Author Topic: My Quit  (Read 3351 times)

Offline jpetmpls

• Quitter
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 01.12.15
  • Interests: Hockey, motorcycles, bar/restaurant business, marathons, trail running. Ingested nicotine profusely in many forms for nearly 22 years
  • Likes Given: 7
Re: My Quit
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2015, 10:55:00 PM »
Congrats on 300!

Offline jimthins

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-08-04
  • Interests: Fishing, Hunting, Shooting, and Golf.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2015, 12:12:00 PM »
From one Novembro to another: Congrats on hitting the 3rd floor today! I am proud to be quit with you each and every day Roy. I hope your endeavors in Central America are treating you well. Enjoy your stay and savor the sweet taste of being nic free.

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2015, 02:20:00 PM »
Quote from: MOmedic
Quote from: Smeds
Quote from: Nolaq
Quote from: Pinched
Quote from: trigerhapy
Quote from: Sand_Fleas_Gotta_Eat
Ah yeah! 200 today Roy! Nice job brother, it get easier with each passing day. Enjoy today though as 2nd floor gets you above the clouds a bit! Congrats and Semper Fi!
2nd floor man, congratulations!
Thanks for all you do for us, especially us April Apes.
Congrats on 200 Devil Dawg!
Awesome job Marine!

We hit the PT course on Monday!
Congrats bud ... never a doubt in my mind! Now go do it again!
Congrats on hitting the 2nd floor! 202 today that's awesome. Thanks for the support you've given me here, happy to be quit with you today
Great job Roy! Damn proud I know and should be! 1 day is awesome from the olé bitch! Congrats on 200!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline MOmedic

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-01-05
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2015, 01:07:00 PM »
Quote from: Smeds
Ah yeah! 200 today Roy! Nice job brother, it get easier with each passing day. Enjoy today though as 2nd floor gets you above the clouds a bit! Congrats and Semper Fi!
Awesome job Marine!

Congrats on hitting the 2nd floor! 202 today that's awesome. Thanks for the support you've given me here, happy to be quit with you today

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
  • The bluebird can sing, but the crow's got the soul
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2015, 08:04:00 PM »
Awesome job Marine!

My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Offline Nolaq

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2015, 01:33:00 PM »
Awesome job Marine!

What is your major malfunction?!?!?!?!

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2015, 12:47:00 PM »
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline PatrickG

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-01-30
  • Interests: God, family, duck hunting and Alabama football.
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2015, 12:04:00 PM »
Congrats on 200
It's not the will to win that matters...everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters.- Paul Bear Bryant

Process guarantees success. A good process produces good results - Nick Saban

HOF Speech - There is nothing new under the sun

Offline trigerhapy

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 01/05/15
  • Interests: Quit for LIFE
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2015, 09:39:00 AM »

Offline Sand_Fleas_Gotta_Eat

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Restoring my 220 year old house. I don't have any other interest because I no longer have time for such things.
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2015, 09:04:00 AM »

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2015, 02:58:00 PM »
Quote from: Rawls
Quote from: Roy
Just a thought on cravings and how they have gradually gotten better...

At 145 days in I have noticed that my cravings started out as, "DIP!! MUST HAVE NICOTINE NOW!!!" and the anxiety was almost unbearable. It seemed like they lasted 10 minutes or more and were very frequent during the day - at least once an hour.

The past couple of weeks I have noticed that cravings have gradually progressed into more of a "hmmm, I'm forgetting something... oh well" and as soon as I recognize that thought as a craving, I tell myself, "You didn't feel that way 10 seconds ago. Just hang on and it will pass." and it does. The whole thought process is over in less than 30 seconds and the frequency is much lower - probably 5 a day.

ODAAT, but EDD
Always Vigilant
Congrats on 145, I'm at 45 good to read about things to look forward to. Appreciate the post.
Just think, string a few more "One Day At A Times" and that "hmmm, I'm forgetting something..." turns into nothing but a glancing thought or $hit, I forgot the house keys as I'm closing the front door of the house. It gets infinitely better Roy. I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!
Great job!

Offline Sand_Fleas_Gotta_Eat

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Restoring my 220 year old house. I don't have any other interest because I no longer have time for such things.
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2015, 11:12:00 AM »
Quote from: Rawls

At 145 days in I have noticed that my cravings started out as, "DIP!! MUST HAVE NICOTINE NOW!!!" and the anxiety was almost unbearable. It seemed like they lasted 10 minutes or more and were very frequent during the day - at least once an hour.

The past couple of weeks I have noticed that cravings have gradually progressed into more of a "hmmm, I'm forgetting something... oh well" and as soon as I recognize that thought as a craving, I tell myself, "You didn't feel that way 10 seconds ago. Just hang on and it will pass." and it does. The whole thought process is over in less than 30 seconds and the frequency is much lower - probably 5 a day.

ODAAT, but EDD
Always Vigilant
Congrats on 145, I'm at 45 good to read about things to look forward to. Appreciate the post.
Just think, string a few more "One Day At A Times" and that "hmmm, I'm forgetting something..." turns into nothing but a glancing thought or $hit, I forgot the house keys as I'm closing the front door of the house. It gets infinitely better Roy. I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2015, 10:44:00 AM »

ODAAT, but EDD
Always Vigilant
I believe.....

Offline J2b

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
    • May 11
  • Quit Date: 01/23/2011
  • Likes Given: 239
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2015, 10:39:00 AM »

ODAAT, but EDD
Always Vigilant
Or, you could go for another run 'winker'

Keep killing it Roy! Damn glad to post another +1 with you EDD.
The problem is not the problem.  The problem is your attitude about the problem.  Do you understand?

Draw Fire

If its too much trouble to post roll call, you could always fuck off.

Quit Group: May 11 3 Balled Quitters

• Quit: 01/23/11

Offline Roy

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 8/11/14
  • Interests: Church, Family, and Running
  • Likes Given: 78
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2015, 10:25:00 AM »

ODAAT, but EDD
Always Vigilant
"Trying to quit and not using all that KTC has to offer is like jerking off with boxing gloves on. It MIGHT work but why make things more difficult than they have to be." - Greenspidy

"Dipping may be something distant in my rear view, addiction is not." - Boelker62

"If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." - Romans 10:9