Author Topic: Today is the right Day 1  (Read 1439 times)

Offline Jimmy Quits

• Quitter
  • Interests: Quitting! Raising my kids, snow skiing, ice hockey, bird hunting, fly fishing.
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Today is the right Day 1
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2017, 05:10:00 PM »
Thanks for all the Day 1 help, and replies. I think I have the Roll Call figured out for day 1, digging into the Words of Wisdom. So much already hitting home. Looking forward to addressing my addiction.

Offline Jeff W

• Quitter
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2017, 05:09:00 PM »
Welcome Jimmy, as you are aware you didn't quit. You stopped. By definition there is only one quit. Quitting is not something you do, it is something you live. You know you're in for a rough ride, dig in and get your head right immediately. Join in the banter, shit talking, camaraderie. Connect with fellow quitters in Dec and vets, give out your number and store the numbers you get in your phone ,and use them! Post your promise every single day as soon as you wake and you'll be quit. Check this out, we all know how absolutely daunting the task of quitting is and how hard it is..........good news we only quit for 24 hrs here. So buckle up , get your ass on roll and let's get some quit today! When I wake up I promise if you're still here I will QLF with you again tomorrow.

Offline ndrugby

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-11-20
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2017, 04:52:00 PM »
Also, start calling yourself an addict. You are and always will be. You will never be cured.

I think your answers would get eaten apart on here. You're not a KTC cave so it's all good. But know this, life will co to us to be filled with stress. How are you going to keep yourself quit Seinfeld it.

I'll tell you how. Find the resources here to help you. Engage others. Have nmbers to call or text if you ever get close to call to caving again. Be vulnerable.

Only you can do this. But we ca help. Show us you're serious and we will support you every step of the way.

I too am an addict. I've been quit 296 days. Seems long. But It's a fraction of the number of days I actually used. A small tiny insignificant fraction. My addiction is here to stay. But so is my quit.

I think you'll crush it. Let's do this.
God, Country, Notre Dame!
Hail to the Redskins!
My HOF Speech

Offline ndrugby

• Quitter
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2017, 04:47:00 PM »
Quote from: Jimmy
ND Rugby,

Why did it happen? Lazy, self-created belief that it would make my stressful moment better. It didn't I was still stressed, but back under the influence, and out a ton of money, and added bad health risks.
How did it happen? Spousal conflict, on my way to a hotel was the convenience store. That was remedied the next morning with a simple discussion.
What will you differently this time? Focus on continuing my quit, day by day, just like my 25 years and change of alcohol sobriety. Need to make time for my quit, like I did for trips to the store all those times.

I like the bad ass quitting addicts label.

This site has a lot of different links, do I do Roll Call today? Or do I get some sort of notice? Any help for getting into the rhythm would be appreciated.

Jimmy
Post now. Today is Day 1. Quit again tomorrow when you wake up.
Hail to the Redskins!
My HOF Speech

Offline Romandog

• Romandog of Quit
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit is good. Be quit.
  • Interests: Programming, Oil painting, Drawing, Sailing, Swimming, Krav Maga, Kettlebell/Bodyweight workouts, Military/Naval History, Theology, Physical Sciences & Mathematics, Shooting & Fishing
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2017, 04:44:00 PM »
ND Rugby,

Why did it happen? Lazy, self-created belief that it would make my stressful moment better. It didn't I was still stressed, but back under the influence, and out a ton of money, and added bad health risks.
How did it happen? Spousal conflict, on my way to a hotel was the convenience store. That was remedied the next morning with a simple discussion.
What will you differently this time? Focus on continuing my quit, day by day, just like my 25 years and change of alcohol sobriety. Need to make time for my quit, like I did for trips to the store all those times.

This site has a lot of different links, do I do Roll Call today? Or do I get some sort of notice? Any help for getting into the rhythm would be appreciated.

Jimmy
Jimmy,

Completely remove and destroy any and all forms of nicotine in your possession.

This is COMPLETELY cold Turkey.

No Gum, no NRT, no Chantix, nothing but you and your raw courage against your addiction.

Then..

Go into December and post day 1.

We quit ahead.. Promise that we will not use nic today, and we post early..

It is a Promise, not a record.

We won't be easy on you, as you were off this stuff and went back to it, even if it was elsewhere..

If you blow this off and cave again, I predict you will never be off it again. So Burn the boat. Drink the cool aid.

NEVER AGAIN FOR ANY REASON..
July 2011 Tornadoes of Quit
Since April 18, 2011, 08:42:00 AM

Offline Jimmy Quits

• Quitter
  • Interests: Quitting! Raising my kids, snow skiing, ice hockey, bird hunting, fly fishing.
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2017, 04:37:00 PM »
ND Rugby,

Jimmy

Offline ndrugby

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2017, 04:31:00 PM »
Also, read about posting Roll. You are in the December 2017 group. Go post your day 1 promise not to use nicotine. If you need help, let us know.

Also: read read read! Lots of great stories and info on this site

Dec quit group: Dec 2017

How to post roll: Post Roll
Hail to the Redskins!
My HOF Speech

Offline ndrugby

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2017, 04:28:00 PM »
Welcome Jimmy. I know you didn't cave here, but consider possible answering the 3 questions we ask all returning cavers to answer. It may help you with a new focus on your quit. Think deeply and don't cop out.

Why did it happen?
How did it happen?
What will you differently this time?

You are an addict. You are surrounded by other bad ass quitting addicts. Be all in. PM members for phone numbers. Post roll EDD. Listen to the vets. You can do this.
Hail to the Redskins!
My HOF Speech

Offline Jimmy Quits

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2017, 04:11:00 PM »
Romandog,

You are spot on in your assessments. Thanks for taking the time to respond, and for pointing out of my issues. I should have pursued my tobacco freedom more diligently, and not gotten lazy, and forgetful of my nature.

Jimmy

Offline Romandog

• Romandog of Quit
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit is good. Be quit.
  • Interests: Programming, Oil painting, Drawing, Sailing, Swimming, Krav Maga, Kettlebell/Bodyweight workouts, Military/Naval History, Theology, Physical Sciences & Mathematics, Shooting & Fishing
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2017, 04:06:00 PM »
Jimmy,

I will help you.. But you have to realize one thing, and it was the reason you went back to it after 5 years.

You are an addict. You will NEVER be healed.

There is one sentence that worries me:

"and it stick for over 5 years".

No, "it" didn't not "stick". You decided to go back to it.

Somewhere somehow you had left yourself a path back to it. All it took was time and the right set of circumstances

Weakness.. Yes, we all have weaknesses.. And it isn't about good behavior and patterns.

A kid who gets his hand burned by the fire will NEVER put his hand into it again.

I'm a little concerned that you haven't yet been burned by this addiction.

You HAVE to see yourself as an addict that will NEVER be healed.

You HAVE to have the conviction, deep in your heart that you will NEVER, for ANY REASON WHATSOEVER, put nicotine into your body EVER AGAIN,

EVEN IF IT KILLS YOU..

Capiche?

Romandog
July 2011 Tornadoes of Quit
Since April 18, 2011, 08:42:00 AM

Offline Jimmy Quits

• Quitter
Today is the right Day 1
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2017, 03:45:00 PM »
Hello, my handle is Jimmy Quits. I tried a Community Online Quit program about 10 years ago, and it stick for over 5 years until 45 months ago, and ever since, I have been back on the Copenhagen Train. I learned so much, and had such good behavior and patterns, and then one late night moment of stress, and it was...well you all know how it goes. I was weak, and continued to be weak. Been looking for the right motivation to quit, and never got there on my own. Confessed to my wife today, after hiding it for almost 4 years. What a burden it was just to say, "yes, I chew" to her. Now that I am not in Secretville anymore I feel soo00o relieved, and excited to get back to a brand new quit, knowing I have a support system on this site, and now at home as well.

Offline pky1520

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: May 2, 2016
  • Interests: Hunting, fishing
  • Likes Given: 88
Re: Day 2
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2017, 10:09:00 AM »
Hey Jimmy, glad you're posting with us. Just an FYI, only one Intro thread per quitter - it would be a cluster if everyone had multiple intro threads.

Keep on showing up and this will get better and better.

Offline Jimmy Quits

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 08:18:00 AM »
I will be a quitter for today

Offline 69franx

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Do I have your attention now? Quit date 08/01/17
  • Likes Given: 8865
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 10:17:00 AM »
Welcome aboard Jimmy. You made the right choice to quit, and picked the right place to help you get it done. Get to know the people in your December quit group. Get their phone numbers, and use them. Text daily, call when you need a boost or someone to talk you out of caving. PM for my number as well if you like. I am only around 6 weeks ahead of you in my quit, so I can remember vividly what you are going through. Wake Up Piss Post Every Damn Day will get you through One Day At A Time(WUPP EDD ODAAT) You will see this everywhere on the site and it is what makes this program work. I wish I had know exactly what those acronyms meant when I first started posting regularly last month, I spent a couple days trying to figure it out. Stay Strong, Stay Quit brother
ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech
How long have I been quit?

I brew the beer I drink, what's your superpower?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

HOF: 11/08/17     2nd Floor: 02/16/18     3rd Floor: 05/27/18     1st trip around the sun: 07/31/18     4th Floor: 09/04/18     5th floor: 12/13/18     6th floor: 03/23/2019     7th floor: 07/01/19     2nd trip around the sun: 07/31/19     8th floor: 10/09/19     9th floor: 01/17/20     Comma Day: 04/26/2020     3rd trip around the sun: 08/01/2020     11th floor: 08/04/2020     12th Floor: 11/12/2020     13th floor: 02/20/2021     14th floor: 05/31/2021

Offline Samrs

• GUD BOI!
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Just freaking post roll, OK?
  • Quit Date: 10 Jan 2017
  • Interests: Writing, gaming (computer, tabletop, board and card), SF/Fantasy, hapkido.
  • Likes Given: 1561
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 10:09:00 AM »
Had a long come clean discussion with my wife last night, after dropping the bomb on her yesterday morning that I dipped. She's glad to be on my side, and will be good for my quit. Made my commute to work with with no dip, first time in a long time. Honked as I went under the bridge that used to signal my routine time of putting a dip in for the road. I am a nicotine addict, was, am, always will be. Glad to be out from the shadows of my hidden secret.
Proud to quit with you today, Jimmy. I'm going to send you a private message (PM) - check the upper right-hand corner of any page in the forums, you'll see a link that says "Inbox".

A lot of folks use their intro page to keep a journal of what they're going through. You might want to give that a thought - record what life is liek as you quit, so if you ever need to, you can come back and remind yourself of what you've gone through (and why you don't want to do it again!)
"We have so much experience here in lying to ourselves and others, that it takes a strong voice to snap ourselves out of it... Be thankful that all these people are willing to be invested in you saving your life." -- drstober
"You're playing a game of chicken with a dead plant in a plastic can. If you cave you lost to a dead plant." -- Candoit
"The answer isn't more numbers. The answer is build relationships." -- Broccoli-saurus
"ok. now groop hug." -- 'drome
"The rule is WUPP (Wake Up Piss Post) regardless of time or zone, unless you are in the Phantom Zone.  In that case, hit up Jor-El and he can get you on roll." -- S412
My Intro - The Weight of Days - Mall Walking - Workin' it off in the Excercise Group