Author Topic: Quit and lost - need to connect  (Read 2210 times)

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
Re: Quit and lost - need to connect
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2015, 05:52:00 PM »
Quote from: Scowick65
Quote from: SAM83
Congratulations Catusem on 365 days nic free today!!!! You are rock solid!!! 'wave'
fist pump
I missed it!!! But Congrats from a big cactusem fan!
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2015, 12:21:00 PM »
Quote from: Scowick65
Congratulations Catusem on 365 days nic free today!!!! You are rock solid!!! 'wave'
fist pump
69 year old woman, with a 25 year history of addiction, just hit her first year of quit. This is so badass and inspiring that I don't know what else to say. Congratulations Cactus!
Certified Grade A Badass

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2015, 11:36:00 AM »
fist pump

Offline SAM83

• Quit Pro
  • A failure to plan is a plan to fail!
  • Quit Date: 1/6/2014
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Camping, Motorcycle Touring, White Water Sports, Cooking/Grilling/Smoking (Food), Anything Outdoors and Go Steelers!
  • Likes Given: 234
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2015, 08:19:00 AM »

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2014, 10:20:00 AM »
Cactusem - Quietly posting +1's everyday...congrats on 150 today! Great to be quit with you and April 2014!
Congrats! Keep it up em!
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline SAM83

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Camping, Motorcycle Touring, White Water Sports, Cooking/Grilling/Smoking (Food), Anything Outdoors and Go Steelers!
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2014, 08:19:00 AM »
Cactusem - Quietly posting +1's everyday...congrats on 150 today! Great to be quit with you and April 2014!

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2014, 09:35:00 PM »
Hey cactus em I'm glad you still post roll regularly and sometimes still read to see how things are going for people. Saw you lurking tonight- glad you're there!

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2014, 08:35:00 AM »
Congratulations on reaching the HOF! Freedom sure is sweet! See ya at 101!
Nice to see this. I remember your early posts. How do you feel now?

Proud of you! Things get better and better, believe it.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline SAM83

• Quit Pro
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2014, 08:24:00 AM »
Congratulations on reaching the HOF! Freedom sure is sweet! See ya at 101!

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2014, 05:25:00 PM »
Keep the posts coming every once in a while Cactus! It's good to read that you are enjoying being free! Helps all the rest of us quitters! And if you hit rough patches, lets us know you may need some support.

Glad to quit with you!

Offline SAM83

• Quit Pro
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2014, 07:31:00 AM »
Quote from: cactusem
Quote from: srans
One week down.  Head outside, look for the tallest building and head for it.  Climb to the top and take a good look.  Freedom,,  smell it, taste it and feel it.  Breath in that dignity that you've earned one day at a time.  If you made it one week you can damn well bet that tomorrow will be no different.  I don't know about you but I'm starting to see the new you and I'm liking her a lot more than the you that had no dignity and was lead around by the poison.  Glad to be quit with you.
I'll be heading out for the desert - breathe the free breath of dignity up on the hills and down in the gullies. It is a grand thing...I like the new woman too. A whole week. Am glad you are quit with me. I will stay quit with you every day.
Awesome...I'll think of you while I shovel snow :lol: Congrats on a great first week. Stay resolute this weekend and enjoy your outdoor cathedral.

Offline cactusem

• Quitter
  • Plant Based
  • Quit Date: 01-18-14
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2014, 06:57:00 AM »
Quote from: srans
One week down. Head outside, look for the tallest building and head for it. Climb to the top and take a good look. Freedom,, smell it, taste it and feel it. Breath in that dignity that you've earned one day at a time. If you made it one week you can damn well bet that tomorrow will be no different. I don't know about you but I'm starting to see the new you and I'm liking her a lot more than the you that had no dignity and was lead around by the poison. Glad to be quit with you.
I'll be heading out for the desert - breathe the free breath of dignity up on the hills and down in the gullies. It is a grand thing...I like the new woman too. A whole week. Am glad you are quit with me. I will stay quit with you every day.

Offline cactusem

• Quitter
  • Plant Based
  • Quit Date: 01-18-14
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2014, 06:48:00 AM »
"Keep it up through the weekend Cactus! sounds like things are moving along well enough. You've made it through some of the very toughest times! Keep going one day at a time and reach out if you need help.

Are you making some connections so you can get support if you need it?"

Yes! Getting lots of support. Trying to give back to others too. Read through the forum every morning after posting roll...sometimes in the evening too if I find the time. Feel like I know some of you guys. And I do know you all got my back.

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2014, 08:26:00 PM »
One week down. Head outside, look for the tallest building and head for it. Climb to the top and take a good look. Freedom,, smell it, taste it and feel it. Breath in that dignity that you've earned one day at a time. If you made it one week you can damn well bet that tomorrow will be no different. I don't know about you but I'm starting to see the new you and I'm liking her a lot more than the you that had no dignity and was lead around by the poison. Glad to be quit with you.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2014, 06:53:00 PM »
Keep it up through the weekend Cactus! sounds like things are moving along well enough. You've made it through some of the very toughest times! Keep going one day at a time and reach out if you need help.

Are you making some connections so you can get support if you need it?