all day long. Day 40 is great. Keep battling today! Proud as heck to be quit with you today!
Thoughts and prayers..
Sister I continue to pray for you and your family. I wish all the best for you. May God's full mercy and wonder fall upon you.

God bless you and your family this Christmas and always. You are so awesome such an inspiration to me. I'm so sorry you're sick, TxT!!! Proud to be quit with you.
You my friend are one very strong person!

Anyone wandering into this intro should take the time to read this and realize that even with the end in sight, TxTornado is still quit and from the sounds of things plans to stay that way!

Never Again For Any Reason

May peace be with you! :wub:

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #85 on: December 24, 2013, 06:27:00 AM »

With you Sister
Thoughts and prayers..

Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline hope

• Quitter
« Reply #84 on: December 24, 2013, 12:19:00 AM »

With you Sister
Thoughts and prayers..

Offline BearHawk

• Quitter
  • Interests: I'm an ol' country boy from Texas: where I started dipping in the 8th grade over 37 years ago. The US Navy brought me to SO CAL in 1985. I got married to So CAL girl and remained here after I got out of the Navy. I love the outdoors; camping, hiking, hunting and fishing but mostly I love to do wood working. I guess now that I am not wasting money on crap I can have more to do the things I like to do.
« Reply #83 on: December 23, 2013, 05:25:00 PM »
Quote from: TxTornadoinOK

With you Sister
Thoughts and prayers..
Proper prior planning prevents piss poor performance.
Quit: 8/14/2013; HOF:11/22/2013
Four Years and Still Counting!
17 Floors

Offline Gdubya

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: August 23, 2013
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #82 on: December 22, 2013, 09:41:00 PM »
Tx. What can we, you quit brothers and sisters, do for you and your family? Seriously. What can we do to be of help ? Post it here. PM me and others. We want to help you.

Offline MN_Ben

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #81 on: December 21, 2013, 11:28:00 PM »

With you Sister
Thoughts and prayers..

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #80 on: December 21, 2013, 11:39:00 AM »

With you Sister
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #79 on: December 21, 2013, 11:21:00 AM »

With you Sister

Offline ParadigmDawg

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mountain BikingRoad BikingHome Audio
« Reply #78 on: December 21, 2013, 11:01:00 AM »
Thoughts and prayers are with you.
Oh little worm-dirt...you are so scary...F' OFF...!!!

Offline Sh4string

• Quitter
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 10/21/2013
  • Interests: Family, Hunting, fishing, outdoors, triathlon
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #77 on: December 21, 2013, 08:59:00 AM »

Quitting every damn day since October 21, 2013

Offline T-Cell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-02-10
  • Interests: Flyfishing, ice hockey (go Avs, go Pioneers!).Wife Sandra, 2 adult kids.
« Reply #76 on: December 21, 2013, 12:24:00 AM »

Fish, eat, sleep. Repeat.
quit date 2/10/12
HOF date 5/19/12
1 Year 2/10/13
2 Years 2/10/14
8th Floor 4/19/14

Offline pbrain04

• Quitter
« Reply #75 on: December 20, 2013, 09:43:00 PM »
I will say a prayer for you and your family. All the best.

PB

Offline Mjollnir

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #74 on: December 20, 2013, 07:46:00 PM »