Author Topic: My PhuctUp Intro  (Read 3857 times)

Offline RDB

• Quit Spartan
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date 1/22/16
  • Likes Given: 4
Re: My PhuctUp Intro
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2017, 03:18:00 PM »
Welcome, and good on you for kicking three things at the same time.

If at all possible, consider seeking addiction counseling. All of us had to change lifestyle, and rewire our brains to keep clean, but going out on a limb, I'm going to guess that you need an absolute lifestyle change. There's no shame in seeking out professional help.

But, yes, definitely use this site for support of not only the tobacco, but also the drinking and gambling. There's a whole section here called Getting My Act Together with a subforum on quitting alcohol. I don't see one for gambling, but if you were to help an admin, I'm sure one could be added. I would guess you're not the only one here who wants to quit gambling.

Stay quit!

Offline BrianG

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • “Brotherhood is born in adversity.”
  • Quit Date: 17 JAN 2017
  • Likes Given: 123
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2017, 02:02:00 PM »
Phuctup

I too, like J-Heff used tobacco for 35 years. I am on day 44 today. I say that so that when I say it gets better, you can believe me. It took me about 7 days into my quit to just feel normal again. J-Heff layed this site out and what it takes to win perfectly.

Fight the good fight and be tough...
He who has a why can bear almost any how.

Offline PhuctUp

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2017-05-28
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 02:00:00 PM »
Thanks for the words, J-Heff. I had to watch the damn video to figure it out, but I posted roll.

Offline J-Heff

• Quit Pro
  • Do NOT touch my turntable!
  • Quit Date: 5/5/16
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 01:42:00 PM »
Quote from: PhuctUp
Well, after fighting it for as long as I'm willing, I'm done today. I'm not just done with dip either. I'm an alcoholic and a problem gambler. I guess I'm the trifecta. If I did drugs, too, I'd hopefully be dead by now. But I decided I want to try to love myself again. I'm ready to see what this life looks like without the slavery of addiction. My wife and middle school daughter and brand new baby boy want to see me enjoy that life, too. I honestly can't believe I still have them in my life. My wife even told me the other day that she would rather me just shoot myself than to have to watch me kill myself slowly. So I'm done with it all. I want to live.

I know I need help, though. I've read enough on here to know I'll get the support I need here. My wife's going to join the site this afternoon as well. I told her it would probably be good for her to read some of the stuff I've been reading on here. She doesn't understand addiction, and for that, I'm extremely thankful. I'm hoping this will help us both. I'm a quitter today. And I'm going to embrace every damn minute of it, no matter how hard it is. I'm truly building the foundation for a brand new life today. I'm excited to be a part of this site. Thanks in advance. I'm fucked up. But I'm not fucked up forever.
Welcome Phuctup! (that's hard to spell!)

You definitely came to the right place and can expect a ton of support. You will absolutely get out what you put into this.

If I may, I have one piece of advice, BUY INTO THIS KTC METHOD RIGHT AWAY!. When I first joined I missed posting roll the first weekend and now I can never be a "100% roll poster". Believe me this will become important to you. The key here is to make sure you post your promise to be nicotine free every single morning first thing, then keep your word for that day. And focus on one day at a time (ODAAT). It works!

Next, buy into the method of exchanging numbers with some of the other quitters. This will be your cornerstone and your life line. It sounds corny, but I have built relationship in here with people I have never met! Build this network and you will never be alone and will have someone to reach out to whether your tempted to put shit in your lip or whatever.

I've been quit now for 302 days, this after 35 years of chewing Cope long cut and never being able to truly quit.

NOW GO TO YOUR QUIT GROUP (June 2017 - SEE LINK BELOW) and post your promise for the day. People will be waiting to help you. If you ever need ANYTHING, feel free to send me a Private Message (PM) here. You can find that in the upper right of your screen.

I'm Proud to be quit with you!!!

John (AKA: J-Heff)

topic/30163365/55/#new
Trauma-Tizer for Life!

Offline PhuctUp

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2017-05-28
  • Likes Given: 0
My PhuctUp Intro
« on: March 02, 2017, 01:31:00 PM »
Well, after fighting it for as long as I'm willing, I'm done today. I'm not just done with dip either. I'm an alcoholic and a problem gambler. I guess I'm the trifecta. If I did drugs, too, I'd hopefully be dead by now. But I decided I want to try to love myself again. I'm ready to see what this life looks like without the slavery of addiction. My wife and middle school daughter and brand new baby boy want to see me enjoy that life, too. I honestly can't believe I still have them in my life. My wife even told me the other day that she would rather me just shoot myself than to have to watch me kill myself slowly. So I'm done with it all. I want to live.

I know I need help, though. I've read enough on here to know I'll get the support I need here. My wife's going to join the site this afternoon as well. I told her it would probably be good for her to read some of the stuff I've been reading on here. She doesn't understand addiction, and for that, I'm extremely thankful. I'm hoping this will help us both. I'm a quitter today. And I'm going to embrace every damn minute of it, no matter how hard it is. I'm truly building the foundation for a brand new life today. I'm excited to be a part of this site. Thanks in advance. I'm fucked up. But I'm not fucked up forever.