Author Topic: My Introduction; ProPhotoMan  (Read 3467 times)

Offline danojeno

• Quit Date March 2, 2015
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 48
Re: My Introduction; ProPhotoMan
« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2016, 11:27:00 PM »
This place works once you realize that leaving isn't the answer.

Offline Ginet

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2016, 11:23:00 PM »
Quote from: GDubya
Seems like everyone on this board has bent over backwards for you. Yet all you have given in return are insults and blame. Actually, I've not seen one Godly attribute out of you since you have walked in the house of Quit. You've been offered friendship, accountability, forgiveness, understanding, and quite a bit of long suffering. And still nothing in return from you but hatefullness and self righteousness. Personally, by your actions I would have never even suspected you as a man of Faith. We are all here to Quit. Why are you here? Man up and decide.
Hey Joe. Maybe God helped you by making sure you would read that post about Todd and have me see it along with some others. We don't pick how he speaks to us or what he plans for us. Maybe he sent us......

Stop looking at the words.....don't focus on them......focus on the message, the lesson, the advise that we all give....you will begin to feel the passion we have for staying quit, keeping you quit, and never forgetting that we are addicts.
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. ~ Chinese Proverb
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply. ~ Stephen R. Covey

QD 12/29/13
April 2014 Resolute

Offline Gdubya

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: August 23, 2013
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2016, 11:03:00 PM »
Seems like everyone on this board has bent over backwards for you. Yet all you have given in return are insults and blame. Actually, I've not seen one Godly attribute out of you since you have walked in the house of Quit. You've been offered friendship, accountability, forgiveness, understanding, and quite a bit of long suffering. And still nothing in return from you but hatefullness and self righteousness. Personally, by your actions I would have never even suspected you as a man of Faith. We are all here to Quit. Why are you here? Man up and decide.

Offline MonsterMedic

• Master of Quit
  • Proud member of the June 2014 Quit Saloon
  • Quit Date: 03.02.14
  • Likes Given: 260
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2016, 10:53:00 PM »
Quote from: ProPhotoMan
Quote from: doc2quit4good
Anyone looking at this bonehead thread right now needs to know one thing. Gdubya is a salt of the earth type of guy. I trusted him with my quit a long time ago and if you want good advice you can certainly get it from him. I've seen this crap come through here before and that is all it is...crap. Trying to be positive I hope this guy realizes what he's throwing away but good riddance to come across like he's the victim here...
And you're no better than him with you're name calling. It really shows y'alls maturity.
Dude, I know it can be difficult. Try to look past the name calling and other bullshit.

The bottom line is that this place works. And if you walk away because you got offended by some strangers on the Internet, you're throwing away an AWESOME resource that is the reason every here amounts to hundreds of years of quit.
"Frank Pierce: Saving someone's life is like falling in love. The best drug in the world." - Bringing Out The Dead

Quit Date: 03-02-2014
HOF: 06-09-2014
3K and counting

Offline ProPhotoMan

« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2016, 10:46:00 PM »
Anyone looking at this bonehead thread right now needs to know one thing. Gdubya is a salt of the earth type of guy. I trusted him with my quit a long time ago and if you want good advice you can certainly get it from him. I've seen this crap come through here before and that is all it is...crap. Trying to be positive I hope this guy realizes what he's throwing away but good riddance to come across like he's the victim here...
And you're no better than him with you're name calling. It really shows y'alls maturity.

Offline ProPhotoMan

« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2016, 10:39:00 PM »
Quote from: pab1964
Differences aside, Im glad to see that you are still here in some fashion. And I hope that you will remain. Like I told you before, this is a horrific and terrible addiction. And I wish only the best for you. My style of accountability doesn't set with you and so Ill offer this up to you. If you will remain, I promise not to contact you are offer any accountability to you. Unless you were to ask. Please continue to post and reap the benefits extended to you here in KTC. You know your way around already and are perfectly able to communicate with folks in your quit group and build a network of support. I hope that you will do this. When I shared that I spent 35 years as an addict praying for change, and that it didn't happen, that was no slight against God. It was only saying that I found that God wanted me to do it on my own. And that He knew that I was able to do it. And that change began when I found KTC and drank the kool aide. I gave it all I had. And it has worked. It will work for you as well. Im am now out of here. Never to bother you again. Hope you stick around.
Take what you need and Leave the rest. You will need help later! Stay

Offline FISHFLORIDA

• AUG 16' Traumatizer
  • Administrator
  • Quitting MoFo
  • The Adventures of Florida Man
  • Quit Date: 5/24/16
  • Interests: Saltwater Flyfishing
  • Likes Given: 1533
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2016, 10:34:00 PM »
Quote from: worktowin
Quote from: Candoit
Quote from: kdip
Quote from: AppleJack
I've been a pastor, music minister/director for 25 years.

I love this place...

Is it possible that God led you to this place as His answer to healing/dealing with your addiction?

Don't throw it back in His face...
My thoughts exactly preacher!
I have reached out to him. I agree with all your sentiments. I have been chatting with him for a while. I sent him a lengthy PM basically telling him we are not the enemy here and encouraging him to get off his soapbox and accept who we are. I told him we are his best chance of quitting his lifelong addiction/habit. I feel the ball's in his court now. I truly hope he sees the light and changes his MOA going forward. I used to be a borderline professional photographer in the past and feel i can relate to him at least somewhat. Time will tell.
Hebrews 12 4:13
All of the struggle and challenge we face in quitting.
This whole thing is sad.

Like most of us in this thread, I tried everything... Everything to quit over 2+ decades. Then I found this place. Imagine throwing away the only thing that works?

Decades of losing. What a shame.
I 100% believe God led me here. Nothing I ever did on my own worked. My faith is stronger because of it. If someone tells me otherwise, they can go pound salt. No skin off my back. Live and let live...unless it's a spider, then all bets are off.
Just one is right back to where you were and where you were was desperately wishing you were where you are now.- Via Flip
"But KNOW that quitting every day means that eventually you'll have to quit on the day Lassie kicks the bucket" - ZAM
My Intro
My HOF Speech

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2016, 10:27:00 PM »
Quote from: Candoit

I love this place...

Is it possible that God led you to this place as His answer to healing/dealing with your addiction?

I have reached out to him. I agree with all your sentiments. I have been chatting with him for a while. I sent him a lengthy PM basically telling him we are not the enemy here and encouraging him to get off his soapbox and accept who we are. I told him we are his best chance of quitting his lifelong addiction/habit. I feel the ball's in his court now. I truly hope he sees the light and changes his MOA going forward. I used to be a borderline professional photographer in the past and feel i can relate to him at least somewhat. Time will tell.
This whole thing is sad.

Like most of us in this thread, I tried everything... Everything to quit over 2+ decades. Then I found this place. Imagine throwing away the only thing that works?

Decades of losing. What a shame.

Offline Candoit

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • The Candy Man
  • Quit Date: Today
  • Likes Given: 121
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2016, 10:13:00 PM »

I love this place...

There are no circumstances in which using nicotine will improve the outcome.

My journey. The best part it is not over yet.

Offline Kdip

• Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Quitting and helping others quit, riding my motorcycle, baseball, football, old furniture restoration, junk collecting, vintage arcade machines, rafting, tubing, camping, my family and dog
  • Likes Given: 295
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2016, 10:09:00 PM »

I love this place...

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2016, 09:43:00 PM »

I love this place...

Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2016, 09:24:00 PM »

I love this place...

Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 248
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2016, 09:22:00 PM »
I'm still looking for the magic that cures someone on day 6. OK, God could probably pull that one off but I'm not sure why he would. If he does it for some I really wish he would have done it for me. :P

Quitting, like anything else takes work. Posting roll every day is work, even though it is a blip on the radar when compared to dragging your fingers through that can of death several times a day. I think the whole point here is that missing roll isn't cool. There are folks here who really care that you get on roll every day - because we care that you are still quit. Make a promise and keep your promise. It is so simple.

Admins, please don't delete this thread. Future quitters might learn from it.

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2016, 08:32:00 PM »
After thinking long and hard on this, I'm a God fearing man, definitely not a holy roller. I work side by side with pretty much heatherns everyday. Do I judge them,no it's not my place. They know how I feel and what I believe in, they respect me for the most part but I understand everyone is different so I say prayers for them regularly. I said all of this to say I see a lot of stuff everywhere in the world I disagree with but you must live your life. It's no different here on Ktc, you will read some really great stories of life and trials and then you will read pure crap but you don't have to like everything, God created us all different or it would have been a boring world. GDubya is a great guy. If he said things you didn't like so what, you run away from everything you don't like? If you're such a devoted Christian you should pray for him instead. This my friend, Ktc is God given and believe you me everyone in your Church is not perfect. I hope you make sense of this and maybe see a chance to witness to some here , my bible teaches me to go into homes or other not so fitting places and witness to the sinners, you ever think this may be why you found this place? Sorry for the sermon and thanks GDubya for all you do for us here! Quitters gonna keep quitting!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Doc2quit4good

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quitting since 9/18/13!!!!
  • Quit Date: 9/18/13
  • Interests: Non motorized biking, Geetar, Jazz Music(Not Jazz Flute), Quitting Skoal Forever!
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2016, 06:48:00 PM »
Differences aside, Im glad to see that you are still here in some fashion. And I hope that you will remain. Like I told you before, this is a horrific and terrible addiction. And I wish only the best for you. My style of accountability doesn't set with you and so Ill offer this up to you. If you will remain, I promise not to contact you are offer any accountability to you. Unless you were to ask. Please continue to post and reap the benefits extended to you here in KTC. You know your way around already and are perfectly able to communicate with folks in your quit group and build a network of support. I hope that you will do this. When I shared that I spent 35 years as an addict praying for change, and that it didn't happen, that was no slight against God. It was only saying that I found that God wanted me to do it on my own. And that He knew that I was able to do it. And that change began when I found KTC and drank the kool aide. I gave it all I had. And it has worked. It will work for you as well. Im am now out of here. Never to bother you again. Hope you stick around.
Take what you need and Leave the rest. You will need help later! Stay
NO MO SKOAL!!! I MEAN NEVER AGAIN!!!
Real Quit Day 9/18/2013 8th Floor 11/26/15
HOF day: 12/26/2013. 9th Floor 3/5/16
2nd Floor: 4/5/14 Comma Day 6/13/16!!!
3rd Floor 7/14/2014. 3 Years 9/18/6!!!
1 Year 9/17/2014. 11th Floor 9/21/16
4th Floor 10/22/14. 12th Floor 12/30/16
Half Comma 1/30/15. 13th Floor 4/8/17
6th Floor 5/10/15 4 Years 9/18/17!!!
7th Floor 8/18/15. 15th Floor 10/26/17
2 Years 9/17/15 16th Floor 2/3/18
5 Years 9/18/18  17th Floor 5/14/18