Author Topic: New guy  (Read 2581 times)

Offline medicsteve

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-11-05
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New guy
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2013, 12:14:00 PM »
Reflections moving into 2nd weekend quit...

I thought I would really have issues with the weekend, but it hasn't been too bad so far. Last weekend we went out and had a few brews. Was a bit tough after the beer buzz and seeing others smoking. But, I am starting to feel sorry for others I see in the grip of their nicotine addiction, as they aren't experiencing the freedom I now know is possible when you break free from the nicotine.

I find myself getting to-do items done that have been hanging over my head for a while. I think this is due to 2 reasons: one, I have more energy; two, I need to keep busy to keep my mind off the craves. Another side effect - I've gained a few pounds. I am eating constantly, both to keep my mouth busy and also food is tasting better. I'll get the diet under control soon and start back up with the more intense exercise here soon.

Just wanted to share some of my experiences with everyone.

Keep on quitten on, brothers.
You're only $5 and a bad decision away from the same fate - jlud007.
One is one too many, and one more is never enough - Kenny/Grace.

Offline Ace121x

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: Archery, Farming, Computers, Games, Women
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2013, 11:55:00 PM »
Quote from: medicsteve
Some of us are the Darth Vader's of quit (all angry at a plant and tobacco companies).

Some of us are the Obi Wan Kenobi's of quit (staying focused on the positives of staying quit).
And some of us are the Han Solo's of quit (all we really want to do is fuck Princess Leia).
I know which one I am then. Han :D
New Quitter? Click Here
'crackup' You Actually Think I May Cave Today? 'crackup'
Quit Date: Sunday November 10, 2013
'tanks'February 2014 Freedom Fighters'tanks'

Offline medicsteve

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-11-05
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2013, 10:54:00 PM »
Some of us are the Darth Vader's of quit (all angry at a plant and tobacco companies).

Some of us are the Obi Wan Kenobi's of quit (staying focused on the positives of staying quit).
And some of us are the Han Solo's of quit (all we really want to do is fuck Princess Leia).
You're only $5 and a bad decision away from the same fate - jlud007.
One is one too many, and one more is never enough - Kenny/Grace.

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2013, 05:51:00 PM »
Quote from: Miles
Quote from: ParadigmDawg
Quote from: Pinched
Quote from: Mthomas3824
Quote from: ihatecope
When you get up, post and win Monday and add to your undefeated record.
Done, bitch!

The key for me has been the "don't want" is bigger than the "want." Truthfully, I do think there will always be a longing for a lost friend. I had this when I quit smoking for over 3 years, before lapsing again with dip. And I am feeling this again. Dealing with this sense of loss is part of what some of us need to come to terms with.

OK, funny story - I'm teaching class tonight and one of my students says, "I heard you're trying to quit chew." I said, "That's not accurate - I have quit and will stay quit." Then I get real close to him and say, "Do you have a problem with that?" He reels backward stammering, "No, no, no, that's cool." Hahahaha. I tell you, my sense of humor has been real fucked up lately.

Another story today. I pull into the dentist for the 6 mo. clean and check. This chick pulls in and parks a new F-150 in the fucking handicapped spot. She jumps out all spry and shit. I say, "Hey, that's a handicapped spot." She says, "No it's not." Well, she's parked in the damn cross hatched area next to the handicapped spot for the crippled people's wheelchairs and I know she knows she's wrong. I walk closer to her and say real low and kinda growly - "You need to be re-calibrated." She looks at me all puzzled cause she has no fucking idea what that mean, and neither do I. I turned and walked into the office for my appointment. Said something to the receptionist and she said it was the lab girl who parks there all the time. Maybe she'll rethink her parking choices. Maybe not...

I tell you, getting this shit out of my system has brought with it a new normal. I like what I'm feeling. I think some re-calibration is in my near future.

See you all in the morning.
I quit with a bunch of bad asses.
Funny. I remember fighting over a parking space with a punk kid. He jaws at me, and I jaw at him...I don't even recall if I was in the right here. I just didn't like some punk acting all tough with me.

He tells me to back off and I say, "If you are looking for a fist fight, I'll fist fight you...ya nipple!"

In my head I'm thinking, "Nipple"? He starts to yell back at me and then stops dead sentence..."Wait, did you just call me a nipple?"

We both started laughing and I said, "You know I may have caused all this, I am quitting tobacco and I don't think straight." Next thing I know a possible fist fight turned to laughing like we were long lost friends. Other shoppers were just as confused but at cosco that saturday, free samples and a show. What a deal.

Whatever, nicotine's still a parasite bitch.
Dude, what's the saying? Something like God protects dumb asses and drunks.

On about 45 days of my quit my temper was out of control and we were drinking tequila at a local bar and we walked out to get some fresh air.

On our way back in the bouncer wanted to see our ID, I said EFF off, you saw that we just walked out. He mouthed off and I bent over and whispered "your a eff'in pussy"

He backed up and said "I don't understand why you are calling me names, I am just doing my job". This dis-fussed everything and I told him I had just quit and he said he's has tried and knows how hard it is. We both laughed and I told him I was sorry.

I didn't have to show him my ID....
You fucking bully...get a bike!
TOUCHE`
Rage on Bro's!

I'm 981 days into this fight and still mad as hell at nicotine and big tobaccy!

USE THE FORCE QUITTERS!!

WHATEVER WORKS FOR YOU, JUST STAY QUIT!
Great analogy. I happen to be a sith to tobacco. Nothing positive about it. I must destroy it and keep it out of my life. I am motivated by fear and I let the hate grow inside me until I value my quit and fight with that bitch.

I must get others to join me in the fight to rid mankind of the curse and addiction of nicotine. I will battle with the rebel base and let them know, that kids are not their target.

When they leave kids alone, I will relax on tobacco. Until then, I am a sith to tobacco.

'Finger' Think it's coincidence that UST makes tobacco in candy flavors like apple, cherry, peach, etc. I am sure someone suggested cotton candy but that would be too obvious.

Yeah fuck those companies. Fuck the government for being a bully and collecting protection money from said companies and also taxing the user. Fuck them for knowingly selling a product that had reports of carcinogens and they buried it.

Do I think it should be illegal? No. Adults should choose freedom or bondage but kids should be protected and not marketed to. This is a domestic terrorist. They only have 3% of our market share and so they are in malaysia now. A subtle world terrorist organization that is protected from individual lawsuits. They pay the states millions to pay for the impacts of their product. How much did you get paid?

The whole thing is a fucking scam and I am a sith to tobacco and anyone who supports it. FUCK TOBACCO and anyone who promotes or profits off it!!!!! Murderers and Slave maters! I'm free now and you can go fuck yourself.

Where the hell is Sir Derek? I'm ready to storm the castle!!!!!!
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline miles

• Quit Pro
  • Howdy, I'm Miles and I'm Quit
  • Quit Date: 3/7/2011
  • Interests: My kids, Quitting, Hunting, fishing, motorcycles, MTB, football, racing, baseball, guitar, family, running, Clint Eastwood, Cold Beer, Floating down the river, camping. Atlanta Braves, Atlanta Falcons, Houston Oilers (RIP - Love Ya Blue!)"]["{{}}{{}}][_
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2013, 04:56:00 PM »
Done, bitch!

The key for me has been the "don't want" is bigger than the "want." Truthfully, I do think there will always be a longing for a lost friend. I had this when I quit smoking for over 3 years, before lapsing again with dip. And I am feeling this again. Dealing with this sense of loss is part of what some of us need to come to terms with.

OK, funny story - I'm teaching class tonight and one of my students says, "I heard you're trying to quit chew." I said, "That's not accurate - I have quit and will stay quit." Then I get real close to him and say, "Do you have a problem with that?" He reels backward stammering, "No, no, no, that's cool." Hahahaha. I tell you, my sense of humor has been real fucked up lately.

Another story today. I pull into the dentist for the 6 mo. clean and check. This chick pulls in and parks a new F-150 in the fucking handicapped spot. She jumps out all spry and shit. I say, "Hey, that's a handicapped spot." She says, "No it's not." Well, she's parked in the damn cross hatched area next to the handicapped spot for the crippled people's wheelchairs and I know she knows she's wrong. I walk closer to her and say real low and kinda growly - "You need to be re-calibrated." She looks at me all puzzled cause she has no fucking idea what that mean, and neither do I. I turned and walked into the office for my appointment. Said something to the receptionist and she said it was the lab girl who parks there all the time. Maybe she'll rethink her parking choices. Maybe not...

I tell you, getting this shit out of my system has brought with it a new normal. I like what I'm feeling. I think some re-calibration is in my near future.

Funny. I remember fighting over a parking space with a punk kid. He jaws at me, and I jaw at him...I don't even recall if I was in the right here. I just didn't like some punk acting all tough with me.

He tells me to back off and I say, "If you are looking for a fist fight, I'll fist fight you...ya nipple!"

In my head I'm thinking, "Nipple"? He starts to yell back at me and then stops dead sentence..."Wait, did you just call me a nipple?"

We both started laughing and I said, "You know I may have caused all this, I am quitting tobacco and I don't think straight." Next thing I know a possible fist fight turned to laughing like we were long lost friends. Other shoppers were just as confused but at cosco that saturday, free samples and a show. What a deal.

On about 45 days of my quit my temper was out of control and we were drinking tequila at a local bar and we walked out to get some fresh air.

On our way back in the bouncer wanted to see our ID, I said EFF off, you saw that we just walked out. He mouthed off and I bent over and whispered "your a eff'in pussy"

He backed up and said "I don't understand why you are calling me names, I am just doing my job". This dis-fussed everything and I told him I had just quit and he said he's has tried and knows how hard it is. We both laughed and I told him I was sorry.

TOUCHE`
Rage on Bro's!

I'm 981 days into this fight and still mad as hell at nicotine and big tobaccy!

USE THE FORCE QUITTERS!!

WHATEVER WORKS FOR YOU, JUST STAY QUIT!
I quit with with you all!

Offline ParadigmDawg

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mountain BikingRoad BikingHome Audio
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2013, 04:49:00 PM »
Done, bitch!

TOUCHE`
Oh little worm-dirt...you are so scary...F' OFF...!!!

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2013, 03:50:00 PM »
Done, bitch!

"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline ParadigmDawg

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mountain BikingRoad BikingHome Audio
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2013, 03:38:00 PM »
Done, bitch!

Oh little worm-dirt...you are so scary...F' OFF...!!!

Offline DerikR

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, Camping, Skiing, Craft Beer
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2013, 02:48:00 PM »
Done, bitch!

Agreed, the Flying Fucks have some pretty awesome badasses. Proud to be quit with y'all today.

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2013, 12:54:00 PM »
Done, bitch!

Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline Reaper

• Quitter
  • Interests: im interested in hunting camping 4 wheeler riding and horses but mostly kicking this habit in the ass.
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2013, 09:59:00 AM »
Awesome job on the quit. I know the feeling when you quit you begin to think more clearer and see things that you used to let go now bother you. its a awesome feeling to have control of your thoughts and mind again without the aid of the nicotine controlling them. Keep up the good work and keep posting here on the site. if I can help in any way let me know.
I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.?

#8213; D.H. Lawrence,

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2013, 09:32:00 AM »
I fucking love it. It is good to see that someone else is as outspoken as I am in real life.

I absolutely love it! Quit on today, keep the stories coming and it's great to see that "clarity" coming through in people. I have always been an outspoken person, but now I can see that the response time for my wit is much faster than it was when I was a helmet wearing dipping dipshit!
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline Finny

• Quitter
  • Interests: Hockey, running, fantasy football, endurance training, psychology.
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2013, 09:25:00 AM »
As always I want to send my support out to my fellow quitters, but really, I just wanted to say that those stories were hilarious. Here's to being poison free!
Quit Date - 8/15/2013

Offline ihatecope

• Quitter
  • Interests: Family & Football
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2013, 06:39:00 AM »
Done, bitch!

Quit: Saturday Oct 26, 2013 @ 2:00 PM
HOF: February 2, 2014

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2013, 05:33:00 AM »
You feel like a super hero don't you? Getting the poison out feels like being re-born. It's like you are a whole new person. As for the "hole" part I know what you mean. It seems to come and go. I've lost my little best friend. Only that little best friend was a wicked poisonous killer and I was in too much of a stupor to realize it or to care about anything else in life that mattered. My dulled senses from tobacco made me miss who my wife and kids really are. Made me miss beauty in the world. Made me afraid to assert myself, or uninspired.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018