Author Topic: writers block  (Read 5884 times)

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: writers block
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2013, 12:27:00 PM »
Quote from: CBird65
Quote from: traumagnet
Gorilla1,

NOT SO FAST

What happened?

Why did it happen?

What are you going to do different?

Sorry dude cost of admission you don't get to bump and run.

You have splaining to do before this gets any better for you.  You have obviously tried it your way several times and has not worked.  I am glad you want to stop but do you want to quit?  NO MORE STOPS sack up.
Serial caving going on - exactly how many times does it take??

Jan 13

Oct 13

you gonna give it another 'try' this time or put on your big boy pants and frickin drink the Kool-Aid.

Post roll every damn day and own this shit or GTFO
It looks to me like you actually logged in oct 2012 for the first time. Man,, you don't want to quit. Stop wasting cyber space.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 710
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2013, 10:56:00 AM »
Quote from: traumagnet
Gorilla1,

NOT SO FAST

What happened?

Why did it happen?

You have splaining to do before this gets any better for you. You have obviously tried it your way several times and has not worked. I am glad you want to stop but do you want to quit? NO MORE STOPS sack up.
Serial caving going on - exactly how many times does it take??

Jan 13

Oct 13

you gonna give it another 'try' this time or put on your big boy pants and frickin drink the Kool-Aid.

Post roll every damn day and own this shit or GTFO
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45 46

Assurance

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2013, 10:50:00 AM »
Gorilla1,

NOT SO FAST

What happened?

Why did it happen?

You have splaining to do before this gets any better for you. You have obviously tried it your way several times and has not worked. I am glad you want to stop but do you want to quit? NO MORE STOPS sack up.
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline CaliforniaSlim

• Quitter
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2013, 04:00:00 PM »
Quote from: srans
Quote from: gorilla1
Feeling like I'm bobbing around on the open sea right now without a lot of direction. I feel kinda lost. The physical shit is gone and I'm no longer in the fog, but my mind won't stop chewing on me. Damn. I'm quit and I'm resolved to stay that way for today...
Good job gorilla. Your darn right, your bobbing in the sea. You jumped in the ocean of quit. Lot of us are swimming with you. It's a lot better than being on land in Canville. I was tired of the rules there. Costed me 1000,s and never gave me anything but high blood pressure.

I like where I'm at right now. My blood pressure is down. I can go to the store and buy 5 bucks of whatever i want. I like bobbing up and down with my freedom and integrity. Let's keep swimming bro. The water is nice.
I am only on day 11 of quit, but it seems to me that as long as you can step back from your brain and recognize that it is playing games, as you have, it is easier. I get a perverse kind of joy from watching my "chew brain" try to attack my resolve. It is empowering to hear the caged killer pleading to get out but seeing what it is doing and leaving it in there to wither and die.

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2013, 08:50:00 AM »
Feeling like I'm bobbing around on the open sea right now without a lot of direction. I feel kinda lost. The physical shit is gone and I'm no longer in the fog, but my mind won't stop chewing on me. Damn. I'm quit and I'm resolved to stay that way for today...
Good job gorilla. Your darn right, your bobbing in the sea. You jumped in the ocean of quit. Lot of us are swimming with you. It's a lot better than being on land in Canville. I was tired of the rules there. Costed me 1000,s and never gave me anything but high blood pressure.

I like where I'm at right now. My blood pressure is down. I can go to the store and buy 5 bucks of whatever i want. I like bobbing up and down with my freedom and integrity. Let's keep swimming bro. The water is nice.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline gorilla1

• Quitter
  • Interests: Not dipping. Always looking how to be a better father. Trees, gardening, writing.
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2013, 08:32:00 AM »

Offline gorilla1

• Quitter
  • Interests: Not dipping. Always looking how to be a better father. Trees, gardening, writing.
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2013, 08:23:00 AM »
Thanks wt. Posted roll today. Early as you suggested. I am committed and quit today.

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2013, 01:46:00 AM »
What happened?

Why did it happen?

Explain yourself and post it in Oct 13 and Jan 13 who you turned your back on!

I lost touch with this site. I stopped posting roll call and stopped reaching out to some folks who were good enough to lend me their support. I thought I had it licked. I thought I could roll on my own. And frankly I didn't care for some of things I read here. I judged some of you. It was bullshit lies to keep me separate and different and special. I'm not. I'm sorry for that and the truth is that folks here know how to STAY quit and I don't. I believed the lie. The lie that I was different. The lie that I could have just one. The lie that I had control over what I was doing. I lost control over that shit a long time ago and it's never coming back. Even before I took that first dip this last time I had lost control. I gave it up. I didn't own my quit and wasn't serious about it. That's why I'm back. I'm serious about quitting. I will read and listen and stay quit from that black dog shit that wants me dead. I'm asking for numbers and getting in touch with a few dudes already. As for my Jan13 Jackwaggins, I"m sorry I deserted you all and let you down. For all those coming after in Oct13 I won't do that again. Quit.
I lost touch with this site. I stopped posting roll call and stopped reaching out to some folks who were good enough to lend me their support. I thought I had it licked. I thought I could roll on my own. And frankly I didn't care for some of things I read here. I judged some of you. It was bullshit lies to keep me separate and different and special. I'm not. I'm sorry for that and the truth is that folks here know how to STAY quit and I don't. I believed the lie. The lie that I was different. The lie that I could have just one. The lie that I had control over what I was doing. I lost control over that shit a long time ago and it's never coming back. Even before I took that first dip this last time I had lost control. I gave it up. I didn't own my quit and wasn't serious about it. That's why I'm back. I'm serious about quitting. I will read and listen and stay quit from that black dog shit that wants me dead. I'm asking for numbers and getting in touch with a few dudes already. As for my Jan13 Jackwaggins, I"m sorry I deserted you all and let you down. For all those coming after in Oct13 I won't do that again. Quit.
Your beginning to sound like a quitter if you truly mean everything you say. A lot of us can be real dicks but usually it's because we care more about a cavers quit than they do. Why? I'm not sure our reasons are the same. For me having someone cave made me feel vulnerable for a long time. Now I want to kick some ass because I know that if you truly want to quit and are committed you can quit, just look at me one of the biggest pussy addicts out there. I never could quit before because deep down 'I didn't really want to quit' unless it was painless. Make posting roll a #1 priority, do it EARLY and put the same effort forth that you did to always have a can.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline gorilla1

• Quitter
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2013, 11:29:00 PM »
What happened?

Why did it happen?

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2013, 10:44:00 AM »
Gorilla,

I merged your old intro thread with this one. When you first starting posting it was with Jan 2013 (Jackwagins), the group I'm in. There are still about 30 of us that post every day. Why don't you do some soul seaching and answer the three questions from the heart this time, and please also post your answers HERE.
"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2013, 10:02:00 AM »
There comes a time in a mans life there Gorilla where you need to look yourself in that proverbial mirror.

You have just enlisted into the Oct13 group, the first one there, the one who will be there the 'longest' when compared to the rest of the group.

Now is the time for you to look and understand what you need to do to be quit. Be honest with yourself and get to those 3 educated questions. Then follow the path that we have before you as you will be looked upon as one of the leaders of that Oct13 group so you need to be as strong as you can be for yourself and for them (and smart to at times).

Alot of people are looking over your shoulder to see your next steps. Let them be wise and ones you would want others to follow.

:ph43r: from Oct12

SirDerek and the rest of the madmen

Offline Smokeyg

• Quit King
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2013, 09:22:00 AM »
Quote from: loot
Quote from: Smokeyg
Last October I was able to quit dipping one day at a time through the help of this site. I was lazy at best about posting roll call and getting in touch with people. I fell off the site after about 2 months. Life was better. I didn't have any more cravings. I was feeling healthy again. I could taste! Anyway, I stayed on through the winter dip free even while working with some dudes who were getting after it pretty heavy. A friend of mine came to visit in February and I smoked a bit of a cigarette with him. Nothing happened. I didn't really think about it, but soon after I started getting the idea that I wanted to have a dip. Just peripheral thoughts; little bugs in my ear. Somehow that shit took hold and started to grow and I was having some serious mental bouts with the obsession to dip again. I started a small business during this time and took on some great new clients. I realized that one of the property managers I was working for had a dip in and I asked him what he was gnawing on. He was surprised at me calling him out, but then I knew that if i wanted one that's where I could go. It was only a matter of time. I finally asked him for a dip. And of course I told myself that I could stick to just one. That if I just bummed one off of him that I'd be okay. Well the one day turned into two and two into three and now I'm back in the fold of fucking dipping daily! Snuck up on me. I've continued to be that annoying dude to ask for a dip and so my pride has kept me from having more than one a day, but the truth is that shit has got me again. I'm just as addicted as ever and still have that peculiar mental twist that tells me I can have just one. I've fallen victim to this bullshit way of thinking many times before. So here I am starting over again. I was lucky enough to have a dudes number in my phone from doing this thing before and I texted and asked for help. He told me to get back on KTC, post roll, and answer some questions here. I don't want to live a slave to the can and cut short this awesome life I've been given. So I'm looking for help fellas. Thanks. Tony Bedell aka Gorilla1
Gorilla - I say this with the upmost support and goodwill: The first half of your post is dripping with ignorance and justification; I can give specific examples if you're too blind to see it. Repeat after me: "I, gorilla1, never quit. My so called pride is truly cowardice. I know jack shit about how to quit and I am willing to engage in this community by offering support and actively listening to the advice of others. I will seek out wisdom by investing time reading the words of wisdom and older quit groups. I, gorilla1, haven't learned a fucking thing. But, I'm ready."

good luck sailor.
Luck?
Irony?

Offline Nolaq

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2013, 08:57:00 AM »
You need a serious check up from the neck up.

Quitting is not a spectator sport. Participation IS required!
What is your major malfunction?!?!?!?!

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 710
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2013, 08:56:00 AM »
What happened?

Why did it happen?

Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45 46

Assurance

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2013, 08:55:00 AM »
Quote from: srans
Smokeys right I never quit before. I'm quit now.
Freedom brother. Smell it. Taste it. This freedoms going to cost you a little, but it is so worth it. One day at a time my friend. I'll quit with you today,, I got nothin better to do.
READREAD

Do you really like poison? Come on, you know better.
It would help if you learn to see what nictoine really is...POISON.
Til then, you and everyone else will continue to 'romanticize' the poison.
Wanna dance with the ugly cancer causing whore again? take off the blinders dude. 'Crazy'
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?