Author Topic: final quit  (Read 2122 times)

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: final quit
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2014, 01:00:00 AM »
Quote from: from
When you get way up near 80 days clean it dosent seem like you have cravings
you must be the exception. I fought for each hour of freedom for the first 200+ days because I had strong cravings and strong urges to buy a can several times an hour. It wasn't until 400+ days that the urge to buy lessened, but the actual "craving" was gone. I still think of those first 200 days and wonder how I made it. How did I make it? I wanted it. I worked for it. I remembered I was an addict each day. I posted roll each day and I honored my word.
"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2014, 12:41:00 AM »
Look man, you need to pull your Fucking head out of you asshole.

You never quit, you stopped for 78 days. Big Fucking deal.

You obviously didn't listen or learn a God Damn thing in those 78 days because you list your reasons for caving like they were some big surprise. If you had paid an iota of attention you would have known these pitfalls were out there and built a web of accountability so you could avoid them.

Instead you took the easy way out and caved like a Fucking pussy.

People (including myself) told you to take it one day at a time, but you kept doing your own thing and now say you were "way up there" in days. Dude, 80 days aint dick. Either is day 741, which is where I'm at. The only day that matters is TODAY. Whether you're on day 12 or day 2112.

You need to seriously decide if you really want this or not. To be honest you sound like a pushed in set of franks and beans. You sound spineless, weak, and full of shit. I have serious doubts that you have what it takes to quit.

Hope you prove me wrong, but I think I got you pegged. Only time will tell and that time passes one day at a time.
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline Raider

• Quit Pro
  • Imma Quitter
  • Quit Date: Feb 28, 2014
  • Interests: Fishing, Camping, Kayaking, but mainly spending time with the family and friends.
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2014, 09:57:00 PM »
Quote from: CoreyF
Quote from: Bombero
Is this the same Corey who almost joined Aug14?

If so - WTF man? You need to man up or move on. If not the same Corey, you still need to man up or move on.

In either case, your serial caves just show that you're weak and incapable of using the support on this site. If you want to kill yourself, go ahead - but kindly do it somewhere else since we're all busy trying to save lives here.
Yeah it's me I don't even remember coming back the other times just the first. When you get way up near 80 days clean it dosent seem like you have cravings I did not think I did. I was just thinking man I'm not an addict anymore so I can just have one every now and then what's the big deal. But no it wasn't me it was the nicotine the whole time. And now I know
So how are you going to deal with the craves in the future? You know they are coming, how in the hell are you going to handle them "this" time?

Your responses don't seem as thought they are well thought out and from the heart. I'm not in the group you are trying to get in but still wanting to hear a "real" from the heart response. We have seen a lot of returning cavers and heard a lot of bullshit sob stories. Wanna be quit? Then tell September 2014 why you should be allowed to join their club and make it sincere.

Offline CoreyF

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-13
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2014, 09:46:00 PM »
Quote from: Bombero

If so - WTF man? You need to man up or move on. If not the same Corey, you still need to man up or move on.

In either case, your serial caves just show that you're weak and incapable of using the support on this site. If you want to kill yourself, go ahead - but kindly do it somewhere else since we're all busy trying to save lives here.
Yeah it's me I don't even remember coming back the other times just the first. When you get way up near 80 days clean it dosent seem like you have cravings I did not think I did. I was just thinking man I'm not an addict anymore so I can just have one every now and then what's the big deal. But no it wasn't me it was the nicotine the whole time. And now I know

Offline CoreyF

• Quitter
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2014, 09:33:00 PM »
CoreyF-Day 2 tomorrow IÂ’ll be nic free.
1)What happened?
I did quit before I was at Day 78! I was so happy I had never gone that long without dip. I was feeling great and when I saw people with dip I thought how gross. But there were a few times where I almost caved. I would have late craves and think well I havenÂ’t dipped in like 3 months so maybe I could moderate myself and do it like once a day. NO YOU CAN NOT!!! Once an addict always an addict.

2) Why did it happen?
I thought I was over the nic and back in charge. Once we become clean we may never go back. Now I know.

3) What are you going to do differently this time??
IÂ’m very sorry to everyone for caving, IÂ’m a little bitch when it comes to nicotine. I will post roll call every day and I will never go back to dipp. When I caved last time there was a person who emailed me and tried to help me out but it didnÂ’t work. IÂ’m so sorry and I feel very bad I really wish I could have hit the HOF with my original group. But if you guys wouldnÂ’t mind I would like to do it with you guys. If not I will just have to quit on my own.

Thank you,
Corey F.

Offline CoreyF

• Quitter
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2014, 07:19:00 PM »
CoreyF-Day 2 tomorrow IÂ’ll be nic free.
1)   What happened?
I did quit before I was at Day 78! I was so happy I had never gone that long without dip. I was feeling great and when I saw people with dip I thought how gross. But there were a few times where I almost caved. I would have late craves and think well I havenÂ’t dipped in like 3 months so maybe I could moderate myself and do it like once a day. NO YOU CAN NOT!!! Once an addict always an addict.

2) Why did it happen?
I thought I was over the nic and back in charge. Once we become clean we may never go back. Now I know.

3) What are you going to do differently this time??
IÂ’m very sorry to everyone for caving, IÂ’m a little bitch when it comes to nicotine. I will post roll call every day and I will never go back to dipp. When I caved last time there was a person who emailed me and tried to help me out but it didnÂ’t work. IÂ’m so sorry and I feel very bad I really wish I could have hit the HOF with my original group. But if you guys wouldnÂ’t mind I would like to do it with you guys. If not I will just have to quit on my own.

Thank you,
Corey F.

Offline Bombero

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-25
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2014, 03:45:00 AM »

I was a ninja dipper, but I will have a berserker quit - Here's some encouragement

NEVER Ring the Bell! Watch this. It will change your life.

When a crave hits watch this.

"Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be Kind Always."

?Gentlemen, we are going to relentlessly chase perfection, knowing full well we will not catch it, because nothing is perfect. But we are going to relentlessly chase it, because in the process we will catch excellence. I am not remotely interested in just being good. ? ~ Vince Lombardi

"We all have our own demons that we face on a day to day basis. Some we can talk to others about. Some that we have to work through on our own. ...the nic bitch continues to knock on the doors my friends. Stay strong, stay vigilant." - Fireheeler; 6/11/14 in AUG14

Never cured, but quitting like this

What cost is too high?

Addict Life

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2014, 10:48:00 PM »
Another serial caver? You got to be shittin' me.

Answer to October 2013, July 2013, and to the group you just posted a day 1 in, September 2014

What happend?

Why did it happen?

Whats going to be different this time?
"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."

Offline Sand_Fleas_Gotta_Eat

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Restoring my 220 year old house. I don't have any other interest because I no longer have time for such things.
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2013, 07:45:00 AM »
Quote from: jake
Are you a returning caver? 
It looks that way?

What happend?

Why did it happen?

Answer these questions for yourself and others so we can see what happened and what to avoid?  Its the price of re admittance.
CoreyF - You need to answer these questions here, your new group (October 2013) and your old group July 2013, all your brothers are now in reach of the HOF and have missed you since you dropped out (day 78) without telling any of us that you caved.

Offline jake frawley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: I'm married to a beautiful lady. I like to lift weights and run. I play poker and win. I spend as much time riding as I can! I go to work every day and work too many hrs. I'm aggressive! And all of this makes me happy. I'm here to quit the one thing I hate about myself, my addiction to chew. It has ruled me and I wont be controlled anymore!
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2013, 10:24:00 PM »
Are you a returning caver?
It looks that way?

What happend?

Why did it happen?

Answer these questions for yourself and others so we can see what happened and what to avoid? Its the price of re admittance.

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2013, 10:15:00 PM »
Quit like fuck second to second, minute to minute, hour to hour, one day at a time ODAAT! Build a hate for the nic bitch and UST they made you a slave, stole your money, damaged your health, and made you fear for your life! You need to build up your quit arsenal by reading, and gaining knowledge! I quit with you today.

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2013, 09:47:00 PM »
Focus on day today. Tomorrow, focus on tomorrow.

I'm kinda chubby (actually I'm big boned). If I ran once around the local high school track, I wouldn't say "I'm ready for a marathon".

Id say, "fuck, that kind of sucked...but I made it. Tomorrow I will drag my big boned ass around the track again, eventually it will get easier, right"

Point is you can't worry about the hof on day one. You can only worry about making it through each day. Then before you know it that 100 day hof will be here. Then day 101 comes and THAT becomes your most important day.

Maybe you learned that from last time? I hope so....
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2013, 09:07:00 PM »
Bump for a new day 1
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline Smokeyg

• Quit King
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2013, 12:30:00 AM »
yes im quit. and for good. I took my last dip out at 7 am this morning "central time" . And i also posted in my quit group i cant wait to hit my 100 day mark.
Yes, the HOF is special. But answer this - why is the HOF special? I can't wait to hit 1,783.

Offline zam

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit is not a passive activity.
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2013, 09:28:00 PM »
Quote from: Rob1985
yes im quit. and for good. I took my last dip out at 7 am this morning "central time" . And i also posted in my quit group i cant wait to hit my 100 day mark.
Glad you decided to take back your life, but remember its day-by-day. Beat each craving as it hits and make each day a victory. It's a marathon, not a sprint. Always focus on today, with tomorrow in your sights.

Day 41 for me... I quit with you!
^^^^listen to Rob. The promise you posted is for today. So keep your word TODAY. You can do TODAY for damn sure, if you word is worth a damn. It will suck, but it will not suck so bad that you can't get through TODAY. Just stay quit today brother. forever is not something we deal with. I'm quit with you today. If you need help making your decision easier, I recommend reading everything you can on this board. And I invite you to post with BOMB (may12) anytime.
*Quit today. Full stop. No qualifiers. Tomorrow?... IDK, IDC.