Author Topic: Where's your crown, KingNothing?  (Read 13030 times)

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Where's your crown, KingNothing?
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2015, 08:54:00 PM »
Quote from: I'm
Quote from: KingNothing
Day 25 today, and I have to recount a mental conversation I had with myself this last weekend. I was thinking about the newest guys going through what everybody refers to as "the suck" for the first week or so. I can still vividly remember how bad those first few days were, and the complete lack of focus, energy, etc.

My revelation this weekend, however, was that this is not the worst part. My fear of never having to go through the suck again is not as great as that feeling I had every time I bought a can and wondered if this was the can that would do me in. It's not as bad as that feeling after a "bender" the previous night and waking up to gums and teeth that hurt like hell. It's not as bad as that pit in my stomach every time I had an inflamed tastebud or cold sore and wondering if this was the beginning of the end. It's not as bad as that feeling of ditching my wife and kids, to go on some make believe errand to indulge in poison. It's not as bad as that feeling that I can no longer control this addiction.

Fear is still a very real part of my quit. Ironically, the fear has nothing to do with the quit, and everything to do with why I am quit. Fear, slavery, addiction, will no longer control me or my actions. I have worked too damn hard the last 25 days to willingly go back to those shitty feelings and emotions, only to allow slavery to regain its footing in my life. Fuck that. I'm quit.
'clap' 'clap' 'clap' 'clap' 'clap' 'clap' 'clap' 'clap' 'clap' 'clap' 'clap' 'clap' 'clap' 'clap' 'clap' 'clap'

This is the attitude that quitters need. Never forget day one and why you quit in the first place.
BOOM. That's what I'm talking about. Way to go king. Keep it up.

I'm done with chew

« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2015, 04:04:00 PM »
Day 25 today, and I have to recount a mental conversation I had with myself this last weekend. I was thinking about the newest guys going through what everybody refers to as "the suck" for the first week or so. I can still vividly remember how bad those first few days were, and the complete lack of focus, energy, etc.

My revelation this weekend, however, was that this is not the worst part. My fear of never having to go through the suck again is not as great as that feeling I had every time I bought a can and wondered if this was the can that would do me in. It's not as bad as that feeling after a "bender" the previous night and waking up to gums and teeth that hurt like hell. It's not as bad as that pit in my stomach every time I had an inflamed tastebud or cold sore and wondering if this was the beginning of the end. It's not as bad as that feeling of ditching my wife and kids, to go on some make believe errand to indulge in poison. It's not as bad as that feeling that I can no longer control this addiction.

Fear is still a very real part of my quit. Ironically, the fear has nothing to do with the quit, and everything to do with why I am quit. Fear, slavery, addiction, will no longer control me or my actions. I have worked too damn hard the last 25 days to willingly go back to those shitty feelings and emotions, only to allow slavery to regain its footing in my life. Fuck that. I'm quit.
'clap' 'clap' 'clap' 'clap' 'clap' 'clap' 'clap' 'clap' 'clap' 'clap' 'clap' 'clap' 'clap' 'clap' 'clap' 'clap'

This is the attitude that quitters need. Never forget day one and why you quit in the first place.

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-10
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2015, 11:14:00 AM »

"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
"You need to decide how much you really want to be quit." - pky1520
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline normjr88

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-06-01
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2015, 10:23:00 PM »
Quote from: I'm
Quote from: pab1964
Quote from: worktowin
Quote from: Steakbomb18
Quote from: jimthins
Quote from: Menace
My wife and one of my kids just surprised me by showing up at work unannounced. Didn't have to scramble to hide any dip cups, rush to the bathroom to clean my mouth out, hide any cans, or freak out at them because they didn't give me enough advanced warning. Instead, I got to chat with them for several minutes about their morning, and plan for the afternoon, anxiety-free. This struggle is worth it, I'm in.
Yep - your getting it brutha - awesome isn't it. I'll quit with you today.......
Great share. Those little victories will start to occur more often for you now. You're rocking this quit.
Read this little blurb and could actually taste the freedom oozing from that small but enormous victory. Do yourself a favor and re-read that post some day...never become that ever again; make that promise to yourself.

Not that my opinion matters, but I'm impressed, very impressed by the quit you've started. It adds fuel to my quit and I'd be happy to be a rock in your quit castle any day. Keep it up brotha.
Awesome win!!!

Dude this was a breakthrough moment. More to come. Winning is a great feeling.
Wow speechless! Awesome I will say I know like me you wish you'd found ktc year's ago! Quit on my friend you're killing it!
I most certainly do Pab. I feel like I've wasted years enslaved to the can, but the past is the past. I'm here now, and I can't do anything about what's already happened. Today I'm quit, and in the morning I'm going to post another promise to all you guys. Let's do this thing.
^^^^^ BAD ASS!
Bump for my bro.

I'm done with chew

« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2015, 09:49:00 AM »
My wife and one of my kids just surprised me by showing up at work unannounced. Didn't have to scramble to hide any dip cups, rush to the bathroom to clean my mouth out, hide any cans, or freak out at them because they didn't give me enough advanced warning. Instead, I got to chat with them for several minutes about their morning, and plan for the afternoon, anxiety-free. This struggle is worth it, I'm in.
Yep - your getting it brutha - awesome isn't it. I'll quit with you today.......
Great share. Those little victories will start to occur more often for you now. You're rocking this quit.
Read this little blurb and could actually taste the freedom oozing from that small but enormous victory. Do yourself a favor and re-read that post some day...never become that ever again; make that promise to yourself.

Not that my opinion matters, but I'm impressed, very impressed by the quit you've started. It adds fuel to my quit and I'd be happy to be a rock in your quit castle any day. Keep it up brotha.
Awesome win!!!

Wow speechless! Awesome I will say I know like me you wish you'd found ktc year's ago! Quit on my friend you're killing it!
I most certainly do Pab. I feel like I've wasted years enslaved to the can, but the past is the past. I'm here now, and I can't do anything about what's already happened. Today I'm quit, and in the morning I'm going to post another promise to all you guys. Let's do this thing.
^^^^^ BAD ASS!

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2015, 10:29:00 PM »

Awesome win!!!

"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2015, 10:09:00 PM »

Awesome win!!!

Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2015, 09:44:00 PM »

Awesome win!!!

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2015, 03:53:00 PM »

Certified Grade A Badass

Offline jimthins

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-08-04
  • Interests: Fishing, Hunting, Shooting, and Golf.
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2015, 09:46:00 AM »

Offline Menace

• Quitter
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2015, 07:26:00 PM »
Menace

I'm a Quitter, Are You?

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2015, 02:36:00 PM »
Quote from: 30isEnuff
The quit life:
I have more time to learn and experience the world around me.
The world gets clearer with each passing day.
It is very easy to not dip because I posted roll Today and my word is good.
Integrity is mine. Honesty with myself and my family is mine.
Lying is not a thought anymore.
I missed a lot by being drunk on nicotine for so long. I cannot make up for the past, but I can live Today in the fullest way I know.
Thanksgiving is near. I am thankful for this site. (yes I am addicted to this site) It won't kill me. It won't steal from me. Every quitter here makes me stronger. Especially the ones who stay around.
If you are white-knucking your quit...keep quitting everyday. Just let it all go and lean into the fall. Close the door gently but securely. You are done, you are finished with the poison. Begin living your life, free. Learn to live with this world. It is all good.
Happy Thanksgiving Quitters.
Be well, be quit, behave.
I had to borrow this from 30isEnuff's intro. This could be my own personal Bill of Rights or something on this quest. Great stuff 30 and thanks for posting.

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2015, 02:34:00 PM »
poof

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Offline TLOC81

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-01-13
  • Interests: Quitting chewing tobacco for good
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2015, 01:29:00 PM »
Awesome King. Smells like freedom in here. That's a big win!
Tedx on addiction
Transcending addiction Tedx

Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I've done it a thousand times. -Mark Twain

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2015, 01:13:00 PM »

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good