Author Topic: My Introduction; ProPhotoMan  (Read 3466 times)

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
Re: My Introduction; ProPhotoMan
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2016, 03:50:00 PM »
Quote from: GDubya
Differences aside, Im glad to see that you are still here in some fashion. And I hope that you will remain. Like I told you before, this is a horrific and terrible addiction. And I wish only the best for you. My style of accountability doesn't set with you and so Ill offer this up to you. If you will remain, I promise not to contact you are offer any accountability to you. Unless you were to ask. Please continue to post and reap the benefits extended to you here in KTC. You know your way around already and are perfectly able to communicate with folks in your quit group and build a network of support. I hope that you will do this. When I shared that I spent 35 years as an addict praying for change, and that it didn't happen, that was no slight against God. It was only saying that I found that God wanted me to do it on my own. And that He knew that I was able to do it. And that change began when I found KTC and drank the kool aide. I gave it all I had. And it has worked. It will work for you as well. Im am now out of here. Never to bother you again. Hope you stick around.
Take what you need and Leave the rest. You will need help later! Stay
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Gdubya

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: August 23, 2013
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2016, 02:18:00 PM »
Differences aside, Im glad to see that you are still here in some fashion. And I hope that you will remain. Like I told you before, this is a horrific and terrible addiction. And I wish only the best for you. My style of accountability doesn't set with you and so Ill offer this up to you. If you will remain, I promise not to contact you are offer any accountability to you. Unless you were to ask. Please continue to post and reap the benefits extended to you here in KTC. You know your way around already and are perfectly able to communicate with folks in your quit group and build a network of support. I hope that you will do this. When I shared that I spent 35 years as an addict praying for change, and that it didn't happen, that was no slight against God. It was only saying that I found that God wanted me to do it on my own. And that He knew that I was able to do it. And that change began when I found KTC and drank the kool aide. I gave it all I had. And it has worked. It will work for you as well. Im am now out of here. Never to bother you again. Hope you stick around.

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2016, 01:57:00 PM »
Quote from: ProPhotoMan
I am requesting an admin to please delete my account. I have posted reasons why in other areas of this forum. I am 6 days into my quit and doing very well. I have no withdraws, no urges, no mood swings, and feeling awesome. However, I will not tolerate one of your members messaging me, cussing at me, calling me names, calling me a hypocrite by telling me that God isn't real or God won't help me in my steps to being nicotine free. Being a Christian, I was appalled at his choice of words and really taken back. I wish to be permanently removed from KTC and have my profile completed deleted, since I cannot do it myself. Please do this as soon as possible.
ok need to speak up as someone who has seen quite a bit in over 4 years as to what has happened from afar and what all is capable at this site.

1 - this site does entail a brutal honesty when is comes to some. It tells the truth by the living example of those who have made it, an those who did make it be still paid the ultimate price with their own lives. It also has show what can happen when the lessons that have been tried to teach each person are not followed (as they return with a new day 1) (***note this is not the rules but the lessons).

2 - there are examples as you go back where even I say that lines get crossed in the common decency. Those examples include personal attacks against family members (wives, children), and I do have to say this case an attack against a person's religion. This is all individual based and not as a rule for this site (well at least I hope not as I never saw it written).

the grey part comes when these 2 get oh so very close to merging together. so people need to be careful.

I can only hope that PPM you can discern that the fault of one or two does not represent the whole, as in only a week, there is no way that the mind and body can re-construct itself in such a quick time (it is humanly impossible). And the lessons to learn (the how to deal with life circumstances in the absence of nicotine), are so great that one needs to learn when they want to quit.

its an individual decision but can lead to the education of many

Offline ProPhotoMan

« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2016, 01:29:00 PM »
I am requesting an admin to please delete my account. I have posted reasons why in other areas of this forum. I am 6 days into my quit and doing very well. I have no withdraws, no urges, no mood swings, and feeling awesome. However, I will not tolerate one of your members messaging me, cussing at me, calling me names, calling me a hypocrite by telling me that God isn't real or God won't help me in my steps to being nicotine free. Being a Christian, I was appalled at his choice of words and really taken back. I wish to be permanently removed from KTC and have my profile completed deleted, since I cannot do it myself. Please do this as soon as possible.

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 248
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2016, 11:11:00 PM »
This looked like a great quit story. Quitting has to be done every single day. I hope you are OK tonight brother.

Offline Gdubya

• Master of Quit
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2016, 09:36:00 PM »
Everyone has it within themselves to be able to Quit. Sadly, few find where that Quit ability lies within them.

Offline Ginet

• Quitter
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2016, 09:14:00 PM »
SLAMS HEAD INTO WALLÂ…Â….FU NICOTINEÂ…..
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. ~ Chinese Proverb
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply. ~ Stephen R. Covey

QD 12/29/13
April 2014 Resolute

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2016, 12:28:00 PM »
Quote from: Ginet
Quote from: worktowin
Quote from: AppleJack
Hey man,how's it going?
Day 3
72 hrs.

Nicotine is officially cleansed from your body.

You. Are. Clean.

However... our decades of masking it all with a chew is the hardest thing to hurdle over. Own your decision bro. Get involved and stay involved. It works.

Rock on...
One day at a time, brother.

Post roll, keep your word.

You will never have to relive the last 3 days. Nicotine is now out of your body. The rewiring of your mind is beginning - it won't be a cakewalk, but you can do this. You've got a bunch of bad asses lined up to help you; you aren't alone in this.
POST ROLL. It ain't over son.
Man, you've been given the answers. You now know how to win. We want you to win so badly... heed our advice.

You can win, or you can lose. Losing is not fun. Winning is.

Don't throw 3 days of win away.

Offline Ginet

• Quitter
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2016, 11:24:00 AM »
Hey man,how's it going?
Day 3
72 hrs.

You. Are. Clean.

However... our decades of masking it all with a chew is the hardest thing to hurdle over. Own your decision bro. Get involved and stay involved. It works.

Rock on...

You will never have to relive the last 3 days. Nicotine is now out of your body. The rewiring of your mind is beginning - it won't be a cakewalk, but you can do this. You've got a bunch of bad asses lined up to help you; you aren't alone in this.
POST ROLL. It ain't over son.
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. ~ Chinese Proverb
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply. ~ Stephen R. Covey

QD 12/29/13
April 2014 Resolute

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2016, 07:20:00 AM »
Hey man,how's it going?
Day 3
72 hrs.

You. Are. Clean.

Rock on...

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2016, 03:37:00 PM »
Hey man,how's it going?
Day 3
72 hrs.

You. Are. Clean.

Rock on...
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline ProPhotoMan

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2016, 02:24:00 PM »
Hey man,how's it going?
Day 3

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2016, 01:08:00 PM »
Hey man,how's it going?

Offline Gdubya

• Master of Quit
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2016, 06:43:00 PM »
Joe,

So thankful that the Facebook post about Todd caught your attention. Even more thankful that you responded to that post by both reaching out and also taking action. I have faith in your Quit already by the positive direction you have taken. Great job on getting your Intro done and posting your Day 1 and now your Day 2. My apologies on my delay of getting in here in your Intro. I too am a Firefighter. 23 years. On duty today and its been one of those days. Rrrr. Well you and I have not only FF'ing in common but also we are multi decade addicts. 35 years here. I was gathering recycle bottles and selling in elementary school to buy Happy Days snuff. Not everyone in here is old enough to recognize that brand name. LOL. But like I told you on FB, don't hold on to that length of time as an addict and give that any control over you. The past is the past. Your future is posting a Day 3 tomorrow.

So this is how this works. When someone says "PM" me. Do it. Hell, PM people that don't even say that. PM everyone in your Quit Group. Get to know them. Get phone numbers. Send texts all day. Turn your phone into a pocket vibrator. So much that people start wondering what the hell your smiling at. Some will know. Most will not. Those are your Quit buddies going through the suck with you. Here we Quit together. Those that build a strong circle of support around them are the ones that succeed. Those that go at it alone usually don't. Click on folks names and that's where the PM function is. In their profile. Look in the top right on any page and you will see "Inbox". That's where you'll see folks messages back to you. Next, quit watching TV at night. Get on the computer and cruise all over the KTC site. Read others intros. Read HOF speeches. Get into Chat. You will pick up bits of wisdom. You find that you share many things with folks here. Same struggles. Same doubts. Same fears. This walk of freedom has many aspects to it. Todays struggle changes. Addiction will come at you in different ways. Addiction wants you to complicate this process. But it always come back down to the simplicity of "Today". Trying to wrap the mind around being Quit forever is too much to grasp. So don't attempt it. Its just for today. Then wake up in the morning. Make your promise for the day and then post it.

As I'm sure your aware of by now, being in the November group means everyone in your group will achieve Hall of Fame in November. That means you've been Quit for 100 days. Its a carrot. Its that first goal of achievement. And its an awesome time of celebration. Its designed to establish and get rooted into your daily life the proper habit of a daily quit. You'll be there soon. Cant wait to celebrate that accomplishment with you.

And hey, don't be too distracted by Ginet's beauty or high heels. She's one Bad Ass Quitter and is one of the few survivors that are still standing in April 14. cowboy

Offline Nomore1959

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 329
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2016, 06:13:00 PM »
"Just a pinch between your cheek and gum". -- damn. Hadn't thought about those commercials all through Monday Night Football in ages. Glad to see your quit!