Author Topic: Souli to AVain, Souli to AVain...come in AVain  (Read 10917 times)

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Souli to AVain, Souli to AVain...come in AVain
« Reply #218 on: December 21, 2013, 09:49:00 AM »
Quote from: Souliman

I quit today.

I'm quit and rarely do I think otherwise. But it still happens that there is some nasty little heathen nic bitch hiding in a corner somewhere looking to sink her claws into my back. I've been driving north to Vermont since I left it. Its a ritual that is absolutely comforting to me especially this time of year. So many holidays and birthdays have pulled me up route 89 North. Up until 1118 days ago, everyone of those flooding my body with poisons continuously for 4 or 5 hours. The Soulmobile was meant for dipping. When I bought it, the previous owner had left an emergency tin in the glove box under the seat. What were the fucking chances an old can of Copenhagen would be in there? Blew my mind. Weather got nasty last night...ice storm (to which I will add 'F U Scowick' :). Stopped off and found the largest display of tobacco products I have ever seen. It was unbelievable. And just at that moment, I felt it. It was like there was no time between that day I put in my last dip and today. Like those 1118 days and the pain and the struggle and the accountability and honor disappeared. I'm an addict. I'll always be an addict. Grabbed a juice bottle and a water and two bags of sun flower seeds (original and ranch which I now regret). Made it north in one piece...body and 'my word' intact.
Scary how she is always there. You are quit I am quit not worth a day 1 Souli
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #217 on: December 21, 2013, 08:31:00 AM »

I quit today.

I'm quit and rarely do I think otherwise. But it still happens that there is some nasty little heathen nic bitch hiding in a corner somewhere looking to sink her claws into my back. I've been driving north to Vermont since I left it. Its a ritual that is absolutely comforting to me especially this time of year. So many holidays and birthdays have pulled me up route 89 North. Up until 1118 days ago, everyone of those flooding my body with poisons continuously for 4 or 5 hours. The Soulmobile was meant for dipping. When I bought it, the previous owner had left an emergency tin in the glove box under the seat. What were the fucking chances an old can of Copenhagen would be in there? Blew my mind. Weather got nasty last night...ice storm (to which I will add 'F U Scowick' :). Stopped off and found the largest display of tobacco products I have ever seen. It was unbelievable. And just at that moment, I felt it. It was like there was no time between that day I put in my last dip and today. Like those 1118 days and the pain and the struggle and the accountability and honor disappeared. I'm an addict. I'll always be an addict. Grabbed a juice bottle and a water and two bags of sun flower seeds (original and ranch which I now regret). Made it north in one piece...body and 'my word' intact.

Offline ERDVM

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Cold Beer, Warm Whiskey, Good Friends, Loose Women.
« Reply #216 on: August 26, 2013, 04:33:00 PM »
Quote from: FIGHTIN-IGNORANCE
Quote from: CBird65
Quote from: Evil_Won
Quote from: Radman
Quote from: 2mch2lv4
Quote from: Scowick65
Help me give props to the zen of quit.  1,000 days of bringing it.  This thread is worth a read.  Thanks bro.

Scodaddy
'worship'
Happy to be quit with you and proud to call you a friend. Well done, bro.
Congrats on 1,000. That is inspirational to keep at this.
You are a quit machine!
Awesome! You are a true Role Model of Quit!
My scrotum is shorn slick in your honor sir.

Offline FIGHTIN-IGNORANCE

• Quitter
  • Interests: Studying the "Word", My Two Boys, Hunting, fishing, Softball, Roller Hockey, learning to play acoustic guitar,
« Reply #215 on: August 26, 2013, 04:27:00 PM »
Quote from: CBird65
Help me give props to the zen of quit.  1,000 days of bringing it.  This thread is worth a read.  Thanks bro.

Scodaddy
'worship'
You are a quit machine!
Awesome! You are a true Role Model of Quit!
Quit Date 6/26/2013
DUCK FIP'S FOR LIFE!!
'KICKIN THE CAN' All Day Long!
Complancency sucks,one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

Someone, somewhere out there is suffering through a more intense crave than me and that person is staying quit. As will I. -JoeMellow

The connection of a common problem is strong, but the connection of a common solution is even stronger.-gorilla1

When we think we can't quit... We can... Cause ducks fly together... When the craves are to much to handle... Us ducks fly together.... When you want to cave... You won't... Because ducks fly together. Per our Jpete328
Freedom Started 06/26/2013....Freedom continues because of my choice and accountability from MY FELLOW DUCKS! QUACK ! QUACK! Thank You!

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 710
« Reply #214 on: August 26, 2013, 02:10:00 PM »

Scodaddy
'worship'
You are a quit machine!
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45 46

Assurance

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
« Reply #213 on: August 26, 2013, 01:32:00 PM »

Scodaddy
'worship'
"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #212 on: August 26, 2013, 01:24:00 PM »

Scodaddy
'worship'

Offline 2mch2lv4

• Quit Pro
« Reply #211 on: August 26, 2013, 12:46:00 PM »
Help me give props to the zen of quit. 1,000 days of bringing it. This thread is worth a read. Thanks bro.

Scodaddy
'worship'

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #210 on: August 26, 2013, 12:08:00 PM »
Help me give props to the zen of quit. 1,000 days of bringing it. This thread is worth a read. Thanks bro.

Scodaddy

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #209 on: July 06, 2013, 12:47:00 PM »
Quote from: Mjollnir
I'm not one for sympathy. I'm in the camp that you fight and as long as you fought to the end with every fiber of your soul putting forth the effort, the win-loss columns are immaterial. I was real sick recently...I'm still real sick. The men and women from this group that reached out to me, to support me through this I want to thank. The prayers, the well wishes, the humor for distraction was beyond what a sod like me deserves. My foul mouth and low drag attitude will cost me in the end but I've been humbled by you all today. I love you all. A sincere thank you to all you incredible people in my world.
We are all individually a part of the whole. Glad you are doing well brother.
Thank you Soul. Keep bringing the quit.

Offline Mjollnir

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #208 on: July 06, 2013, 12:28:00 PM »
I'm not one for sympathy. I'm in the camp that you fight and as long as you fought to the end with every fiber of your soul putting forth the effort, the win-loss columns are immaterial. I was real sick recently...I'm still real sick. The men and women from this group that reached out to me, to support me through this I want to thank. The prayers, the well wishes, the humor for distraction was beyond what a sod like me deserves. My foul mouth and low drag attitude will cost me in the end but I've been humbled by you all today. I love you all. A sincere thank you to all you incredible people in my world.
We are all individually a part of the whole. Glad you are doing well brother.

Offline KC_Guy

• Quitter
« Reply #207 on: July 05, 2013, 11:29:00 PM »

I quit today.

I spent years self medicating. Several of those overlapped with my two beautiful sons being in this world. I didn't quit anything for anyone but me. A friend of a quitter here, Benjie said "soul make every moment this weekend count." Sure as shit I jumped all over it. Every moment. Every moment. I started asking myself "well what's possible at this moment?" What can I do? What do I want? I started answering those questions. I looked in the mirror and smiled. I'm going to own it. It's amazing what you can do when you just slow down, take a look at yourself and all that is there. All that you've done and decide what you want and what you're willing to do to get it. I fucking quit today. Fuck you if you try to take any of these moments from me. I'll fight for them. And you can fucking count on the level of pain I will suffer to get what I want being infinitely deeper than the power of a marketing campaign or the stupidity of a coworker with a mouth full of dirt. I cannot be stopped.
Hey man today was day 47 for me. I see dudes like you rollin up on day 949. All I gotta say is that's bad ass. For a "newbie" like myself to see vets quit for that long helps feed my fire to stay quit. I have never talked with you before. But thank you for posting. Thank you for showing me that 949 days is possible. It's easy to quit when you have badass mofo's like this guy leading the way.
Quit Date 05/20/2013

HOF 08/27/13
2nd Floor 12/5/13
3rd Floor 3/15/14
4th Floor 6/23/14
5th Floor 10/1/14

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
« Reply #206 on: July 05, 2013, 10:11:00 PM »

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
« Reply #205 on: July 05, 2013, 10:02:00 PM »

I quit today.

I spent years self medicating. Several of those overlapped with my two beautiful sons being in this world. I didn't quit anything for anyone but me. A friend of a quitter here, Benjie said "soul make every moment this weekend count." Sure as shit I jumped all over it. Every moment. Every moment. I started asking myself "well what's possible at this moment?" What can I do? What do I want? I started answering those questions. I looked in the mirror and smiled. I'm going to own it. It's amazing what you can do when you just slow down, take a look at yourself and all that is there. All that you've done and decide what you want and what you're willing to do to get it. I fucking quit today. Fuck you if you try to take any of these moments from me. I'll fight for them. And you can fucking count on the level of pain I will suffer to get what I want being infinitely deeper than the power of a marketing campaign or the stupidity of a coworker with a mouth full of dirt. I cannot be stopped.

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 710
« Reply #204 on: July 03, 2013, 11:27:00 AM »
Quote from: kana
Quote from: jaynellie
Quote from: AppleJack

I quit today.

Fucking eh. I love this place. Look at the fucking power flowing through you bitches. Powerful stuff. The support. You can't buy support like this. Anyone of these fuckers would walk through the fire with you. Anyone of them would pick up the phone in your hour of need. Use the tools. Use the titans of quit that walk beside you.

Thanks for kicking ass daily.

-Soul
AWESOME.
x2 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The zen of quit speaks.
he led the way, now my quit talks to soulimans quitlol
breath deep the essence of quitdom!
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45 46

Assurance