Author Topic: Where's your crown, KingNothing?  (Read 13031 times)

Offline Candoit

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • The Candy Man
  • Quit Date: Today
  • Likes Given: 121
Re: Where's your crown, KingNothing?
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2015, 04:17:00 PM »
Quote from: KingNothing
Quote from: I'm
Quote from: Candoit
Quote from: Its_Got2Happen
Hey King. Welcome aboard. I dig the name and dig the intro. Seems like you are the real deal. I suggest you get some numbers if you haven't already. A text group can be a lifesaver when tough times hit..... And they will. I quit with you today.
King keep kicking the nic bitch in the throat. Remember you are only as accountable as you let yourself be.
Thanks for the assists and the words of wisdom. I'm taking all of this to heart and incorporating more and more of it into my quit everyday.
Good example of accountability.... It doesn't just benefit new guys. Been having a shitty day and when King texts out of the blue to remind you of things in your own intro, it can make you remember that a bad day only holds merit if you allow it too. Thank you bro!

Sometimes a person doesn't even know that what they are doing is helping someone. THAT is why we build networks of accountability with each other.
EDD with you my man. EDD.
The successes of those we help all make us walk a little taller. Feel a little less alone.

If you are ever alone it is because you chose to be. There is always someone here who shares a similarity. If they are not there words are here.

The best thing I can tell you to do is pick two things to read every day.
1. A quit group of an older vintage
2. Something new else where

With that quit group read up to the same place ie. If you read Oct 11 or 14 read up through today. 7-21. Tomorrow 7-22 ect
So you can be reminded that you aren't the first or last to go through this.
There are no circumstances in which using nicotine will improve the outcome.

My journey. The best part it is not over yet.

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-10
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2015, 03:06:00 PM »
Hey King. Welcome aboard. I dig the name and dig the intro. Seems like you are the real deal. I suggest you get some numbers if you haven't already. A text group can be a lifesaver when tough times hit..... And they will. I quit with you today.
King keep kicking the nic bitch in the throat. Remember you are only as accountable as you let yourself be.
Thanks for the assists and the words of wisdom. I'm taking all of this to heart and incorporating more and more of it into my quit everyday.
Good example of accountability.... It doesn't just benefit new guys. Been having a shitty day and when King texts out of the blue to remind you of things in your own intro, it can make you remember that a bad day only holds merit if you allow it too. Thank you bro!

Sometimes a person doesn't even know that what they are doing is helping someone. THAT is why we build networks of accountability with each other.
EDD with you my man. EDD.
"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
"You need to decide how much you really want to be quit." - pky1520
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

I'm done with chew

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2015, 03:02:00 PM »

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2015, 12:58:00 PM »
"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline Candoit

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • The Candy Man
  • Quit Date: Today
  • Likes Given: 121
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2015, 12:55:00 PM »
There are no circumstances in which using nicotine will improve the outcome.

My journey. The best part it is not over yet.

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2015, 05:31:00 AM »

Online worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2015, 09:38:00 PM »
Quote from: normjr88
Thanks Pab, Jim, and Rawls. If I don't jump in this thing all the way, I won't get there. It was easy to feed the addiction so that part didn't take much work. It's a b*tch to battle it everyday, but the battle itself is a win, so all the work put in is worth it.

I've been reading cave stories for some reason today. The last two I read were Lumberjack Tim's and Cheezhead's. Both guys in June 2015, but Cheezhead had caved before. Cheezhead DESTROYED guys that caved in June 2015. LJT was humble, and spoke of rehabilitation and the need to be quit, etc. Well you know where LJT is today because he has most likely posted in your group's forum more than the rest of you combined, and he recently hit HOF. When was the last time you heard from Cheezhead?

Even the cave stories offer quit-hardening material. Guys like LJT realize what they've been offered here, and take it to heart. Guys like Cheezhead, well they don't. LJT comes to battle everyday and for 102 some odd days, his score sheet is clean, and while I don't know him personally, I would wager that Cheezhead is making love to that can right now.

I'm quit today with Pab, Jim, Rawls, LJT, October 2015, and all the rest of you guys (and gals) that continue to put your big boy (and girl) pants on every damn day take your lives back.

King
Your one bad ass mother fucker. 'oh yeah'
I like this intro. A lot.

Quit with you today.

Offline normjr88

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-06-01
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2015, 09:11:00 PM »
Thanks Pab, Jim, and Rawls. If I don't jump in this thing all the way, I won't get there. It was easy to feed the addiction so that part didn't take much work. It's a b*tch to battle it everyday, but the battle itself is a win, so all the work put in is worth it.

I've been reading cave stories for some reason today. The last two I read were Lumberjack Tim's and Cheezhead's. Both guys in June 2015, but Cheezhead had caved before. Cheezhead DESTROYED guys that caved in June 2015. LJT was humble, and spoke of rehabilitation and the need to be quit, etc. Well you know where LJT is today because he has most likely posted in your group's forum more than the rest of you combined, and he recently hit HOF. When was the last time you heard from Cheezhead?

Even the cave stories offer quit-hardening material. Guys like LJT realize what they've been offered here, and take it to heart. Guys like Cheezhead, well they don't. LJT comes to battle everyday and for 102 some odd days, his score sheet is clean, and while I don't know him personally, I would wager that Cheezhead is making love to that can right now.

I'm quit today with Pab, Jim, Rawls, LJT, October 2015, and all the rest of you guys (and gals) that continue to put your big boy (and girl) pants on every damn day take your lives back.

King
Your one bad ass mother fucker. 'oh yeah'

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2015, 08:46:00 PM »
Great attitude. Keep it up. A big key is to piece together your quit tool kit. You appear to be doing just that. Like a good Boy Scout, always be prepared.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2015, 06:18:00 PM »

King

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2015, 05:55:00 PM »
Take note newbies...this King is posting 9.1 times a day.

Respect what you started brother.

Quiting is more than a decision.
It's a full time job, of being accountable shoulder to shoulder.

I Quit with you king.
Rawls 245
I believe.....

Offline jimthins

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-08-04
  • Interests: Fishing, Hunting, Shooting, and Golf.
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2015, 04:57:00 PM »
Quote from: pab1964
Thanks all for the support. I really haven't left the site except to sleep the last three or four days, and it has done wonders for my comprehension of what we battle everyday here. This is no freakin joke, life or death, you can only choose one. I have read hundreds of intros the last few days, some longtime quitters that have succumbed after 100, 200, 1000 days. It's crazy to think that after years of not touching nicotine, it can just rock our world after only one use. Some guys plan caves, others just get complacent, but every single one strays from the heart of this site (post roll, keep your promise). I will put every ounce of my being into not letting that happen to my quit, but just for today. Tomorrow I will again make the choice of living or dying.

Man am I glad I found this place. I know now, that even though I've only been "addicted" for a few years, I can never have just one more. This is my penance for allowing less than a can a month to turn into a can a day addiction. I'm lucky to have found this place when I did. Now I am in control of each and every day from here on out. I will exert said control with the accountability I am building here and the testicular fortitude I have lacked heretofore.

I am quit today.

King
Great job king! Keep that attitude up brother and you will accomplish your goal. I'm with you so thankful I found this place , 202 days later would not be possible without ktc! Keep paying it forward, stay one step ahead! Quit with you today my friend!
Rock on, King. You've got all the right ingredients going for you. Keep it up. Wake up, post roll, stay quit. Rinse and repeat... one day at a time.

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2015, 10:31:00 PM »
Thanks all for the support. I really haven't left the site except to sleep the last three or four days, and it has done wonders for my comprehension of what we battle everyday here. This is no freakin joke, life or death, you can only choose one. I have read hundreds of intros the last few days, some longtime quitters that have succumbed after 100, 200, 1000 days. It's crazy to think that after years of not touching nicotine, it can just rock our world after only one use. Some guys plan caves, others just get complacent, but every single one strays from the heart of this site (post roll, keep your promise). I will put every ounce of my being into not letting that happen to my quit, but just for today. Tomorrow I will again make the choice of living or dying.

Man am I glad I found this place. I know now, that even though I've only been "addicted" for a few years, I can never have just one more. This is my penance for allowing less than a can a month to turn into a can a day addiction. I'm lucky to have found this place when I did. Now I am in control of each and every day from here on out. I will exert said control with the accountability I am building here and the testicular fortitude I have lacked heretofore.

I am quit today.

King
Great job king! Keep that attitude up brother and you will accomplish your goal. I'm with you so thankful I found this place , 202 days later would not be possible without ktc! Keep paying it forward, stay one step ahead! Quit with you today my friend!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2015, 08:00:00 PM »

I am quit today.

King

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
  • The bluebird can sing, but the crow's got the soul
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2015, 07:50:00 PM »
Quote from: worktowin
Quote from: zquitter
Quote from: flrednek28
Hey guys, King here with a brief introduction. I dipped for the first time my senior year of college to impress some of the folks I was hanging around. I would chew randomly here and there for the next four or five years, probably less than a can a month. In fact, I often had to toss cans because the dip resembled pencil shavings rather than dip before I would finish the can.

At any rate, life started to pick up a little, and I found (edit: thought I found) a way to handle it. Then it became fun to do camping, drinking, fishing, golfing, watching sports, playing cards, etc. Got married, had a kid. Dipping started to really pick up and about three years ago, I "escaped" with dip to the tune of half a can to a can a day. I've stopped a few times, because I never really grasped the addiction part of addiction and told myself I could handle just "slowing down" instead of quitting altogether. After reading a lot on KTC, I've found that I'm not the only one to have thought that they could control the addiction while using rather than the other way around, and for me this is incredibly empowering.

On day 8 right now and I have already learned a ton on KTC. I'm so jacked to be here, and pumped to get to share in the success of other quitters that just couldn't get it done on our own. I used to be afraid to admit that, but I know now that I cannot do this myself. I need the accountability and I need the brotherhood to make this work.

Sorry for the rambling but a couple more things before I go. First, the reason I chose KingNothing is the following verse spoke to me when I heard it recently, and affirmed that I was a shell of the person I wanted to be while using dip. Despite all of life's many blessings, I was basically a total loser with nothing but my can to keep me company:

"All the wants you waste
All the things youÂ’ve chased

Then it all crashes down
And you break your crown
And you point your finger
But thereÂ’s no one around
Just want one thing
Just to play the king
But the castleÂ’s crumbled
And youÂ’re left with just a name

WhereÂ’s your crown,
King Nothing?"

- Metallica (in case you have been living under a rock for the last 20 years)

Well that's all bullshit and in the past now. I'm quitting for me and my health, but also to be a better husband, dad to my kids, brother, son, etc.

Nic never did anything for me, and I will no longer do anything for nic.

Thanks all for creating the site and for the support each and every day. Quit with each of you all day today.

King
The lyrics alone may make this the best intro I have ever read! Glad to see you make an intro, I've been following your posts in October. Keep posting up EDD and your gonna crush this. QLF with you today!
King, first of all welcome to thebest decision you could make. Been showing you support since saw your avatar, been fan since 86, great to see you being active in your month already, best way to maintain quit in early stages. QLF with you!!!
Nice work bro. Keep quitting.

I felt like a totally different person after about 60 days. Let us know if you notice anything different.
Killer intro!

Bro you are in the right place and you have the right mindset. One day at a time you are going to love where you are going. In the meantime, remember the struggles, the fog, the craves... Because this is the misery that nicotine has brought to your life, and that you will never have to relive ever again.

If I can help with anything, shoot me an email. This quit will change your life in ways you never expected. Welcome aboard!
I agree bro, any musical lyrics brought into a quit are bad ass. You've got the right mindset, now it's just a matter of executing ... EDD.
My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.