Author Topic: Tonight  (Read 2613 times)

Offline mich 34

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
  • Interests: reading, hunting, fishing, above all - spending time with the wife and kids (when they are being good!!)
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Tonight
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2013, 10:39:00 PM »
Quote from: tazbutane
Quote from: JW1977
Quote from: Diesel2112
Day 06 down - what do I say?
Headache, Fog, Mouth Sores, and Crave like a Motherfucker - But that's the life of the newly quit.

I have read so many pages of this website........ I have read stories of guys that have been through hell and back, I have read tales of straight up hard ass quitters, I have read things that I so closely relate to that it sounds like my own words.....

I have thought about these things 24/7 since I quit, and the only thing that I know for sure is this:

I made it through today.
Tomorrow as soon as I wake up I am gonna post roll.
Then I am gonna do it all over again.

The April Quit Group grew exponentially last night - I will quit with all of you.
It sucks now but TRUST ME, IT DOES GET BETTER!!! Peeps used to tell me that all the time. I never fucking believed them but....they were 100% right and as usual I was a 100% WRONG.

You will not feel this way forever my friend. Think of this as a small snapshot in time where you gotta bust your balls for freedom. In the big picture you will be alive, free and enjoying life to the fullest. You will think "God Damn, that Diesel asshole was right. I feel like a million bucks now, I'm glad I quit, I should have done it earlier". If in 100 days you don't agree with me you can kick me square in the balls 10 times.
Thanks D - Sounds like a deal......I have a million things running through my head today - Some good, some bad.

I bet I have erased 20 posts today that I just typed and deleted....The New Years Eve Parade going on in April has just distracted me to the point that I am fucking worn out.

Gonna spend the rest of my day in the Words of Wisdom Section......and Im gonna stay QUIT
someone on here told me early on that you have to take what works for you and throw the rest out. Don't let the inevitable distractions and drama that occurs weaken your quit. We are all here to do the same thing, remain nic free today. Keep strong, the members of April will fluctuate for awhile. New Year resolutions and people not making the first couple days.....
Don't know how I've missed your intro the last few days. Good stuff, sounds like you're getting it, keep posting, reach out, be active here - those 3 things keep me quitting even when I wanted to give up and fail. Keep working through it, it'll get better.
my intro
QD 07-19-2012
Group - Roctober Madmen Post with some Madmen (and women)
HOF 10-27-12 HOF Speech
2nd Floor 2-4-13, 3rd Floor 5-15-13
1 year of freedom - 7-19-2013. Thank you KTC
4th Floor 8-23-13, 5th Floor 12-1-13, 6th Floor 3-11-14, 7th Floor 6-19-14, 8th Floor 9-27-14, 9th Floor 1-5-15

Offline Tazbutane

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 11/22/12
  • Likes Given: 39
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2013, 02:03:00 PM »
Headache, Fog, Mouth Sores, and Crave like a Motherfucker - But that's the life of the newly quit.

I have read so many pages of this website........ I have read stories of guys that have been through hell and back, I have read tales of straight up hard ass quitters, I have read things that I so closely relate to that it sounds like my own words.....

I have thought about these things 24/7 since I quit, and the only thing that I know for sure is this:

I made it through today.

The April Quit Group grew exponentially last night - I will quit with all of you.
It sucks now but TRUST ME, IT DOES GET BETTER!!! Peeps used to tell me that all the time. I never fucking believed them but....they were 100% right and as usual I was a 100% WRONG.

You will not feel this way forever my friend. Think of this as a small snapshot in time where you gotta bust your balls for freedom. In the big picture you will be alive, free and enjoying life to the fullest. You will think "God Damn, that Diesel asshole was right. I feel like a million bucks now, I'm glad I quit, I should have done it earlier". If in 100 days you don't agree with me you can kick me square in the balls 10 times.
Thanks D - Sounds like a deal......I have a million things running through my head today - Some good, some bad.

I bet I have erased 20 posts today that I just typed and deleted....The New Years Eve Parade going on in April has just distracted me to the point that I am fucking worn out.

Gonna spend the rest of my day in the Words of Wisdom Section......and Im gonna stay QUIT
someone on here told me early on that you have to take what works for you and throw the rest out. Don't let the inevitable distractions and drama that occurs weaken your quit. We are all here to do the same thing, remain nic free today. Keep strong, the members of April will fluctuate for awhile. New Year resolutions and people not making the first couple days.....
March 2013 - Mad Men of Quit        
Quit date: 11/22/12          
Sobriety Date: 4/10/2006         
HOF Date 03/02/2013         
Semper Fidelis

Offline JW1977

• Quitter
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2013, 01:26:00 PM »

I made it through today.

"My Balls got Bigger than my Plans for a Magical Quit."

Quit Date: 12.27.12

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2013, 12:16:00 AM »

I made it through today.

Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline JW1977

• Quitter
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2013, 12:01:00 AM »

I made it through today.

Offline Tazbutane

• Quitting MoFo
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2012, 02:47:00 PM »
Quote from: razd611
Quote from: Ready
Quote from: gmann
This is the first time I have ever quit. I have never even attempted before now....

It is hard to imagine how one could look at a website for a few days, signup, post up an intro, and then suddenly quit, But that's what I did and it feels fucking great.

Fuck you headache - I don't want painkillers, I want to feel this shit - I earned it.
Woke up last night about 5 times sweating like a mofo - Smiled and laughed, thought about a 3am roll post...
I do not have any nicotine in my system for the first time in 20 years.

If I need help, or just want to talk to someone - I have serious fucking backup

You guys that are out there thinking about it - I know what you are thinking - you're gonna get fucked up tonight and stuff that shit in your face, and at midnight the fucking new year fairy is going to give you some magical power that gives you the courage to stop - well I call bullshit......I can call bullshit because I had the same plan 4 days ago, but my balls got bigger than my plans for a magical quit - There isn't anything magical here - this shit's for real. BE QUIT, come on, I will do it with you TODAY
Nice post. Only thing dumber than first trying the stupid shit is putting off quitting for one more second.

I'll quit with you any day, sir.
You remind me of me.

I quit with you today.
'clap'
Nice, I will quit with you today jw. PM me if you need another number. Quit likes company!
HOF Date 03/02/2013         
Semper Fidelis

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2012, 01:56:00 PM »
Quote from: Ready
This is the first time I have ever quit. I have never even attempted before now....

It is hard to imagine how one could look at a website for a few days, signup, post up an intro, and then suddenly quit, But that's what I did and it feels fucking great.

Fuck you headache - I don't want painkillers, I want to feel this shit - I earned it.
Woke up last night about 5 times sweating like a mofo - Smiled and laughed, thought about a 3am roll post...

You guys that are out there thinking about it - I know what you are thinking - you're gonna get fucked up tonight and stuff that shit in your face, and at midnight the fucking new year fairy is going to give you some magical power that gives you the courage to stop - well I call bullshit......I can call bullshit because I had the same plan 4 days ago, but my balls got bigger than my plans for a magical quit - There isn't anything magical here - this shit's for real. BE QUIT, come on, I will do it with you TODAY
Nice post. Only thing dumber than first trying the stupid shit is putting off quitting for one more second.

You remind me of me.

I quit with you today.
'clap'
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2012, 01:48:00 PM »

You remind me of me.

I quit with you today.

Offline G

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2012, 11:44:00 AM »

Offline JW1977

• Quitter
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2012, 11:31:00 AM »

Offline aaronep

• Quitter
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2012, 09:30:00 PM »
Another day down - this morning when I got up I thought I was in for a long one.
Headache, stuffed up sinus, giant haze - by noon I was cleared up and cruising through the day. All in all I gotta say it wasn't too bad.
The craving is still pretty strong - She still whispers in my ear, and tempts me at every turn but I just tell the bitch sorry, I already posted roll today.
Nice job getting through today. Starting the day in a haze with a pounding headache would bring down mortals. Good thing you are carrying a bad ass quit around with you.

Offline JW1977

• Quitter
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2012, 09:13:00 PM »
Another day down - this morning when I got up I thought I was in for a long one.
Headache, stuffed up sinus, giant haze - by noon I was cleared up and cruising through the day. All in all I gotta say it wasn't too bad.
The craving is still pretty strong - She still whispers in my ear, and tempts me at every turn but I just tell the bitch sorry, I already posted roll today.

Offline loot

• BANNED
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2012, 08:28:00 PM »
Woke up, posted roll, made the kids breakfast, lots of stuff to do today. Had a pinch of smoky mountain herbal. Cruising right along, today is a good day to quit. This headache and I have become friends.
Posting roll is my protection, once it s done I know that I am good for the day - because no matter how bad the suck, I already gave my word that I will kick its ass. Boom!
Are you drinking lots of water? I found that helped with my headache, at least I think that is what helped, exercise and water. Pop is much more potent without the nicotine also, if you are a pop/coffee drinker try cutting back on that.
Had 1 cupofcoffee and then hit the water hard all day. Today was way too easy, but I am enjoying it because I am gonna start all over in the am!
Rest on the good days. Enjoy them. Brace yourself for the pounding that is sure to come. You will have an easy day from time to time....you will pay dearly for it too. Prepare. Be ready. Attack it.

Offline JW1977

• Quitter
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2012, 08:17:00 PM »
Woke up, posted roll, made the kids breakfast, lots of stuff to do today. Had a pinch of smoky mountain herbal. Cruising right along, today is a good day to quit. This headache and I have become friends.
Posting roll is my protection, once it s done I know that I am good for the day - because no matter how bad the suck, I already gave my word that I will kick its ass. Boom!
Are you drinking lots of water? I found that helped with my headache, at least I think that is what helped, exercise and water. Pop is much more potent without the nicotine also, if you are a pop/coffee drinker try cutting back on that.
Had 1 cupofcoffee and then hit the water hard all day. Today was way too easy, but I am enjoying it because I am gonna start all over in the am!

Offline Tazbutane

• Quitting MoFo
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2012, 08:13:00 PM »
HOF Date 03/02/2013         
Semper Fidelis