Author Topic: Very skeptical  (Read 1278 times)

Offline Masoncowboy

• Quitter
  • Interests: Family, Masonry, woodworking, movies, and work.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Very skeptical
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2011, 04:46:00 PM »
Quote from: DeanTheCoot
Quote from: Masoncowboy
Thank you ninereasons, I am proud of you for your quit, and I am glad to be on here myself.  Stay strong with your quit, and if you ever need anything, don't hesitate to let me know!

masoncowboy - Day 7
I'm also happy to see you still up in this shit fighting the fight, Cowboy. I had you pinned for an early cave, to be honest - your "skeptical" attitude worried me. I hope this site is changing your mind, pal.

By the way... Are you a cowboy from Mason, a cowboy stonemason or a cowboy Freemason?
....or a brick laying Dallas fan?

Not quite! LOL
Quit date: February 17, 2011

Offline redyota

• Master of Quit
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2011, 04:45:00 PM »
Quote from: DeanTheCoot
Thank you ninereasons, I am proud of you for your quit, and I am glad to be on here myself.  Stay strong with your quit, and if you ever need anything, don't hesitate to let me know!

masoncowboy - Day 7
I'm also happy to see you still up in this shit fighting the fight, Cowboy. I had you pinned for an early cave, to be honest - your "skeptical" attitude worried me. I hope this site is changing your mind, pal.

By the way... Are you a cowboy from Mason, a cowboy stonemason or a cowboy Freemason?
....or a brick laying Dallas fan?
"We shall not fail or falter; we shall not weaken or tire...Give us the tools and we will finish the job." - Sir Winston Churchill

"Not using gets much easier as time goes by, but the consequences of "just one" never lessen." - Me

Offline Masoncowboy

• Quitter
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2011, 04:45:00 PM »

masoncowboy - Day 7

DeanTheCoot

Well, I did cave after 19 hours because I didn't have a plan and there was something that I couldn't have planned for. However, I corrected the problem, developed a plan and have been kicking butt ever since. Trust me, my "skeptical attitude" worried me too! LOL This site has helped tremendously, and I am thankful to have found it. I am glad to see you hanging in there as well.

By the way... I am a Cowboy Freemason

Offline DeanTheCoot

• Quitter
  • Interests: reading, eating, walking, running, fishing, Freemasonry, coffee, pussy, hunting, motorcycles, history, badminton, trees
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2011, 04:38:00 PM »
Thank you ninereasons, I am proud of you for your quit, and I am glad to be on here myself. Stay strong with your quit, and if you ever need anything, don't hesitate to let me know!

masoncowboy - Day 7

Offline Masoncowboy

• Quitter
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2011, 04:35:00 PM »
I'm proud to still be quit, and that I got to watch you post Day 7 today. You and the rest of these folks make a believer out of me.

Ninereasons - 9 days free of skepticism

Thank you ninereasons, I am proud of you for your quit, and I am glad to be on here myself. Stay strong with your quit, and if you ever need anything, don't hesitate to let me know!

masoncowboy - Day 7

Offline ninereasons

• Quitter
  • Interests: Quit
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2011, 04:29:00 PM »
I'm proud to still be quit, and that I got to watch you post Day 7 today. You and the rest of these folks make a believer out of me.

Ninereasons - 9 days free of skepticism

Offline rhester03

• Quitter
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2011, 04:16:00 AM »
Thank you to everyone who replied to my post for help. I have joined the site and joined the chat. I THINK I posted my promise and I posted roll call. I am going to kick this thing with the help of all my new friends.

Parputt, I too have been somewhat of a badass myself having been in the military. I think that the thing that has kept me from quitting to this point is as bad as I am and have been, I couldn't beat this. I think that discouraged me more then anything. I have always been able to accomplish what I set my mind to doing, but this has kicked my butt for years. I am confident now that with the hardassess that are on here, I will be able to make it.

DAY 1

There are five of us in my unit that are quitting the nic bitch from Baghdad. If we can do it, what's your excuse?

There is no denying that the military has a huge dip culture, particularly among officers. I was told once during OBC "if you want your Soldiers to respect you, let them see you put in a dip before you give your first OPORD brief and don't spit until you are done." When I reported to my first unit, my commander's first question to me was "Do you dip?" and when I said yes, he said "Good, all my Platoon Leaders should dip."

That being said, the majority of the guys in the unit that are quitting with andrew and me decided to quit and the only influence we gave was saying to them "I'm quitting, you want to join me?"

The gum, patches, etc are for qutting smoking. They are useless to dippers because we would intake significantly more nicotine in a day. If you need some help, go to the doctor and get wellbutrin or chantix to help you through the anxiety of withdrawl.

Offline Smokeyg

• Quit King
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2011, 12:52:00 AM »
Nicotine does not increase effectiveness. It's an illusion.

Offline Skoal Monster

• Quit Pro
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2011, 01:31:00 AM »
Quote from: Parputt
Thank you to everyone who replied to my post for help.  I have joined the site and joined the chat.  I THINK I posted my promise and I posted roll call.  I am going to kick this thing with the help of all my new friends.

Parputt, I too have been somewhat of a badass myself having been in the military.  I think that the thing that has kept me from quitting to this point is as bad as I am and have been, I couldn't beat this.  I think that discouraged me more then anything.  I have always been able to accomplish what I set my mind to doing, but this has kicked my butt for years.  I am confident now that with the hardassess that are on here, I will be able to make it.

DAY 1

I hear you bro. I consider those of us that have quit the badest of the bad. If you can kill the nic bitch you have really accomplished something. Remember, this is not going to be easy, but you can and will do it. Give your word every morning and keep it for that day. Don't worry about the next day, just worry about the 24hrs. in front of you.

I've seen 85 year old grandmas quit 3 pack a day habits and worry less, If you put your minds to it then yes you can do it, you just haven't really done that yet. Perhaps you believe you did, but all you gotta do is set the can down and leave it that way.

sm
"CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit. After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco."

Offline Parputt

• Quit King
  • Quit date: 1-13-2011
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2011, 01:21:00 AM »
Thank you to everyone who replied to my post for help. I have joined the site and joined the chat. I THINK I posted my promise and I posted roll call. I am going to kick this thing with the help of all my new friends.

Parputt, I too have been somewhat of a badass myself having been in the military. I think that the thing that has kept me from quitting to this point is as bad as I am and have been, I couldn't beat this. I think that discouraged me more then anything. I have always been able to accomplish what I set my mind to doing, but this has kicked my butt for years. I am confident now that with the hardassess that are on here, I will be able to make it.

DAY 1

I hear you bro. I consider those of us that have quit the badest of the bad. If you can kill the nic bitch you have really accomplished something. Remember, this is not going to be easy, but you can and will do it. Give your word every morning and keep it for that day. Don't worry about the next day, just worry about the 24hrs. in front of you.
QD:  1-13-11
HOF: 4-22-11
Sobriety date: 3-4-07

One is one too many
One more is never enough

This Is My Quit

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose ~ Dr. Seuss

Offline Masoncowboy

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2011, 01:14:00 AM »

DAY 1

Offline Parputt

• Quit King
  • Quit date: 1-13-2011
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 12:56:00 AM »
Masoncowboy, let me add my two bits to try and help you out. Before I quit I had also dipped for around 30 years and tried numerous times to quit. The main difference this time was that I WANTED to quit. If you really do not want to quit there is no program on the face of the earth that is going to help you.

What makes this "program" different? To me the main thing about Kill The Can is that it is an honor system. Being an older guy (43 in March) I was brought up by a hard assed WWII vet who said that a man is only as good as his word. So, every morning I get up and fire up my laptop. I then come to Kill The Can and give a bunch of hardasses my word that I will not dip that day. I am a man of my word and I'll be damned if I'm going to break my word.

Again, you really need to want to quit and we can help you do that, one day at a time.

Let me also add this. All my life I have thought I was somewhat of a badass myself. And I'll be damned if I am going to let a little can of worm shit get the best of me. I will kick it's ass every fucking day for the rest of my life.

'Finger' Dip

Also remember we do it NIC free here at KTC. No gum, patches, butt plugs etc.
QD:  1-13-11
HOF: 4-22-11
Sobriety date: 3-4-07

One is one too many
One more is never enough

This Is My Quit

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose ~ Dr. Seuss

Offline teaka

• Quitter
  • Interests: golf, skiing
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 12:39:00 AM »
"I want to stop, and I am willing to do whatever it takes"

Well, there you go, you said it. Its that simple (not easy). You must really want to stop and you truly must be willing to do whatever it takes.

Its going to be very hard.....but you will feel great as your body and mind slowly heal. I dipped for 20 years and nothing worked for me except this site. I don't know exactly why this site works, nor do I care. I just know I have gone 5 months without dipping and I feel great. Sign up and post roll...it works.
a strange game. the only winning move is not to play

Offline Gatortom

• Quitter
  • Interests: Hunting, fishing, running, working out
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 11:23:00 PM »
Welcome to your quit. Post roll every morning in the May group as soon as you get up. This is your promise to the group that you will not dip that day. Take it day by day. Let me know if you need anything (help posting roll, support, etc). It's going to suck for a while, but it gets better.
Quit date - 1/4/2011
HOF - 4/13/2011

Offline bryank530

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 11:22:00 PM »
SK

Patches/Gum never worked for me, it just delayed the inevitable of not quiting...Cold turkey is the only way to go, like etook says the first few days suck but it does get better...

Why let something control your life? Good luck and I hope we see you on Roll soon. If you need support it's here
Day 1: 1/24/2011 | HOF: 5/3/2011