Author Topic: It's go-time -- nervous anxiety and all...  (Read 4656 times)

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: It's go-time -- nervous anxiety and all...
« Reply #85 on: October 13, 2014, 10:13:00 PM »
Quote from: slug.go
Quote from: Bronc
Quote from: brettlees
Quote from: Lipizzaner
Quote from: Doc
Quote from: Krusty
I've mentioned it in a couple of the newer groups recently, but for whatever reason -- a million things on my mind, busy at work / home, wife out of town and am in need of some wifey therapy, etc. -- I have been having a crazy amount of caving nightmares. Like, crazy wake-up-in-a-panic-and-retrace-your-last-24-hrs-to-make-sure-you-didn't-cave type of nightmares. I don't have dreams very often, and when I read early in my quit about the "cave dreams" that many have, I figured it would never happen to me, and wouldn't be a big deal if it did. Couldn't have been more wrong.

It's been over eight hours since I got up and got on with my weekend, and I'm still worked up about it. I'm fortunate that I'm at a place in my quit where the majority of triggers have been confronted and overcome, I've got quitters' phone numbers in all time zones that are relevant to me, am in an active text group, am as involved as life allows me to be on KTC, and I'm in the best HOF month on the site (for my needs, purposes  personality). Maybe because of this level of commitment to my and my Mayhem brothers' quits, as well as those that have come back recently to post another day 1, the fuzzy feeling of caving in a dream sequence sickens me as much as it does. No clue, but it only serves to further fortify my quit.

As if nicotine didn't rob me and my loved ones of enough during the 20+ years that I used it, now it's preventing me from getting a good (or sticky) night's sleep? I detest nicotine on so many levels, I'm quaking with rage. Fuck the fuck off, you son of a cunt.

Rage on brother! You are "healing" and winning. Thanks for helping my quit EDD. If you need me, I'm here to rage right along with you.
I've had some bad dreams lately too.
I look at it as - the addiction part of my brain has realized that it can no longer affect my waking mind, so it is attacking me while I sleep.
Well suck it, Nic Bitch. I can't buy chew while I'm sleeping, so you got no shot.
With you guys on this. Nice post Krusty. I just had a damned dip dream 2 nights ago, and didn't even have regrets or whatever. It just sucked, and was annoying when I woke up. When will it ever leave, right? probably never- but the difference is this time we know what addiction means, that we can never have just one, and that one day at a time works. That and the support/accountabilty system is the biggest lifesaver of all.
Thanks for sharing Krusty! Thanks for contributing to our quits today!
Krusty, if it ever becomes more than a dream. Your nuts + steel vise + lead anvil. It will be done.
You know you have this. Nic Bitch canÂ’t touch when youÂ’re awake, so she sneaks up on you at night. Fuck her.
Krusty, nice rage post brother! Love it! I hear yah about thank god quit is solid... I still get periodic dreams that scare the shit outta me... I had one last week, but Fuck that shit! I ain't caving...

Offline slug.go

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/14
  • Interests: Family, motorcycles, all sports, hunting, fishing, guns
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #84 on: October 13, 2014, 11:53:00 AM »
Quote from: Bronc
I've mentioned it in a couple of the newer groups recently, but for whatever reason -- a million things on my mind, busy at work / home, wife out of town and am in need of some wifey therapy, etc. -- I have been having a crazy amount of caving nightmares. Like, crazy wake-up-in-a-panic-and-retrace-your-last-24-hrs-to-make-sure-you-didn't-cave type of nightmares. I don't have dreams very often, and when I read early in my quit about the "cave dreams" that many have, I figured it would never happen to me, and wouldn't be a big deal if it did. Couldn't have been more wrong.

It's been over eight hours since I got up and got on with my weekend, and I'm still worked up about it. I'm fortunate that I'm at a place in my quit where the majority of triggers have been confronted and overcome, I've got quitters' phone numbers in all time zones that are relevant to me, am in an active text group, am as involved as life allows me to be on KTC, and I'm in the best HOF month on the site (for my needs, purposes  personality). Maybe because of this level of commitment to my and my Mayhem brothers' quits, as well as those that have come back recently to post another day 1, the fuzzy feeling of caving in a dream sequence sickens me as much as it does. No clue, but it only serves to further fortify my quit.

As if nicotine didn't rob me and my loved ones of enough during the 20+ years that I used it, now it's preventing me from getting a good (or sticky) night's sleep? I detest nicotine on so many levels, I'm quaking with rage. Fuck the fuck off, you son of a cunt.

Rage on brother! You are "healing" and winning. Thanks for helping my quit EDD. If you need me, I'm here to rage right along with you.
I look at it as - the addiction part of my brain has realized that it can no longer affect my waking mind, so it is attacking me while I sleep.
Well suck it, Nic Bitch. I can't buy chew while I'm sleeping, so you got no shot.
With you guys on this. Nice post Krusty. I just had a damned dip dream 2 nights ago, and didn't even have regrets or whatever. It just sucked, and was annoying when I woke up. When will it ever leave, right? probably never- but the difference is this time we know what addiction means, that we can never have just one, and that one day at a time works. That and the support/accountabilty system is the biggest lifesaver of all.
Krusty, if it ever becomes more than a dream. Your nuts + steel vise + lead anvil. It will be done.
You know you have this. Nic Bitch canÂ’t touch when youÂ’re awake, so she sneaks up on you at night. Fuck her.
Quit since 1/23/14

Offline bronc

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 3/14/14
  • Interests: Rodeo, Hunting, Raising my daughter, Cooking and entertaining
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #83 on: October 13, 2014, 11:32:00 AM »

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #82 on: October 13, 2014, 10:14:00 AM »

This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline Lipizzaner

• BANNED
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #81 on: October 11, 2014, 11:28:00 PM »

Offline Doc Chewfree

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-02-06
« Reply #80 on: October 11, 2014, 10:03:00 PM »

Brave men are honored, rich men are envied, powerful men are feared, but only a man with character is trusted
Quit on Feb. 6, 2014

Offline Krusty

• Quitter
« Reply #79 on: October 11, 2014, 06:53:00 PM »

Offline tgafish

• FREEDOM
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 5-26-2011
  • Interests: Family,Fishing, hunting
« Reply #78 on: August 21, 2014, 08:52:00 PM »
Far too long since the last contribution to Krusty's Quit Journal, but not for lack of focus on my quit. This entry is not meant to mark any milestone, either -- a lot of guys have reached out with congrats on reaching 50 today, and that strengthens my resolve and proves that "the system" works. If I wasn't building a support network over the past seven weeks, however, my phone wouldn't have been lighting up all day, and I would have been cheating myself -- and today posed no test to my quit, thankfully.

I'm not so naive to think that the future is all butterflies and rainbows, and I've been amazed at some of the shit that other people have been juggling both early and well into their quits, yet their commitment has been unwavering. I've been fortunate that the physical side of my quit has been manageable. Mentally was a bit more challenging early-on, particularly when I lost sight of ODAAT and got overwhelmed thinking about "forever". While HOF is in the back of my mind, it only represents a number, some words of reflection, and commemoration with the guys in my immediate circle. Life goes on the next day, and it's back to ODAAT, regardless of how many days are behind it.

Sharing a bit more about myself and my reserved view about HOF: the last meaningful time I took a break from my addiction to Copenhagen was one year before I got married to my beautiful (and wonderfully patient) wife, which was mid-2006 to mid-2007. She was a social smoker at the time, and I was then as I am now: completely beholden to nicotine. We made a pact that we would both stop using our respective nicotine products for the year before our wedding, to "enjoy" the engagement period with a healthy lifestyle or something. But really it was because we also agreed that on the night of the wedding reception, we would allow ourselves to let loose and get reacquainted with our old nicotine friends.

So, we kept our word to each other and stayed clean for one year. And at the party after our reception, she bummed a cigarette from some of her friends, and I tore into a tin of Copenhagen like a wild animal deprived of food for weeks. Kept it in / refreshed it well into the early morning hours. Couldn't have been happier -- had just celebrated the happiest day of my life, was in the company of closest friends and family, was in an amazing location, and I had a massive fatty in my mouth. When everyone started peeling off for bed, my new bride said she wanted to "go to bed", too. And what did her new loving husband do, upon being presented with the quintessential wedding night opportunity?

You guessed it: put in a fresh lipper and hung out with college buddies to fill up our spitters some more.

Fucking jackass.

I think that's why I'm trying to avoid ascribing too much importance to HOF, at least in my case: the last time I stopped using for any comparable length of time, I rewarded myself with a cave, and embraced it. I was counting down the days to my cave, for crying out loud. Since that planned cave, every effort to stop using was a pathetic attempt to appease my wife's concerns about my health, our future together, and the impact my dipping was having on our relationship. And deep down, in every case, I knew I wasn't going to keep any promise to stop dipping.

So here I am. 50 days into my quit. And I'm counting down the days to have a massive helping of more quit, with gravy. Fucking jackass.
I just jerked off to this post. Outfuckingstanding!
"DADDY, PLEASE DON'T GO"---- Kenzi Kern
Quit: 5-26-11
HOF: 9-2-11
Today and I'll bet tomorrow too
"Quit is the realization that chewing doesn't help........ever. Anything you tell yourself opposite this is a lie"-SM

Offline Sap

• Quitter
« Reply #77 on: August 21, 2014, 11:17:00 AM »
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
October 19, 2004

Sitting in the upper decks of Yankee Stadium with a buddy on a chilly October night, thanking my lucky stars for scoring a ticket to game 6 of the ALCS between the good guys from the Bronx and the deplorable Red Sux, and going through a tin of Copenhagen like I was paid sponsor for US Smokeless Tobacco Co. Watching Curt Schilling absolutely dominate us on the night that would quickly become known as "the bloody sock game." Phenomenal rivalry, incredible competitor, and, it turns out, as big of an addict as me.

Note to self: if there's ever a passing doubt as to why you're quit, if all the other individual and familial reasons don't carry the same weight, and if all your KTC contacts and brethren collectively decide to stop giving a shit, read this and remember the bloody sock game.

If you're too lazy to read, watch this.

Above all, don't tell yourself no one warned you.
Addict-speak galore in the comment section of that article. Thank you KTC for enlightening us. Jim Kelly has the same cancer. But I hear he won't admit to being a tobacco user. At least Schilling is admitting it, but he is not going to get on his soap-box? These guys need to learn big-tobacco defiance. My biggest takeaway from KTC, besides ODAAT and brotherhood, is how disgusting and cruel the tobacco industry, as well as our complicit government, are toward citizens. They want us to die early and painfully. And don't give me any of that libertarian free-market bullshit that says people should be free to make their own choice to kill themselves with tobacco products. This shit should be regulated out of existence. Pure fucking evil. Our children are in the crosshairs. Educate and pass on your knowledge. Do not let them be victims.
Thanks guys- that's why we're on the same time. Fuck this poisonous addictive shit! Anything else half as deadly, or half as addictive, highly regulated or banned. This is an old-money industry that is proven pure evil, intentionally evil since at least the 1960s, and people still call it an issue of freedom? Ridiculous!! The shit needs to be banned. UST and others should not be FREE to poison and addict people to a product just to line their pockets. I could go on an on. Krusty and Claws you both are fine warriors in this fight and I'm with you. Thanks for bringing the most recent media forward to everyone Krusty.
Exactly, gents, you all have nailed it. You can't claim that it's solely the fault of the addicted masses when the industry deliberately plans how to get more people addicted, market to younger kids, and bastadizes scientific research to achieve a bogus finding that is inconsistent with real research and what our own eyes tell us. These guys are absolutely trying to muddy the waters in an effort to keep as many people paying for their product as possible. Sure, you can blame all of us addicts for making the conscious decision to put the shit in our mouths time and time again, but the blame is equally shared with the people who continue to make it, market it, and miscommunicate it's lethality.
If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic? - Sam Harris

What the hell is a meatless, cheeseless pizza? Isn't that a breadstick? Doc Chewfree

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #76 on: August 21, 2014, 10:52:00 AM »
October 19, 2004

Sitting in the upper decks of Yankee Stadium with a buddy on a chilly October night, thanking my lucky stars for scoring a ticket to game 6 of the ALCS between the good guys from the Bronx and the deplorable Red Sux, and going through a tin of Copenhagen like I was paid sponsor for US Smokeless Tobacco Co. Watching Curt Schilling absolutely dominate us on the night that would quickly become known as "the bloody sock game." Phenomenal rivalry, incredible competitor, and, it turns out, as big of an addict as me.

Note to self: if there's ever a passing doubt as to why you're quit, if all the other individual and familial reasons don't carry the same weight, and if all your KTC contacts and brethren collectively decide to stop giving a shit, read this and remember the bloody sock game.

Addict-speak galore in the comment section of that article. Thank you KTC for enlightening us. Jim Kelly has the same cancer. But I hear he won't admit to being a tobacco user. At least Schilling is admitting it, but he is not going to get on his soap-box? These guys need to learn big-tobacco defiance. My biggest takeaway from KTC, besides ODAAT and brotherhood, is how disgusting and cruel the tobacco industry, as well as our complicit government, are toward citizens. They want us to die early and painfully. And don't give me any of that libertarian free-market bullshit that says people should be free to make their own choice to kill themselves with tobacco products. This shit should be regulated out of existence. Pure fucking evil. Our children are in the crosshairs. Educate and pass on your knowledge. Do not let them be victims.
Thanks guys- that's why we're on the same time. Fuck this poisonous addictive shit! Anything else half as deadly, or half as addictive, highly regulated or banned. This is an old-money industry that is proven pure evil, intentionally evil since at least the 1960s, and people still call it an issue of freedom? Ridiculous!! The shit needs to be banned. UST and others should not be FREE to poison and addict people to a product just to line their pockets. I could go on an on. Krusty and Claws you both are fine warriors in this fight and I'm with you. Thanks for bringing the most recent media forward to everyone Krusty.
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #75 on: August 21, 2014, 05:07:00 AM »
October 19, 2004

Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline Krusty

• Quitter
« Reply #74 on: August 21, 2014, 03:20:00 AM »
October 19, 2004

Offline Doc Chewfree

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-02-06
« Reply #73 on: August 15, 2014, 10:36:00 PM »
Quote from: rdad
Quote from: Done4Me
Quote from: B-loMatt
200. Washy, washy, motherfucker!
Holy crap you are at 200 days already Krusty!?! Man did you every come here to quit! You are a grizzled quit veteran for sure. BTW it gets even better! Enjoy your day brother.
Never read your intro before Krusty. Nicely done. And congrats on 200.
Man, you did Go-Time with a flair and never looked back-- congrats on 200. Keep it up-- it isn't over but it keeps getting better for sure! You have the tools and are good with them- just keep going the way you have. By this point, I feel like we're walking this path essentially together rather than me in front- the difference in our days has become pretty insignificant by now. Glad to be on the journey with you- your presence has made my path better.
x2 to all they said Krusty! Congrats and glad you are here. Keep going brother. I hear it gets better and better.
Bad ass since day 1. No butterfly syndrome with this one. Keep it up brother!
Thanks all -- really appreciate the PMs, notes on roll, texts, and here. If nothing else, it's a damn fine example that the accountability doctrine instilled here works. Look forward to seeing you all on roll in the AM.
True badass!
Brave men are honored, rich men are envied, powerful men are feared, but only a man with character is trusted
Quit on Feb. 6, 2014

Offline Krusty

• Quitter
« Reply #72 on: August 15, 2014, 09:01:00 PM »
Holy crap you are at 200 days already Krusty!?! Man did you every come here to quit! You are a grizzled quit veteran for sure. BTW it gets even better! Enjoy your day brother.
Man, you did Go-Time with a flair and never looked back-- congrats on 200. Keep it up-- it isn't over but it keeps getting better for sure! You have the tools and are good with them- just keep going the way you have. By this point, I feel like we're walking this path essentially together rather than me in front- the difference in our days has become pretty insignificant by now. Glad to be on the journey with you- your presence has made my path better.
x2 to all they said Krusty! Congrats and glad you are here. Keep going brother. I hear it gets better and better.
Thanks all -- really appreciate the PMs, notes on roll, texts, and here. If nothing else, it's a damn fine example that the accountability doctrine instilled here works. Look forward to seeing you all on roll in the AM.

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #71 on: August 15, 2014, 11:42:00 AM »
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018