Author Topic: I Hate Dipping  (Read 6052 times)

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: I Hate Dipping
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2013, 11:08:00 PM »
Quote from: TxTornadoinOK
Quote from: wastepanel

Rule number 1 to quitting is never, ever, ever give yourself a chance to fail.  Why do you need a trophy can if you aren't going to use the stuff anymore?  And don't just throw it away.  Flush it.  Trust me.  I've dumpster dove before.  'puking'

Post day 1, and get to this quit.  No more fucking around.

Did it.  Yea, I threw it in with the cat litter I scooped.  Pretty damn desperate at times, but not THAT desperate.

Mogul, I screw up again, I will. Trust that.  I will do what it takes to get this damn chain off of me.
Did it. Yea, I threw it in with the cat litter I scooped. Pretty damn desperate at times, but not THAT desperate.

Mogul, I screw up again, I will. Trust that. I will do what it takes to get this damn chain off of me.
You couldn't even make it a day??? You THOUGHT your can was empty and "mindlessly" put it on your mouth....ahhh, ok. And I'm the Jolly Green giant.

Get serious about this please. We didn't just fall off the turnip truck. You don't reach for a can and put some cancer candy in your mouth on accident. Especially after you were on here much of the day, talking about your struggles.

I have serious doubts you have what it takes to quit. Sorry, I'm not gonna sugar coat things for you, because you're a girl.

You got a lot of solid support/advice today and you pissed it away.

Get your shit together. You want to quit, this is the place. You just have to follow the game plan.
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline TxTornadoinOK

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2013, 10:58:00 PM »
Quote from: mogul
For some of us, we must hate it to get rid of it.

I don't know girl, how bad do you want this. We will support you, but we can't hold your hand.
I don't want anyone to hold my damn hand. I WILL do this. I don't back down from anything. After all these years I know now that it has a hold of me. Beyond the BS it has told me for years, I cannot abide anything having control over me. I am done. It is ALL gone. Not a damn excuse left to get me to take it back. I screwed up. Accountability. Period. I could not say I "made" day 1, when I damn well didn't. I will be on this site until I go to bed. When I get up, roll call is # 1. That is how it will be. Period.
Pain is temporary, quitting lasts forever.

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
  • Interests: Pilot
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2013, 10:55:00 PM »
For some of us, we must hate it to get rid of it.

I don't know girl, how bad do you want this. We will support you, but we can't hold your hand.

Offline TxTornadoinOK

• Quitter
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2013, 10:51:00 PM »
Quote from: wastepanel

Rule number 1 to quitting is never, ever, ever give yourself a chance to fail. Why do you need a trophy can if you aren't going to use the stuff anymore? And don't just throw it away. Flush it. Trust me. I've dumpster dove before. 'puking'

Post day 1, and get to this quit. No more fucking around.

Did it. Yea, I threw it in with the cat litter I scooped. Pretty damn desperate at times, but not THAT desperate.

Mogul, I screw up again, I will. Trust that. I will do what it takes to get this damn chain off of me.

Offline TxTornadoinOK

• Quitter
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2013, 10:48:00 PM »
So I screwed up after 20 freaking hours. It is NOW day 1. No tobacco in the house. No going to get any. DONE damnit, DONE.

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
  • Interests: Pilot
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2013, 10:46:00 PM »
Or you could be like me and eat the rest of it. guaranteed you won't buy another can if you have to eat it. Don't believe me? try eating a full can... You will puke for hours.

Mogul

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2013, 10:36:00 PM »
So, I am ashamed. I was sitting and playing xbox. Grabbed my can (I thought was empty) and mindlessly put it in my mouth. 2 seconds later my daughter asked me what I thought I was doing. Spit it out and went through the house throwing all of my "emergency supply" out. Day 1 starts again. I have no excuse. I am pixxed at myself and I have too many people I could text or post here to have ANY reason why it happened. I have no more. I start NOW damnit! 'bang head'
Toss it all.

Rule number 1 to quitting is never, ever, ever give yourself a chance to fail. Why do you need a trophy can if you aren't going to use the stuff anymore? And don't just throw it away. Flush it. Trust me. I've dumpster dove before. 'puking'

Post day 1, and get to this quit. No more fucking around.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline TxTornadoinOK

• Quitter
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2013, 09:37:00 PM »
So, I am ashamed. I was sitting and playing xbox. Grabbed my can (I thought was empty) and mindlessly put it in my mouth. 2 seconds later my daughter asked me what I thought I was doing. Spit it out and went through the house throwing all of my "emergency supply" out. Day 1 starts again. I have no excuse. I am pixxed at myself and I have too many people I could text or post here to have ANY reason why it happened. I have no more. I start NOW damnit! 'bang head'

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2013, 07:10:00 PM »
Quote from: derk40
Quote from: Pinched
Yea! Got it, thanks. FUCK YOU NICOTINE! Seriously.  How is day 1 the hardest?
Right now you are telling your brain and your body that you are taking back control, and while you are doing that that chemical part of Nicotine which is still in your body for about 4 days is fighting back.

Then when the Nicotine is out of your system the mental part of the fight begins. One of my fellow quitters and now brothers Paradigm Dawg I am sure will post you his timeline for his quit. You will notice that in most of us the first week sucks total ass.

Like CBird stated earlier, we quit daily. This fight sucked and was hard on several days for me. However, I refused to lose and as a retired Marine that is stubborn, thickheaded and as a tendency to be a complete ass; I had to take control. I refused to lose for 120 days now.

I was an addict for over 24 years though and I will continue to consider myself an addict every day. You have my number and if the fight ever gets bad enough that you are ready to throw in the towel, then please use that as a lifeline. Plus like I said I have older sisters so if you want to call me bitching and acting like I am the anti-Christ in your quit then please do so; I happen to love a good argument too.
I do love a good heated debate. I am feeling a little more calm now. Going to go thrash a steak for dinner. I have a feeling right after i finish eating I am gonna be on here or texting someone. Something tells me it is going to suck balls. Right after I eat is my worst trigger. Thanks y'all.
If you haven't yet located an alternative to dip then drink a shot of hot sauce right after that steak!
Nice job bro. Hit the steak hard and when you are done thumb your nose at the nic B. You got this thing. Don't go into your post dinner battle conceding that this will suck balls. Fight to make it not suck balls. QLF!!
Yeah enjoy your meal then get busy. You have only roughly 4 hours and your quit is a victory and you quit all day! Fight and go to bed. If you wake, post first think and take that day on! We will be quitting with you tomorrow.

Make KTC your sanctuary. This is The Real Church of Quit.

No nice tries here. You post roll, keep your word to us and focus on Today. What you did yesterday is over and what you do tomorrow is too far to even worry about.

Quit today. When Tomorrow becomes today...repeat.

KiNd of Ironic. How many times have we said, heard, read and preached this. The plan is so simple. The work and application is a dog fight but if we post roll, keep our word for the day and every morning we wake...

YOU CAN'T FAIL. YOU WON'T FAIL. YOU FAIL WHEN YOU DON'T APPLY THE PLAN DAILY.
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2013, 06:04:00 PM »
Right now you are telling your brain and your body that you are taking back control, and while you are doing that that chemical part of Nicotine which is still in your body for about 4 days is fighting back.

Then when the Nicotine is out of your system the mental part of the fight begins. One of my fellow quitters and now brothers Paradigm Dawg I am sure will post you his timeline for his quit. You will notice that in most of us the first week sucks total ass.

Like CBird stated earlier, we quit daily. This fight sucked and was hard on several days for me. However, I refused to lose and as a retired Marine that is stubborn, thickheaded and as a tendency to be a complete ass; I had to take control. I refused to lose for 120 days now.

I was an addict for over 24 years though and I will continue to consider myself an addict every day. You have my number and if the fight ever gets bad enough that you are ready to throw in the towel, then please use that as a lifeline. Plus like I said I have older sisters so if you want to call me bitching and acting like I am the anti-Christ in your quit then please do so; I happen to love a good argument too.
I do love a good heated debate. I am feeling a little more calm now. Going to go thrash a steak for dinner. I have a feeling right after i finish eating I am gonna be on here or texting someone. Something tells me it is going to suck balls. Right after I eat is my worst trigger. Thanks y'all.
If you haven't yet located an alternative to dip then drink a shot of hot sauce right after that steak!
Nice job bro. Hit the steak hard and when you are done thumb your nose at the nic B. You got this thing. Don't go into your post dinner battle conceding that this will suck balls. Fight to make it not suck balls. QLF!!
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2013, 04:53:00 PM »

"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline TxTornadoinOK

• Quitter
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2013, 04:13:00 PM »

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2013, 04:08:00 PM »
Yea! Got it, thanks. FUCK YOU NICOTINE! Seriously. How is day 1 the hardest?

"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline TxTornadoinOK

• Quitter
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2013, 03:56:00 PM »
Yea! Got it, thanks. FUCK YOU NICOTINE! Seriously. How is day 1 the hardest?

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2013, 03:51:00 PM »
TxTornadoinOK-Day 1-feeling like a slave to a dam tiny DIP. I WILL NOT LOSE THIS BATTLE
Atta girl!!!

I helped correct your roll post, but let me say well done for a first timer. I put your name up with your group in lieu of with the supporters on the bottom.

Now repeat after me..."FUCK YOU NICOTINE"

You got this dear and on top of that you got a network of strong supporters who are here to help you along the way. This fight is not easy but it is totally worth it.

Much easier to face life with all parts of your jaw and gums intact.

Here is the link, click and save this as one of your favorites:
Pre-HOF February 2014 Quit Group