Author Topic: My PhuctUp Intro  (Read 3862 times)

Offline JGlav

• Master of Quit
  • Interests: Quit Date: 9/05/15
  • Likes Given: 19
Re: My PhuctUp Intro
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2017, 01:41:00 PM »
Quote from: AppleJack
Quote from: PhuctUp
"Just don't do it, fucker,"
There... you said it. I'm clean ;)

There is no magic advice bro... other than the above. It's all a choice. Sometimes... not a very easy one to follow through with. However... creating a new normal is soooo worth it. Each win creates this new you. Makes you a bit stronger each time. I bet you didnt think you could do 4 days quit didja? Well... you did. You can do this too.

To paraphrase...
"Just do it, fucker" 'boob'
Absolutely true^^^ I would struggle minute by minute in the first week of my quit. You can do this as a matter of fact with your name on roll you HAVE to do this. Just honor your word.
Proud as hell to be quit with you. You got this

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2017, 12:54:00 PM »
"Just don't do it, fucker,"
There... you said it. I'm clean ;)

There is no magic advice bro... other than the above. It's all a choice. Sometimes... not a very easy one to follow through with. However... creating a new normal is soooo worth it. Each win creates this new you. Makes you a bit stronger each time. I bet you didnt think you could do 4 days quit didja? Well... you did. You can do this too.

To paraphrase...
"Just do it, fucker" 'boob'
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline PhuctUp

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2017-05-28
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2017, 12:33:00 PM »
And I think half the reason I joined here was just to write about it. The other half was support and to be around a bunch of people like me. I actually feel a little better after getting it all out of my brain and typing it all out. I'm still struggling, but I was getting into one of those panic modes earlier. This is not fun yet.

Offline PhuctUp

• Quitter
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2017, 12:11:00 PM »
I joined here for support. I need some today. My brain is just raping me in every corner. My daughter has soccer practice tonight and I used to just drop her off and go dip and/or drink, a lot of times both. And while I was sitting around dipping and/or drinking, I was on my phone gambling on fucking sports. I was away from my wife for two hours and nobody was there to see me do any of it. And then I'd drive my only daughter home from practice, sometimes after drinking. Talking about it just makes me feel like an awful, awful person.

I don't want to cave and honestly have no interest in it. I just need a little positive pick-me-up. Nights have been pretty easy so far after four nights. I have Smoky Mountain and I've been going to bed early. I've been good. The anticipation of tonight is just killing me. I don't expect much groundbreaking response because the bottom line with anything anybody can say is, "Just don't do it, fucker," but I'll probably take that and laugh at it and it'll make me feel better. I had a plan for the weekend. I don't have a plan for how to battle my daughter's soccer practice. That's pretty sad. I'll beat it, I'm just struggling with it right now.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2017, 08:08:00 AM »
Alright, so my idea for another thread is kinda broad but super interesting to me right now. I wanted to do something different this time because every other time I "stopped" dipping or drinking for three days, something always brought me back because I didn't do anything different than the time before except say, "I'm quitting for good this time."

So I wrecked my brain a few days ago wondering what I could do different. And that was my answer all along. I had to do something different every single day I stayed quit. It was just this idea to really LIVE and have a blast with it by doing something crazy or different or just awesome every day.

The idea kinda came about a couple of days before I quit for good. My wife and I played Apples to Apples with my daughter. Nothing special, just a game. She always loves it when we play games with her. And she's almost 12. Those days of her wanting to play games with daddy aren't going to be around too much longer. And it made me think, for the millionth time, how much time I've wasted drinking, dipping, and gambling that I'll never get back with my only daughter. It's an immense amount of guilt. I'm sure some of you are really familiar with the guilt. And it's not just the guilt of time lost with my daughter. It's time lost and tension between my wife and I. It's a guilt that my baby boy might lose his father too soon because of the damage I've already done to my body. I'm relatively healthy, but there's still damage done. It's the guilt. The guilt is pretty damn bad.

So I set out yesterday to just do something awesome every day. Again, different, crazy, awesome, whatever. Just different enough to feel alive. I had this idea to start a thread about what everybody on here did today that was just awesome. I was looking for both entertainment and well, ideas.

Anyway, here's my first two days:

Day one: I quit. That's awesome enough.

Day two: I bought my wife flowers. And was rewarded for doing so.

Day three: I did two things. We went to Red Robin for lunch and I acted like a kid beating all the kids to the giant chalkboard they have there. I wrote on the board that I loved my wife and just basically acted like a child keeping the chalk away the kids, erasing the stuff they wrote, etc. So just acting like a kid. Then we had to go to BJ's Warehouse Club to return something and I saw a sheet of paper on the counter that was there for somebody's last day at work and it said, "We're going to miss you Cindy!!" Naturally, I grabbed the paper and a pen and wrote "You're beautiful inside and out." And then my daughter and niece wrote messages to whoever Cindy is. It made me laugh real big when we left there!!!!

So I don't know if a thread about what people did to feel alive and awesome would be interesting to anybody, but it's fueled me for three days. I'm weird, I know. Luckily, my family knows it, too. Feel free to add it to my intro or just go the other way with the knowledge that I'm weird. Won't bother me. I'm going to keep doing some crazy shit in the days to come.
I would like to see a pic of Cindy, inside or out...
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline scottludwig

• Quitter
  • it’s good to be quit w the cult
  • Quit Date: November 2, 2016
  • Interests: I will not live the second half of my adult life with nicotine in my body
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2017, 10:54:00 PM »
Alright, so my idea for another thread is kinda broad but super interesting to me right now. I wanted to do something different this time because every other time I "stopped" dipping or drinking for three days, something always brought me back because I didn't do anything different than the time before except say, "I'm quitting for good this time."

So I wrecked my brain a few days ago wondering what I could do different. And that was my answer all along. I had to do something different every single day I stayed quit. It was just this idea to really LIVE and have a blast with it by doing something crazy or different or just awesome every day.

The idea kinda came about a couple of days before I quit for good. My wife and I played Apples to Apples with my daughter. Nothing special, just a game. She always loves it when we play games with her. And she's almost 12. Those days of her wanting to play games with daddy aren't going to be around too much longer. And it made me think, for the millionth time, how much time I've wasted drinking, dipping, and gambling that I'll never get back with my only daughter. It's an immense amount of guilt. I'm sure some of you are really familiar with the guilt. And it's not just the guilt of time lost with my daughter. It's time lost and tension between my wife and I. It's a guilt that my baby boy might lose his father too soon because of the damage I've already done to my body. I'm relatively healthy, but there's still damage done. It's the guilt. The guilt is pretty damn bad.

So I set out yesterday to just do something awesome every day. Again, different, crazy, awesome, whatever. Just different enough to feel alive. I had this idea to start a thread about what everybody on here did today that was just awesome. I was looking for both entertainment and well, ideas.

Day three: I did two things. We went to Red Robin for lunch and I acted like a kid beating all the kids to the giant chalkboard they have there. I wrote on the board that I loved my wife and just basically acted like a child keeping the chalk away the kids, erasing the stuff they wrote, etc. So just acting like a kid. Then we had to go to BJ's Warehouse Club to return something and I saw a sheet of paper on the counter that was there for somebody's last day at work and it said, "We're going to miss you Cindy!!" Naturally, I grabbed the paper and a pen and wrote "You're beautiful inside and out." And then my daughter and niece wrote messages to whoever Cindy is. It made me laugh real big when we left there!!!!

So I don't know if a thread about what people did to feel alive and awesome would be interesting to anybody, but it's fueled me for three days. I'm weird, I know. Luckily, my family knows it, too. Feel free to add it to my intro or just go the other way with the knowledge that I'm weird. Won't bother me. I'm going to keep doing some crazy shit in the days to come.
As an assistant coach, I helped my son get 2 hits, score 1 run and almost make a play at 2nd base today. I'd join that thread.

Offline PhuctUp

• Quitter
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2017, 05:00:00 PM »

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2017, 02:13:00 PM »
I'll quit dip and gambling with you all damn day!
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Bigbob

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2019-03-27
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2017, 10:55:00 AM »
Hey brother I have a similar story. It all started 1,074 days ago. A lot of "life" happened to me over that time. I have not updated my into in a long time but you might get something outta reading it. Meaaage me with any questions brother. You got this

Offline CavMan83

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-10
  • Interests: Bass Fishing, music, all things motorsports, National Defense
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2017, 08:12:00 AM »
What she said.... you can post whatever you'd like in the General Discussion thread (it's already open). If you have a particular subject you'd like to begin discussing, and it's not already here on the site (which I suppose is possible, but not likely -- if you look around, there's a topic for just about everything you could think of scattered across the forum pages), then a moderator could help get you started.

Great start to your quit; unusual name but maybe one day you can change it to PhuctupNoMore!! Solidly in your corner!

Offline FLLipOut

• Master of Quit
  • Lady Arsonist
  • Quit Date: 07/22/16
  • Likes Given: 2573
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2017, 10:10:00 PM »
Your intro is for whatever you want it to be. Use it as a journal, use it to explore ideas, use it for whatever you want. Take a look at other intros and you will see they are all different.

If you have an ongoing topic you would like open, you would have to bring it to the moderators. There is also a general discussion thread open for 2017 but I don't think that is what is what you were going for.

In the meantime, welcome to KTC, PU. Read all you can on this addiction, take it day by day, draw strength from the good people here who will support you every step of the way. You really are stronger than a can of weeds.

PM me if you need anything!

FLLipOut. Day 225.
Just one and you will be back to where you started, and where you started was desperately wishing you were where you are now.
"The best way out is always through." - Robert Frost
"I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you!" - Samwise Gamgee
HOF: 10.29.16 | FL 2: 02.06.17 | FL 3: 05.17.17 | Y1: 07.22.17 | FL 4: 08.25.17 | FL 5: 12.03.17 | FL 6: 03.13.18 | FL 7: 06.21.18 | Y2: 07.22.18 | FL 8: 09.29.18 | FL 9: 01.07.19 | COMMA , : 04.17.19 | Y3: 07.22.19 | FL 11: 07.26.19 | FL 12: 11.03.19 | FL 13: 02.11.20 | FL 14: 05.21.20 | Y4: 07.22.20 | FL 15: 08.29.20  | FL 16: 12.07.20 | FL 17: 03.17.21 | FL 18: 06.25.21 | Y5: 07.22.21 | FL 19: 06.25.21 | FL 20 ,, : 01.11.22 | FL 21: 04.21.22 | Y6: 07.22.22 | FL 22: 07.30.22 | FL 23: 11.07.22 | FL 24: 02.15.23 | FL 25: 05.26.23 | Y7: 07.22.23 | FL 26: 09.03.23 | FL 27: 12.12.23 | FL 28: 03.21.24 | FL 29: 06.29.24 | Y8: 07.22.24

Offline PhuctUp

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2017, 03:36:00 PM »
Quick question because I'm not sure how this works. The intro is basically just for an intro, I gather, so if I wanted to start a thread about something that is more "General Discussion," am I free to start a thread over there? Every thread there was started by Chewie and all the topics are basically the same. Where would I start a "General Discussion" thread if not there?

Offline scottludwig

• Quitter
  • it’s good to be quit w the cult
  • Quit Date: November 2, 2016
  • Interests: I will not live the second half of my adult life with nicotine in my body
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2017, 10:47:00 PM »
You have found quit heaven. I started exercising my first week and it helped a lot. Your brain will have problems producing endorphins without the stimulants. Running will set them off and make you feel good. I unfucked myself from using nicotine and cannabis 121/42 days ago. It's a hard haul but so worth it once you get your head straight.

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 248
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2017, 10:11:00 PM »
I've been noticing some things in other people's intros that I didn't put in mine. Ninja Dipper? Absolutely. Anywhere and anytime as long as people didn't see me. I had so many hiding places for dip and beer over the years, it's actually kind of disturbing in hindsight.

Somebody said he and his wife had an understanding that she wouldn't ask anything because she just didn't want him to lie because she knew he would. Mine has admitted to doing that, too, at times, but mostly she caught me and made me dig my own grave with my lies. The past week or so, as my death march was winding down, I've been completely honest with her. Our marriage was already stronger and I was STILL drinking, dipping, and gambling. It's amazing what honesty does to a relationship.

Lastly, everybody talks about how long they tried to kill themselves. I drank and dipped pretty heavily since I was 19, so that's 20 years. I don't even want to run the numbers on how rich I could be right now if I'd have been clean of it all. Kinda sickening.

But I'm writing my book from page one today. Today has been great. When the adrenaline of hope wears off, and I know it will, I'll definitely need you guys. Thanks for welcoming me so kindly.
It looks like you are getting on the right path. I poisoned myself for 35 years before quitting 545 days ago. It's not easy but it can be done. All you really need to do is keep your promise today and really TRY to show up and keep it again tomorrow. I haven't missed a day on this site since joining and I don't think I've ever been quit this long before.

Offline PhuctUp

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2017, 07:20:00 PM »
I've been noticing some things in other people's intros that I didn't put in mine. Ninja Dipper? Absolutely. Anywhere and anytime as long as people didn't see me. I had so many hiding places for dip and beer over the years, it's actually kind of disturbing in hindsight.

Somebody said he and his wife had an understanding that she wouldn't ask anything because she just didn't want him to lie because she knew he would. Mine has admitted to doing that, too, at times, but mostly she caught me and made me dig my own grave with my lies. The past week or so, as my death march was winding down, I've been completely honest with her. Our marriage was already stronger and I was STILL drinking, dipping, and gambling. It's amazing what honesty does to a relationship.

Lastly, everybody talks about how long they tried to kill themselves. I drank and dipped pretty heavily since I was 19, so that's 20 years. I don't even want to run the numbers on how rich I could be right now if I'd have been clean of it all. Kinda sickening.

But I'm writing my book from page one today. Today has been great. When the adrenaline of hope wears off, and I know it will, I'll definitely need you guys. Thanks for welcoming me so kindly.