Author Topic: Day 3  (Read 2047 times)

Offline pacertom

• Quitter
  • Interests: Bass Fishing, BBQ and anything outdoors.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Day 3
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2012, 03:20:00 PM »
Quote from: goheavy63
I know it says our mouth will get sore when when stop but how sore has yours got?
Did you have any white patches in mouth? Feels like it has been burned?? Sorry if this has been asked before.
Hey bud...I posted a while back on my sore mouth. Mine was due to Atomic Fireballs and eating tooo many of those daily. Cinnamon Induced Stimitouous or some shit...Just throwing that out there if you are chewing Big Red Gum or anything with Cinnamon oil.

Offline John_in_SC

• Quitter
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2012, 01:59:00 PM »
I don't even go into the gas station stores anymore because I get pissed when I see poison's being sold behind the attendant. I about had a hissy fit when they advertised "lowest prices on smokes" on my receipt the other day. Hate it. I find it ironic because 24 days ago, I *WAS* actively searching out that shit to put in my lip. I just stay away.......

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2012, 07:02:00 AM »
Quote from: ballplayer76
Absolute truth Wt57!! Been there, done that. Told I was healthy. Thanked God. Went to the store to buy a can. Almost like I wouldn't be satisfied until I was told my jaw would have to be removed!! The addiction to this stuff is nuts!! And the bastards in big tobacco should be hung by their sack!!! Seriously how do they still allow it? Everyone is throwing a fit about the "pink slime" in ground beef, but Cherry and Apple flavored poison is being sold to 12 year olds around the country!! I call bullshit!!!!
That's the spirit. Fucking terrible fucks all those UST motherfuckers. Curb everyone of them if I could.

Offline ballplayer76

• Quitter
  • Interests: Baseball, football, fishing, and hanging with family and friends.
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2012, 01:40:00 AM »
Absolute truth Wt57!! Been there, done that. Told I was healthy. Thanked God. Went to the store to buy a can. Almost like I wouldn't be satisfied until I was told my jaw would have to be removed!! The addiction to this stuff is nuts!! And the bastards in big tobacco should be hung by their sack!!! Seriously how do they still allow it? Everyone is throwing a fit about the "pink slime" in ground beef, but Cherry and Apple flavored poison is being sold to 12 year olds around the country!! I call bullshit!!!!

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2012, 11:22:00 PM »
I have a warning and it has nothing to do with cancer. If the sores have anything to do with your quit, when your mouth looks and feels better the bitch will be back stronger than ever. "see you didn't need to quit it was just a herpes out break" or whatever just not connected to chew. Voice of experience, cant count the time I quit for one or two day because I was sure I was already dead, only to catch back up when I healed "alittle". Stay quit and live. I hate big tabacoo.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2012, 09:20:00 PM »
I second everything Ballplayer said. I freaked out over white spots, too...garbled a bottle of Listerine as if that were cancer treatment or something. I thought it must be helping if it really stung or something? Anyway, it went away before my dentist appointment...so felt a little stupid and VERY relieved.

It's probably nothing. But if it there for more than two weeks, don't ignore it.

Offline ballplayer76

• Quitter
  • Interests: Baseball, football, fishing, and hanging with family and friends.
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2012, 02:31:00 PM »
Heavy, I just had a white spot on my gum. For a week I stressed and stressed over it. Constantly in the mirror with a flashlight, checking on it. But today, its gone. I've had sore throat, jaw, gums, and tongue. 20+ years of sucking poison takes a while to heal. Bottom line...you will notice changes. White spots/sores/lumps that don't go away after 2 weeks, have them checked. In the mean time, try not to stress over it. It will only make you crazy. Trust me. Stay quit my brother.

Offline dippshit

• Quitter
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2012, 01:35:00 PM »
If your really in pain and worried, call your dentist and have their office refer you to a Periodontist. They specialize in the teeth and soft tissue that supports the teeth and jaw otherwise known as your gums.

That is the only place your going to find an actual answer.

As far as everything else goes, the only way you can make the sores worse is by continuing your use in those areas.

Stay quit.

"It's amazing what a man can see by the light of a burning bridge" - Unknown

Offline miles

• Quit Pro
  • Howdy, I'm Miles and I'm Quit
  • Quit Date: 3/7/2011
  • Interests: My kids, Quitting, Hunting, fishing, motorcycles, MTB, football, racing, baseball, guitar, family, running, Clint Eastwood, Cold Beer, Floating down the river, camping. Atlanta Braves, Atlanta Falcons, Houston Oilers (RIP - Love Ya Blue!)"]["{{}}{{}}][_
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2012, 01:27:00 PM »
I know it says our mouth will get sore when when stop but how sore has yours got?
Did you have any white patches in mouth? Feels like it has been burned?? Sorry if this has been asked before.
I personally never experienced these symptoms but a lot of quitters have. I see this posted once a month in the intros so I would say it's normal.

Stay quit man! One day at a time!
I quit with with you all!

Offline goheavy63

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2012, 12:08:00 PM »

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2012, 08:49:00 PM »
goheavy63 day 6 This shit is not getting any better. Maybe I need to try some bacoff or something. Will not use any today.
The search function on this site is not the best in the world.
I caved tonight and went and got some bac off. I wanted to try and do it without anything but the craves are very intense.

On a side note(rant) where is my support at??
So I am lost. What is, "bac off"?

As far as the searching on the site? Don't know what to say to that. When I want to search tobacco info, I use google.

On this site, it is more fun to explore. Don't search for anything. Topics will find you.

As for support...sorry if you feel that is lacking. My experience has been a surplus. I simply can't relate.

This experience hasn't been a rosy walk through the park. All the struggle just confirms my disgust in being addicted. You can text me anytime. The support I will give you is to appreciate the pain. Don't focus on how bad it is but that you are finally being a big boy! Controlling your desire for a buzz or nic rush and being a man of your word.

It's your fight, I can't stand in your shoes. I am 29 days quit. If a candy ass like me can quit so can anyone.

Email me you contact number.
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline goheavy63

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2012, 08:00:00 PM »
goheavy63 day 6 This shit is not getting any better. Maybe I need to try some bacoff or something. Will not use any today.
I caved tonight and went and got some bac off. I wanted to try and do it without anything but the craves are very intense.

On a side note(rant) where is my support at??

Offline goheavy63

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2012, 11:00:00 AM »

Offline goheavy63

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2012, 01:42:00 PM »

Offline goheavy63

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2012, 12:41:00 PM »