Author Topic: New Quitter  (Read 13768 times)

Offline EFNKodiak

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-02-27
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New Quitter
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2013, 12:59:00 PM »
Congrats on 14 days. It gets better each day and it sounds like you are getting in shape too. Great job.

Offline Marcusaurelius

• Quitter
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2013, 12:17:00 PM »
Quote from: KKLJINC
Quote from: Radman
My first weekend off the shit I put together a trip to the cost with my wife and kids and some friends, to keep my mind off it.

My triggers have been tough, I am not a ninja dipper, so pretty much everything is a trigger for me. Hardest point is work, I chewed all day at work, so I sit here all day wanting the shit. But, now at least twice a day I will get up and go walk the facility. The employees at first looked at me like I was nuts, as I never go on the factory floor, I think most of thought they were in trouble.
'clap' 'clap' 'clap'

Bravo, sir. That was a great post. All of it was great, but these parts really hit home with me. I did both of those.

Beyond comparison, I think sitting at my desk during the hour or so after lunch was my worst craving period. That took muscle. I got up countless times and walked 4 floors of stairs to the roof and back. It tooks texts, emails, and distractions, but I survived. You can do the same. Hang in there, friend. It gets much, much easier.

On a brighter note: excercising in this building has become habit. Two or three days a week during the inclimate season I do a circuit on the stairwells and abandoned areas. Getting healthier by the day.
Radman, that is funny, we also have four floors, I take two walks daily as well, once in the morning about 9, i'm usually in the office by 6 so by nine I am really feeling it. Then just like you said after lunch. Funny, we have a no tobacco policy, I have written people up for usage, just thought the policy never applied to me since I was the boss. what a freaking asshole right?

Triggers are a trip, it amazes me the things that will set me off. Last night I was cutting some BBQ up, had a Coors Light by my side, and I was hit with a crave so hard I had to shutter. I have have lived with chew longer than I have lived without it, so it blows me away how tied into my life it was.
You know guys I had the exact same thoughts in the shower this morning ( I am a shower thinker), not only have I been dipping longer than I have not, but I dont remember what it was like not to dip. I found myself watching tv last night, and had kinda of a weird feeling like I should be doing something...

Offline kkljinc

• Quitter
  • Interests: I love to workout, RUN, and Weights. Hunter and a Fisherman. Golf is my passion.Wife and kids keep me busy.
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2013, 11:52:00 AM »
Quote from: Radman
My first weekend off the shit I put together a trip to the cost with my wife and kids and some friends, to keep my mind off it.

My triggers have been tough, I am not a ninja dipper, so pretty much everything is a trigger for me. Hardest point is work, I chewed all day at work, so I sit here all day wanting the shit. But, now at least twice a day I will get up and go walk the facility. The employees at first looked at me like I was nuts, as I never go on the factory floor, I think most of thought they were in trouble.
'clap' 'clap' 'clap'

Bravo, sir. That was a great post. All of it was great, but these parts really hit home with me. I did both of those.

Beyond comparison, I think sitting at my desk during the hour or so after lunch was my worst craving period. That took muscle. I got up countless times and walked 4 floors of stairs to the roof and back. It tooks texts, emails, and distractions, but I survived. You can do the same. Hang in there, friend. It gets much, much easier.

On a brighter note: excercising in this building has become habit. Two or three days a week during the inclimate season I do a circuit on the stairwells and abandoned areas. Getting healthier by the day.
Radman, that is funny, we also have four floors, I take two walks daily as well, once in the morning about 9, i'm usually in the office by 6 so by nine I am really feeling it. Then just like you said after lunch. Funny, we have a no tobacco policy, I have written people up for usage, just thought the policy never applied to me since I was the boss. what a freaking asshole right?

Triggers are a trip, it amazes me the things that will set me off. Last night I was cutting some BBQ up, had a Coors Light by my side, and I was hit with a crave so hard I had to shutter. I have have lived with chew longer than I have lived without it, so it blows me away how tied into my life it was.

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2013, 11:43:00 AM »

'clap' 'clap' 'clap'

Offline Marcusaurelius

• Quitter
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2013, 10:28:00 AM »
Congrats Sir... You are an inspiration... We share alot of traits as far as being able to dip all day... Kinda hard when you are tied to a desk all day, like you I have been trying to walk and keep my mind fresh. Keep going I will follow you right through those hall of fame doors and further down the road of quit!!

Offline kkljinc

• Quitter
  • Interests: I love to workout, RUN, and Weights. Hunter and a Fisherman. Golf is my passion.Wife and kids keep me busy.
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2013, 10:18:00 AM »
I made it to 14 days! Thank you to everyone who, has helped me, inboxed me made sure I had the phone numbers and the overall information be quit thus far. Thank god for KTC, I spend more time here than anywhere else I think.

I am thankful I can sleep again, I am thankful the fog has lifted, I am thankful I am ummm, pretty regular again.

The first three days were hell. I could not even talk almost. That mixed with sleep that, lasted 15 minutes at a time made the fog even thicker. My first weekend off the shit I put together a trip to the cost with my wife and kids and some friends, to keep my mind off it.

I still use the fake dip a few times a day, mostly after meals, but I don't care for it to much so it gets spit out pretty quickly. I will also ball up a paper towel and put it in my lip. If I can get to day 14, I know I can get to 15, and so on by quitting every day. Thanks again for all of the help. I quit with you all today!

KKLJINC (Jeff)

Offline kkljinc

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2013, 09:52:00 AM »
Thanks for all of the good words guys! I am still here I went out of town for the weekend. Few interesting things, today I am not so foggy. I played golf over the weekend and got through it figured it would be a major trigger.

We went over to the coast with another couple and our kids, we golfed they shopped kind of thing. My buddy who was with me, who I have worked with for 6 years now. After breakfast, I stood up, reached into my pockets, he sat there and watched for a minute then finally said hey bro....it's not in there.

Crazy the habit portion is still going strong.

Offline Rob1985

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-02-23
  • Interests: HOCKEY, Baseball, Mountain Biking, Camping, Movies, Xbox, Computers, Shooting Sports.Did I mention HOCKEY?
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2013, 05:24:00 PM »
Welcome to the "Quit Wagon" is a great place with great people. These guys on here are no bullshit badass mofos! They will tell you how it is and they will do all that they can to keep you from caving. Post roll every day, for you and your brothers on here!

I'm on Day 7. Words cannot express how great I feel today, better than any other day in the past 8-9 years. I know this feeling will keep getting better with each day I stay quit and that is one more motivating factor! Plus I've saved about $40 already!
Quit: 2/23/13
HOF: 6/3/13
2nd Floor: 9/10/13
One Year 2/23/14
Two Years 2/23/15
1000 Days 11/19/15
"You can have results or excuses. Not both"
"One often learns more from ten days of agony than from ten years of contentment"
"A memory is what is left when something happens and does not completely unhappen" ~Edward de Bono

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2013, 03:04:00 PM »
Quote from: Runner
I quit February 26th. I chewed a can a day of Copenhagen for the past forty years. Glad today has came.
Get on over and post roll. Start you an intro, sir. Let's do this.

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2013, 03:04:00 PM »
Quote from: rickddd
Hello, everyone, I am 37 years old have been chewing Cope, for 24 years. My dad was a dipper so it was always around and easy to get my hands on at that young age. I quit on March 1st, for a few reasons.

In the last five years I have lost 65 pounds, now I am getting close to my goal weight, and I figured it was time to add more accountability to my new lifestyle choices. So, here I am. I have to admit I am in a serious fog, just typing this has been a bit of trial and error.

I am glad to have found this site.

Jeff
Great decision KK! I'm on day 55 and I feel SO much better than when I was a chewer. my blood pressure has dropped from 128/85 to 112/70. Amazing!

You mentioned your weight loss - nice job! and just a warning that when I first quit, I put on about 15 lbs in the first few weeks. Its pretty common to gain weight at first, so try not to worry too much about that right now - just take care of your quit.
I was going to hand out the same warning. I packed on quite a bit of weight when I quit. But, I had knee surgery about that time too. My two cents is this: a LITTLE BIT of weight gain is not a major problem. The quit has to come first. Right now, it has to be the single most important thing in your life.

Our stats are similar. I'm 38. Chewed/dipped for about 20 years. Quit 899 days ago. Lost all the weight plus some.... back down to my college weight.

It can be done. This is the place to do it. Reach out if you need anything.

Offline Runner

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Interests: Running, Road Biking, Spoiling Grandchildren
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2013, 02:59:00 PM »
I quit February 26th. I chewed a can a day of Copenhagen for the past forty years. Glad today has came.

Offline kkljinc

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2013, 01:04:00 PM »
.[/QUOTE] [/QUOTE]
Great decision KK! I'm on day 55 and I feel SO much better than when I was a chewer. my blood pressure has dropped from 128/85 to 112/70. Amazing!

You mentioned your weight loss - nice job! and just a warning that when I first quit, I put on about 15 lbs in the first few weeks. Its pretty common to gain weight at first, so try not to worry too much about that right now - just take care of your quit.

Yes, I am aware that I may have this problem as well, I am not to worried about it, calories are calories, and if I burn more than I earn, it will work itself out eventually.

thanks for all of the words, already feeling better!

Offline rickddd

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/6/2013
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2013, 12:59:00 PM »
Hello, everyone, I am 37 years old have been chewing Cope, for 24 years. My dad was a dipper so it was always around and easy to get my hands on at that young age. I quit on March 1st, for a few reasons.

In the last five years I have lost 65 pounds, now I am getting close to my goal weight, and I figured it was time to add more accountability to my new lifestyle choices. So, here I am. I have to admit I am in a serious fog, just typing this has been a bit of trial and error.

Jeff

---------------------------
Quit Date: 1/6/2013
Hall of Fame: 4/15/2013
COMMA! 10/2/2015
42nd floor: 7/6/2024

Offline miles

• Quit Pro
  • Howdy, I'm Miles and I'm Quit
  • Quit Date: 3/7/2011
  • Interests: My kids, Quitting, Hunting, fishing, motorcycles, MTB, football, racing, baseball, guitar, family, running, Clint Eastwood, Cold Beer, Floating down the river, camping. Atlanta Braves, Atlanta Falcons, Houston Oilers (RIP - Love Ya Blue!)"]["{{}}{{}}][_
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2013, 12:53:00 PM »
Welcome to the best decision you've made in a looooong time. Choosing NOT to kill yourself is awesome and empowering. Take it one day at a time and you WILL be successful. I quit with you today!

Freedom tastes a lot sweeter than dip!
I quit with with you all!

Offline iCope

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 12:49:00 PM »

Jeff
I was just thinking this yesterday. I have always admired the folks in the weight loss before and after photos and their stories. The true winners are the ones that stuck with it and changed their lives. I am sure they made the decision every day, one day at a time that they are accomplishing their goals. Their stories also are very similar to the success stories heard here. You feel good about your self and didn't realize until now how great life can be when you take control of what you can control. Keep up the good work. I will see you as the "after" at your HOF.
Enough Want To, More Do