Author Topic: 3 days gone...still alive!!  (Read 2154 times)

Offline WyolostinGA

• Quit Date: 2014-06-21
  • Interests: Interested in keeping my face in tact
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 3 days gone...still alive!!
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2014, 05:39:00 PM »
I'm actually not lurking, nor have I found my way back to a can of dip. I am still quit and will remain that way. However, after quitting I had a long hard look at other areas of my life that needed to change. I took it as a time to rely on the strength of the Lord and wanted my entire focus to remain on him. To do that I gave up social media and honestly, other than for banking purposes, gave up the internet for the most part. Holy Ghost was weighing on my heart to thank those that had a part in my journey. That's what I'm doing here. I want to thank everyone for the support and also want to apologize for leaving anyone in the dark. This community is a huge part of my success. I don't believe I just stumbled upon this site, but am very confident that I was lead here. I hope all those I started with are still pushing through with a strong endurance. I'm all about the truth and the light now and the truth is that this community is responsible for changing the lives of so many for the better. It had a huge part in changing mine and for that I am very grateful and so is my family.

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Family, Beach, Fishing, BBQ
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2014, 05:15:00 PM »
Quote from: CavMan83
Minny,

I think WyolostinGA is now WYO LOST in a Can of CRAP....he's gone....won't answer texts...he's toast.
And he's back lurking. Hope it's a good thing, we'll see.

Offline CavMan83

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-10
  • Interests: Bass Fishing, music, all things motorsports, National Defense
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2014, 05:52:00 PM »
Minny,

I think WyolostinGA is now WYO LOST in a Can of CRAP....he's gone....won't answer texts...he's toast.

Offline Minny

• Quitter
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2014, 12:59:00 PM »
How are things going today, quitter?
Quit Date 7/12/13
HOF Date 10/19/13

My HOF Speech

Offline klark

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 10/22/2009
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2014, 04:27:00 PM »
Quote from: WyolostinGA
Thanks for the input. Have to try something at this point, otherwise my fingernails will be gone in a matter of days.
The first thing you need to do is quit relying on the word try, it has no place here.

It doesn't matter if you chew on a fucking twig all day, don't use nicotine today. You have to want to beat this. I will send you a PM with my number, text or call when you need to but if you post roll, plan on honoring it today, no matter what.
A promise not kept is the road to exile.

If quitting is cool, consider me Myles Davis.

Unless you bring value onto my 1/2 acre, I don't want to hear it.

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2014, 01:59:00 PM »
Quote from: sh4string
Thanks for the input. Have to try something at this point, otherwise my fingernails will be gone in a matter of days.
I could not and did not go with the fake. I ate some seeds and chewed some gum, but even minimized that. I wanted to drop the oral fix at the same time as the nic bitch. That said, I know many quitters that the fake played an important part in their quit early on. Try what works for you as long as no nicotine!!!!!! I drank a ton of scalding hot green tea, essentially every time I had a crave in the first few months. PM me if you need anything....you are on the right path
My recommendation is to to whatever the hell you need to do in order to keep that poison weed out of your mouth today.

Everthing is on the table... if fake gets you thru an hr, do it! If you need to drink a gallon of water, do it! If you need a bacon double from 5 guys - do it. Ice cream - eat it! Seeds, gum, candy, fireballs. Go for a run, a walk, read a book to your kid... do what you have to do.

These early days are critical and you need to not worry about what you can and can't do. There is one exception - no NICOTINE! All else is fair game.

For me - I think the whole oral fixation thing is all BS. You are addicted to nicotine bud! Plain and simple. the oral fixation thing is a mind F that people use to discourage you. Forget about that. Focus on getting thru this day quit.

Use all your tools and before you know it you will have your head on a pillow and calling it a day. That is success for today. Get thru it clean. You can do it..
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline Sh4string

• Quitter
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 10/21/2013
  • Interests: Family, Hunting, fishing, outdoors, triathlon
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2014, 01:47:00 PM »
I could not and did not go with the fake. I ate some seeds and chewed some gum, but even minimized that. I wanted to drop the oral fix at the same time as the nic bitch. That said, I know many quitters that the fake played an important part in their quit early on. Try what works for you as long as no nicotine!!!!!! I drank a ton of scalding hot green tea, essentially every time I had a crave in the first few months. PM me if you need anything....you are on the right path
Quitting every damn day since October 21, 2013

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2014, 01:26:00 PM »
Keep learning all you can about how this stuff is so bad! I"m with you!
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline WyolostinGA

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2014, 01:08:00 PM »

Offline Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2014, 10:42:00 AM »
Minny - Appreciate the tough love. I do have that image burned in my brain and think of the look on my sons face every time the cravings get bad.

I'm on day 4 now and I am considering ordering the Oregon Mint Snuff. However, it feels like the cravings are far worse and last longer when I have seeds, candy, coffee grounds, etc...packed in my mouth. It's like my body is telling me to quit teasing it with the fake shit. I know everyone is different and there is no magic pill, but is there anyone that can share the benefits to having the alternative. I'm nervous I will order this crap and it will cause my cravings to be worse than they already are.
Anything to keep a nicotine out of your system brother. Lots of us use fake chew. I remember thinking the same thing. I wanted to erdaicate the need to put anything in my lip. But if it keeps you from dipping, it's doing you a favor. Go ahead and google fake dip QUIT websites. There aren't any. That's because when the time comes you will be able to take the fake dip out of your lip a whole hell of a lot easier than taking away the real stuff. For the first 50 days I would use any tool that does not hurt you or anyone around you, and keeps nicotine out of your system.

Offline Minny

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2014, 10:32:00 AM »
Minny - Appreciate the tough love. I do have that image burned in my brain and think of the look on my sons face every time the cravings get bad.

I'm on day 4 now and I am considering ordering the Oregon Mint Snuff. However, it feels like the cravings are far worse and last longer when I have seeds, candy, coffee grounds, etc...packed in my mouth. It's like my body is telling me to quit teasing it with the fake shit. I know everyone is different and there is no magic pill, but is there anyone that can share the benefits to having the alternative. I'm nervous I will order this crap and it will cause my cravings to be worse than they already are.
Days 4 was a tough one for me. Really tough. Just get through it, that's all that matters.

Everyone is different, but I didn't use any fake stuff. I tried seeds but they were too salty and I was eating 35 calories per second, and gum and candy didn't really do the trick. I got through it just fine and the oral fixation went away after a short time.

For some reason I bought a can of Smokey Mountain Wintergreen (herbal) around day 60 and that was a mistake because more than anything else it made me crave the real thing. That said, it also made me realize just how ridiculous it is to walk around with a wad of juicy plant in your lip or be anchored to a spitter.
Quit Date 7/12/13
HOF Date 10/19/13

My HOF Speech

Offline RES17CUE

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-20
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2014, 10:16:00 AM »
Wyolost, hang in there brother. Day 3 killed me but day 4 was a million times easier. Just take it a day at a time. I picked up some smokey mountain straight and wintergreen yesterday. The straight tastes exactly like grizzly straight. It was a nice treat to have that familiar taste, but knowing there wasn't any nicotine was awesome. Embrace the suck, post roll, and quit like fuck. I'm pm'ing you my #. I'm a GA boy as well so if you need anything holler.
You're Quit, Not Cured. KTC will help remind you of the difference.

Quit- 6/20/2014
HOF- 9/27/2014

Offline CavMan83

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-10
  • Interests: Bass Fishing, music, all things motorsports, National Defense
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2014, 10:02:00 AM »
Wyolost,

I have found that Bacc-Off straight works for me for that whole oral fixation thing. I was a cope addict and user for nearly four decades, and this is the closest thing to it in terms of texture/taste I have found. But I use a helluva lot less of that than I did Cope (only used five cans in fifteen days, as opposed to that would have been 20 tins of Cope easy).

Of course, each of us is different. and I don't know what your previous poison of choice was...I personally couldn't STAND wintergreen or mint, so can't talk about that.

Hang in there dude, the mental games are just beginnning as your brain rewires itself and starts to shut down nicotine receptors it built over the years.

Offline WyolostinGA

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2014, 09:55:00 AM »

Offline jeeptruck

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-23
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2014, 02:30:00 PM »
this is my first day. so I don't have a lot of wisdom. but my dad who quit (25 years ago yesterday) told me this morning after I told him I quit, "I was a prisoner of tabbacco for years. hard to realize now but EVERYTHING I did revolved around it for years. it was tough but before I knew it I was free. didn't think about it anymore just felt better and healthier than ever."
so take it from him.
HOF Date 9/30/2014 in the October Titans group

so what my quit dates in September and im in the Ocotber HOF group? that makes me a SuliTan
"Youll never regret staying quit, youll always regret caving"- Nolaq
"That's like putting a bolt back into a machine without never seizing it.... Your just fucking the next guy. " - Jake_M
"Hipsters don't even know which end of the Hammer to hold" - Bronc

2nd Floor: Jan 8 2015