Author Topic: chiefbp-day 1 intro  (Read 1521 times)

Offline chiefbp

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2017-02-20
  • Interests: Hunt, fish, camp, hike, bike
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: chiefbp-day 1 intro
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2017, 11:58:00 PM »
Rawls I'm with you on hunting. Can't remember last time I had a gun or bow in hand, and didn't have a dip. But man am I looking forward to this fall, and walking out to my stand with no nasty shit in my mouth! I want that hunting moment with my son where I'm not trying to sneak a dip. This season will be awesome and no way I could do it without this KTC site and the dudes who support me!

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2017, 08:46:00 AM »
Quote from: chiefbp
Helluva ride this quit journey has been! Since our weather in Nebraska has been nice enough to get out and mow the grass, I've made my son do all the mowing because I knew it was a dip trigger for me. Well, yesterday I finally got back in the saddle, and mowed the grass for the first time in years WITHOUT A DIP! When I was done I called my wife at work and told her about it because I was so damn thrilled. Without reading so many stories here on ktc and following other journeys to HOF, I could not have done it. Almost to 100!
Great win Chief..
ODAAT and One Trigger at a Time!
My biggest triggers were Golf and Hunting.
I remember thinking what's the point in doing either if I can't chew.
Wrong.... I can do both way better, and longer.
Without poison.
It keeps getting better.!
I quit with you today.
Rawls 921
I believe.....

Offline chiefbp

• Quitter
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2017, 07:29:00 AM »
Helluva ride this quit journey has been! Since our weather in Nebraska has been nice enough to get out and mow the grass, I've made my son do all the mowing because I knew it was a dip trigger for me. Well, yesterday I finally got back in the saddle, and mowed the grass for the first time in years WITHOUT A DIP! When I was done I called my wife at work and told her about it because I was so damn thrilled. Without reading so many stories here on ktc and following other journeys to HOF, I could not have done it. Almost to 100!

Offline chiefbp

• Quitter
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2017, 08:10:00 AM »
Thanks, just saw this. Kind of forgot about this intro post. Spend most of time reading some of the HOF speeches for inspiration.

It's been a hell of a war the past few months fighting the nic bitch. Toughing it out though, and thanks to Anthony and polishnick for reaching out and checking on me. KTC is the only way to quit for good! I've been trying to get some old work buddies to give it shot too!

Offline DonkeyMN

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 01-31-2017
  • Likes Given: 586
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2017, 02:08:00 PM »
Happy Birthday Chiefbp!

'party2' 'Birthday' '40'

Proud to be quit with you in May - post an update about how you are doing, you're so damn quiet!
To remain quit requires focus
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline Richard C

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2018-05-22
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2017, 08:04:00 PM »
Hey Chief, welcome. I sent you my numbers too. You are in the right place.

Offline BrianG

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • “Brotherhood is born in adversity.”
  • Quit Date: 17 JAN 2017
  • Likes Given: 123
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2017, 06:21:00 PM »
Hey Chief, sent you PM. addicted for 35 years myself. Day 39 tobacco free. We got this!
He who has a why can bear almost any how.

Offline chiefbp

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2017, 09:43:00 AM »
Thanks Anthony! Got your PM too. Love you squids, but did my time in the greatest Air Force in the world.
Air Power!

Offline Anthony.

• Quitter
  • Interests: First and Foremost my Wife and Kids, then in no particular order, Hunting, Fishing, Guns, Pretty much every and anything with an engine in it, including my Dyna Superglide, Hemi Ram, 69 Dart GTS,
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2017, 02:05:00 PM »
Chief welcome aboard KCC...,
Thank you for your service, I as well just got out of the navy which I assume by your name is what branch you were in... Just wanted say that I get where your at and I know its scary but I am halfway through day 43, I never once thought I would be this far quit. Jump in with both feet chief, its worth it, follow the program, all these weird assholes on this site will get you through even the hardest cravings I promise you that! If you do not give up on us we will never give up on you... Rage to us, vent to us, tell us what your feeling and I promise someone has gone through it and can relate. Don't worry about yesterday or tomorrow, we quit one day at a time here, worry about today, if you have to worry about the next hour, min, or second, whatever it takes to never put that shit in your mouth again! You got this!!! PM me if you want my digits... sounds dumb to have a random guys phone number but it has saved my ass a few times... QUIT ON! 'oh yeah' 'oh yeah'

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2017, 01:56:00 PM »
Hiya Chief!

First, thank you for your service! and 2nd, Welcome to KTC. I tore through 2 cans a day for 24 years also and was never able to quit. My wife and kids hated it and were always on my ass about quitting. It finally took me just being sick of it and wanting to quit for me. If a weak ass like me can do this a badass soldier like you for sure can. If you want it bad enough. I'll tell you one thing. Being free of the chains of nicotine slavery is a beautiful thing! You are gonna feel like shit for awhile but when you turn the corner you'll see how awesome it is. Just keep going one day at a time. You will get there bro.

Offline chiefbp

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2017, 12:29:00 PM »
Thank you Rawls. Onto day 2 this morning. Had a rough night last night. Many temptations. Hardest part is finding something to do to kill time.

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2017, 10:54:00 PM »
Can't thank you enough for your service. Sir!
You never needed it in the holes.
You would have done the same without it...
You never need it again.
You have already done better without it.
Dont be scared of the Truth!
It will never harm you.......
I Quit with you today Chief!
Rawls 826
I believe.....

Offline Zeno

• Master of Quit
  • Interests: Quitting. Reading. Hiking.
  • Likes Given: 251
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2017, 10:36:00 AM »
Chiefbp, I dipped for about 30 years, been free for more than four. If I can do it, you can. Listen to what people tell you, post roll daily, get immersed in KTC. IF you want another support number, PM me and then text or call anytime. We can do together what we could not do alone. Zeno.
Proud Jan. 13 Jackwagin

Quit Date: Sept. 28, 2012

Quitters I have met: ADMann (JW), AirForceAddict, BigBrotherJack, Brettlees, Bronc, ChickDip, Corby, DrStober, EvilWon (JW), GoneCruising, Jbradley (JW), NetGain, Nickald, Remickulous, Sage, Scoot, Sportsfan (JW), Srohde...and always want to meet more.

Endure and Abstain - Epictetus' motto

Offline chiefbp

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 10:31:00 AM »
polishnick  donkeymn, thanks for the encouraging words. I'll look up the phone app as well. That would be a nice addition! Almost to my lunch time, first hurdle of the work day.

Offline polishnick79

• Quitter
  • April '17 Underdog
  • Quit Date: 1/18/2017
  • Interests: Boats, Fishing, and Fixing Stuff!
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 09:56:00 AM »
Hey chiefbp, just remember you are never alone in this. We will quit together with you. The fight goes on every minute and every day. Just take it slow and don't be afraid to ask for help. Check you PM for my number.

After the storm is when the sun shines the brightest! Just remember every minute you go is another win...the wins add up very quickly.

Also, go get the DipQuit app on your phone. Watching the days tick by and how much money you are saving really helps put some concrete results on your quit!

Remember, every second, every minute, every day, every week and every month is a win!