Author Topic: I Hate Dipping  (Read 6045 times)

Offline TxTornadoinOK

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: I Hate Dipping
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2013, 03:50:00 PM »
I think I posted roll. Honestly not sure, now can't find the dang link. I am shaking and it is so freaking dumb. I figured the first day would be the easiest. Can someone check and see if I did it right? If not, link me to the dang forum to do it.
Pain is temporary, quitting lasts forever.

Offline TxTornadoinOK

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2013, 03:45:00 PM »
I haven't posted roll because I am ashamed that it hasn't been a whole day yet. Doing it now. I am PISSED that f-in nicotine is holding me like this. I feel like a dang crack addict without a fix. HOW is this possible.
1.posting roll now.
2.drinking water like a madman
3.punching bag would be awesome, think I will go for a run after I finish this AA like confrontation that I obviously need

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
  • Interests: Pilot
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2013, 03:39:00 PM »
Let us have it. We can take it. type whatever you want. Make it all caps so it reads like screaming. deep breaths and realize you are in a battle to take back control.

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2013, 03:39:00 PM »
Quote from: TxTornadoinOK
Quote from: mogul
If you want to know another "gal" in your group here name is Hope.
Knowing there are females here is reassuring. I have no issue with guys at all, just feel stereotyped that it is either "weird" or "cool". Right now, I am on hour 10 and I think I am going nuts. I feel angry at every little sound and interruption. I am twitchy yet tired.Can't sit still for anything. I am going out of my head here.
I will not say settle down or relax, but I will ask a couple of questions:
1 - when are you going to post roll?
2 - have you found an alternative yet?
3 - have you drank enough water that you feel like your bladder is going to rupture?
4 - should I mail you my punching bag?
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline TxTornadoinOK

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2013, 03:38:00 PM »
Anyone around to chat? Or just talk? I feel like an idiot, but getting that can is ALL I can think about. I have papers to grade, work to do, ect. I am getting nothing done because I cannot focus on anything but that damn ball and chain.

Offline TxTornadoinOK

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2013, 03:32:00 PM »
Quote from: mogul
Knowing there are females here is reassuring. I have no issue with guys at all, just feel stereotyped that it is either "weird" or "cool". Right now, I am on hour 10 and I think I am going nuts. I feel angry at every little sound and interruption. I am twitchy yet tired.Can't sit still for anything. I am going out of my head here.

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
  • Interests: Pilot
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2013, 03:24:00 PM »

Offline Skoal Monster

• Quit Pro
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2013, 01:48:00 PM »
Hey Tx- here is a quick primer on anger.

nicotine causes forced release of adrenaline and other fight or flight chemicals.

Anger releases adrenaline and other flight or fight chemicals.

When you quit using nicotine your brain is screaming for the toxic chemical cocktail it has become accustom to. Getting angry is the bodies back door mechanism to try to fix the lack of nicotine.

Do NOT take your anger out on your family, coworkers etc. It isnt their fault that you feel shitty, it's the price your gonna pay to earn your freedom from that crap. Come here and vent instead, we get it.

I know you don't want this kind of addiction for your kids. So lets show em how it's done.

You can do this

sM
"CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit. After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco."

Offline TxTornadoinOK

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 01:33:00 PM »
Quote from: Pinched
When I try to go without it, I get angry.  I feel like the world is against me and I cannot tolerate anyone or anything.  Is this normal?
Unfortunately this is normal. My whole life I have had a short fuse, my motto was always fight first and ask questions later. Then I joined the Marine Corps and got my ass handed to me for 13 weeks, then was again back on the high horse of wanting to fight anything and everything. Then I had kids, learned to control that aggression, hence the 120# punching bag hanging up in my basement.

Finally, after all that I QUIT my use of nicotine and tobacco cold turkey 120 days ago. I read the info on this site, swapped numbers with quite a few people and I learned that my anger is still there, nicotine made it worse for a couple of weeks. Now I sit at 120 days, which is almost 4 months and no one has been hurt, maimed or killed in the making of this quit. Direct your anger at Big Tobacco and the ass clowns that told us for years that we were invincible and that smoking was the nasty habit. Use your words to vent, let it all out and use the physical anger to push you through each day, one day at a time.
Thank you for that. I have anger issues because I want to control everything in my life. My husband is a long haul trucker and I home school my kids. I get no down time. It really helps to know that I am not alone. I realized this morning that in my need to control everything, I have let this control me. Not cool.

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 01:11:00 PM »
When I try to go without it, I get angry. I feel like the world is against me and I cannot tolerate anyone or anything. Is this normal?
Unfortunately this is normal. My whole life I have had a short fuse, my motto was always fight first and ask questions later. Then I joined the Marine Corps and got my ass handed to me for 13 weeks, then was again back on the high horse of wanting to fight anything and everything. Then I had kids, learned to control that aggression, hence the 120# punching bag hanging up in my basement.

Finally, after all that I QUIT my use of nicotine and tobacco cold turkey 120 days ago. I read the info on this site, swapped numbers with quite a few people and I learned that my anger is still there, nicotine made it worse for a couple of weeks. Now I sit at 120 days, which is almost 4 months and no one has been hurt, maimed or killed in the making of this quit. Direct your anger at Big Tobacco and the ass clowns that told us for years that we were invincible and that smoking was the nasty habit. Use your words to vent, let it all out and use the physical anger to push you through each day, one day at a time.
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 710
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 01:04:00 PM »
Quote from: Pinched
Well first of all you caught my attention with the "I am DONE", now let's see if I can help you get your quits started.

Now read up the info on the site Welcome Center

Learn how to post roll How to Post Roll

Then post Roll here Pre-HOF February 2014 Quit Group

Post Roll daily. This is your promise to stay quit, understand that KTC is all about brotherhood and Accountability. Make sure that these words mean something to you. Also understand that all of us quitters care so when a cave happens people will take that shit personally. We invest time into people and the quit groups are like tight families of quit.

Now, find an alternative, fake dip, candy, gum, mints, etc. Drink lots of water, so much that you cannot pass a bathroom without having to piss.

P.S. All of the above underlined words are links to the site.

Finally, as you probably assume this site is populated primarily by men, however, we do have some fantastic ladies on here that will be reaching out to you real soon as well. The ladies in here are some of the toughest chicks I have come across, and I am sure that you can fit right in as well. We men are normally crude assholes that lack a filter between brain and mouth.

If there is anything I can do to help you please do not hesitate to let me know. Also, check your inbox in the upper right hand corner for an PM from me.

Pinched
ditto to what pinched says!

This is a second by second hold on tight fight at the beginning and it all starts with your daily promise ( posting roll) to abstain from using nicotine today.

We do this every damn day but take it only one day at a time.
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45 46

Assurance

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 12:55:00 PM »
Well first of all you caught my attention with the "I am DONE", now let's see if I can help you get your quits started.

Now read up the info on the site Welcome Center

Learn how to post roll How to Post Roll

Then post Roll here Pre-HOF February 2014 Quit Group

Post Roll daily. This is your promise to stay quit, understand that KTC is all about brotherhood and Accountability. Make sure that these words mean something to you. Also understand that all of us quitters care so when a cave happens people will take that shit personally. We invest time into people and the quit groups are like tight families of quit.

Now, find an alternative, fake dip, candy, gum, mints, etc. Drink lots of water, so much that you cannot pass a bathroom without having to piss.

P.S. All of the above underlined words are links to the site.

Finally, as you probably assume this site is populated primarily by men, however, we do have some fantastic ladies on here that will be reaching out to you real soon as well. The ladies in here are some of the toughest chicks I have come across, and I am sure that you can fit right in as well. We men are normally crude assholes that lack a filter between brain and mouth.

If there is anything I can do to help you please do not hesitate to let me know. Also, check your inbox in the upper right hand corner for an PM from me.

Pinched

Offline TxTornadoinOK

• Quitter
I Hate Dipping
« on: November 11, 2013, 12:32:00 PM »
Hey y'all. I have been dipping pouches for 7 years. Switched from smoking after 13 years. I never had a problem putting it down until about a year ago. I honestly hate it now. I get dizzy, feel weak, and there is a distinct self-loathing every time I put one in. When I try to go without it, I get angry. I feel like the world is against me and I cannot tolerate anyone or anything. Is this normal?

I want to quit. I will quit. I have been saying "This is my last can" for several months now. You can find a million support groups and products for quitting smoking, but few I can find for dipping.

Okay, an introduction. I am from Texas, outdoors my whole life. I am Oklahoma now. In my 30's, a redneck girl from my toes up. everyone I know dips, and think it is cool that I, a gal, do. I cannot go an hour without it. My EXCUSE for dipping was that I couldn't smoke around the kids, so I can dip in the house. WRONG. I hate that I have spit bottles around. I hate that my kids bring me my dip can when they find it. I am not okay with the example I am setting. I am done.

Thanks for listening. It is great to meet y'all. I love that y'all are hard and blunt, no excuses.

Today, November 11, 2013, I am over this chain on me. 'help'