Author Topic: I Hate Dipping  (Read 6047 times)

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
Re: I Hate Dipping
« Reply #73 on: December 20, 2013, 07:44:00 PM »
Quote from: Diesel2112
Quote from: CBird65
Quote from: wmcatty
Quote from: TxTornadoinOK
Thanks for the prayers guys.  I have known I have brain cancer for about a year now. The docs discontinued treatment 4 months ago because it isn't responding.  They found a blood clot attached to it yesterday.  Not a whole lot that can be done.  Please continue praying.  It has been a long road, and the end is in sight.  Note a good end, but I believe in His power.

You guys are awesome, and your support on my quit journey is keeping me sane.  Thanks and I am sorry for being late on posting lately, just hard to get out of bed and get to the computer.  I will figure out how to post from my phone, I swear.  Thanks Dave1903, for posting for me. And for checking on me.

Tomorrow is day 40!! I still have cravings, but I am quit!
After reading the above post by TxTornado, all I can say is God bless her and her family, and I will continue with the prayers. I quit with you today and everyday TxTornado. I think I can say with 100% certainty that everyone at KTC wishes you and your family the best Christmas ever!
A fighting spirit that should inspire us !!

Prayers for you and yours
Prayers to you and your family. God bless you.
My God protect you and guide you through these difficult times.
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #72 on: December 20, 2013, 07:42:00 PM »
Quote from: CBird65
Thanks for the prayers guys.  I have known I have brain cancer for about a year now. The docs discontinued treatment 4 months ago because it isn't responding.  They found a blood clot attached to it yesterday.  Not a whole lot that can be done.  Please continue praying.  It has been a long road, and the end is in sight.  Note a good end, but I believe in His power.

You guys are awesome, and your support on my quit journey is keeping me sane.  Thanks and I am sorry for being late on posting lately, just hard to get out of bed and get to the computer.  I will figure out how to post from my phone, I swear.  Thanks Dave1903, for posting for me. And for checking on me.

After reading the above post by TxTornado, all I can say is God bless her and her family, and I will continue with the prayers. I quit with you today and everyday TxTornado. I think I can say with 100% certainty that everyone at KTC wishes you and your family the best Christmas ever!

Prayers to you and your family. God bless you.
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 710
« Reply #71 on: December 20, 2013, 06:40:00 PM »

Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45 46

Assurance

Offline wmcatty

• Quit Pro
    • heartoftexasweather.org
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #70 on: December 20, 2013, 04:59:00 PM »
(TxTornadoinOK @ Dec 19, 2013, 7:11 pm)
Thanks for the prayers guys. I have known I have brain cancer for about a year now. The docs discontinued treatment 4 months ago because it isn't responding. They found a blood clot attached to it yesterday. Not a whole lot that can be done. Please continue praying. It has been a long road, and the end is in sight. Note a good end, but I believe in His power.

You guys are awesome, and your support on my quit journey is keeping me sane. Thanks and I am sorry for being late on posting lately, just hard to get out of bed and get to the computer. I will figure out how to post from my phone, I swear. Thanks Dave1903, for posting for me. And for checking on me.

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne

Offline BearHawk

• Quitter
  • Interests: I'm an ol' country boy from Texas: where I started dipping in the 8th grade over 37 years ago. The US Navy brought me to SO CAL in 1985. I got married to So CAL girl and remained here after I got out of the Navy. I love the outdoors; camping, hiking, hunting and fishing but mostly I love to do wood working. I guess now that I am not wasting money on crap I can have more to do the things I like to do.
« Reply #69 on: November 22, 2013, 03:19:00 PM »
Quote from: srans
Quote from: duathman
Quote from: wastepanel
Day 9 almost down, hitting the double digits!!!  I finally got a local phone # here in OK, I will text those that I have in my phone already.  Anyone else want to trade, pm me and let's do this. 

Last night the nightmares hit me hard.  I woke up terrified.  Only had about an hour of sleep.  Spent the rest of the night having full-blown panic attacks.  No better today on the anxiety front.  Scared to go back to sleep.  Not gonna stop me though.

I am quit.
9 days in and a 5 page intro?

Keddy better watch out!

Proud of you.
Wastepanel obviously doesn't know that you can change your setting to show 90 post per page and that greatly reduces the number of pages.

Nic bitch sucks hit me up if you need anything.
Good job tx. 9 days and 5 pages of quit, that's what this all equates to.

For at least 8 days you haven't went down to the corner store and wasted your hard earned money on a good for nothing filthy disgusting can of dirt. This is your 9th day you have demonstrated you love yourself, family and friends more than the poison.

Keep calculating them one day and page at a time. You'll get a degree in quit before you know it TX. Glad to be quit with you.
You sister are hitting the quit with both barrels. Keep it strong. You will bust this out.
Proper prior planning prevents piss poor performance.
Quit: 8/14/2013; HOF:11/22/2013
Four Years and Still Counting!
17 Floors

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #68 on: November 22, 2013, 09:32:00 AM »
Quote from: duathman
Day 9 almost down, hitting the double digits!!!  I finally got a local phone # here in OK, I will text those that I have in my phone already.  Anyone else want to trade, pm me and let's do this. 

Last night the nightmares hit me hard.  I woke up terrified.  Only had about an hour of sleep.  Spent the rest of the night having full-blown panic attacks.  No better today on the anxiety front.  Scared to go back to sleep.  Not gonna stop me though.

I am quit.

Keddy better watch out!

Proud of you.
Wastepanel obviously doesn't know that you can change your setting to show 90 post per page and that greatly reduces the number of pages.

Good job tx. 9 days and 5 pages of quit, that's what this all equates to.

For at least 8 days you haven't went down to the corner store and wasted your hard earned money on a good for nothing filthy disgusting can of dirt. This is your 9th day you have demonstrated you love yourself, family and friends more than the poison.

Keep calculating them one day and page at a time. You'll get a degree in quit before you know it TX. Glad to be quit with you.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline duathman

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 6-5-2013
  • Interests: Running, cycling
  • Likes Given: 216
« Reply #67 on: November 21, 2013, 10:47:00 PM »

I am quit.

Keddy better watch out!

Proud of you.

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #66 on: November 21, 2013, 09:20:00 PM »
Day 9 almost down, hitting the double digits!!! I finally got a local phone # here in OK, I will text those that I have in my phone already. Anyone else want to trade, pm me and let's do this.

Last night the nightmares hit me hard. I woke up terrified. Only had about an hour of sleep. Spent the rest of the night having full-blown panic attacks. No better today on the anxiety front. Scared to go back to sleep. Not gonna stop me though.

I am quit.

Keddy better watch out!

Proud of you.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline TxTornadoinOK

• Quitter
« Reply #65 on: November 21, 2013, 09:01:00 PM »
Day 9 almost down, hitting the double digits!!! I finally got a local phone # here in OK, I will text those that I have in my phone already. Anyone else want to trade, pm me and let's do this.

Last night the nightmares hit me hard. I woke up terrified. Only had about an hour of sleep. Spent the rest of the night having full-blown panic attacks. No better today on the anxiety front. Scared to go back to sleep. Not gonna stop me though.

I am quit.
Pain is temporary, quitting lasts forever.

Offline CaliforniaSlim

• Quitter
« Reply #64 on: November 18, 2013, 07:56:00 PM »
Quote from: srans
Mostly done with day 5.  Despite more stress and triggers than I have had in months, I have not even freaked out about a crave.  Just told it shut the fuck up and moved on.  I got this.  Thanks to y'all. too.
Get mad at that filthy disgusting dirt. It will fuel your quit. Read my signature line. Never mind I'll just place it right in your intro.

I hate the poison. I hated it this morning and i hated it at noon. I hated it at supper and i hate it tonight. When i go to bed I'm going to continue hating the dirt. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it.

Keep making your way to the door. Good things behind that door. Quit with you.
Nice work. As someone told me, you aren't responsible for the thoughts that come into your mind, but you are responsible for what you do with them. Immediately tell the nic-bitch to move on, don't sit there flirting with her.
That is how it's done.
Quit with you today.

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #63 on: November 16, 2013, 05:20:00 PM »
Mostly done with day 5.  Despite more stress and triggers than I have had in months, I have not even freaked out about a crave.  Just told it shut the fuck up and moved on.  I got this.  Thanks to y'all. too.
Get mad at that filthy disgusting dirt. It will fuel your quit. Read my signature line. Never mind I'll just place it right in your intro.

I hate the poison. I hated it this morning and i hated it at noon. I hated it at supper and i hate it tonight. When i go to bed I'm going to continue hating the dirt. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it.

Keep making your way to the door. Good things behind that door. Quit with you.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline TxTornadoinOK

• Quitter
« Reply #62 on: November 16, 2013, 04:40:00 PM »
Mostly done with day 5. Despite more stress and triggers than I have had in months, I have not even freaked out about a crave. Just told it shut the fuck up and moved on. I got this. Thanks to y'all. too.
Pain is temporary, quitting lasts forever.

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
  • Interests: Pilot
« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2013, 12:12:00 AM »
PDAWG, I'm laughing with ya...

C

Offline ParadigmDawg

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mountain BikingRoad BikingHome Audio
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2013, 12:07:00 AM »
Quote from: Evil_Won
Quote from: ParadigmDawg
You know how to keep from cheating with that big boob, sexy blond at the office?

You never go near her...
not sure if that scerario applies here, but valid analogy none the less.

If there is a will to be quit; there is a way to be quit.
I think I just now understood what you meant.... 'bang head'
Oh little worm-dirt...you are so scary...F' OFF...!!!

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2013, 10:28:00 AM »
Quote from: B-loMatt
Quote from: Syndrome
just a reminder: make sure when you start to feel the rage (and you will) you jump on here - or chat - to vent. your kids didn't stuff that shit in your mouth, so don't vent on them.
Thanks Syndrome. Someone told me that the first day I was here and let me tell you, that bit of advice has saved me big time. I have been somewhere on this site virtually 24-7 since I took the oath to quit and posted roll. As far as I am concerned, I will be here all the time. Not "until I feel stronger" or "until I am over dip". I am an ADDICT. I will always be an addict. However, I AM quit. Thanks y'all.
Stick to that plan, and you will stay quit for sure! Use the rage to strengthen your quit.
;)