Author Topic: Time to quit  (Read 2201 times)

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
Re: Time to quit
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2019, 05:39:40 PM »
Gum.  Lozenges.  Patches.  Vape Pipes... all made by big tobacco.

Does big tobacco have any interest in you quitting nicotine?  HAHAHAHA.  No.

The people that recommend using these "quit aids" have never quit.  They have no clue what they are talking about.

They people on this site, including me, have quit.  And we do understand.  Cold turkey is the only way.  You can pull a bandaid off that hairy nutsack of yours reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeealy slowly, in which case it is gonna make you cry like a little girl and almost certainly say... I'll just leave the bandaid on (aka weening off nicotine) or you can yank it off fast, scream and jump up and down wailing, but you'll be quit (cold turkey).

This is possible.  It isn't fun.  But the results... oh my.  So worth it.  No pain, no gain.  Time to rip off some ball hair, dude.

Offline RDB

• Quit Spartan
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date 1/22/16
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2019, 11:51:15 AM »
I have to admit that I started on nicotine gum as well. In fact, three years ago right nw I was probably chewing a piece.

I WISH I HAD GONE COLD TURKEY.

What I was doing was slowly removing a bandaid. I was pulling skin and hair and scab. Rip that bandaid off as quickly as you can. You will never regret quitting sooner. The gum just prolongs the agony.

Do me a favor and read this: https://forum.killthecan.org/index.php?topic=948.0. It's nothing but the truth.

Offline Palpatine

• Administrator
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 1.6.2016
  • Likes Given: 409
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2019, 07:17:09 PM »
I'll be 60 this month. I started chewing at about age 15. A can of Copenhagen a day minimum. Last night before bed I wrapped my can in aluminum foil as a reminder...I'm chewing as I write this. A co worker with a similar chewing history has recently quit completely by using Nicorette gum to slowly wean himself off of the chew. I guess I should do the same. One thing I've learned is that cold Turkey isn't gonna work for me.
Three things:
1.  I want you to quit this evil poisonous dead plant that kills people daily.  I want you to quit badly.  I'm here to help you (as are MANY others who have successfully quit here using this site) and I can help you each day by supporting your quit.  I'll be your accountability partner to keep you quit one day at a time. 
2.  This is a NO NICOTINE site.  None...nothing...nada.  If you want to post on this site, you gotta have it out of you.  Can't come here and chew as you post things.  That is grounds for a banning.
3.  Nicorette gum is nicotine.  This is a no nicotine site (as I said in #2 above).  This site is zero nicotine.  No vapes, patches, gums, IVs, whatever method to put nicotine into your body is not part of this program.

With that, please reread #1 above before you respond.  I'm here for you.  I'm 3 years quit TODAY...before I never went past 30 days in 22 years.  The program here works and I'm proof along with many others.  Do you want to have freedom?  Jump in!  Do it because IT IS POSSIBLE!!!  Thousands have succeeded on this FREE forum with volunteers and no payment whatsoever to anyone.  I'm here for free.  I'm here to help others quit because others before me helped me quit.  I'm an addict...so is everyone else here.  We are all addicts!!!  No cure to this.  I will be an addict until I die.  I know that...this is how I stay quit.  Each day I come here and I'm one more day quit than before.  That is one more day of FREEDOM that I get to enjoy in my life.  I'm not a slave to this dead plant in a can that I forked over $8 a day to poison myself with to get me closer to death each day.

Do it man!!!  I'm here to cheer you on!!!  I can't make you do anything...but I can help support you along with many others.  What do you say?
Good...good, let the quit flow through you!  -chewie

Offline ES

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 01-06-2019
  • Likes Given: 140
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2019, 04:32:50 PM »
Joewaguiar, yours is the first post I've found on this forum (after registering less than an hour ago) that met what I am looking for today: a post by someone who is jumping into this forum with a dip in his mouth, but ready to make the commitment to quit. I'm also chewing as I write this. I'm coming face-to-face with this decision to quit. I've thought about it several times before but have never made an active attempt. I'm 31 years old, smoked for roughly two years starting in late '08-early '09. After two years, give or take, I shifted to chewing. I'm now somewhere in the area of 9 years chewing. I know that the decision to quit has to be mine - and it is. I won't deny other factors; my dad died of pancreatic cancer 6 years ago, I work in an inherently dangerous occupation but I'm more afraid of dying from disease that I brought onto myself (though my dad never had any habit that would contribute to cancer), and - to share on this forum something that my own family and friends don't know - my wife is in early pregnancy with our first child. I want to quit for me, but I also want to quit for those I love. By joining the KTC forums, I'm hoping to find strength from people who understand the addiction.
My Intro |My HOF Speech | April 2019 The BMF'ers of Quit

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Freedom Day: 1/6/19     HOF: 4/15/19     2nd Floor: 7/24/19     3rd Floor: 11/1/19     1 Year: 1/6/20     4th Floor: 2/9/20     5th Floor: 5/19/20     6th Floor: 8/27/20     7th Floor: 12/5/20     2 Years: 1/6/21     8th Floor: 3/15/21     9th Floor: 6/23/21     10th Floor/Comma Club: 10/1/21     ODAAT Toward:     3 Years: 1/6/22

Offline Joewaguiar

• Likes Given: 0
Time to quit
« on: January 06, 2019, 11:18:01 AM »
I'll be 60 this month. I started chewing at about age 15. A can of Copenhagen a day minimum. Last night before bed I wrapped my can in aluminum foil as a reminder...I'm chewing as I write this. A co worker with a similar chewing history has recently quit completely by using Nicorette gum to slowly wean himself off of the chew. I guess I should do the same. One thing I've learned is that cold Turkey isn't gonna work for me.