Author Topic: New Here  (Read 3069 times)

Offline MikeA

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New Here
« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2010, 08:28:00 PM »
Quote from: NDvictory88
In the car on the way to Chicago, everyone in the group is now informed of my quit. All were supportive. Also, gave the entire group permission to physically abuse me, if they see me with a dip or holding a real dip can. (fake stuff is excused). Needless to say, they were excited about the idea of this, not to often they get to hit me without me hitting them back. haha. But too bad for them they still won't have the opportunity this weekend either. Anyway, I got my laptop out and posted on here, because car trips were always big trigger points for my chewing as well, especially when most of the guys in the car have the nasty shit in their lips right now too. Staying strong and I will make it through this weekend. So for now, my pal David sunflower seeds and I are going to have a party.
I am so damn proud of this quit. Day by day ND is becoming my new quit hero. One of the strongest mother fuckers in this place right now.
You should be proud. I think you are!! That alone will keep you quit.

Offline NDvictory88

• Quitter
« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2010, 05:28:00 PM »
In the car on the way to Chicago, everyone in the group is now informed of my quit. All were supportive. Also, gave the entire group permission to physically abuse me, if they see me with a dip or holding a real dip can. (fake stuff is excused). Needless to say, they were excited about the idea of this, not to often they get to hit me without me hitting them back. haha. But too bad for them they still won't have the opportunity this weekend either. Anyway, I got my laptop out and posted on here, because car trips were always big trigger points for my chewing as well, especially when most of the guys in the car have the nasty shit in their lips right now too. Staying strong and I will make it through this weekend. So for now, my pal David sunflower seeds and I are going to have a party.
QUIT LIKE A CHAMPION TODAY!

Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an horrible cunt... thats me.

Quit Date: 11-17-10

Offline Sadjr111

• Quitter
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2010, 10:28:00 AM »
Good choice man! If you need another number send me a PM.
HOF 2-17-2011
500 Days 3-23-12

Offline CalNotKodiakBears

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2010-03-20
  • Interests: Astronomy, CampingAngels BaseballCal FootballUCI Baseball (Go Eaters!)
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2010, 10:12:00 AM »
I've already called two of my best friends (who are also going on the trip), to let them know i'm done with it. They are very supportive. I told them, that if they see me with a dip this weekend, they have my 100% permission to punch me in the nuts.

And where do i go to post the day 1 and roll call stuff at?
Good man, ND!

Like you, I registered on this site with a quit plan for a future date, and got kicked around a bit. This place can be hardcore at times, but it works.

Once you make it past this weekend, you can make it past anything.

PS-Hope your boys fuck up SUC next week.
Quit Date: 03/20/10
HOF Date: 06/27/10
Comma: 12/13/12

"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself." -Carl Sagan

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Family, hunting, fishing, running, mountain biking, swimming, building shit, and anything else that sounds like fun.
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2010, 08:33:00 AM »
This site, at work, at its best. You've had some heavy hitters reach out to you ND, as many as I've seen in awhile. Lean on them when you need......never let them down.

Congrats on bumping your quit up, its gonna suck at times.....I promise you will have no regret. The freedom is good.

Offline redyota

• Master of Quit
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2010, 07:42:00 AM »
Also got some good news tonight .... 1) made it through my first night of work dip free. Work was one of my biggest dipping times. 2) I talked to my dad (a smoker for as long as i can remember) told him about my quit, and he agreed to quit smoking as long as i keep my quit.
That's awesome. One piece of advice though, do not make your quit dependent on others quits. My brother-in-laws quit inspired mine, and mine inspired my dad. we ll uit in a one month period. I am the only one that used this site, and I am the only one of the three that remains quit. I hope your situation turns out better, but if he caves it does not give you the right to so as well. Also, feel free to invite him here. It will help his quit as well.
"We shall not fail or falter; we shall not weaken or tire...Give us the tools and we will finish the job." - Sir Winston Churchill

"Not using gets much easier as time goes by, but the consequences of "just one" never lessen." - Me

Offline NDvictory88

• Quitter
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2010, 02:04:00 AM »
Also got some good news tonight .... 1) made it through my first night of work dip free. Work was one of my biggest dipping times. 2) I talked to my dad (a smoker for as long as i can remember) told him about my quit, and he agreed to quit smoking as long as i keep my quit.

Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an horrible cunt... thats me.

Offline DeezNutzz

• Quitter
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2010, 10:18:00 PM »
ND---Damn proud to see you step to the plate. Earlier today I could of sworn you would not listen to our advice. After getting caught up with your post--I know you will kick the Nic Bitch in the mouth this weekend. Its awesome to have you on board. You need a number send me a PM.
I am the Foo that Mr. T Pittied

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2010, 09:56:00 PM »
Victory.

Make that an appropriate name.

I saw your posts in February 2011. That takes balls. I know. You can do this.

P.S. damn proud of the support in here and everywhere on this site. I can guarantee if you listen to this band of quitting brothers and you truly want to quit, you will be successful.

Keep your word.

CAVING IS NOT AN OPTION, Do Something Else.

Offline Clampy

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 3/5/10
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2010, 09:03:00 PM »
Quote from: booradley
This is some impressive quit!!!!! Hardcore. Good luck ND, you can do it.
booradley, I know you know this already (not trying to shit on your post) but for the new guy...

"luck" has nothing to do with quitting.

We quit here, PERIOD. See you on roll NDvictory88!!
June 2010 Honey Badgers

Offline booradley

• Quitter
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2010, 08:02:00 PM »
This is some impressive quit!!!!! Hardcore. Good luck ND, you can do it.

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2010, 06:18:00 PM »
Quote from: Bean
I've already called two of my best friends (who are also going on the trip), to let them know i'm done with it. They are very supportive. I told them, that if they see me with a dip this weekend, they have my 100% permission to punch me in the nuts.

That is f'ing awesome...great choice!!! There is never a better time to save your own life than right f'ing now!!!

You're gonna feel like crap for a while. That's called "the suck." The cool thing about it, actually the only cool thing about it, is that everyone on here has to make it through the suck. There are no short cuts. Embrace the suck, remember the suck, and use the suck as motivation to never cave...unless you want to go through the suck again.

"Yesterday + 1" is your new motto. Post roll everyday, even on the trip, and keep your word. Even if you have to use your cell phone, access this site and post roll. Or just ask someone to post roll for you. The important thing is that you've taken the first step. We got your back on the rest.

You can do this. We're counting on you to keep your word. We're keeping our word to you, too.

-Bean
Great work in here. I had to go to a meeting and missed out but you guys did solid work.

ND, Great decision. Welcome to the party.

I will send you some information shortly.

Greg

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2010, 06:13:00 PM »

That is f'ing awesome...great choice!!! There is never a better time to save your own life than right f'ing now!!!

You're gonna feel like crap for a while. That's called "the suck." The cool thing about it, actually the only cool thing about it, is that everyone on here has to make it through the suck. There are no short cuts. Embrace the suck, remember the suck, and use the suck as motivation to never cave...unless you want to go through the suck again.

"Yesterday + 1" is your new motto. Post roll everyday, even on the trip, and keep your word. Even if you have to use your cell phone, access this site and post roll. Or just ask someone to post roll for you. The important thing is that you've taken the first step. We got your back on the rest.

You can do this. We're counting on you to keep your word. We're keeping our word to you, too.

-Bean

Offline NDvictory88

• Quitter
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2010, 05:57:00 PM »

Offline GlennFtheKodiak

• Quitter
  • Interests: Gym and Coaching and Running Pop Warner Program. I'll fuck all you mother fuckers up.
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2010, 05:57:00 PM »
you are doing the right thing, ND.

PS i got my ass kicked here the first day too. that was 598 days ago.
football rules, soccer drools

HOF: July 7th, 2009