Author Topic: New Here  (Read 3071 times)

Offline MikeA

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New Here
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2010, 05:55:00 PM »
Quote from: NDvictory88
Can this legitimately count as my day 1 since i have dipped today though?
yes, the day you quit is your day 1 even if it is 11:59pm.....but don't wait till then.

Offline MikeA

• Quit Pro
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2010, 05:54:00 PM »
that's a great idea scooners.
First thing you do to everyone you meet and talk to this weekend is tell them you quit on Wednesday. They way if they see you dipping they can give you hell. Who wants to catch hell from a stripper?

Offline NDvictory88

• Quitter
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2010, 05:52:00 PM »
Can this legitimately count as my day 1 since i have dipped today though?
QUIT LIKE A CHAMPION TODAY!

Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an horrible cunt... thats me.

Quit Date: 11-17-10

Offline scooners

• Quitter
  • Interests: Snowboarding, smoking meat and cooking, watching football, camping, target shooting, bike riding, not chooing.
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2010, 05:46:00 PM »
Your right, I came here for a reason, to get help. What would your ideas for my upcoming bachelor party weekend be?
I was not facing a bachelor party like you, but when I quit, I became a big fucking blabber mouth, very enthusiastic too. Everybody I could tell I did, up front and in their face, dippers, non-dippers, friends, cats, dogs, family, cousins, uncles, co-workers, bosses, affiliates, the curtains, everyone and everything. The first thing I found out was how supportive all of those people can be, oddly enough - even the people who dipped. I was a little worried that I would catch shit from my friends who contunue to dip to this day, but they were very supportive and probably a little bit jealous that I have quit.

As far as getting shit from your friends, don't good friends rib each other anyways. I know my buds always give me crap, name calling, jokes, jibes, ribs and what not. I don't know your friends or even you, but damn, you got to think about you and quitting tobacco rather than you and what your friends may say or not. It is not thier choice, it is yours, you control it they don't. I was called a pussy once by a dipper, I challenged the fucker right then and there to toss his can in the toilet and flush, could not do it - stare down winner here.

So - how do you get through this weekend bender, great question - I have not faced that scenario, but get lots of crap to eat, gum (non-nic), seeds, and what ever else, then get ready for the ride. Just think, if you can make this trip and come back quit - the rest will be easy.
Quit Date 10/09/2010; HOF 1/17/2011
Cancer and Death will not work on your Time Table, why work on Theirs - Quit Today.
If you fail to plan, plan to fail.
The older I get, the better I was - made an even bigger improvment the day I quit dip.
HOF Speech

Offline MikeA

• Quit Pro
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2010, 05:30:00 PM »
In April 2010 we helped a brother, Phat Pauly, through a similar situation. He left with 10 numbers of fellow quitters who were all willing to take calls and help him through it. You need to post day 1 right now and tell your situation to your new brothers, and sisters, in Feb 2011. Ask for numbers, you will get them. During the weekend, call, text, email these new friends who are all going through the same thing you are.
You should also volunteer to be the designated driver all weekend. I guarantee the tits and ass will look and smell just as sweet sober and dip free.
Pack gum, mints, beef jerky, sweets any food you like. Eat all you want too, eat everything in site.

Just think right now how fucking strong your quit will be Monday morning if you do this right now. There is no was in hell on Monday morning you will wake up wishing you had dipped all weekend, no way in hell. If you do dip, knowing what you know now, you will wake up feeling like the slave to the nic bitch that you are.

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2010, 05:20:00 PM »
Your right, I came here for a reason, to get help. What would your ideas for my upcoming bachelor party weekend be?
There you go Gents. I don't have time to respond to this with any detail. Be constructive Gents. You pushed, he responded with more questions. Time to strap on the helping caps.

Offline NDvictory88

• Quitter
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2010, 05:18:00 PM »

Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an horrible cunt... thats me.

Offline MikeA

• Quit Pro
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2010, 05:12:00 PM »
Im going to do this and do it my way.
Then leave us out of it.
You came here for a reason. Your way has failed you before. Your way sucks. Do it our way and you will be quit for life.

Offline MikeA

• Quit Pro
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2010, 05:10:00 PM »
Our methods have helped many people quit and stay quit. If ND quits right now and listens to us and allows us to describe a plan for him this weekend he will make it and he will be quit before, during, and after the party. He just ain't got the balls to do.

Yep, I know exactly who you are even after 2 posts.

Offline NDvictory88

• Quitter
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2010, 05:09:00 PM »
Well the reason i reacted like I did was because I felt as if I was being straight attacked, and when I feel attacked the only way I know how to react is to get defensive and attack back. So I apologize for reacting the way I did. Regardless, I am doing this. I have a quit plan in place for myself. Went and bought the supplies I feel like i am going to need for the quit (seeds, gum, altoids, beef jerky chew etc ...). Called my family and friends and told them what i was doing so i could get there support. Im going to do this and do it my way. I know i am stronger than this and I know i can beat it.

Offline GlennFtheKodiak

• Quitter
  • Interests: Gym and Coaching and Running Pop Warner Program. I'll fuck all you mother fuckers up.
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2010, 04:50:00 PM »
Quote from: DizzyDude
Quote from: CalNotKodiakBears
Quote from: MikeA
Quote from: CalNotKodiakBears
Welcome aboard NDVictory.

I see you have a quit planned for Monday.  I too have had MANY successful planned quits.  They were so successful that I decided to repeat the process a dozen times over the last 10 years until I found this site.

Sarcasm aside, I'm glad to see MikeA in here responding and doing what he does.  He may not know it, but he was instrumental in my quit.  On 3/19 I posted my intro, and the fact that I had a quit planned in the near future.  His response (and I paraphrase):

"I bet you have a busy weekend planned of dipping and watching March Madness.  Guess what, with or without dip, your brackets will still suck.  Man up and quit now."

Guess what.  Other than his knock on my brackets (which were perfect, BTW) he was spot on.  That's the thing about this site.  All of the vets have been here before, attempted multiple failed "planned quits".  I challenge you to find one HOFer that agrees with the planned quit method.  It doesn't work.

On 3/19, I scrapped my planned quit, took out the lip turd, dumped the can and I have been nic free ever since.  250 days +/-.

Quit now.  Post Day 1 in the Feb group, and embrace the suck.
Thanks Cal....once you have quit then you help others quit and hearing that you were able to help just 1 guy makes it worth it. I have been called an asshole 100+ times but being thanked once will keep me the asshole I am.
Word!
The Now question comes up a lot in here. This is how I answered it.
that was pure beauty Dizzy, pure beauty.
football rules, soccer drools

HOF: July 7th, 2009

Offline Keddy

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Break the Chains
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2010, 04:50:00 PM »
Wow dude, how can you tell me my intentions are bullshit after I post 2 paragraphs on here. You don't know what I did before I came to this site. Because actually two days ago I went and saw my doctor and came up with a quit plan. It is based on my doctors recommendations that I set the date after the bachelor party because alcohol is such a big trigger for me. Also, he recommended that my quit date be the start of a regular week for me, regarding work, house chores, etc ...  If I was not serious about this I wouldn't have gone to the doctor and worked with him to get help and figure out the best way to do this, let alone come here, register, and post on a support group. Also, you don't know what kind of relationship my friends and I have. They could care less whether I dip or not. If I did not dip in front of them they wouldn't look at me like a pussy.  The problem lies in their offering me one everytime they took one. Which would be constantly with the amount of people who dip on the trip. I came here for support man. Perhaps I've come to the wrong place for that, if this is the way I am going to get talked to when I post on here.
I'm a "newbie" here too (on day 24 of my quit). At first, the in-your-face attitude of these guys caught me by surprise as well. But please listen to them. The only way you're going to succeed is to approach your quit with no excuses and no compromise. When you can truly say, "I'm doin' this now!" and mean it, you'll be on your way.

Go for it. Now!

Offline appaloosa

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: November 10, 2010
  • Interests: black angus cattle, farming, hunting, fishing, restoring antique tractors, machining, blacksmithing
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2010, 04:49:00 PM »
Wow dude, how can you tell me my intentions are bullshit after I post 2 paragraphs on here. You don't know what I did before I came to this site. Because actually two days ago I went and saw my doctor and came up with a quit plan. It is based on my doctors recommendations that I set the date after the bachelor party because alcohol is such a big trigger for me. Also, he recommended that my quit date be the start of a regular week for me, regarding work, house chores, etc ... If I was not serious about this I wouldn't have gone to the doctor and worked with him to get help and figure out the best way to do this, let alone come here, register, and post on a support group. Also, you don't know what kind of relationship my friends and I have. They could care less whether I dip or not. If I did not dip in front of them they wouldn't look at me like a pussy. The problem lies in their offering me one everytime they took one. Which would be constantly with the amount of people who dip on the trip. I came here for support man. Perhaps I've come to the wrong place for that, if this is the way I am going to get talked to when I post on here.
I don't know about that doctor you have there, he's probably not too familiar with this particular addiction. You need to listen to the people that have been in the exact same position as you. Did you read about the risks of mouth  throat cancer? Did you look at the pictures? If not, find them and look at them, as that is the future that you risk. Don't waste another moment of your life on this self-destructive habit.
Experience is a hard teacher.  She gives the test first, and the lesson afterwards.

Day #3000 - 1/27/19
31st floor    - 5/7/19
32nd floor   - 8/15/19

Offline DeezNutzz

• Quitter
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2010, 04:29:00 PM »
Wow dude, how can you tell me my intentions are bullshit after I post 2 paragraphs on here. You don't know what I did before I came to this site. Because actually two days ago I went and saw my doctor and came up with a quit plan. It is based on my doctors recommendations that I set the date after the bachelor party because alcohol is such a big trigger for me. Also, he recommended that my quit date be the start of a regular week for me, regarding work, house chores, etc ... If I was not serious about this I wouldn't have gone to the doctor and worked with him to get help and figure out the best way to do this, let alone come here, register, and post on a support group. Also, you don't know what kind of relationship my friends and I have. They could care less whether I dip or not. If I did not dip in front of them they wouldn't look at me like a pussy. The problem lies in their offering me one everytime they took one. Which would be constantly with the amount of people who dip on the trip. I came here for support man. Perhaps I've come to the wrong place for that, if this is the way I am going to get talked to when I post on here.
Are you trying to tell all the bad ass quiters in here that we should say its OK to continue dipping three more days? Get Fucking real! There is never a better time to not dip then right now! I for one will never say its OK to Dip for the next three days. If thats what you looking for STOP! Get the fuck off the site and come back when you have a pair!
I am the Foo that Mr. T Pittied

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2010, 04:28:00 PM »
This place can be pretty damn hard core in the quitting department. Understand one thing, 99.9% of the people on this site, including everyone who posted a response to your intro, would drop everything they were doing to help you quit. We have gained our freedom and the quitters you see posting here are attempting to help you.

Let that sink in for a moment.

There are a variety of personalities on this site. There are several variations to the quit. All of us have the same goal. Take what you need from the site and it's people and leave the rest. Help where you can. Be accountable. Post roll giving your word. Keep your word.

Everyone here is doing this. They want you to do the same. They will help the way they know how.

The rest is up to you.