Author Topic: Eschmit04 - my journey  (Read 8688 times)

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, NASCAR, Golf
  • Likes Given: 1616
Re: New here, 9 days into my quit.... well kinda
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019, 02:27:00 PM »
Hi all Looking forward to talking and hearing from all of you. I quite on Monday Jan 21st at about 6:00pm. But not knowing any better I did use a few pieces of nicorette gum on friday and saturday so at this point I can really only say I'm 4 days into my quit.

That said it is horrible. The fog is brutal and has stuck with me almost the entire time. Reading a lot of post on here about the "medical anxiety" helped a lot. Pretty much since the day I quite I have not felt healthy, and I have to tell myself "I'm fine, its the nicotine trying to win".

I had quit once before that lasted for around 90 days and it was a CAKE walk compared to this. When I made the decision to quite this go around I never though it would be this hard, or have this much physical/mental control over me.

Well anyway I'm hear cause I want to talk with people that truly understand what I'm going though and don't just look at me like I"m crazy.

Hi eschmit04,

Welcome to the best decision of your life.  The reason it is harder is because your brain knows that you are actually quitting this time not stopping for spell.  If you dive in to this forum and drink all the koolaid, you will succeed.

First off, we need to get you in to your quit group.  You are absolutely correct in that you are 4 days quit and not 9.  No nicotine is allowed in this site.  If you ingest nicotine while posting here, you go back to Day 1.  Trust me, you do not want to go back to day 1.

Click Here for your quit group.  This is the May 2019 Quit Group.  May is the month that everyone in this group will reach their HOF or 100 days quit.

Go there and post your promise to not use nicotine for the next 24 hours.  We quit One Day at a Time here.  We don't worry about tomorrow or next week or next year or forever.  We can't control those.  We can control today.

Post your promise early in your day, every day, keep your word and repeat daily.  The process is simple.  Actually doing it is hard.  That is why the accountability and brotherhood are so important.  Start exchanging digits (phone numbers) with other quitters in your group as well as some vets.  This will begin to build your web of accountability, it also gives you instant access to support if you need it.  Accountability is a two-way street so be sure to reciprocate with your digits when someone sends you theirs.  AS you begin receiving and sending texts or phone calls with other quitters, the bonds of brotherhood begin to develop.

I chewed for over 31 years and was up to 3 cans a day when I quit 378 days ago.  If I can do this, so can you. You just need to admit to yourself that you are an addict and you will be for the rest of your life. 

Check your messages for my digits.

Proud to quit with you today,

Chris
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 05:34:07 PM by chris2alaska »
If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
chris2alaska

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

Offline eschmit04

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/26/2019
  • Likes Given: 2
Eschmit04 - my journey
« on: January 30, 2019, 01:12:57 PM »
Hi all Looking forward to talking and hearing from all of you. I quite on Monday Jan 21st at about 6:00pm. But not knowing any better I did use a few pieces of nicorette gum on friday and saturday so at this point I can really only say I'm 4 days into my quit.

That said it is horrible. The fog is brutal and has stuck with me almost the entire time. Reading a lot of post on here about the "medical anxiety" helped a lot. Pretty much since the day I quite I have not felt healthy, and I have to tell myself "I'm fine, its the nicotine trying to win".

I had quit once before that lasted for around 90 days and it was a CAKE walk compared to this. When I made the decision to quite this go around I never though it would be this hard, or have this much physical/mental control over me.

Well anyway I'm hear cause I want to talk with people that truly understand what I'm going though and don't just look at me like I"m crazy.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 10:29:57 AM by eschmit04 »