Author Topic: Souli to AVain, Souli to AVain...come in AVain  (Read 10922 times)

Offline ERDVM

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Cold Beer, Warm Whiskey, Good Friends, Loose Women.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Souli to AVain, Souli to AVain...come in AVain
« Reply #188 on: February 16, 2013, 02:42:00 PM »
Quote from: Souliman
Quote from: Mthomas3824

There is no rear view mirror right now. Pedal is firm beneath my foot. The Soulmobile is heading down the road with a full tank of gas. Not sure how far I'm going but I'm behind the wheel today. I got White Snake on the boom box in the back seat and my mullet is looking fucking sharp. Look out bitches. I own today.

-Soul
Now I have that song in my head, "going down the only road I've ever known".

I'll quit with you, your mullet and white snake today. I am a bald man but sport a mullet in spirit with ya today.

810! Awesomeness.
MT

I shave my entire body once a month. That's how Soul rolls. Bald is beautiful my friend.

Keep killing it brother.

-Soul
Aint no Souli like a shorn Souli ... shocker

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #187 on: February 16, 2013, 02:32:00 PM »
Quote from: Mthomas3824

There is no rear view mirror right now. Pedal is firm beneath my foot. The Soulmobile is heading down the road with a full tank of gas. Not sure how far I'm going but I'm behind the wheel today. I got White Snake on the boom box in the back seat and my mullet is looking fucking sharp. Look out bitches. I own today.

-Soul

I'll quit with you, your mullet and white snake today. I am a bald man but sport a mullet in spirit with ya today.

810! Awesomeness.
MT

I shave my entire body once a month. That's how Soul rolls. Bald is beautiful my friend.

Keep killing it brother.

-Soul

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #186 on: February 16, 2013, 02:27:00 PM »

-Soul

810! Awesomeness.
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
« Reply #185 on: February 16, 2013, 02:06:00 PM »

-Soul

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #184 on: January 09, 2013, 10:32:00 AM »
Just making sure you read the zen of quit.

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #183 on: October 22, 2012, 07:46:00 AM »
Quote from: LLCope
Day 691

The funk sucks...be prepared. You will survive. You will see the other side. You will be strong as steel once again. Your footsteps will shake the ground on the other side. One step at a time. One day at a time.

Bring on the funk

Fight. Plan. Protect.

You can do this. You will do this. You will own the nic bitch. You will rise above the pain of breaking the bonds of addiction. You will stare into the mirror and see a fucking bad ass. You will achieve your goal of 24 hours. You will be a man or women of substance. Your "word" will carry you through to morning.

I don't like candy asses. I don't like bullshit quit day parties or "tomorrow quitters". I want to hear folks that own today. They control their future. They know exactly what's going on and own up to the choices they have made to this very moment. Those fuckers will survive. Those fuckers help me survive.

Look into that mirror. Who do you see? Answer that question. Do you see someone who can overcome? Someone who sees freedom and will claw through broken glass to get it? That's what I see. I see a guy who will bash you if you try taking that freedom from me. I will not concede. I suggest you do the same.
Just Post this on your wall next to the picture of Jesus!
This is kick-ass quit, brother!! Got my Monday off to an excellent start. I'll see you here tomorrow.

Offline LLCope

• Quitter
« Reply #182 on: October 22, 2012, 06:28:00 AM »
Day 691

The funk sucks...be prepared. You will survive. You will see the other side. You will be strong as steel once again. Your footsteps will shake the ground on the other side. One step at a time. One day at a time.

Bring on the funk

Fight. Plan. Protect.

You can do this. You will do this. You will own the nic bitch. You will rise above the pain of breaking the bonds of addiction. You will stare into the mirror and see a fucking bad ass. You will achieve your goal of 24 hours. You will be a man or women of substance. Your "word" will carry you through to morning.

I don't like candy asses. I don't like bullshit quit day parties or "tomorrow quitters". I want to hear folks that own today. They control their future. They know exactly what's going on and own up to the choices they have made to this very moment. Those fuckers will survive. Those fuckers help me survive.

Look into that mirror. Who do you see? Answer that question. Do you see someone who can overcome? Someone who sees freedom and will claw through broken glass to get it? That's what I see. I see a guy who will bash you if you try taking that freedom from me. I will not concede. I suggest you do the same.
Just Post this on your wall next to the picture of Jesus!
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can do without" HD Thoreau

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
« Reply #181 on: October 20, 2012, 09:39:00 PM »
Day 691

Bring on the funk

Fight. Plan. Protect.

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
« Reply #180 on: October 03, 2012, 10:27:00 PM »
Day 674

Don't chew tobacco fucksticks...

Gruen

Run from this path. Fight for every fucking inch away from this possible future. Separate yourself. Make it your past and watch it get further and further from you.

Do this.

Offline jrws

• Quitter
    • voodoobuddha.net
  • Interests: Snowboarding/snowshoeing, skydiving, fast cars, knives, A/V, smart engineering, squash, DIY electronics, and all kinds of mental/psychic/physical competitions: logic, strategy, endurance, and tactical games.
« Reply #179 on: August 20, 2012, 05:34:00 PM »
(http://voodoobuddha.net/souli/hitprimate.jpg)
I have to earn this signature line - one day of roll at a time

Offline Coach Steve

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Being quit. Staying quit. Pretty much just quitting like fuck.
« Reply #178 on: August 16, 2012, 05:21:00 PM »
Quote from: Scowick65
Quote from: Radman
Quote from: SirDerek
Quote from: Dchogs
Day 624

I quit today. I used to spend several hours a day on here, specifically in the intros section in the past. I forgot the power of this spot right here. The humility it takes to say you are an addict and understand that you have to work from a disadvantage to achieve what you want is difficult but the first big win. Its step one to changing yourself. Its powerful. Truly powerful. I'm grateful to have found this place and met the folks I have.

If any of you newbs haven't been to a quitter convention yet, find one near by. I have not met a quitter that isn't powerful and a complete character. Incredible folks. Empowering.
good words, brother soul. i miss having the time to spend hours here. granted, i was forcing that time into my schedule before during my early quit days, but it was so valuable and reinforced what i was doing.

i'm hoping that life (well, mainly work... and that ain't all of life!) slows down to a degree that i can be back and more active. helping new quitters is a great way to strengthen your own quit, and that's something that every quitter needs... at 458, 624, or 2311 days. hell, i know for a fact that soul and i strengthened each other's quits when i was just cutting my teeth in here.

good seeing you here, soul, and most importantly, good seeing you on the Quithead roll call each day. it means a lot to still have your support.
Don't think I'm not showing up in Aug'12 each day to make sure you folks aren't slacking. You fuckers used to spread the gospel of quit everywhere you went, like you were selling snake oil or "I got pipe" Nancy Kerrigan t-shirts or something. If quit had ratings, that group would come in a brown paper wrapper. You guys are certainly a part of my foundation. Thanks DC.
I need to run into you two, as what I have seen, very knowledgeable and helpful to us new quitters - always welcome to stop by the Oct12 group too, in order to spread your wisdom.
Aug'11 I meant.
Rock on, Soul!! Keep fighting the good fight, brother.
me likey! ;)
Good stuff. Time for a shameless plug: If you guys want to get more involved with the newer groups then just put your name on the mentors list in the Adopt a Quitter Program. You'd be able to work with a new quitter through the HOF without having to spend hours on KTC everyday. Make sure you're the responsive type cause we're not big fans of having to track vets down.
Make Your Decision

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #177 on: August 16, 2012, 04:29:00 PM »
Quote from: Radman
Day 624

I quit today. I used to spend several hours a day on here, specifically in the intros section in the past. I forgot the power of this spot right here. The humility it takes to say you are an addict and understand that you have to work from a disadvantage to achieve what you want is difficult but the first big win. Its step one to changing yourself. Its powerful. Truly powerful. I'm grateful to have found this place and met the folks I have.

If any of you newbs haven't been to a quitter convention yet, find one near by. I have not met a quitter that isn't powerful and a complete character. Incredible folks. Empowering.
good words, brother soul. i miss having the time to spend hours here. granted, i was forcing that time into my schedule before during my early quit days, but it was so valuable and reinforced what i was doing.

i'm hoping that life (well, mainly work... and that ain't all of life!) slows down to a degree that i can be back and more active. helping new quitters is a great way to strengthen your own quit, and that's something that every quitter needs... at 458, 624, or 2311 days. hell, i know for a fact that soul and i strengthened each other's quits when i was just cutting my teeth in here.

good seeing you here, soul, and most importantly, good seeing you on the Quithead roll call each day. it means a lot to still have your support.
Don't think I'm not showing up in Aug'12 each day to make sure you folks aren't slacking. You fuckers used to spread the gospel of quit everywhere you went, like you were selling snake oil or "I got pipe" Nancy Kerrigan t-shirts or something. If quit had ratings, that group would come in a brown paper wrapper. You guys are certainly a part of my foundation. Thanks DC.
I need to run into you two, as what I have seen, very knowledgeable and helpful to us new quitters - always welcome to stop by the Oct12 group too, in order to spread your wisdom.
Aug'11 I meant.
me likey! ;)

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #176 on: August 16, 2012, 07:35:00 AM »
Day 624

Aug'11 I meant.

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
« Reply #175 on: August 15, 2012, 06:09:00 PM »
Day 624

Aug'11 I meant.

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
« Reply #174 on: August 15, 2012, 06:03:00 PM »
Day 624