Author Topic: Winer Winner Chicken Dinner  (Read 8114 times)

Offline Florida Longhorn

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-02
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Winer Winner Chicken Dinner
« Reply #133 on: January 22, 2015, 07:56:00 PM »
Glad to see you back. I wouldn't be here and probably wouldn't be quit if it weren't for your encouragement.

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: August 4, 2014
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #132 on: January 22, 2015, 07:34:00 PM »
Quote from: Done4Me
To my KTC brothers/sisters - Lots of good things have happened here lately that outweigh the bad things. Sometimes we just need perspective.

First, (although I am late on this) super big congrats to Basshaug for stepping up to moderator. This is a sizeable and active board and always good to have a fresh pair of eyes, especially young, keen eyes that are fair. He will absolutely do a fine job and is a good man albeit a bit hairy.

Next (elephant in the room), time to consider bringing back Lipi v2.0. Read how many 100 HOF train roasts and speeches call him out as instrumental. Come on guys, suck up the pride and do the right thing.

I am out of the hospital and feeling much better and am back to wake up, piss, post.
It's great to have you back Done4 and I second your motion to bring back Lipi. This place sure as hell ain't the same without him and the rest of Mayhem.

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Family, Beach, Fishing, BBQ
« Reply #131 on: January 22, 2015, 03:46:00 PM »
To my KTC brothers/sisters - Lots of good things have happened here lately that outweigh the bad things. Sometimes we just need perspective.

First, (although I am late on this) super big congrats to Basshaug for stepping up to moderator. This is a sizeable and active board and always good to have a fresh pair of eyes, especially young, keen eyes that are fair. He will absolutely do a fine job and is a good man albeit a bit hairy.

Next (elephant in the room), time to consider bringing back Lipi v2.0. Read how many 100 HOF train roasts and speeches call him out as instrumental. Come on guys, suck up the pride and do the right thing.

I am out of the hospital and feeling much better and am back to wake up, piss, post.

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
  • The bluebird can sing, but the crow's got the soul
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #130 on: December 11, 2014, 04:59:00 PM »
Looks like 30 is back in blue, welcome 30.

Who is this BrianZB that joined on 12/3 with 0 posts that is now an admin?
Wow ... I thought for a minute his color was my eyes, but it says ADMIN too! Well done BrianZB, well done.
My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #129 on: December 11, 2014, 04:54:00 PM »

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #128 on: December 11, 2014, 04:54:00 PM »

Offline slug.go

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/14
  • Interests: Family, motorcycles, all sports, hunting, fishing, guns
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #127 on: November 30, 2014, 11:01:00 AM »
Quote from: Doc
My mom passed away yesterday morning. I wish that she had done so days earlier. It was tough the last few days. My sister and I have no regrets. She is now disease free and as beautiful as she was in all the pictures we looked through.

I thought about nicotine only once and that was in the Thanksgiving prayer thankful for being quit 200 plus days. Quitting with all you today and will be back to regular posting soon.
My thoughts are with you and your sister.
Thoughts and prayers.
Quit since 1/23/14

Offline Doc Chewfree

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-02-06
« Reply #126 on: November 30, 2014, 10:01:00 AM »
My mom passed away yesterday morning. I wish that she had done so days earlier. It was tough the last few days. My sister and I have no regrets. She is now disease free and as beautiful as she was in all the pictures we looked through.

I thought about nicotine only once and that was in the Thanksgiving prayer thankful for being quit 200 plus days. Quitting with all you today and will be back to regular posting soon.
My thoughts are with you and your sister.
Brave men are honored, rich men are envied, powerful men are feared, but only a man with character is trusted
Quit on Feb. 6, 2014

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #125 on: November 30, 2014, 09:02:00 AM »

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #124 on: November 26, 2014, 12:26:00 PM »
Quote from: Smeds
Burn your boats. How real is that? Do you believe? Can it be done?

My boats are burned. If I ever smoke/dip/chew you have my permission to cut my nuts off and use the skin to make a coin collector sack.

I knew I was close but now I'm there. I can say that with utmost honesty. I imagine many things can flip the switch to NAFAR. I felt it a few days back but I am convinced at this moment and it makes me oh so proud of my quit.

What steered me that way, why am I so so certain that ODAAT evolved into NAFAR? I owe it to my mom. A week ago I notified you she is in a bad place. It's amazing how quickly that turned into being in a good place. The odd part is that nothing changed. Her resolution never changed, what changed was ours, her kids.

Watching my mom move from actively living to actively dying has been awesome. Truly. She is at peace. She accepts it. No conflict, no pain, no transgressions. I can't imagine a better death.

For me, I can't imagine a better quit. I am strong, my wife supports me (very important) and integrity is the beacon. I quit today with all of you and I am confident I will quit all the tomorrows as well.
Wow, brother. You're a rock.
You know how to quit. I quit with you.
Agreed ... nice to have someone like you in our corners D4. Thoughts and positive vibes sent your way during this difficult time, you are an inspiration ... and a quit strengthener!
Thank you for posting. Thank you.

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
  • The bluebird can sing, but the crow's got the soul
« Reply #123 on: November 26, 2014, 10:35:00 AM »

My boats are burned. If I ever smoke/dip/chew you have my permission to cut my nuts off and use the skin to make a coin collector sack.

I knew I was close but now I'm there. I can say that with utmost honesty. I imagine many things can flip the switch to NAFAR. I felt it a few days back but I am convinced at this moment and it makes me oh so proud of my quit.

What steered me that way, why am I so so certain that ODAAT evolved into NAFAR? I owe it to my mom. A week ago I notified you she is in a bad place. It's amazing how quickly that turned into being in a good place. The odd part is that nothing changed. Her resolution never changed, what changed was ours, her kids.

Watching my mom move from actively living to actively dying has been awesome. Truly. She is at peace. She accepts it. No conflict, no pain, no transgressions. I can't imagine a better death.

For me, I can't imagine a better quit. I am strong, my wife supports me (very important) and integrity is the beacon. I quit today with all of you and I am confident I will quit all the tomorrows as well.
Agreed ... nice to have someone like you in our corners D4. Thoughts and positive vibes sent your way during this difficult time, you are an inspiration ... and a quit strengthener!
My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Offline Doc Chewfree

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-02-06
« Reply #122 on: November 26, 2014, 10:13:00 AM »

Brave men are honored, rich men are envied, powerful men are feared, but only a man with character is trusted
Quit on Feb. 6, 2014

Offline Lipizzaner

• BANNED
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #121 on: November 26, 2014, 12:25:00 AM »

D4, gotta tell you, although there are many emotions that a post like this could have brought out, I felt like I was in the fucking locker room at halftime of a close game, and some bad ass just got up in the middle of the room and gave a speech that made me throw my helmet down and start head butting dudes,while screaming and going fucking crazy. When you're in a room like that, you know the game is won. Its great to know you will be here with us.

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #120 on: November 25, 2014, 10:43:00 PM »
Quote from: Tuco's
Quote from: Thumblewort
I have no doubts in my mind you'll be posting roll with all of us tomorrow. You are showing all of us how to deal with life nic free head on Joe, and are an inspiration to us all. Peace be with you and your family today.
Thanks Thumb. In a big way.
Peace and comfort is all we can really ask for in the end. I've said it before and it bears repeating; you honor your Mom with your positive mindset and your resolve to stay true to your course. You are helping to give her that gift of peace and comfort each and every day.
I haven't been reading this thread the past week and just caught up on the last 10 days of your journal. That there is some heavy shit and you, my friend, have been riding an emotional roller coaster worthy of it's own ride at Disney. But despite that, there's one constant that you have masterfully illustrated AND demonstrated. The quit is impenetrable. It's like a rock that keeps you in check and is immovable. THAT is how you foster a quit. THAT is how you own your quit. THAT is how you persevere no matter what the circumstance. THAT is how you inspire. AND THAT, is how you QLF.

Thanks Done4, thanks for sharing and bringing us along for the ride. My thoughts will be with you.
Certified Grade A Badass

Offline Tuco

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 7/27/2014
  • Likes Given: 48
« Reply #119 on: November 25, 2014, 10:21:00 PM »
Quote from: Thumblewort
I have no doubts in my mind you'll be posting roll with all of us tomorrow. You are showing all of us how to deal with life nic free head on Joe, and are an inspiration to us all. Peace be with you and your family today.
Thanks Thumb. In a big way.
Peace and comfort is all we can really ask for in the end. I've said it before and it bears repeating; you honor your Mom with your positive mindset and your resolve to stay true to your course. You are helping to give her that gift of peace and comfort each and every day.