Author Topic: Quitter  (Read 9276 times)

Offline Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Quitter
« Reply #210 on: April 24, 2014, 01:14:00 PM »
Right on Minny I'm with you. I remember when my parents found out I was dipping. A little bit of, "That stuff is no good for you" followed by acceptance. I remember storing dip in my parents freezer when I was a high schooler....anybody remember that craze? I am definitely planning on extending my quit on to all of my kids. Quit with you today.

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #209 on: April 24, 2014, 10:20:00 AM »
Quote from: Minny
Those that know me know that I don't like the idea of "Never Again For Any Reason". For starters, "never again" means forever, and forever is a hard concept to grasp the same way it is impossible to imagine infinity. I also think that NAFAR is the wrong approach for newbies. In the first few days of quit an hour can be long enough let alone a day. The pressure of forever can be too much. I rolled with One Day At A Time and Not Today For Any Reason. After all the only way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time.

Anyway, I'm getting closer to a NAFAR attitude. Why? I never, ever want my kids to touch it.

Never.

I want them to see tobacco for what it is: a highly addictive, life-shortening, expensive, idiotic and selfish drug that is used to generate billions in profits for large corporations through the exploitation and intentional deception of people that have one thing in common: they each only get to be on this earth once.
I hear exactly what you're saying. And it will be nice when you can confidently say "NAFAR", and know truly deep down that it is simply the way it is going to be. And raising children who don't succumb to the evil of tobacco will be extremely gratifying as well. That will be a whole separate fight in itself especially with the way the world is now. We must not let our children fall into this trap. I quit with you Minny.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #208 on: April 24, 2014, 10:19:00 AM »
Those that know me know that I don't like the idea of "Never Again For Any Reason". For starters, "never again" means forever, and forever is a hard concept to grasp the same way it is impossible to imagine infinity. I also think that NAFAR is the wrong approach for newbies. In the first few days of quit an hour can be long enough let alone a day. The pressure of forever can be too much. I rolled with One Day At A Time and Not Today For Any Reason. After all the only way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time.

Anyway, I'm getting closer to a NAFAR attitude. Why? I never, ever want my kids to touch it.

Never.

I want them to see tobacco for what it is: a highly addictive, life-shortening, expensive, idiotic and selfish drug that is used to generate billions in profits for large corporations through the exploitation and intentional deception of people that have one thing in common: they each only get to be on this earth once.
Funny how I am at a similar place, finally getting it in my head that this shit is a life sucking leach and Never means my boys never try or touch the shit.

x2 Minny!
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline Minny

• Quitter
« Reply #207 on: April 24, 2014, 10:10:00 AM »

Never.

Quit Date 7/12/13
HOF Date 10/19/13

My HOF Speech

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #206 on: March 26, 2014, 12:02:00 PM »
Quote from: Pinched
Quote from: derk40
Quote from: brettlees
Quote from: rdad
Quote from: SAM83
I work in an office building and dipping is both outlawed and completely faux pas. This morning I took a shit in the men's room when someone came in and sat down in the stall next to me. Then I heard the familiar sound of opening a can of dip. Opened and closed in five seconds; the moves of a seasoned pro ninja dipper. Then, complete silence. I finished my business and left, but I'm keeping an eye out for the shoes of the ninja dipper and am going to help him find ktc.

How pathetic is it to spend 15 minutes on a PUBLIC toilet all to "enjoy" a dip? It's so fucking disgusting I can't get my head around it... except that I can, because I've been there. In fact, I've done worse. Digging around in the trash, for starters... skipping out on a Saturday w/ my family to run a phantom chore, bailing on professional gatherings, driving alone when it made no sense, sitting on the john at home for too long... all to serve an addiction that I knew could very likely kill me.

+1 with you badasses today. Quitting is hard, but this freedom is fanfreakingtastic.
Pay it forward! Excellent!
Right on Minny! Yeah, I wasted a lot of time pursuing my fix. Its pretty damned funny thinking back on it. I never thought about it when I was using, but seeing people I know that still dip and how everything they do revolves around that next fix, makes me so thankful that we have closed the door on that pathetic chapter in our lives. +1 with you Bro!
So true how ridiculous it looks now. And I'm so glad to be done with it. I still have some degree of denial that i did all that but when I read it here, like in your description, i wonder how many times I was that guy. Quit on and thanks for posting!
The nic B drove us to do some crazy and weird shit in order to stay under her spell. Funny how that story unfortunately hits home and I'm glad that is in my rear view.

This is the type of stuff we all need to remember. Do you want to go back to being "that" guy? I sure as hell don't. This post has assured I will be quit all day long.

Thanks brother Minny! Quit on.
Well put Minny!

P.S. I am so glad I was never a ninja dipper, putting in a lip in a bathroom stall just made me throw up in my mouth a little.
I just love KTC! Today I am full of nerves for no reason. My heart is beating fast. The same feeling I had in Jr. High when I was scheduled to fight someone after school.

The fights were never as bad as the anticipation. Those nerves I had and I am feeling them today. Alcohol and nicotine, especially with my wife flying out this morning sneaked into my mind.

I come to KTC, post roll and the nerves go down and I remember to promise and only worry about today. I read some intro's and I am not alone...there is comfort in knowing that I am feeling and experience what others here are and they fight.

I am fighting now. Come what may....I am quit today.
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #205 on: March 26, 2014, 11:01:00 AM »
Quote from: derk40
I work in an office building and dipping is both outlawed and completely faux pas. This morning I took a shit in the men's room when someone came in and sat down in the stall next to me. Then I heard the familiar sound of opening a can of dip. Opened and closed in five seconds; the moves of a seasoned pro ninja dipper. Then, complete silence. I finished my business and left, but I'm keeping an eye out for the shoes of the ninja dipper and am going to help him find ktc.

How pathetic is it to spend 15 minutes on a PUBLIC toilet all to "enjoy" a dip? It's so fucking disgusting I can't get my head around it... except that I can, because I've been there. In fact, I've done worse. Digging around in the trash, for starters... skipping out on a Saturday w/ my family to run a phantom chore, bailing on professional gatherings, driving alone when it made no sense, sitting on the john at home for too long... all to serve an addiction that I knew could very likely kill me.

+1 with you badasses today. Quitting is hard, but this freedom is fanfreakingtastic.
Right on Minny! Yeah, I wasted a lot of time pursuing my fix. Its pretty damned funny thinking back on it. I never thought about it when I was using, but seeing people I know that still dip and how everything they do revolves around that next fix, makes me so thankful that we have closed the door on that pathetic chapter in our lives. +1 with you Bro!
So true how ridiculous it looks now. And I'm so glad to be done with it. I still have some degree of denial that i did all that but when I read it here, like in your description, i wonder how many times I was that guy. Quit on and thanks for posting!
The nic B drove us to do some crazy and weird shit in order to stay under her spell. Funny how that story unfortunately hits home and I'm glad that is in my rear view.

This is the type of stuff we all need to remember. Do you want to go back to being "that" guy? I sure as hell don't. This post has assured I will be quit all day long.

Well put Minny!

P.S. I am so glad I was never a ninja dipper, putting in a lip in a bathroom stall just made me throw up in my mouth a little.
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #204 on: March 25, 2014, 06:00:00 PM »

Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #203 on: March 25, 2014, 05:36:00 PM »

This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #202 on: March 25, 2014, 04:35:00 PM »

Offline SAM83

• Quit Pro
  • A failure to plan is a plan to fail!
  • Quit Date: 1/6/2014
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Camping, Motorcycle Touring, White Water Sports, Cooking/Grilling/Smoking (Food), Anything Outdoors and Go Steelers!
  • Likes Given: 232
« Reply #201 on: March 25, 2014, 10:59:00 AM »

Offline Minny

• Quitter
« Reply #200 on: March 25, 2014, 10:55:00 AM »

Quit Date 7/12/13
HOF Date 10/19/13

My HOF Speech

Offline ParadigmDawg

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mountain BikingRoad BikingHome Audio
« Reply #199 on: February 14, 2014, 09:47:00 AM »
Last night I had the most realistic cave dream so far. It was one of those dreams where you acknowledge a fact but don't witness it happening, i.e. I knew that I had caved but I didn't actually cave in my dream. So I'm sitting in my car having a f'ing breakdown - damn near suffocating under the weight of being disappointed in myself. Then it was there: a tin of Grizzly Wintergreen, in my hand.

Fuck it, I thought to myself, I've already had just one. I'll quit again tomorrow. WOW, I'm STILL an addict, I thought, recognizing my "just one" addict speak. But I still plowed ahead, opened the can and took a big fat chew. The smell was impossibly real. Did anyone else used to shudder when they smelled a freshly opened can of Wintergreen? It burned, juices flowed. Suddenly my wife was sitting next to me and just looking at me like I was a loser. Then I woke up and it took me minutes to figure out if it was real or not.

I really hate cave dreams.
Just for the record, you are a loser but you are also one hell of a quitter.

I have had a few crazy real dip dreams lately. Other than that, I don't really think about dip at all.
Oh little worm-dirt...you are so scary...F' OFF...!!!

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #198 on: February 14, 2014, 09:29:00 AM »
Quote from: Sapper
Last night I had the most realistic cave dream so far. It was one of those dreams where you acknowledge a fact but don't witness it happening, i.e. I knew that I had caved but I didn't actually cave in my dream. So I'm sitting in my car having a f'ing breakdown - damn near suffocating under the weight of being disappointed in myself. Then it was there: a tin of Grizzly Wintergreen, in my hand.

Fuck it, I thought to myself, I've already had just one. I'll quit again tomorrow. WOW, I'm STILL an addict, I thought, recognizing my "just one" addict speak. But I still plowed ahead, opened the can and took a big fat chew. The smell was impossibly real. Did anyone else used to shudder when they smelled a freshly opened can of Wintergreen? It burned, juices flowed. Suddenly my wife was sitting next to me and just looking at me like I was a loser.  Then I woke up and it took me minutes to figure out if it was real or not.

Damn, that just made me feel guilty and worthless, the imagery was so vividly real just reading it, I felt like I caved.

Good job on your 200, good job on not caving, and thanks for your example.

And thank god it was all just a dream, right.
Dip dreams are part of our re-wiring. As addicts we abused our brains with the nictotine. As quitters, we are regaining our Freedom, ODAAT.
It gets much better.
Quit on!
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline Sap

• Quitter
« Reply #197 on: February 14, 2014, 09:26:00 AM »

Fuck it, I thought to myself, I've already had just one. I'll quit again tomorrow. WOW, I'm STILL an addict, I thought, recognizing my "just one" addict speak. But I still plowed ahead, opened the can and took a big fat chew. The smell was impossibly real. Did anyone else used to shudder when they smelled a freshly opened can of Wintergreen? It burned, juices flowed. Suddenly my wife was sitting next to me and just looking at me like I was a loser. Then I woke up and it took me minutes to figure out if it was real or not.

Damn, that just made me feel guilty and worthless, the imagery was so vividly real just reading it, I felt like I caved.

Good job on your 200, good job on not caving, and thanks for your example.

And thank god it was all just a dream, right.
If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic? - Sam Harris

What the hell is a meatless, cheeseless pizza? Isn't that a breadstick? Doc Chewfree

Offline Minny

• Quitter
« Reply #196 on: February 14, 2014, 09:22:00 AM »

Quit Date 7/12/13
HOF Date 10/19/13

My HOF Speech