Author Topic: New Quitter  (Read 13763 times)

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New Quitter
« Reply #123 on: February 28, 2014, 09:13:00 PM »
Quote from: jbradley
Quote from: 2mch2lv4
Quote from: Mthomas3824
Quote from: KKLJINC
Quote from: razd611
Quote from: Winter
Quote from: SAM83
Quote from: brettlees
1 Year, 365 days, 8,760 hours or 525,949 minutes. I can honestly say, I lived more of this year minute by minute and in some cases second by second than I did by days.

Now that, I am 365 days in I still live day by day in terms of +1 with my June 2013 group.

365 days ago, I was foggy, pissed off and just an intolerable ass, 365 later I am still an ass but I am quit. I could not have done it without KTC and my friends and quit buddies.

This has by far been one of the most challenging things I have ever done, but my god it's worth it. To see the light in my kids eyes as we counted down to HOF together. Even now they will randomly ask what day I am on. My wife saying she thought I would fail and that she figured I would chew until I died, she is proud.

My dad who has been bound by this addiction his entire life, says he wished he could have stayed quit after all those attempts, how proud he is that I'm not a slave any longer.

In these 365 days, I've gained so much. Reduced blood pressure, insurance rates as a non user. Health, one of my hardest things was not chewing after leaving the gym  'Crazy' how stupid was that? I am going to get healthy and then out poison in my mouth right after. What is in store for the next 365? God willing following my continued path of fitness. 365 more +1's I am also going to live this year by the day not by the second. I've got the tools and I've got the people.

This journey was so worth it
Congrats and I"m glad to read you are sticking around. Your posts were instrumental in my early quit- on my thread but others as well. And sometimes I relate to that guy on your av!
Congrats! Major accomplishment.....I thrive off of seeing the success of those before me!!! You strengthen my quit being here.
You are awesome brother.
Well Done Sir!!! Congrats...

'oh yeah'
Thanks for the kind words. For everyone posting I was a help in your quit you have no idea how much that means to me.

I quit with you all today, thanks for the support.

FU Sugar Smacks (Apple Jack)
KKLJINC,

I've been going to my 12 steps meetings for alcohol but the 12 steps apply in all addiction. Congrats on a year!!!! Great quit you have going there.

So here is a question posed to me that cause me to observe and do a lot of thinking and define the answer. I'll throw it to you.

Is there a diference between a Dry nic addict and a Nic addict in Recovery?

(My question was a Dry vs Sober) Adapted for nicotine......

What is the difference between them, if there is a difference?
I am so proud of you! I look forward to the next 365 days of quit with you my friend (one day at a time)!
Awesome job brother!
great job on one year KKljinc. Great accomplishment. You have laid a nice foundation for a lifetime of quit. Keep up the great work. One brick at a time.

Offline jbradley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #122 on: February 28, 2014, 12:59:00 AM »
Quote from: 2mch2lv4
1 Year, 365 days, 8,760 hours or 525,949 minutes. I can honestly say, I lived more of this year minute by minute and in some cases second by second than I did by days.

Now that, I am 365 days in I still live day by day in terms of +1 with my June 2013 group.

365 days ago, I was foggy, pissed off and just an intolerable ass, 365 later I am still an ass but I am quit. I could not have done it without KTC and my friends and quit buddies.

This has by far been one of the most challenging things I have ever done, but my god it's worth it. To see the light in my kids eyes as we counted down to HOF together. Even now they will randomly ask what day I am on. My wife saying she thought I would fail and that she figured I would chew until I died, she is proud.

My dad who has been bound by this addiction his entire life, says he wished he could have stayed quit after all those attempts, how proud he is that I'm not a slave any longer.

In these 365 days, I've gained so much. Reduced blood pressure, insurance rates as a non user. Health, one of my hardest things was not chewing after leaving the gym  'Crazy' how stupid was that? I am going to get healthy and then out poison in my mouth right after. What is in store for the next 365? God willing following my continued path of fitness. 365 more +1's I am also going to live this year by the day not by the second. I've got the tools and I've got the people.

Congrats and I"m glad to read you are sticking around. Your posts were instrumental in my early quit- on my thread but others as well. And sometimes I relate to that guy on your av!
Congrats! Major accomplishment.....I thrive off of seeing the success of those before me!!! You strengthen my quit being here.
You are awesome brother.

'oh yeah'
Thanks for the kind words. For everyone posting I was a help in your quit you have no idea how much that means to me.

KKLJINC,

I've been going to my 12 steps meetings for alcohol but the 12 steps apply in all addiction. Congrats on a year!!!! Great quit you have going there.

So here is a question posed to me that cause me to observe and do a lot of thinking and define the answer. I'll throw it to you.

I am so proud of you! I look forward to the next 365 days of quit with you my friend (one day at a time)!
Awesome job brother!

Offline 2mch2lv4

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #121 on: February 27, 2014, 07:56:00 PM »

You are awesome brother.

'oh yeah'

KKLJINC,

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #120 on: February 27, 2014, 06:32:00 PM »

You are awesome brother.

'oh yeah'

KKLJINC,

Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline kkljinc

• Quitter
  • Interests: I love to workout, RUN, and Weights. Hunter and a Fisherman. Golf is my passion.Wife and kids keep me busy.
« Reply #119 on: February 27, 2014, 12:14:00 PM »

You are awesome brother.

'oh yeah'

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #118 on: February 27, 2014, 11:40:00 AM »

You are awesome brother.

'oh yeah'
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #117 on: February 27, 2014, 11:37:00 AM »
FU KK :P

I'll never forget how encouraging you we're during the first part of my quit bro. Thanks for leading the way!
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Winter Green

• Quitter
« Reply #116 on: February 27, 2014, 11:10:00 AM »

You are awesome brother.
Quit~December - 2 - 2013
1st Floor~March - 11 - 2014

Offline SAM83

• Quit Pro
  • A failure to plan is a plan to fail!
  • Quit Date: 1/6/2014
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Camping, Motorcycle Touring, White Water Sports, Cooking/Grilling/Smoking (Food), Anything Outdoors and Go Steelers!
  • Likes Given: 232
« Reply #115 on: February 27, 2014, 10:38:00 AM »

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #114 on: February 27, 2014, 10:17:00 AM »

In these 365 days, I've gained so much. Reduced blood pressure, insurance rates as a non user. Health, one of my hardest things was not chewing after leaving the gym 'Crazy' how stupid was that? I am going to get healthy and then out poison in my mouth right after. What is in store for the next 365? God willing following my continued path of fitness. 365 more +1's I am also going to live this year by the day not by the second. I've got the tools and I've got the people.

This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline Minny

• Quitter
« Reply #113 on: February 27, 2014, 10:16:00 AM »

In these 365 days, I've gained so much. Reduced blood pressure, insurance rates as a non user. Health, one of my hardest things was not chewing after leaving the gym 'Crazy' how stupid was that? I am going to get healthy and then out poison in my mouth right after. What is in store for the next 365? God willing following my continued path of fitness. 365 more +1's I am also going to live this year by the day not by the second. I've got the tools and I've got the people.

Congrats!!! I hope you have plans to celebrate tonight.
Quit Date 7/12/13
HOF Date 10/19/13

My HOF Speech

Offline kkljinc

• Quitter
  • Interests: I love to workout, RUN, and Weights. Hunter and a Fisherman. Golf is my passion.Wife and kids keep me busy.
« Reply #112 on: February 27, 2014, 10:08:00 AM »

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #111 on: January 03, 2014, 10:21:00 AM »
Quote from: spartanron
Quote from: Its_Got2Happen
Quote from: Evil_Won
309 Feeling Fine.

Every year for New Years my wife and I go to Cancun. Last year, I had packed four cans for the the trip (what an Idiot)

Well, I should have packed an extra because I ran out, at the airport, I took my last little sliver, and was in full panic mode. I loved to chew when I flew.

What did I do you ask, in full panic mode, I went to duty free, I purchased, a cigar, broke international law when I opened it up in the airport prior to leaving and bit the end off the thing and wadded it up in my lip. It got me all the way to Los Angeles, disaster avoided.

This year my friends, I am going to go to Cancun without worry, if I have enough chew. Without having to ration or even think about taking the can out of my shorts before jumping in the pool. Without having to be a slave to nicotine!

Third Floor and climbing, I quit with you all today, and I'll do it again tomorrow god willing.

KK
Every addict has a story of some irrational thing that they did just to get a fix when they had run out. Your cigar story is near the top. Quit on.
Congrats on 3rd floor man.

And yes I agree with Evil, addicts will go to great lengths to get their fix. I am fully convinced that if nicotine were illegal and more difficult to get, people would steal and maybe even kill for it. They would be looking for ways to inject it directly into a vein and because of its toxicity, people would OD from it regularly.

Freedom is much better. Enjoy the trip man.
This one time, in amsterdam, i ran out of chew , so i grabbed my spitter and a coffee filter....... yes, it was that gross. Proud to be quit with you.

Realizing we're better than those actions is true freedom... Rock on bro.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Spartanron

• Quitter
« Reply #110 on: January 03, 2014, 04:39:00 AM »
Quote from: Its_Got2Happen
309 Feeling Fine.

Every year for New Years my wife and I go to Cancun. Last year, I had packed four cans for the the trip (what an Idiot)

Well, I should have packed an extra because I ran out, at the airport, I took my last little sliver, and was in full panic mode. I loved to chew when I flew.

What did I do you ask, in full panic mode, I went to duty free, I purchased, a cigar, broke international law when I opened it up in the airport prior to leaving and bit the end off the thing and wadded it up in my lip. It got me all the way to Los Angeles, disaster avoided.

This year my friends, I am going to go to Cancun without worry, if I have enough chew. Without having to ration or even think about taking the can out of my shorts before jumping in the pool. Without having to be a slave to nicotine!

Third Floor and climbing, I quit with you all today, and I'll do it again tomorrow god willing.

KK
Every addict has a story of some irrational thing that they did just to get a fix when they had run out. Your cigar story is near the top. Quit on.

And yes I agree with Evil, addicts will go to great lengths to get their fix. I am fully convinced that if nicotine were illegal and more difficult to get, people would steal and maybe even kill for it. They would be looking for ways to inject it directly into a vein and because of its toxicity, people would OD from it regularly.

This one time, in amsterdam, i ran out of chew , so i grabbed my spitter and a coffee filter....... yes, it was that gross. Proud to be quit with you.
No more What If's, I quit everyday going forward
Quit Chewing 11/13/12, Quit Nicorette 12/23/12

MY Hall of Fame Speech

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
« Reply #109 on: January 03, 2014, 04:35:00 AM »
309 Feeling Fine.

KK