Author Topic: Triggers  (Read 4965 times)

Offline J2b

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
    • May 11
  • Quit Date: 01/23/2011
  • Likes Given: 239
Re: Triggers
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2011, 10:20:00 AM »
Quote from: cjs238
im finding cinnamon gum to work the best... something about the spicy/burning flavor that helps take the edge off.
Fireballs are the shit at that; I read syndromes intro and decided to give them a try round day 50 or so. Wow, talk about a crave killer. Never go anywhere without a few in my pocket now.
The problem is not the problem.  The problem is your attitude about the problem.  Do you understand?

Draw Fire

If its too much trouble to post roll call, you could always fuck off.

Quit Group: May 11 3 Balled Quitters

• Quit: 01/23/11

Offline cjs238

• Quitter
  • Interests: not dipping anymore!
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2011, 09:49:00 AM »
im finding cinnamon gum to work the best... something about the spicy/burning flavor that helps take the edge off.

Offline Gatortom

• Quitter
  • Interests: Hunting, fishing, running, working out
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2011, 05:18:00 PM »
Quote from: cblount41
Im working on Day 10 of my quit and it's going fairly well so far.  Been dipping for about 13 years or so.  Needless to say quitting has not been easy but i am in it 100%...I will never chew or smoke again.  The withdrawal has mostly gone, but i still get intense cravings (physical as well) after i eat a meal.  I would usually pop a dip in right after dinner/lunch.  I guess im just wondering if anyone who has gone through this can tell me how long these types of cravings will last.  I already went through the primary withdrawal symptoms (i was waking up and my entire bed would be soaked with sweat, etc).  Like i said there is nothing in this world that can get me to ever put another dip in my mouth, but it like to feel normal after i eat a meal again at some point!  Just don't feel "normal" either without a dip in.

Chris
I am working on replacing the dip with gum. After I eat, after morning coffee, driving home, I put a piece of gum in. I may not want it, but I am trying to reteach my mind to think about something else. It is working so far, but damn that is a lot of gum!
This is what I do except with masterbation instead of gum. The wife is starting to get annoyed. 'crackup' Seriously though, this has worked for me (gum not masterbation). I chew a shitload of gum now. Every time we go to Walmart, I'm buying 2 grocery bags full of gum.
Quit date - 1/4/2011
HOF - 4/13/2011

Offline cjs238

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2011, 04:31:00 PM »
Quote from: southtexasman
Im working on Day 10 of my quit and it's going fairly well so far.  Been dipping for about 13 years or so.  Needless to say quitting has not been easy but i am in it 100%...I will never chew or smoke again.  The withdrawal has mostly gone, but i still get intense cravings (physical as well) after i eat a meal.  I would usually pop a dip in right after dinner/lunch.  I guess im just wondering if anyone who has gone through this can tell me how long these types of cravings will last.  I already went through the primary withdrawal symptoms (i was waking up and my entire bed would be soaked with sweat, etc).  Like i said there is nothing in this world that can get me to ever put another dip in my mouth, but i would like to feel normal after i eat a meal again at some point!  Just don't feel "normal" either without a dip in.

Chris
I'm at day 34 and the after eating craves are about the only things left. Especially if it was something spicy like cajun or mexican.

Just you know what to expect now and how to deal with them so just hang tight and power through.
yea i think powering through is about all i can do. i agree with you though about spicy food. i have been avoiding it because it just makes it worse! sometimes after lunch i will get it pretty bad as well and just find myself starting into space for long periods of time...not being able to think. im getting used to it though. im sure it will get better... i hope it will. im doing much better than i thought i would be. so glad i made this decision.

Offline southtexasman

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 03:56:00 PM »
Im working on Day 10 of my quit and it's going fairly well so far. Been dipping for about 13 years or so. Needless to say quitting has not been easy but i am in it 100%...I will never chew or smoke again. The withdrawal has mostly gone, but i still get intense cravings (physical as well) after i eat a meal. I would usually pop a dip in right after dinner/lunch. I guess im just wondering if anyone who has gone through this can tell me how long these types of cravings will last. I already went through the primary withdrawal symptoms (i was waking up and my entire bed would be soaked with sweat, etc). Like i said there is nothing in this world that can get me to ever put another dip in my mouth, but i would like to feel normal after i eat a meal again at some point! Just don't feel "normal" either without a dip in.

Chris
I'm at day 34 and the after eating craves are about the only things left. Especially if it was something spicy like cajun or mexican.

Just you know what to expect now and how to deal with them so just hang tight and power through.
SoTex

Quit Date 3-10-11 8:00 a.m.
HOF 6-17-11

If it has tits or tires you can expect its gonna give you trouble.

...so that his place is never with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

My HOF Speech....hope it helps

Offline cblount41

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 02:40:00 PM »
Im working on Day 10 of my quit and it's going fairly well so far. Been dipping for about 13 years or so. Needless to say quitting has not been easy but i am in it 100%...I will never chew or smoke again. The withdrawal has mostly gone, but i still get intense cravings (physical as well) after i eat a meal. I would usually pop a dip in right after dinner/lunch. I guess im just wondering if anyone who has gone through this can tell me how long these types of cravings will last. I already went through the primary withdrawal symptoms (i was waking up and my entire bed would be soaked with sweat, etc). Like i said there is nothing in this world that can get me to ever put another dip in my mouth, but it like to feel normal after i eat a meal again at some point! Just don't feel "normal" either without a dip in.

Chris
I am working on replacing the dip with gum. After I eat, after morning coffee, driving home, I put a piece of gum in. I may not want it, but I am trying to reteach my mind to think about something else. It is working so far, but damn that is a lot of gum!
Tonight I'll be on that hill 'cause I can't stop,
I'll be on that hill with everything I got,
Lives on the line where dreams are found and lost,
I'll be there on time and I'll pay the cost.

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 02:36:00 PM »
Im working on Day 10 of my quit and it's going fairly well so far. Been dipping for about 13 years or so. Needless to say quitting has not been easy but i am in it 100%...I will never chew or smoke again. The withdrawal has mostly gone, but i still get intense cravings (physical as well) after i eat a meal. I would usually pop a dip in right after dinner/lunch. I guess im just wondering if anyone who has gone through this can tell me how long these types of cravings will last. I already went through the primary withdrawal symptoms (i was waking up and my entire bed would be soaked with sweat, etc). Like i said there is nothing in this world that can get me to ever put another dip in my mouth, but it like to feel normal after i eat a meal again at some point! Just don't feel "normal" either without a dip in.

Chris
I still get cravings at day 123. Now they are 2 or 3 times a week instead of all day.

Offline cjs238

• Quitter
Triggers
« on: April 12, 2011, 02:23:00 PM »
Im working on Day 10 of my quit and it's going fairly well so far. Been dipping for about 13 years or so. Needless to say quitting has not been easy but i am in it 100%...I will never chew or smoke again. The withdrawal has mostly gone, but i still get intense cravings (physical as well) after i eat a meal. I would usually pop a dip in right after dinner/lunch. I guess im just wondering if anyone who has gone through this can tell me how long these types of cravings will last. I already went through the primary withdrawal symptoms (i was waking up and my entire bed would be soaked with sweat, etc). Like i said there is nothing in this world that can get me to ever put another dip in my mouth, but i would like to feel normal after i eat a meal again at some point! Just don't feel "normal" either without a dip in.

Chris