Author Topic: Really... NEED HELP  (Read 3362 times)

Offline G

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
Re: Really... NEED HELP
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2011, 04:49:00 PM »
I had the same thought. I'll quit after school. That turned into I won't dip at my office or during working hours. I think that lasted a day or two. Next up was that I would quit upon marriage. I got married, but didn't quit. Then my daughter was on the way and I declared to myself (not to my wife or anyone else, because down deep I knew I'd never quit) that I'd quit before she was born. I left wife and baby in the hospital to go hide and dip. My family would all wonder where I had been, but the lies were "necessary" because I needed a fix.

Don't listen to your brain right now. It's all fucked up with addict thinking and nicotine trying to convince you to have just one. If you've spent more than five hours reading on this site, you know there is no such thing as "just one." Folks who have been quit for 8 and 15 years are in here posting roll (TODAY) and having to endure this bullshit again because of "just one."

If I could cram what I know into your 19 year old head, nic wouldn't have a chance with you today. You'd get laid a whole bunch, too, of course.

Seriously, you not only CAN do this...you NEED to do this. Don't waste another second letting that shit control your life, take your money and be the doosh bag friend who won't leave.

Let's get it done. Yell if you need anything.

Offline canslave

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2011, 04:37:00 PM »
yes, drinking is not even an opition for at least 3 or 4 weeks. REAL TALK
Gota do it... got to

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2011, 04:34:00 PM »
Quote from: canslave
there's some dumb voice in my head that keeps saying " hey your 19, u can quit dip when your done with college" You don't have to worry about cancer iff you only use for 5 years". Trying to combat these thoughts, stressing me the hell out to be honest.
You will always have a little voice whispering in your ear that it is OK to give in. Sometimes, she is silent and watching. Sometimes, she's screaming and won't wait.

Don't listen. Read some hof speeches. Go to chat. Do whatever it takes.

And don't even think of drinking for a little while.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline canslave

• Quitter
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2011, 04:28:00 PM »
there's some dumb voice in my head that keeps saying " hey your 19, u can quit dip when your done with college" You don't have to worry about cancer iff you only use for 5 years". Trying to combat these thoughts, stressing me the hell out to be honest.
Gota do it... got to

Offline Notdeadyet

• Quitter
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2011, 03:50:00 PM »
feeling like a crack addict right now. I can't get dip out of my damn head. Thats all I can think about. UGHHHHH!
You feel like an addict because you are an addict. Don't ever forget this. You never want to go through it again. Stay busy. Stay distracted. Run, bike, lift, ping pong, tennis, play catch, sex, punching bag, read this site, just do anything but don't put that shit in your lip ever again. I promise it will get better real soon (though the days seem like an eternity for you right now.)
38 yr slave
Dumbass No More 8/31/2011

Anyone can stop, but can you quit? A "Stopper" versus a "Quitter"

Dumbass No More - A Quitter's Tale Of Ending Stupid Behavior

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2011, 03:32:00 PM »
feeling like a crack addict right now.  I can't get dip out of my damn head.  Thats all I can think about.  UGHHHHH!
Nothing this addictive can possibly be good for you. I have to admit, Big Tobacco has fined tuned their effort in ensuring you never quit.

But, 'finger point' going to stop us from quitting.

Offline canslave

• Quitter
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2011, 03:29:00 PM »
feeling like a crack addict right now. I can't get dip out of my damn head. Thats all I can think about. UGHHHHH!
Gota do it... got to

Offline canslave

• Quitter
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2011, 02:14:00 PM »
J-Dawg- Thanx bro. Havin my first real rough crave... Pressin forward though. I just keep thinking to myself " no turd in lip". How's your quit going today man? 'i know your a bit farther then me into this all
Gota do it... got to

Offline J-Dawg

• Quitter
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2011, 02:09:00 PM »
Canslave, your enthusiasm and confidence is contagious and addictive in itself. We got this, bro.

Quit Date: 10/4/2011--HOF Date: 1/11/2012--2nd Floor: 4/20/2012--3rd Floor: 7/29/2012

Offline magnum9

• Quit Pro
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2011, 01:47:00 PM »
Notdeadyet- Im very pumped for this... and really fuckin scared lol
I often here the saying that if quitting was easy everyone would do it. But I really do not believe that at all.

If it was easy I think we would all have an easy excuse to keep using. We might say "it is so easy to quit I will just do it until *insert excuse here*". We might all wait until we start seeing white spots on our gums and quit until they are gone. Eventually they don't go away...

I really don't know if I could ever quit again because of how afraid I was and how hard it was to quit. I remember those days as being the toughest thing I have ever done and I just don't ever want that again. So remaining quit is my best choice.

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2011, 01:20:00 PM »
Zach56- Bro, Lets Do This! No more man i'm climbing on board. I want freedom! I'll make sure to contact you or anyone else if things get to rough for me today
Oustanding!! This thread right here is what KTC is all about! This shit has just made my Friday great. Here we have a new, undecided, cautious potential quitter tiptoeing around the kiddie pool. We also have some badass quitters (new and old) who have coaxed him onto the diving board, and then taught him how to swim. Very nicely done, folks.... y'all have strengthened my QUIT today.
Obviously thats bullshit, especially hearing from some of u older guys who it sounds like, wished they quit a lonnng time ago.
I just wanted add that this, my friend, is the understatement of the century. I'll never completely forgive myself.

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2011, 11:57:00 AM »
Yes, scary stuff. This will help. Since you are in the January 2012 quit group, go find the January 2011 quit group. Start reading from day 1. You will read and learn in advance what to expect. You will see the freedom start to shine from the quitters. You will learn their pitfalls and be able to anticipate and recognize them.

You can do this. You have the support.

Offline LLCope

• Quitter
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2011, 11:34:00 AM »
I was scared, depressed, anxious, nervous, angry and sad--Now I am proud, happy, enthusiastic and free. The bad feelings lose and the good feelings win as you make that promise to your brothers daily---keep making that promise---ONE DAY AT A TIME!!!! Before you know it, you will be free.

THIS PLACE WORKS----YOU GOT THIS!
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can do without" HD Thoreau

Offline Parputt

• Quit King
  • Quit date: 1-13-2011
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2011, 06:45:00 AM »
Fear in this situation is a good thing. If you never what to feel this way again, stay quit.
QD:  1-13-11
HOF: 4-22-11
Sobriety date: 3-4-07

One is one too many
One more is never enough

This Is My Quit

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose ~ Dr. Seuss

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2011, 06:38:00 AM »
Quote from: gmann
It's okay. We were all scared. One day at a time. We are all proof that it can be done. 110% and never give up. Get up early and post your day 2 promise and then stick close to this site and continue reading. Lean on us to help you. Yell if you need anything.
I'll second that. Its amazing how scary it is. And you know what happens?

When you get on the other side of this and see exactly how small and meaningless tobacco is to you after you're clean, you'll be a different man. You'll start asking yourself questions like "Why the hell was I scared of that? What exactly is scary anymore? What else have I been scared to do?" Then, life begins again. And you and me and Gmann and all these folks are better people for it. Hence, the slogan "its simple but it ain't easy". Its never easy...you know that from the start. But you realize its simple after you quit and can see who you are and who you used to be.

Fight.