Author Topic: Quitter  (Read 9277 times)

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Quitter
« Reply #195 on: January 27, 2014, 12:29:00 PM »
Nice job on 200! You are a heck of a quitter! NTFAR! Quit on bro!
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #194 on: January 27, 2014, 12:25:00 PM »
Quote from: Minny
In other news, I caved to avatar envy and hope you enjoy my new one.
I absolutely love this comment "Avatar Envy" 'drool'
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline duathman

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 6-5-2013
  • Interests: Running, cycling
  • Likes Given: 216
« Reply #193 on: January 27, 2014, 11:51:00 AM »
Day 200 - Ramblings
Wow, I can't believe how quickly the 2nd hundred days went by. It seems like years ago that I was clawing my way through the first week, one day at a time. I still have dip dreams and I still have cravings, though the cravings are fewer than the dreams. I had a steady craving all day yesterday and just wanted to leave the house. I was antsy all day and a bit short with Mrs Minny - it took me a few hours to recognize that I was having a craving! Anyway, the good news is that the cravings are few and far between and the Quit Life is better than I could have ever imagined.

Also, I am considering moving my family to Nashville. If any of "y'all" have any experience with that town I'd certainly appreciate some feedback/tips.

See you on the third floor.
Ok that took me 30 minutes to read. Thanks for the new avatar. Congrats on 200!!!!

Nashville is a very nice city. Closer to a meet up as I am 4 hours south of there. Good luck to you and the other Minnys on that big decision.

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #192 on: January 27, 2014, 11:48:00 AM »
Day 200 - Ramblings
Wow, I can't believe how quickly the 2nd hundred days went by. It seems like years ago that I was clawing my way through the first week, one day at a time. I still have dip dreams and I still have cravings, though the cravings are fewer than the dreams. I had a steady craving all day yesterday and just wanted to leave the house. I was antsy all day and a bit short with Mrs Minny - it took me a few hours to recognize that I was having a craving! Anyway, the good news is that the cravings are few and far between and the Quit Life is better than I could have ever imagined.

Also, I am considering moving my family to Nashville. If any of "y'all" have any experience with that town I'd certainly appreciate some feedback/tips.

Nice job Minny strong work. Yes sometimes our behavior is difficult to identify it is just surfacing because we are craving. Nice catch self awareness is key. Also where did you find the AV of my girl...hahaa. Why Nashville Minny you gonna cut some tracks?
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline Minny

• Quitter
« Reply #191 on: January 27, 2014, 11:30:00 AM »
Day 200 - Ramblings

Quit Date 7/12/13
HOF Date 10/19/13

My HOF Speech

Offline ParadigmDawg

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mountain BikingRoad BikingHome Audio
« Reply #190 on: November 12, 2013, 04:57:00 PM »
Great job Brody.

I have a picture, on my phone from last weekend, of one of my buddies sticking a Cope pouch in my ear.

It came about when my wife and I were having drinks at a sport's bar and we ran into a couple of my buddies. After an hour or so I noticed that neither one of them were dipping. I asked what was up and they said that my wife had told them that I quit and please don't dip around me.

I just laughed and told them they could dip around me so they taunted me a little trying to tempt me but quickly gave up when they saw I wouldn't budge.

At one point I had a pouch pretty darn close to my ear but maybe not quite in it. My wife got a picture, my buddies got a laugh and I got resolve in the fact that it didn't bother me one way or the other.

You are one of 28% in our group that hit HOF. Think about how difficult that was and what an accomplishment you have made
Oh little worm-dirt...you are so scary...F' OFF...!!!

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #189 on: November 12, 2013, 04:03:00 PM »
Congrats Minny, you like many of us have learned that life with happen and circumstances won't change and that there is always an easy way to cave.

First we were Ducks now we are Quitters. We are still addicts and will remain one ill though decision away from being back in the suck. However, not today because I made my promise to my faithful Duck Fip brothers that I QUIT!

Glad to be with you for over 120 days brother.

Pinched
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline Minny

• Quitter
« Reply #188 on: November 12, 2013, 03:58:00 PM »
Day 124
This is a rambling bit, but I wanted to share.
I have to admit that I'm surprised to be here at 124 days since my last iota of nicotine. I clearly remember how utterly impossible it seemed to be nic free, especially during moments that qualified as "special occasions". Sitting in a duck blind sans dip was quite literally inconceivable. After all, I had never done it before. The same goes for so many things in my life, from mowing the lawn to traveling for business. I was scared to face tempting circumstances when I quit. I was scared that I would cave (like so many times before) and that I would have to live with that guilt and shame. I refused, however, to avoid situations that would truly test my resolve. The more I looked at my life, I realized that I am completely surrounded by addicts. A bummed pinch is always within twenty steps of my office, an arm's reach in the duck blind, etc. I was either going to have to find a new job and new friends, or quit in the face of constant temptation.

What I found was that conquering each tempting situation gave me confidence and my quit started to gather momentum. Beers with dipping buddies, golf with dippers, road trips, bachelor parties, fine cigars with close friends on celebratory nights, cigars with my father in law, hostiing an event in a cigar club, hunting, fishing, clay shooting, yard work... Every nic dragon slayed made me stronger. After one particularly harrowing trip (bachelor party with over a dozen dippers) I realized that had found my groove and could conquer any tempting situation. Except I still have thoughts of "just one"...

I went goose hunting on Sunday with some friends that dip and it didn't even cross my mind until I realized that it was the first time I'd been in a layout/coffin blind without having to negotiate a way to spit. That was a nice first. I smiled and thought, "none today for any reason". My point, New Quitters, is that KTC can help you undo years of hard-wired habits in a (relative to the thousands of days you've chewed) very short time span. Before you know it, you won't even think of dip and when you do the thought of returning to a life of slavery will be inconceivable.
Quit Date 7/12/13
HOF Date 10/19/13

My HOF Speech

Offline CaliforniaSlim

• Quitter
« Reply #187 on: October 21, 2013, 04:45:00 PM »
Quote from: duathman
Meant to do this the other day on your 100!!

Grab those blankets that we picked up in South Dakota because we are headed to the land of the gophers, Minneapolis, MN (or is that Montana?) to pick up minny. This married man of 1 miny minny is planning to post roll, eat some steak and drink some scotch on his day 100. Since minny is in the 401k industry I would say that he has already done one of those things and still needs to post roll and eat some steak. Minny's avatar kinda leaves up for for grabs on what he enjoys doing, but if you don't know he likes to hop into his '05 Honda (civic?) and hunt some ducks.

Minny started using at age 13 and went through quite a few brands before coming to the brand of quit. Once on the train Minny is bringing "Surly Furious" (help here?) and any of the mods would do if there was an accident. Minny loves to do inappropriate things but is not indulging us with what he and Mrs. Minny did cause she would "kill" him if he told. Uh, you can PM me and no one will know I promise!

This quitter is most definitely signing up for 200 and has this for words of wisdom, "Stress is the biggest bullshit excuse for using nicotine. Life is stressful and nicotine doesn't solve anything. Caving is a choice." Great mindset Minny!! Kubrick and OIB have the best avatars according to Minny, although just about everybody on the train has said the ones and were unable to remember whose they were. Glad this mystery is solved. Minny knows the sluts and duck fippers scare the bajesus out of him and keep him in line. As far as inspiring to Minny is Scowick, Erussell and Lionheartedgirl. He would like to thank, "In no particular order: Derk, Duathman, Gorilla, Srans, Trauma, Sco, Evil, 30isEnuff, FuFutheSnu, It'sGot2Happen, B-Lo Matt, CaliforniaSlim, Paradigm Dawg. Through insight, candor,  encouragement, they helped me find my quit."

Grab another scotch and take seat Minny. You most definitely deserve your place on this train. Well done brother!!!!
Congrats Minny,
You are inspired and inspiring. Proud to be quit with you brother.

Offline duathman

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 6-5-2013
  • Interests: Running, cycling
  • Likes Given: 216
« Reply #186 on: October 21, 2013, 03:47:00 PM »
Meant to do this the other day on your 100!!

Grab those blankets that we picked up in South Dakota because we are headed to the land of the gophers, Minneapolis, MN (or is that Montana?) to pick up minny. This married man of 1 miny minny is planning to post roll, eat some steak and drink some scotch on his day 100. Since minny is in the 401k industry I would say that he has already done one of those things and still needs to post roll and eat some steak. Minny's avatar kinda leaves up for for grabs on what he enjoys doing, but if you don't know he likes to hop into his '05 Honda (civic?) and hunt some ducks.

Minny started using at age 13 and went through quite a few brands before coming to the brand of quit. Once on the train Minny is bringing "Surly Furious" (help here?) and any of the mods would do if there was an accident. Minny loves to do inappropriate things but is not indulging us with what he and Mrs. Minny did cause she would "kill" him if he told. Uh, you can PM me and no one will know I promise!

This quitter is most definitely signing up for 200 and has this for words of wisdom, "Stress is the biggest bullshit excuse for using nicotine. Life is stressful and nicotine doesn't solve anything. Caving is a choice." Great mindset Minny!! Kubrick and OIB have the best avatars according to Minny, although just about everybody on the train has said the ones and were unable to remember whose they were. Glad this mystery is solved. Minny knows the sluts and duck fippers scare the bajesus out of him and keep him in line. As far as inspiring to Minny is Scowick, Erussell and Lionheartedgirl. He would like to thank, "In no particular order: Derk, Duathman, Gorilla, Srans, Trauma, Sco, Evil, 30isEnuff, FuFutheSnu, It'sGot2Happen, B-Lo Matt, CaliforniaSlim, Paradigm Dawg. Through insight, candor,  encouragement, they helped me find my quit."

Grab another scotch and take seat Minny. You most definitely deserve your place on this train. Well done brother!!!!

Offline LionHeartedGirl

• Quitter
« Reply #185 on: October 20, 2013, 01:44:00 PM »
Quote from: derk40
Congrats on 100 days of freedom brother!  Proud to be quit with you today!
Thanks, all! The quit life is GOOD. I'm very grateful for your support. For whatever reason it took me longer than most to find the second gear of my quit.

From roll call yesterday: "As far as inspiring to Minny is Scowick, Erussell and Lionheartedgirl. He would like to thank, "In no particular order: Derk, Duathman, Gorilla, Srans, Trauma, Sco, Evil, 30isEnuff, FuFutheSnu, It'sGot2Happen, B-Lo Matt, CaliforniaSlim, Paradigm Dawg. Through insight, candor,  encouragement, they helped me find my quit."

+1
Minny, Big Congrats on 100 days!

I'm really honored to have been any part of your quit. This really touched me. I've been missing the "giving back" part of quitting... might be time for me to jump in a little more again.
QUIT LIKE A GIRL!

Quit Date: 5/23/13
HOF: 8/30/13

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
« Reply #184 on: October 20, 2013, 01:23:00 PM »
Congrats on 100 days of freedom brother!  Proud to be quit with you today!
Thanks, all! The quit life is GOOD. I'm very grateful for your support. For whatever reason it took me longer than most to find the second gear of my quit.

From roll call yesterday: "As far as inspiring to Minny is Scowick, Erussell and Lionheartedgirl. He would like to thank, "In no particular order: Derk, Duathman, Gorilla, Srans, Trauma, Sco, Evil, 30isEnuff, FuFutheSnu, It'sGot2Happen, B-Lo Matt, CaliforniaSlim, Paradigm Dawg. Through insight, candor,  encouragement, they helped me find my quit."

+1
You are most welcome Minny. Congrats on the milestone buddy. I had high hopes for you. I was pretty sure you had it in you, but you did have me nervous with those big cigar fantasies. The bitch is the bitch, cigars, dip, electronic, whatever. It is all a lure to get you back. Addiction is a bitch, always lurking. Looking for a quit to steal. Keep your guard up Minny. Use the tools. Proud to be quit with you. Never again for any reason.

Ryan

Offline Minny

• Quitter
« Reply #183 on: October 20, 2013, 12:31:00 PM »
Congrats on 100 days of freedom brother! Proud to be quit with you today!

+1
Quit Date 7/12/13
HOF Date 10/19/13

My HOF Speech

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
« Reply #182 on: October 19, 2013, 11:03:00 PM »
Quote from: B-loMatt
Quote from: CaliforniaSlim
Quote from: FIGHTIN-IGNORANCE
Dear badass quitter and empathizing supporters,

Thank you for the PMs, roll call nods, texts, intros posts, and for telling me like it is. There are so many solid people on here. You all rock.

My quit is as strong as ever and I don't see it happening without you all.

I humbly quit with you today.

Minny

Newbies: Stress is not an excuse to cave. Any stress you are feeling can be trumped by dozens of KTC quitters. Alcohol isn't a reason to cave. Thousands of KTC quitters know to either abstain or control it whilst protecting their quit. No special situation is a reason to cave.

There's only one explanation for caving: choosing to cave.

So, next time you think about rationalizing that tobacco fix, think about the guys who are struggling to get by, the guys that just read a Dear John letter, the guys that are in a custody battle, the guys that are bracing for or just attended a funeral, and on and on.

Screaming kids? Mortgage payment? Fighting with the wife? Family member is sick? Drunk with your buddies?

Welcome to LIFE.  There are no special butterflies (Scowick).
That's right..no special butterflies! So glad you are a DUCK! Accepting there is no excuse for using and remembering 1 problem + Nic= 2 problems makes resisting easier. You realize, the weed is always full of turtle droppings. haha

Quit with you Minny!

QUACK! QUACK!
Minny, You got your quit in great shape and that is inspiring. You took a lot of heat, owned it, and came out swinging this final round. I see others flying off to hide int the garden of special butterflies under the same heat.
Proud of you and it is great to be quit with you today.
Great stuff, true stuff! Proud of you Minny. Took your lumps and then made your own decision, and now you are killing it! Gonna be telling newbs to read your intro thread for sure.
I agree with these guys up ^^^^^^. You are a guy that is locked on this quit thing. You know what it takes to stay quit  you are executing your plan. I am seeing you get pretty active on the site  your knowledge helps quitters! Keep battling! Quit with you today brother!
Good job Minny.
"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: August 20, 2013
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #181 on: October 19, 2013, 09:44:00 PM »
100 days? HoF? Congrats! Awesome work to get there for sure!