Author Topic: Winer Winner Chicken Dinner  (Read 8117 times)

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
Re: Winer Winner Chicken Dinner
« Reply #148 on: May 04, 2015, 08:50:00 AM »
Quote from: basshaug
Quote from: Nolaq
Quote from: Smeds
Great job on the 365 D4! Never a doubt in my mind bro, congrats!! Thanks for being a part of my quit, as well as a part of so many others ... we appreciate it!!

'dance' 'clap' 'dance'
Sweet! One trip around the sun! Congrats!
Congrats Joe! 'boob' 'band' 'band'
Hell yes! More greatness ahead man! QLF with you today.

Offline basshaug

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #147 on: May 04, 2015, 08:48:00 AM »
Quote from: Nolaq
Great job on the 365 D4! Never a doubt in my mind bro, congrats!! Thanks for being a part of my quit, as well as a part of so many others ... we appreciate it!!

'dance' 'clap' 'dance'
Congrats Joe! 'boob' 'band' 'band'

Offline Nolaq

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #146 on: May 04, 2015, 08:44:00 AM »

'dance' 'clap' 'dance'
What is your major malfunction?!?!?!?!

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
  • The bluebird can sing, but the crow's got the soul
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #145 on: May 04, 2015, 08:30:00 AM »

'dance' 'clap' 'dance'
My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Family, Beach, Fishing, BBQ
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #144 on: March 01, 2015, 01:12:00 PM »
Quote from: Dagranger
Quote from: worktowin
Quote from: trigerhapy
3rd floor, congratulations man!
Bas ass April Ape support.
Hell yes! Dude 300 is one if the big ones. Winning is easier now, right? Not a constant fight

Proud to quit with you on a milestone day!
Congrats Done4 the 300's are awesome. Congrats and thanks for all you do.
To all the new quitters, 300 is a good place to be. It's not nearly the daily fight to the point where I rarely think about dip. My focus has fully returned. I feel on top of my game. I'm not a bastard to the wife and family. Life is good.

Back when I was in double digits and early HOF stages, GrizClaws gave me some good advice. My complaint was how to keep my job and make the boss happy when I was having a hard time focusing and completing a task. Griz told me to fake it till I make it. I did the best I could and kept moving the ball forward at work thinking I was going to get canned at any time. Fast forward to last week and our annual raise/bonus conversation. Somehow I got the biggest raise and bonus I've seen in years. This is in a year where the final 8 months I was tobacco free but angst ridden.

The point for all you new guys is this: No matter how bad you think it's going, no matter how bad the urges, no matter how bad you think you're doing at work, keep plowing ahead. Worry about staying quit and doing the best you can for only that day. Tomorrow is another day. Eventually you'll hit the stage where there is little to no struggle.

When Worktowin and Dagranger told me early on that it was worth the fight, that it gets SO SO much better, I'm glad I was wise enough to listen and to persevere. For those with fresh quits stay laser focused on the desired result to be quit. You'll be in a much better place very soon.

Offline Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
« Reply #143 on: February 28, 2015, 08:11:00 PM »
Hell yes! Dude 300 is one if the big ones. Winning is easier now, right? Not a constant fight

Congrats Done4 the 300's are awesome. Congrats and thanks for all you do.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #142 on: February 28, 2015, 08:05:00 AM »

Offline trigerhapy

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 01/05/15
  • Interests: Quit for LIFE
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #141 on: February 28, 2015, 07:47:00 AM »

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #140 on: January 25, 2015, 03:54:00 PM »
Quote from: Done4Me
Appreciate the well wishes but my intent was not to fish for comments on my health, rather to get responses from mods/admins on Lipi. He played a role. Very well indeed. What's the chances of reinstatement for the good of KTC and bringing Mayhem back?

Let's discuss openly. And apologies to GMann for my comments the day he was banned.
Really? No colors want to say anything at all about Lipi?

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #139 on: January 24, 2015, 02:07:00 PM »
Appreciate the well wishes but my intent was not to fish for comments on my health, rather to get responses from mods/admins on Lipi. He played a role. Very well indeed. What's the chances of reinstatement for the good of KTC and bringing Mayhem back?

Let's discuss openly. And apologies to GMann for my comments the day he was banned.

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #138 on: January 23, 2015, 03:20:00 PM »
Glad you're back. We missed you.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #137 on: January 23, 2015, 07:35:00 AM »
Remember the fat, hairy nurse that kept giving you sponge baths? You're Welcome.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline soxfnnlansing

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-09-02
  • Interests: I am a follower of Jesus Christ. A husband and a father of a 14 year old son. A huge White Sox (hence the screen name) and Blackhawk fan. I golf, play chess, and work in construction. Living the rest of my life, one day at a time, without nicotine.
« Reply #136 on: January 22, 2015, 10:59:00 PM »
Welcome back Done4. Glad you are feeling better.
HOF Speech

Here in THIS house, we Kill the Can. If it's not a top priority, go to one of the bitch sites where they "hurt the can" or "call the can names." - Pre

This is so much more that just throwing your name on a list, it is placing your word or promise that you will not use nicotine and it should be done everyday. - MCarmo44

I need this place, because i am an addict. I cannot forget that...if i do i will forget how to quit. - Schaef418

Offline basshaug

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
« Reply #135 on: January 22, 2015, 10:54:00 PM »
Quote from: BazookaJoe
To my KTC brothers/sisters - Lots of good things have happened here lately that outweigh the bad things. Sometimes we just need perspective.

First, (although I am late on this) super big congrats to Basshaug for stepping up to moderator. This is a sizeable and active board and always good to have a fresh pair of eyes, especially young, keen eyes that are fair. He will absolutely do a fine job and is a good man albeit a bit hairy.

Next (elephant in the room), time to consider bringing back Lipi v2.0. Read how many 100 HOF train roasts and speeches call him out as instrumental. Come on guys, suck up the pride and do the right thing.

I am out of the hospital and feeling much better and am back to wake up, piss, post.
It's great to have you back Done4 and I second your motion to bring back Lipi. This place sure as hell ain't the same without him and the rest of Mayhem.
Welcome back you quit had ass. Glad you are recovering!
Welcome back done4! How many other patient's rooms did you kicked out of you creeper? 'ninja'

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #134 on: January 22, 2015, 09:03:00 PM »
Quote from: BazookaJoe
To my KTC brothers/sisters - Lots of good things have happened here lately that outweigh the bad things. Sometimes we just need perspective.

First, (although I am late on this) super big congrats to Basshaug for stepping up to moderator. This is a sizeable and active board and always good to have a fresh pair of eyes, especially young, keen eyes that are fair. He will absolutely do a fine job and is a good man albeit a bit hairy.

Next (elephant in the room), time to consider bringing back Lipi v2.0. Read how many 100 HOF train roasts and speeches call him out as instrumental. Come on guys, suck up the pride and do the right thing.

I am out of the hospital and feeling much better and am back to wake up, piss, post.
It's great to have you back Done4 and I second your motion to bring back Lipi. This place sure as hell ain't the same without him and the rest of Mayhem.
Welcome back you quit had ass. Glad you are recovering!