Author Topic: This one time at band camp  (Read 6736 times)

Offline Kubiak

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: This one time at band camp
« Reply #65 on: December 27, 2012, 10:40:00 AM »
Anyone notice someone dipping just by the smell? The smell is so fucking strong. Is it just my addict nose, or did everyone else smell that shit when I was ninja dipping? Thought of the day on day 151.

Offline Kubiak

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #64 on: December 22, 2012, 09:47:00 PM »
Day 146- I posted a victory in TELOTQG or wherever the fuck truckerick calls home. It felt good. I may start doing that on tough days- victory post. End of the day, proclaim my win. Tomorrow- new day, new battle, new chance at victory!!

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #63 on: December 14, 2012, 12:11:00 PM »
Quote from: Mike17
Quote from: Coach
Quote from: Kubiak
OK I have to get a few things off my chest, and then I'm gonna try to be productive today for a change.  It's been a rough week in quittersville, not that my quit is struggling, just the things that go along with being quit.

Dentist yesterday.  My last visit in 2009 was the last time I was quit.  I got abused by the dentist lady about chew so I never went back.  This time new lady, but I can't believe her dumb ass aked me questions about HOW LONG DID YOU USE CHEWING TOBACCO right in front of my 9 year old.  No fucking way lady.  Then she goes on to tell me I need a referral for some questionable spots on the back left side of my tongue and the inside of my right cheek.  WHERE DID YOU PUT THE CHEWING TOBACCO MOST FREQUENTLY?  I swear I almost grabbed her by the throat.  I just mumbled "I'm not gonna get into that right now can we move on". She finally got the hint, and then told me that the referral is mostly precautionary, that she's not an expert, bla bla bla.  January 16th I'll see the expert.

November 2012 needs a fresh start.  We never voted on being called cuntface, it just kinda grew on us, so I feel that if we all vote on a new name, that would help.  Personally I feel that Cuntface is far too self-deprecating for the badass quitters we have, but if the group votes for cuntface, then i'll be a cuntface.  I supported The Caver's shenanigans without the benefit of foresight, but from the start it was a
test of boundaries.  At some point, if all the boundaries are pushed, then there's nothing left and it's not a quit group.  This KTC that we all rely on is about quitting tobacco period. 

Weird week.  Regardless of anything, whether it be something in my mouth or some asshole caver that wants to hold my quit and my support hostage with threats of suicide, NEVER AGAIN FOR ANY REASON.
Those last 5 words sum it up perfectly kub. I know what you mean November has been weird as fuck but the real quitters know who they are.

Dentist appointment for me after I quit was scary as hell but I took the guys word that everything was good. You'll be fine bro. Keep quitting like you know and love!
I wouldn't say Cuntface "grew on your group." I'd say it was forced on your group.

You guys and ladies need to find your own identity. I don't think your previous ruler permitted such free thinking. If it were me, I'd wipe the whole slate clean starting with that "fancy" roll page.
I think you hit the nail on the head right there coach
NAFAR Quit with you Brother Kubiak!! 'bang head'
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline Mike17

• Quitter
« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2012, 09:45:00 AM »
OK I have to get a few things off my chest, and then I'm gonna try to be productive today for a change.  It's been a rough week in quittersville, not that my quit is struggling, just the things that go along with being quit.

Dentist yesterday.  My last visit in 2009 was the last time I was quit.  I got abused by the dentist lady about chew so I never went back.  This time new lady, but I can't believe her dumb ass aked me questions about HOW LONG DID YOU USE CHEWING TOBACCO right in front of my 9 year old.  No fucking way lady.  Then she goes on to tell me I need a referral for some questionable spots on the back left side of my tongue and the inside of my right cheek.  WHERE DID YOU PUT THE CHEWING TOBACCO MOST FREQUENTLY?  I swear I almost grabbed her by the throat.  I just mumbled "I'm not gonna get into that right now can we move on". She finally got the hint, and then told me that the referral is mostly precautionary, that she's not an expert, bla bla bla.  January 16th I'll see the expert.

November 2012 needs a fresh start.  We never voted on being called cuntface, it just kinda grew on us, so I feel that if we all vote on a new name, that would help.  Personally I feel that Cuntface is far too self-deprecating for the badass quitters we have, but if the group votes for cuntface, then i'll be a cuntface.  I supported The Caver's shenanigans without the benefit of foresight, but from the start it was a
test of boundaries.  At some point, if all the boundaries are pushed, then there's nothing left and it's not a quit group.  This KTC that we all rely on is about quitting tobacco period. 

Weird week.  Regardless of anything, whether it be something in my mouth or some asshole caver that wants to hold my quit and my support hostage with threats of suicide, NEVER AGAIN FOR ANY REASON.
Those last 5 words sum it up perfectly kub. I know what you mean November has been weird as fuck but the real quitters know who they are.

Dentist appointment for me after I quit was scary as hell but I took the guys word that everything was good. You'll be fine bro. Keep quitting like you know and love!
I wouldn't say Cuntface "grew on your group." I'd say it was forced on your group.

You guys and ladies need to find your own identity. I don't think your previous ruler permitted such free thinking. If it were me, I'd wipe the whole slate clean starting with that "fancy" roll page.
I think you hit the nail on the head right there coach
"Remember that anyone can dip but only bad motherfuckers can quit." - Morgan1

"But..anyways..whatever Mike and his polar bear said, i'd do it." - P23

DAMN IT FEELS GOOD TO BE A QUITTER.

Offline Suds

• Quitter
  • Interests: quitting dip, my kids, woodworking, baseball
« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2012, 08:54:00 AM »

Weird week yeah i hear ya amigo, proud as hell to be quit with you and the rest of november though. you will be in my thoughts and prayers until you see the expert and he says your fine. Keep up the excellent quittin and I will see you around.
QLAFM

Offline Coach Steve

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Being quit. Staying quit. Pretty much just quitting like fuck.
« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2012, 08:47:00 AM »

Make Your Decision

Offline Mike17

• Quitter
« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2012, 08:28:00 AM »
OK I have to get a few things off my chest, and then I'm gonna try to be productive today for a change. It's been a rough week in quittersville, not that my quit is struggling, just the things that go along with being quit.

Dentist yesterday. My last visit in 2009 was the last time I was quit. I got abused by the dentist lady about chew so I never went back. This time new lady, but I can't believe her dumb ass aked me questions about HOW LONG DID YOU USE CHEWING TOBACCO right in front of my 9 year old. No fucking way lady. Then she goes on to tell me I need a referral for some questionable spots on the back left side of my tongue and the inside of my right cheek. WHERE DID YOU PUT THE CHEWING TOBACCO MOST FREQUENTLY? I swear I almost grabbed her by the throat. I just mumbled "I'm not gonna get into that right now can we move on". She finally got the hint, and then told me that the referral is mostly precautionary, that she's not an expert, bla bla bla. January 16th I'll see the expert.

November 2012 needs a fresh start. We never voted on being called cuntface, it just kinda grew on us, so I feel that if we all vote on a new name, that would help. Personally I feel that Cuntface is far too self-deprecating for the badass quitters we have, but if the group votes for cuntface, then i'll be a cuntface. I supported The Caver's shenanigans without the benefit of foresight, but from the start it was a
test of boundaries. At some point, if all the boundaries are pushed, then there's nothing left and it's not a quit group. This KTC that we all rely on is about quitting tobacco period.

Weird week. Regardless of anything, whether it be something in my mouth or some asshole caver that wants to hold my quit and my support hostage with threats of suicide, NEVER AGAIN FOR ANY REASON.

"Remember that anyone can dip but only bad motherfuckers can quit." - Morgan1

"But..anyways..whatever Mike and his polar bear said, i'd do it." - P23

DAMN IT FEELS GOOD TO BE A QUITTER.

Offline Kubiak

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2012, 08:20:00 AM »
OK I have to get a few things off my chest, and then I'm gonna try to be productive today for a change. It's been a rough week in quittersville, not that my quit is struggling, just the things that go along with being quit.

Dentist yesterday. My last visit in 2009 was the last time I was quit. I got abused by the dentist lady about chew so I never went back. This time new lady, but I can't believe her dumb ass aked me questions about HOW LONG DID YOU USE CHEWING TOBACCO right in front of my 9 year old. No fucking way lady. Then she goes on to tell me I need a referral for some questionable spots on the back left side of my tongue and the inside of my right cheek. WHERE DID YOU PUT THE CHEWING TOBACCO MOST FREQUENTLY? I swear I almost grabbed her by the throat. I just mumbled "I'm not gonna get into that right now can we move on". She finally got the hint, and then told me that the referral is mostly precautionary, that she's not an expert, bla bla bla. January 16th I'll see the expert.

November 2012 needs a fresh start. We never voted on being called cuntface, it just kinda grew on us, so I feel that if we all vote on a new name, that would help. Personally I feel that Cuntface is far too self-deprecating for the badass quitters we have, but if the group votes for cuntface, then i'll be a cuntface. I supported The Caver's shenanigans without the benefit of foresight, but from the start it was a
test of boundaries. At some point, if all the boundaries are pushed, then there's nothing left and it's not a quit group. This KTC that we all rely on is about quitting tobacco period.

Weird week. Regardless of anything, whether it be something in my mouth or some asshole caver that wants to hold my quit and my support hostage with threats of suicide, NEVER AGAIN FOR ANY REASON.

Offline TSNUS

• Quitter
  • Interests: Fishing, camping, skiing, BBQing
« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2012, 08:28:00 AM »
Quote from: Grizzly25
Quote from: wastepanel
Quote from: ERDVM
Quote from: beenthere
Quote from: SirDerek
Tomorrow is my first dentist appointment since my quit 136 days ago.  My last visit was the last time I quit 4 years ago, and I recall hearing "we'll have to watch these receding gums, you may need a graft" and "we'll have to watch this on your cheek, if that doesn't heal we may need to check it out" which essentially means check for cancer.  I was convinced it would heal.  I think it's healed.  I worry about it.  I also worry about the next crap i'm gonna take, hoping it's not a bowling pin, but regardless i'm worried about the dentist.  At least I am quit.  Whatever they have for me tomorrow, I won't be making it worse with poison turds.
good luck man, I am awaiting my time to return to the dentist as well....
Good luck man, I'm sure things will be alright.
I know it's OK to be nervous, I also know that you don't know until you go, and then when you go, you'll know, so it isn't worth being nervous until you know when you go. Otherwise it's not knowing that makes you nervous. If ya get bad news, then that's something to worry about.
I know that you used the word "know" 5x in that paragraph. 'arse'

Serially, I can tell you are just verbalizing some angst. Which, is normal. Ask your dentist to be honest. Hell, if you haven't been in 4 years...there will be some issues that are probably not even related to your poison addiction. I think we have all heard the "gum graft biopsy threat". The only thing you can do is stay quit and face it head-on. You have quit a highly addictive poison for over 100 days. You are quit today. I think you can face your dentist.

Vadge
My quit started with a trip to the dentist. I've told this story several times. The dentist pulled the whole, "you may need to get a biopsy" crap after my cleaning. Scared my ass straight. I've been back once since then, and I was damn proud not to have to take any shit from this guy for being a dipper. I'm also pretty sure the dentist was full of shit. If he really believed I had cancer or needed a biopsy, he would have noted it on my chart and asked me about it on my next appointment...or at least taken the time to check it out. Nope, none of that, just the usual, "teeth look great!" I'm like, "yeah, fuck you buddy....but thanks for what you did."
You should definately take a book of your narratives into his office as reading material.

Maybe with that little dedication there.
UGH!!!! Who likes going to the dentist......?

Good luck brother, my quit started with a trip to the dentist like many other on here.

Keep us updated on the good or the bad brother.
Same here on my right lower. I've read gum stimulation can help, but mine haven't done much either way. Thinking about trying an electric toothbrush, supposed to be good for gum health. Keep us posted and I hope things are good.
Quit 8/14/12 and taking my life back one day at a time.

If you don?t control what you have access to, what you have access to will control you.

I?m trying to remind myself daily it?s not the absence of conflict that determines whether or not my relationships are healthy. It?s knowing how to handle the conflicts that will arise.

Character is who we are, not who we pretend to be. It's better to be shaped than to be fake.

Offline Grizzly25

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Every and all sports, fishing and hunting.
« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2012, 01:04:00 PM »
Quote from: wastepanel
Tomorrow is my first dentist appointment since my quit 136 days ago.  My last visit was the last time I quit 4 years ago, and I recall hearing "we'll have to watch these receding gums, you may need a graft" and "we'll have to watch this on your cheek, if that doesn't heal we may need to check it out" which essentially means check for cancer.  I was convinced it would heal.  I think it's healed.  I worry about it.  I also worry about the next crap i'm gonna take, hoping it's not a bowling pin, but regardless i'm worried about the dentist.  At least I am quit.  Whatever they have for me tomorrow, I won't be making it worse with poison turds.
I know it's OK to be nervous, I also know that you don't know until you go, and then when you go, you'll know, so it isn't worth being nervous until you know when you go. Otherwise it's not knowing that makes you nervous. If ya get bad news, then that's something to worry about.

Serially, I can tell you are just verbalizing some angst. Which, is normal. Ask your dentist to be honest. Hell, if you haven't been in 4 years...there will be some issues that are probably not even related to your poison addiction. I think we have all heard the "gum graft biopsy threat". The only thing you can do is stay quit and face it head-on. You have quit a highly addictive poison for over 100 days. You are quit today. I think you can face your dentist.

Vadge
My quit started with a trip to the dentist. I've told this story several times. The dentist pulled the whole, "you may need to get a biopsy" crap after my cleaning. Scared my ass straight. I've been back once since then, and I was damn proud not to have to take any shit from this guy for being a dipper. I'm also pretty sure the dentist was full of shit. If he really believed I had cancer or needed a biopsy, he would have noted it on my chart and asked me about it on my next appointment...or at least taken the time to check it out. Nope, none of that, just the usual, "teeth look great!" I'm like, "yeah, fuck you buddy....but thanks for what you did."
You should definately take a book of your narratives into his office as reading material.

UGH!!!! Who likes going to the dentist......?

Good luck brother, my quit started with a trip to the dentist like many other on here.

Keep us updated on the good or the bad brother.
"Remember you are either getting better or getting worse, nobody stays the same!" Woody Hayes

"Winning! That's all we do around here brotha! Failure is not an option, remove it as an option and the possibilities are endless...." Bruce317 5-18-2012

"...We'll be heroes or ghosts...But we won't be turned around." Wastepanel 6-15-2012

"A QUITTER NEVER HAS TO GO THROUGH THE SUCK AGAIN!" tgafish 6-1-2012

QUIT LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

PATIENCE LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

Quit Date: 2-6-2012
HOF Date: 5-16-2012
HOF Speech

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2012, 12:22:00 PM »

Vadge

In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline Coach Steve

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Being quit. Staying quit. Pretty much just quitting like fuck.
« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2012, 11:41:00 AM »

Vadge
Make Your Decision

Offline ERDVM

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Cold Beer, Warm Whiskey, Good Friends, Loose Women.
« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2012, 11:02:00 AM »

Vadge

Offline Kubiak

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2012, 10:23:00 AM »

Offline beenthere

• Quitter
  • Interests: bad golf,fishing anything right now to stay busy
« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2012, 10:11:00 AM »
Quit date July 26, 2012
HOF date November 2, 2012