Author Topic: My Quit  (Read 3359 times)

Offline Nolaq

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: My Quit
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2014, 12:03:00 PM »
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Quote from: Pinched
Quote from: Sand_Fleas_Gotta_Eat
Quote from: Smeds
Roy ... HUGE congrats on the HOF today bro! It's been a pleasure to quit right along side you all of these days, so enjoy the day! Later, turn around and just keep on marching ... because you know you are not cured. You are, however killing your quit ... and are a big asset to the KTC community. Here's to seeing you around these boards for a loooonngggg time brother!
Congrats brother! Listen to Smeds as you already know because you are drinking the Kool-Aid. It's just one step of many. They all get easier from here on out. ODAAT and before you know it, poof, you'll have your half comma and hardly thinking about the bitch anymore.

Have a great day. Semper Fi!
Congrats Devil Dawg!

100 is great but it is just a milestone, celebrate today then come back tomorrow to facilitate just another day.
Nice Roy! Proud of you. Keep it up.
Well done, Marine!

Semper Fi!
What is your major malfunction?!?!?!?!

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2014, 11:11:00 AM »
Quote from: Pinched
Roy ... HUGE congrats on the HOF today bro! It's been a pleasure to quit right along side you all of these days, so enjoy the day! Later, turn around and just keep on marching ... because you know you are not cured. You are, however killing your quit ... and are a big asset to the KTC community. Here's to seeing you around these boards for a loooonngggg time brother!
Congrats brother! Listen to Smeds as you already know because you are drinking the Kool-Aid. It's just one step of many. They all get easier from here on out. ODAAT and before you know it, poof, you'll have your half comma and hardly thinking about the bitch anymore.

Congrats Devil Dawg!

100 is great but it is just a milestone, celebrate today then come back tomorrow to facilitate just another day.
Nice Roy! Proud of you. Keep it up.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2014, 09:38:00 AM »

Congrats Devil Dawg!

"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline Sand_Fleas_Gotta_Eat

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Restoring my 220 year old house. I don't have any other interest because I no longer have time for such things.
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2014, 08:16:00 AM »

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
  • The bluebird can sing, but the crow's got the soul
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2014, 06:51:00 AM »
My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2014, 11:03:00 AM »
Quote from: Roy
Today is a sad bitter / sweet day for this quitter...

44 days ago, I quit using nicotine.
30 days ago my uncle (61 years old) was diagnosed with a large brain tumor and cancer in several other places.

Last night he passed away into eternity. Please say a prayer for my mother (it was her brother) and the rest of the family today.

It is natural to mourn the loss of family members, friends, and loved ones, but today our family also rejoices because my uncle was confident in his eternal destination. Uncle Carl knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that his soul would spend eternity in Heaven because he believed that Jesus Christ had paid the price for his sins. If you want to share this same confidence, please shoot me a PM and I will be happy to share more.

Today, my heart aches... Today, my heart also rejoices... Today, my quit is stronger...

Thanks for letting me share.
Damn bro, my condolences to you and yours. Stay strong Roy, your Uncle is also looking down with pride upon you ... and your quit journey. Keep killing it bro.

Offline Roy

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 8/11/14
  • Interests: Church, Family, and Running
  • Likes Given: 78
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2014, 09:28:00 AM »
Today is a sad bitter / sweet day for this quitter...

44 days ago, I quit using nicotine.
30 days ago my uncle (61 years old) was diagnosed with a large brain tumor and cancer in several other places.

Last night he passed away into eternity. Please say a prayer for my mother (it was her brother) and the rest of the family today.

It is natural to mourn the loss of family members, friends, and loved ones, but today our family also rejoices because my uncle was confident in his eternal destination. Uncle Carl knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that his soul would spend eternity in Heaven because he believed that Jesus Christ had paid the price for his sins. If you want to share this same confidence, please shoot me a PM and I will be happy to share more.

Today, my heart aches... Today, my heart also rejoices... Today, my quit is stronger...

Thanks for letting me share.
"Trying to quit and not using all that KTC has to offer is like jerking off with boxing gloves on. It MIGHT work but why make things more difficult than they have to be." - Greenspidy

"Dipping may be something distant in my rear view, addiction is not." - Boelker62

"If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." - Romans 10:9

Offline Gabriel

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-08-05
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2014, 10:55:00 AM »
Roy, have a good weekend and stay quit. We've had a taste of the freedom from nicotine. It's how life is supposed to be, let's keep up the quit together!

Offline Nolaq

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2014, 10:37:00 AM »
Quote from: 30isEnuff
Quote from: USMCray
Hello, all... My name is Roy

After 20 years addicted to nicotine, I am done being a slave. I started allowing nicotine to run my life about 20 years ago when I was in college and also in the Marine reserves, so it was everywhere around me. Grizzly LC Wintergreen has long been my poison of choice and it was easy to go through a can a day... sometimes more.

I have a great wife and kids that are supporting me, but this quit is not for them. It's for me.

More later...
Welcome devil dog, you seem to have your ducks in a row, now let's take it day by day and rid our selves of the nic whore. Post roll, read,and continue to interact. Check your pm.
Welcome Roy. Glad u made up ur mind. Read everything the site has. Learn ur enemy. The tools of quit r here. Life is much gooder without the poison.
Welcome Marine! There are a ton of us here, so don't hesitate to reach out.

PM me if you need anything. In the meantime, head over to Tun Tavern. Link is in my signature line.
What is your major malfunction?!?!?!?!

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2014, 08:57:00 PM »
Quote from: USMCray

After 20 years addicted to nicotine, I am done being a slave. I started allowing nicotine to run my life about 20 years ago when I was in college and also in the Marine reserves, so it was everywhere around me. Grizzly LC Wintergreen has long been my poison of choice and it was easy to go through a can a day... sometimes more.

I have a great wife and kids that are supporting me, but this quit is not for them. It's for me.

More later...
Welcome devil dog, you seem to have your ducks in a row, now let's take it day by day and rid our selves of the nic whore. Post roll, read,and continue to interact. Check your pm.
Welcome Roy. Glad u made up ur mind. Read everything the site has. Learn ur enemy. The tools of quit r here. Life is much gooder without the poison.
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline USMCray

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: Wife,kids. And work work,work!!! And watching my cowboys,spurs,and rangers!!!
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2014, 10:04:00 AM »

More later...

Offline tarpon17

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2014, 10:01:00 AM »
Love to see guys come in here going all in from the start. Looks like a solid quit starting already!

Welcome Roy, stay active and post roll daily!

Offline Sand_Fleas_Gotta_Eat

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Restoring my 220 year old house. I don't have any other interest because I no longer have time for such things.
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2014, 01:01:00 PM »
Jumping in with both feet ... offering a welcome to new quitters on this your second day? Two roll posts (executed perfectly), an intro and 5 welcomes to November bros in their intros? Shit, I'm humbled ... you rock Roy! Im here for ya if you need it, Check your PM's (top right). Keep killing it!
What he said ^^^ Honestly, I didn't help anyone until I was about a week past my day 1. This is how you build accountability. You build up so much that it's impossible to cave without fearing for your life because you would let people down. Own your quit and make it bad assed!

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2014, 10:55:00 PM »
Jumping in with both feet ... offering a welcome to new quitters on this your second day? Two roll posts (executed perfectly), an intro and 5 welcomes to November bros in their intros? Shit, I'm humbled ... you rock Roy! Im here for ya if you need it, Check your PM's (top right). Keep killing it!

Offline slug.go

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/14
  • Interests: Family, motorcycles, all sports, hunting, fishing, guns
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2014, 08:20:00 PM »
Quote from: mogul
Roy, you have some awesome quitters above this post to help you quit. Keep up with this intro and they will be here. I quit with ya today.

Mogul
What Mogul said. All the good stuff is here somewhere, everywhere. Read and heed, don't re-invent, follow the lead and pretty soon you'll be the lead. Most importantly, keep your word and don't be a stranger. All the cool kids hang out here.
Quit since 1/23/14