Author Topic: Quitter  (Read 9292 times)

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Quitter
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2013, 04:26:00 PM »
Quote from: Jungleland
Quote from: Minny
It feels like my brain is turned off today.
I had a couple weeks of the fog - it sucks - I know.

One thought about your hunting - the way I see it quitting now will likely give you more years to actually be alive and out there enjoying your hunt with family and friends - think about it.

Just take it one day at a time. That is all any of us can control - today.

All those good memories aren't because of the nicotine - they are good memories in spite of it.

I quit with you today.
Thanks for pointing this out Jake - let me do a slight re-rephrase - I quit with you today, if in fact you are quit!

Come-on Minny, you need to F'n Man up, answer the questions, and make a GD commitment to be done with this shit.

Can you do it?, or does your screen name imply the size of your quit balls? Because you're going to need a big set to say "Enough".
'bang head'
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2013, 04:24:00 PM »
Quote from: Scowick65
Quote from: jake
Quote from: LionHeartedGirl
Ok I'm an asshole so I'm gonna call Bullshit on all this!  You quit on may 17th and caved after 2 days!  No explanation on your thread or to your group, then you post a new day one on June 19th.  AND CAVE AGAIN!  Yesterday and today you post roll but give no account as to what happened?  Why it happened?  And what is going to be different this time!  You caved 2 times in less then 2 weeks, and have not respected us enough to explain anything!  I'm surprised no one in your group has called you on this bullshit!  You are a serial caver by self admission and yet you want to play in this pool and mooch support from the site but do nothing to deserve it!  Are you quit?  If so answer the three questions with honesty and do some self evaluation.  I'm surprised your group has allowed you to slide back in here with out calling you out!  I want an explanation!  If not for me for the other new guys joining the site who need to see what not to follow.  UNREAL!
Oh wow. Didn't see he caved twice. I retract my earlier support.
LHG- I wondered about your post. Seemed like he was getting a free pass from you. Thought that seemed odd with your normal words of wisdom! And Badassery!
Thanks Jake.

Dear Snowflake,

Don't take a seat in the liferaft if you are not serious about saving your life.

Love,

Sco
Looks like someone has some esplaining to do.........
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline Jungleland

• Quitter
  • Interests: Living
  • Likes Given: 14
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2013, 03:24:00 PM »

One thought about your hunting - the way I see it quitting now will likely give you more years to actually be alive and out there enjoying your hunt with family and friends - think about it.

All those good memories aren't because of the nicotine - they are good memories in spite of it.

I quit with you today.
Thanks for pointing this out Jake - let me do a slight re-rephrase - I quit with you today, if in fact you are quit!

Come-on Minny, you need to F'n Man up, answer the questions, and make a GD commitment to be done with this shit.

Can you do it?, or does your screen name imply the size of your quit balls? Because you're going to need a big set to say "Enough".

Offline JRizzle

• Quitter
  • Interests: Love cattle, economics, working out, meeting new people and experiencing new things
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2013, 03:22:00 PM »
I just sent Minny a PM. We can't be lukewarm here Minny. I'm sure October would love to have you in their group but you need to man up, answer the 3 questions both on this intro page and in the October group quit page, and promise to quit today. If you're not with us you're against us, so either start hating your addiction, quit it, and answer the questions or find another site where they're alright with flipping and flopping.

I know the first few days of a quit are very, very tough. But you've got to post consistently and answer the 3 questions. For us. For you. For everyone's accountability.
We all want progress, but if you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive.

Has tobacco been so kind to you that you should leave it with regret? There are far better things ahead than any we leave behind.

Come join us. Come be quit with us. Rather than slowly commit suicide, slowly regain your health. It might hurt at first, but it won't kill you. And once the birthing process is done you'll find yourself a free man. With friends. And health. And wealth. Come drink at the fountain of quit.

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2013, 03:18:00 PM »
Ok I'm an asshole so I'm gonna call Bullshit on all this!  You quit on may 17th and caved after 2 days!  No explanation on your thread or to your group, then you post a new day one on June 19th.  AND CAVE AGAIN!  Yesterday and today you post roll but give no account as to what happened?  Why it happened?  And what is going to be different this time!  You caved 2 times in less then 2 weeks, and have not respected us enough to explain anything!  I'm surprised no one in your group has called you on this bullshit!  You are a serial caver by self admission and yet you want to play in this pool and mooch support from the site but do nothing to deserve it!  Are you quit?  If so answer the three questions with honesty and do some self evaluation.  I'm surprised your group has allowed you to slide back in here with out calling you out!  I want an explanation!  If not for me for the other new guys joining the site who need to see what not to follow.  UNREAL!
LHG- I wondered about your post. Seemed like he was getting a free pass from you. Thought that seemed odd with your normal words of wisdom! And Badassery!
Thanks Jake.

Dear Snowflake,

Don't take a seat in the liferaft if you are not serious about saving your life.

Love,

Sco

Offline jake frawley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: I'm married to a beautiful lady. I like to lift weights and run. I play poker and win. I spend as much time riding as I can! I go to work every day and work too many hrs. I'm aggressive! And all of this makes me happy. I'm here to quit the one thing I hate about myself, my addiction to chew. It has ruled me and I wont be controlled anymore!
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2013, 03:02:00 PM »

Offline LionHeartedGirl

• Quitter
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2013, 03:01:00 PM »
Ok I'm an asshole so I'm gonna call Bullshit on all this! You quit on may 17th and caved after 2 days! No explanation on your thread or to your group, then you post a new day one on June 19th. AND CAVE AGAIN! Yesterday and today you post roll but give no account as to what happened? Why it happened? And what is going to be different this time! You caved 2 times in less then 2 weeks, and have not respected us enough to explain anything! I'm surprised no one in your group has called you on this bullshit! You are a serial caver by self admission and yet you want to play in this pool and mooch support from the site but do nothing to deserve it! Are you quit? If so answer the three questions with honesty and do some self evaluation. I'm surprised your group has allowed you to slide back in here with out calling you out! I want an explanation! If not for me for the other new guys joining the site who need to see what not to follow. UNREAL!
QUIT LIKE A GIRL!

Quit Date: 5/23/13
HOF: 8/30/13

Offline jake frawley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: I'm married to a beautiful lady. I like to lift weights and run. I play poker and win. I spend as much time riding as I can! I go to work every day and work too many hrs. I'm aggressive! And all of this makes me happy. I'm here to quit the one thing I hate about myself, my addiction to chew. It has ruled me and I wont be controlled anymore!
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2013, 02:57:00 PM »
Ok I'm an asshole so I'm gonna call Bullshit on all this! You quit on may 17th and caved after 2 days! No explanation on your thread or to your group, then you post a new day one on June 19th. AND CAVE AGAIN! Yesterday and today you post roll but give no account as to what happened? Why it happened? And what is going to be different this time! You caved 2 times in less then 2 weeks, and have not respected us enough to explain anything! I'm surprised no one in your group has called you on this bullshit! You are a serial caver by self admission and yet you want to play in this pool and mooch support from the site but do nothing to deserve it! Are you quit? If so answer the three questions with honesty and do some self evaluation. I'm surprised your group has allowed you to slide back in here with out calling you out! I want an explanation! If not for me for the other new guys joining the site who need to see what not to follow. UNREAL!

Offline Jungleland

• Quitter
  • Interests: Living
  • Likes Given: 14
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2013, 02:14:00 PM »

I quit with you today.

Offline Minny

• Quitter
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2013, 01:34:00 PM »
Quit Date 7/12/13
HOF Date 10/19/13

My HOF Speech

Offline kkljinc

• Quitter
  • Interests: I love to workout, RUN, and Weights. Hunter and a Fisherman. Golf is my passion.Wife and kids keep me busy.
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2013, 01:27:00 PM »
Day 4.

You assholes are very helpful. Yesterday was a big test for a serial caver like me.

No nic today.
Stay after it, this is not rocket science. Promise, honor promise, promise again tomorrow.

Offline LionHeartedGirl

• Quitter
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2013, 12:42:00 PM »
Day 4.

You assholes are very helpful. Yesterday was a big test for a serial caver like me.

No nic today.
We try! :D

One day at a time! Good to be quit with you today.
QUIT LIKE A GIRL!

Quit Date: 5/23/13
HOF: 8/30/13

Offline Minny

• Quitter
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2013, 12:24:00 PM »
Day 4.

No nic today.
Quit Date 7/12/13
HOF Date 10/19/13

My HOF Speech

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 710
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2013, 05:44:00 PM »
The only thing nicotine enhances is YOUR addiction to nicotine.

You ready to say enough is enough? Then do it; otherwise, stop wasting my and everyone else's time here.
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45 46

Assurance

Offline Dougie

• Quitter
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2013, 04:16:00 PM »
Quote from: JRizzle
I had my first smoke when I was 13, my first chew the next day, and I never looked back.

I quit for the hundredth time on May 10th, but have cheated on my quit a few times. I tell myself that it's okay because it's "only a Bandit" and that I've earned it. The ridiculous thing is that I know what a lie that is. I've been chewing for twenty years. I can't believe that's true.

I've literally thrown away dozens of full tins, brand spanking new minus one chew. My brain tricks me into rationalizing "just one chew" or "just one more tin" and the guilt/regret sets in as soon as the urge is satisfied.

The ridiculous thing is that me and my family avoid so many things (foods, detergents, artificial sweetener, fertilizer, etc.) that are known carcinogens, but here I am chewing my face off.

I hypocritically nag on my mother to quit smoking.

My biggest thing, as ridiculous as it sounds, is that I don't want to give up chew on my annual duck hunt with my pals. 5am, duck blind, coffee, load the gun, put in a fat chew: that's heaven. The problem is, I've tried that before and failed. As soon as the trip is over, I finish off the remainder of the tin or trick myself that I am weaning off (again) and that one more tin won't hurt. Next thing you know, another year has past and I go INTO the annual duck hunt a total addict.

I even imposed a rule that I would only chew if I was hunting. Well, wouldn't you know it: I started hunting a lot more often.

Anyway, technically I'm on day 3 and I feel like shit. Last night I had a dream that I was buying a tin. I feel hungover.

I'm quitting because it's not worth it, because my wife hates it, because I'm sick of being moody, because I love my daughter, because I don't want to be a hypocrite, because I know better, because I don't want to lose a part of my face, because I like my teeth, and because I don't like the idea of being an addict. Which I am.

I'm not going to lie, though. I love chew. I still doubt my ability or willingness to not chew in the duck blind, one week a year.

You didn't quit on May 10th. You didn't quit this last weekend. You haven't quit at all. You're pissing around thinking about quitting like a kid masturbates while thinking about sex. It's not going to happen Minny, not until you want to quit. Not until you get the duck hunting and your "love" of chew out of your mind. I'm not seeing the desire here.

Think long and hard (that's what she said) about whether you really want this. If you do, answer the 3 questions. Otherwise, don't come back unless you're serious.
I dont see that you have convinced yourself that you want to quit- "I like my teeth and my wife" aren't good enough reasons to keep the Nic Bitch at bay. Think about it, try to find the truth in yourself and your supposed love for chew/dip whatever the fuck you want to call it. Until you can see that you are not a man in control of his life then you will always be a puppet to nicotine.

Stay Quit - Quit Everyday