Author Topic: Day 2 Intro. Thank you kdip and the chatroom  (Read 3279 times)

Offline clairmontblues

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-23
  • Interests: Fishing, Gardening, Home Improvement Projects, College Football
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Day 2 Intro. Thank you kdip and the chatroom
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2014, 05:55:00 PM »
That was a great Intro. It's interesting to hear of all the various ways we all got started down the path to nicotine addiction. Regardless of the start, in time it's the same; a relentless cycle of being stuck doing something that is no longer even enjoyable and wishing we had a way to quit. Well you've found the way to quit for good right here. Read, read and read some more. There is strength and encouragement aplenty to be found here. I couldn't have gotten this far (79 days now) without KTC.
I'm proud to quit with you.

Offline FMBM707

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-05-06
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2014, 05:42:00 PM »
Drink a lot of water the next few days. Dip tea, coffee grinds, beef jerky, mint leaves, seeds- anything but nicotine. It'll get worse before it gets better but IT WILL get better. Read, read and then read some more on KTC. Read intros, read hOF speeches, read words of wisdom, read posts within your group.

Own your quit every damn day. Wake up, piss and post roll. Make that promise every day to yourself and to us.

Quit today with you and I'll wake up and do it again tomorrow.

Quit on.

Offline Flannywho

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-08-04
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2014, 04:55:00 PM »
Congrats on the quit. Simple advice. post roll daily. no options, no wavering. you need to post daily and give all of us your promise to stay quit for that day. Then repeat. Grab as many numbers as possible. Reach out to anyone and ask for their number so you have all of them close in case you need them. Everyone here has been through what you are going through. Some handle it better than others. Some cave, while others stay quit because they promised to be a man of their word and to not let down their KTC brothers. Your choice. You certainly have taken the right step.

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: August 18, 2014
  • Interests: Family, Soccer, fishing, hunting, camping
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2014, 12:57:00 PM »
Great work on your decision.
Build a network of support and redirect your mind when the craving come.
Every time I think of of it I get on this site and read, post and chat. It is great therapy.
Stay strong, one day at a time,
Charles

Offline QuitInCA

• Quitter
  • RANT Dec 2014
  • Quit Date: 9/8/2014
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 12:53:00 PM »
I forgot to mention I looked through all my backpacks, all my pockets, everywhere in my car. Threw away every tin and remnant of the slave drug yesterday. It's over, and I'm going to need the support of this group to see this through. I can do much better with my life.

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 12:52:00 PM »
Its horrifying how addictive this shit is. Good on ya for deciding to quit while you are young. (and before something really bad happens) Stay close to this site. Its sucks bad at first but gets better and better as you keep stacking up the days. ODAAT Bro! Welcome.

Offline QuitInCA

• Quitter
  • RANT Dec 2014
  • Quit Date: 9/8/2014
Day 2 Intro. Thank you kdip and the chatroom
« on: September 09, 2014, 12:27:00 PM »
My daily suicide came first in the form of a present from my brother. Christmas time time 2011, my brother gave me a little present that looked like a big tootsie roll. He said it was something he got on his travels through the southern Alabama (he was in sales at the time) and thought it was a funny stereotype gift from area. He said if you open it you have to try it. I said ok whatever sure.

I opened it up, and I didn't understand what it was. Dry snuff in a little cylindrical can. He said take a pinch and snort it up your nose. I did, and that's the last time my life was ever the same.

At first it was kind of a novelty, you snort it, your eyes water, you cough, you laugh at everyone trying a pinch. Then I noticed the buzz was like a caffeine punch to the face and my alertness level rose. I started taking a pinch before big meetings. Huh weird, this stuff actually kinda helps....

I didn't realize I had an addictive personality up to that point. I started justifying my habit by pressuring the buddies next to me, "just take a pinch this stuff is awesome." Looking back I'm happily shocked I never transitioned to cocaine, I would probably be dead.

After a solid 9 months of snorting that crap, I realized my habit had gotten bad. I was now hiding the fact I was snorting maybe 30-40 pinches a day, to the point I couldn't breathe out of my nose most of the time. I went on a trip with a buddy to have a no reason drunkfest in in the northwest, but crap, I forgot my dry snuff! So he handed me his dip can. I said "no way that stuff makes me sick." Little did I know, I had already built up the nicotine tolerance of polar bear.

I thought dip would be a good way for me to wean myself off dry snuff. 1 can a week or so...then 2 a week...then 1 every other day... then 1 or 2 cans a day. You guys know the drill.

It was all fun and games ninja dipping while I was single, then when I was also just dating my future wife.

We got engaged, and I said to myself, "I'm going to quit this when we get married." Well, that idea came and went. "I'm just going to dip on the weekends on my way to home depot." Ok, well maybe just on the way to work..and back." "Ok, maybe just a little bit at work too, I'm bored at my desk, it helps me work faster."

Over a year has gone by since I said I was going to stop. Stopping is not quitting, Kdip mentioned this in the chatroom yesterday. I'm sick of lying to my wife, I'm tired of being a slave to this horrible addiction. I'm tired of feeling like a piece of shit that can't even keep a promise to myself to improve my life. I'm tired of worrying that I'll get cancer and die, but not being able to put down a tin... and for what??

Can't get a cheap rate on life insurance right now, so I don't even have it. Is that how I want to leave my wife if I get in a car accident on the way home today. What a shitty selfish way to live.

It's Day 2 and I quit dying slowly over time yesterday. I am embracing the suck right now. And boy does it suck so good. Hat tip to Kdip who mentioned green tea on the way to work, then dip the leaves to get the oral fix. That saved me this morning. Can't thank you enough for that solid tip.