Author Topic: Triggers  (Read 4966 times)

Offline TheMissingPeace

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Triggers
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2011, 12:23:00 AM »
Smokey Mountain Wintergreen (with some cayenne pepper sprinkled on) is really not that bad. And when you consider the alternative... It's really pretty damn good! I'm going through a can a day. Didn't even know about the grape shit. I'll have to try it out. Peace

Offline TheMissingPeace

• Quitter
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2011, 11:03:00 PM »
I'm going through a can of Smokey Mountain a day. I have no idea if this is considered a lot or a little. Peace

Offline zeroprog

• Quitter
    • www.zeroprog.com
  • Interests: sports, computer programming, video games
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2011, 09:17:00 PM »
im diggin the hooch mint. if only the steel tins werent so hard to open
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

Offline tarpon17

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2011, 09:05:00 AM »
Things I hate:

Trying to find a place to spit while I'm holding my kids
Having my wife look at me with disgust while I spit
Having to take a shit every hour so I can pack one at work
Having heartburn all the time
Spitting out the window while driving, only to let the wind blow it back in my face
Driving to numerous stores to find cope
Having a panic attack as I have a big meeting and barely a pinch in the tin

Fuck Dip, I was a slave to that bitch for 23 years. You'll come to hate her too in time.

Offline elkhills

• Quitter
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2011, 11:48:00 PM »
I got 2 words for you brother- Smokey Mountain. They'll send you a 5 or 6 can sample pack for $10 and you'll have it in a week.
36 days ago I was a 25 year veteran Skoal Mint man. I was going ape shit bat shit cat shit crazy on sunflower seeds, gum and sugar before I found that stuff. I dipped coffee grounds a couple times. Yeah, coffee grounds.
Smokey Mtn's version of mint aint real close to Skoal... but wintergreen is the shit. And I'll admit, I bought a 10 pack of Grape- it's like friggen candy. Sat in church last week with a little grape, yes I know, I'm probably going to Hell for that.
I'm dead serious dude, but that shit, you wont regret it.
Last can I opened was a can of whoop ass.

Offline bigbamadan

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2010-03-23
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2011, 10:11:00 PM »
Quote from: cjs238
1)  Playing Xbox Call of Duty....with a fatty.  For now i can't even play Xbox.  Man i love Xbox live.

2)  Going to Phillies games (10 year season ticket holder!)....with a huge fatty in.  Enjoyed the game this past weekend but it didnt feel "right".

3)  Taking a shit... with a huge lipper and spitting between my legs (and of course smelling my own shit).  Cant really say i miss that though.

4)  Driving to work...with a fat dip.  I have a 1 hour commute and for years and years and years i would throw a fatro in and chill behind the wheel.  For now my commute sux worse than it already did!

5)  Sitting in my office, with my door shut, kicking a lippy for an hour pretending to be on a conference call while i was really searching for the end of the internet.

There is a ton more im sure, but these are the things that stand out the most.  Oh yea, as a side note i am on Day 18 and doing OK.  During my first week my grandfather died and i had to drive 10 hours to the funeral and 10 hours back with my brother who dips like a mother effer, while grieving, and still stayed clean.  I think this site helped me during that weekend...its just nice to know others are going through the same things as me.  Fuck Skoal

Chris
quit fucking romanticizing the time you spent addicted. it's more like that crazy bitch you dated in college. yeah you may have thought you had some good times and hot sex, but the entire time she was secretly fucking your roommate while plotting to kill you and your dog.

sorry to hear about your grandfather....going through that dip free proves you can overcome anything without having to stuff your face.
Quit: 3/23/10
All good things in all good time.

Offline cjs238

• Quitter
  • Interests: not dipping anymore!
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2011, 08:53:00 PM »
ill add one more thing... someone asked me about 3 days in how it feels to go through nicotine withdrawal. My response was "it feels like i am missing something i need to survive... and the worst part is that i could get it right this second if i decided to". of course it does not feel like that now being 18 days in, but at the time that is how i felt. again... just another rant.

Offline cjs238

• Quitter
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2011, 08:51:00 PM »
its funny isnt it? how not dipping makes you feel like you are missing something? What a big fat lie. i quit with you

Offline CORNWALLACE

• Quit Pro
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2011, 08:32:00 PM »
1) Playing Xbox Call of Duty....with a fatty. For now i can't even play Xbox. Man i love Xbox live.

2) Going to Phillies games (10 year season ticket holder!)....with a huge fatty in. Enjoyed the game this past weekend but it didnt feel "right".

3) Taking a shit... with a huge lipper and spitting between my legs (and of course smelling my own shit). Cant really say i miss that though.

4) Driving to work...with a fat dip. I have a 1 hour commute and for years and years and years i would throw a fatro in and chill behind the wheel. For now my commute sux worse than it already did!

5) Sitting in my office, with my door shut, kicking a lippy for an hour pretending to be on a conference call while i was really searching for the end of the internet.

There is a ton more im sure, but these are the things that stand out the most. Oh yea, as a side note i am on Day 18 and doing OK. During my first week my grandfather died and i had to drive 10 hours to the funeral and 10 hours back with my brother who dips like a mother effer, while grieving, and still stayed clean. I think this site helped me during that weekend...its just nice to know others are going through the same things as me. Fuck Skoal

Chris
Funny stuff, Chris - you have made it through the worst I guess - hopefully in time you won't believe the lie that you're missing something - I quit with you today my July brother. Corn

Offline cjs238

• Quitter
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2011, 08:14:00 PM »
1) Playing Xbox Call of Duty....with a fatty. For now i can't even play Xbox. Man i love Xbox live.

2) Going to Phillies games (10 year season ticket holder!)....with a huge fatty in. Enjoyed the game this past weekend but it didnt feel "right".

3) Taking a shit... with a huge lipper and spitting between my legs (and of course smelling my own shit). Cant really say i miss that though.

4) Driving to work...with a fat dip. I have a 1 hour commute and for years and years and years i would throw a fatro in and chill behind the wheel. For now my commute sux worse than it already did!

5) Sitting in my office, with my door shut, kicking a lippy for an hour pretending to be on a conference call while i was really searching for the end of the internet.

There is a ton more im sure, but these are the things that stand out the most. Oh yea, as a side note i am on Day 18 and doing OK. During my first week my grandfather died and i had to drive 10 hours to the funeral and 10 hours back with my brother who dips like a mother effer, while grieving, and still stayed clean. I think this site helped me during that weekend...its just nice to know others are going through the same things as me. Fuck Skoal

Chris

Offline rhester03

• Quitter
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2011, 05:53:00 AM »
Im trying to figure out what peoples opinions are on using the fake shit. I bought Hooch and have found it to be a huge help during my quit. I am about three weeks in and am doing OK...probably no better or worse than most at three weeks in. I guess im just wondering what peoples thoughts are on the best way to use the fake stuff (from a strategic perspective). I get these major cravings still at three weeks in, and using Hooch really helps...even alleviates the cravings to a certain extent. I guess im really just wondering if my desire to use Hooch will eventually go away or if i will have to "quit" the fake stuff as well. thoughts appreciated. I hope the people at Skoal die. They are all motherfucking cocksuckers.

Chris
I used Hooch for the first couple of weeks, then wound up quitting it the same way I quit the real stuff. I ran out, and never bothered to buy more. That may be a bit easier for me though because being deployed, I have to mail order any of the fake stuff.

The fake stuff helped me through my initial cravings and then I used it less and less because it dried out so much faster than the real stuff...who wants a dried up dip in their mouth?

Offline elkhills

• Quitter
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2011, 04:13:00 AM »
Quote from: evdog1919
Im trying to figure out what peoples opinions are on using the fake shit.  I bought Hooch and have found it to be a huge help during my quit.  I am about three weeks in and am doing OK...probably no better or worse than most at three weeks in.  I guess im just wondering what peoples thoughts are on the best way to use the fake stuff (from a strategic perspective).  I get these major cravings still at three weeks in, and using Hooch really helps...even alleviates the cravings to a certain extent.  I guess im really just wondering if my desire to use Hooch will eventually go away or if i will have to "quit" the fake stuff as well.  thoughts appreciated.  I hope the people at Skoal die.  They are all motherfucking cocksuckers.

Chris
Just passed 100 days and wanted to drop a little knowledge for you. I used the shit out of Smokey Mountain and Hooch for the first couple months. I really think it was 1 of the most important factors for me to reach the HOF. After day 60 or so, my desire for the fake stuff started falling fast. I now have 1 every 3-4 days or so. I just make sure I have a can in my car when I get a big craving. Some days I open my console and feel surprised that I have a can in there.

Like others have said, use it non-stop if that's what's needed to keep you from dipping.
Thanks for that. I'm just over a month in and using Smokey Mtn about as much as I used to use Skoal- like all the time. I didn't have any, didn't even know fake existed for the first 2 weeks of my quit, and it has made ALL the difference!
A sample pack of Smokey Mtn  Hooch should be a part of the "Day 1 Quitters Tool Kit". Several 5 gallon buckets of sunflower seeds and 5 lbs of gum should go in there, too.
Last can I opened was a can of whoop ass.

Offline evdog1919

• Quitter
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2011, 12:33:00 AM »
Im trying to figure out what peoples opinions are on using the fake shit. I bought Hooch and have found it to be a huge help during my quit. I am about three weeks in and am doing OK...probably no better or worse than most at three weeks in. I guess im just wondering what peoples thoughts are on the best way to use the fake stuff (from a strategic perspective). I get these major cravings still at three weeks in, and using Hooch really helps...even alleviates the cravings to a certain extent. I guess im really just wondering if my desire to use Hooch will eventually go away or if i will have to "quit" the fake stuff as well. thoughts appreciated. I hope the people at Skoal die. They are all motherfucking cocksuckers.

Chris
Just passed 100 days and wanted to drop a little knowledge for you. I used the shit out of Smokey Mountain and Hooch for the first couple months. I really think it was 1 of the most important factors for me to reach the HOF. After day 60 or so, my desire for the fake stuff started falling fast. I now have 1 every 3-4 days or so. I just make sure I have a can in my car when I get a big craving. Some days I open my console and feel surprised that I have a can in there.

Like others have said, use it non-stop if that's what's needed to keep you from dipping.

Offline TheMissingPeace

• Quitter
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2011, 10:52:00 PM »
If you need a point-man for your covert-ops just let me know... Peace

Offline cjs238

• Quitter
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2011, 10:49:00 PM »
it will get better after the first week i promise. I didnt believe it would considering how shitty i felt during week 1 but i did get to a point where it got better and i could actually function as a human. it still sucks big time but i stopped feeling like i was going to die as a result of not dipping any longer after about day 6 or so. it seems to go in waves for me. After week one i have had days where i feel no issues whatsoever and then there are days i want to go on a killing spree (not literally but you get my drift). if i had my choice of who to kill it would be whoever is in charge over at Skoal.