Author Topic: Where's your crown, KingNothing?  (Read 13027 times)

Offline ryank3325

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-26
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Where's your crown, KingNothing?
« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2015, 12:48:00 PM »
Great post the other day! I can relate to so much of what you said. The Nic Bitch has been playing the same mind games with me. It feels like half the battle is just recognizing that it's a mind game, that way you can state clearly and emphatically that, "No, bitch! You will not get me today! I'm done with your skanky ass!"

Stay strong and quit on!

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-10
« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2015, 11:35:00 AM »
Thanks to all for the support. I feel better than the last few days today, so I'm thinking with that rant I was able to finally get it out of my system. Proud to quit with all of you today.
"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
"You need to decide how much you really want to be quit." - pky1520
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2015, 10:35:00 PM »
Quote from: Andre
Quote from: I'm
Quote from: ChickDip
Quote from: jimthins
Quote from: worktowin
Quote from: KingNothing
Just. Keep. Going.

The last few days have been tough. My subconscious has returned the "glorifying" part of this addiction. As in, remember when driving used to be better with a dip? Remember when golf used to be better with a dip? Remember when being by yourself was better with a dip?

With the tools I have learned on this site though, I can make it. I promised the FUN bags and a bunch of other guys that today I wouldn't use it, so I'm not. What seems to kill the bad thoughts, is the idea that my life is NOT better with nicotine:

The drive wasn't any better. Remember the shavings all over your truck you dummy? Remember right after you put the dip in, the first few spits were kinda sticky? Remember how it stuck to the bottle and when you pulled the bottle away you had to scramble to not get slime on you? Remember how you had to try and hide the various cans in random places in the truck to avoid detection, and every time your wife got near your truck you freaked out because you didn't want her to find them?

Golf wasn't any better. Remember how you had to walk all the way off the green every time you needed to spit? Remember how the guys you played with got pissed because you were packing a freshy and it was your turn to hit? Remember how a blast from the sand would ruin a brand new chew and that was your biggest problem that day? Remember those young kids on the putting green that saw you with a big nasty wad in your mouth?

Being by myself wasn't any better. Remember how you basically had an affair with a stupid can? Remember when you would sit down after a long day and your wife left, and you were king of the world with your stupid face stuffed? Remember when your little boy would come out of his room because he was scared, and instead of comforting him, you got frustrated and hurried him back to his room so you could continue dipping "in peace"? Remember leaving the door to the garage open so your wife couldn't sneak up on you? Remember having to scramble to clean everything up when she got home early?

Fuck all of this bullshit. This isn't living. This isn't glorious or romantic. This is pure deranged bullshit. You threw years away enslaved by it. I can smell your rancid breath when you try to whisper to me. You can get dressed up all you want, wear something slutty, put on some smell good, and get me all sorts of drunk, but you will not take advantage of me any more. Turn out the lights and don't let the door smack you upside the ass as you leave.

The last few days have been tough, but not as tough as my brother going through chemo and radiation on his head. Not as tough as losing body parts to cancer. NOT NEARLY AS FUCKING TOUGH AS THE LAST THING THAT HAPPENS TO ME ON THIS EARTH IS HAVING ONE OF MY KIDS SCREAM "DADDY DON'T GO" because I was too fucking selfish to be done with it.

Just. Keep. Going. It will get better.
Winning is great. And that is what you've been doing.

I know... it sounds crazy. One day at a time, these bullshit moments you've been facing will turn to reminders of the years of losses - turned to years of wins.

You are doing great dude. Glad you decided to update this intro - you'll look back at this and be pissed at what you let nicotine do to you, and celebrate the freedom that you earned.

One day at a time.

-w2w
Good share, King. You have the right mindset. You're killing this quit and there is no need to stop now. Keep adding up the little victories... one day, one hour, one minute. Keep it up King. Proud to be quit with you today
That's an amazing reflection KingNo, makes us all look back and be glad of where we are now. Thanks.
Your intro updates are great reminders to all of us about the cunning abilities of the Nic Bitch. We all have our weak moments, but our strength is evident when we are able to recognize the lies for what they are and power through all the bullshit. Your attitude towards quitting and your hatred for your addiction are spot on and as long as you stay focused you are going to be successful. Quit on bro!
That is some strong smelling quit right there. Referencing Tom and Jenny's story always gives me pause. When I read that story the first time, roughly 67 days ago. I bawled my eyes out, damn near threw up, told my wife "that's it I am done. NOW" and walked away from Nicky and joined here
King we must always remember where we came from , where we at , and where we could be! I'm thankful for every day of freedom and also thankful after 38 years of poison I'm still able to be here in one piece! Quit on brothers and sisters, never turn back!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Andre the Grande

• Quitter
« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2015, 08:15:00 PM »
Just. Keep. Going.

The last few days have been tough. My subconscious has returned the "glorifying" part of this addiction. As in, remember when driving used to be better with a dip? Remember when golf used to be better with a dip? Remember when being by yourself was better with a dip?

With the tools I have learned on this site though, I can make it. I promised the FUN bags and a bunch of other guys that today I wouldn't use it, so I'm not. What seems to kill the bad thoughts, is the idea that my life is NOT better with nicotine:

The drive wasn't any better. Remember the shavings all over your truck you dummy? Remember right after you put the dip in, the first few spits were kinda sticky? Remember how it stuck to the bottle and when you pulled the bottle away you had to scramble to not get slime on you? Remember how you had to try and hide the various cans in random places in the truck to avoid detection, and every time your wife got near your truck you freaked out because you didn't want her to find them?

Golf wasn't any better. Remember how you had to walk all the way off the green every time you needed to spit? Remember how the guys you played with got pissed because you were packing a freshy and it was your turn to hit? Remember how a blast from the sand would ruin a brand new chew and that was your biggest problem that day? Remember those young kids on the putting green that saw you with a big nasty wad in your mouth?

Being by myself wasn't any better. Remember how you basically had an affair with a stupid can? Remember when you would sit down after a long day and your wife left, and you were king of the world with your stupid face stuffed? Remember when your little boy would come out of his room because he was scared, and instead of comforting him, you got frustrated and hurried him back to his room so you could continue dipping "in peace"? Remember leaving the door to the garage open so your wife couldn't sneak up on you? Remember having to scramble to clean everything up when she got home early?

Fuck all of this bullshit. This isn't living. This isn't glorious or romantic. This is pure deranged bullshit. You threw years away enslaved by it. I can smell your rancid breath when you try to whisper to me. You can get dressed up all you want, wear something slutty, put on some smell good, and get me all sorts of drunk, but you will not take advantage of me any more. Turn out the lights and don't let the door smack you upside the ass as you leave.

The last few days have been tough, but not as tough as my brother going through chemo and radiation on his head. Not as tough as losing body parts to cancer. NOT NEARLY AS FUCKING TOUGH AS THE LAST THING THAT HAPPENS TO ME ON THIS EARTH IS HAVING ONE OF MY KIDS SCREAM "DADDY DON'T GO" because I was too fucking selfish to be done with it.

I know... it sounds crazy. One day at a time, these bullshit moments you've been facing will turn to reminders of the years of losses - turned to years of wins.

You are doing great dude. Glad you decided to update this intro - you'll look back at this and be pissed at what you let nicotine do to you, and celebrate the freedom that you earned.

One day at a time.

-w2w
Good share, King. You have the right mindset. You're killing this quit and there is no need to stop now. Keep adding up the little victories... one day, one hour, one minute. Keep it up King. Proud to be quit with you today
That's an amazing reflection KingNo, makes us all look back and be glad of where we are now. Thanks.
Your intro updates are great reminders to all of us about the cunning abilities of the Nic Bitch. We all have our weak moments, but our strength is evident when we are able to recognize the lies for what they are and power through all the bullshit. Your attitude towards quitting and your hatred for your addiction are spot on and as long as you stay focused you are going to be successful. Quit on bro!
That is some strong smelling quit right there. Referencing Tom and Jenny's story always gives me pause. When I read that story the first time, roughly 67 days ago. I bawled my eyes out, damn near threw up, told my wife "that's it I am done. NOW" and walked away from Nicky and joined here
6/1/15=quit.  “The lesser of evil is still evil” Jerry Garcia

I'm done with chew

« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2015, 07:40:00 PM »
Just. Keep. Going.

One day at a time.

-w2w

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2098
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2015, 07:09:00 PM »
Just. Keep. Going.

One day at a time.

-w2w
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline jimthins

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-08-04
  • Interests: Fishing, Hunting, Shooting, and Golf.
« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2015, 06:12:00 PM »
Just. Keep. Going.

One day at a time.

-w2w

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2015, 04:10:00 PM »
Just. Keep. Going.

One day at a time.

-w2w

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2015, 04:07:00 PM »
Just. Keep. Going.

"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2015, 09:06:00 PM »
Borrowing this from Candoit because I was going through the exact same thing when I was struggling yesterday. Thanks Candyman, quit with you today.

Candoit
Aug 5 2015, 05:47 AM
Yesterday I had a tough day as far as my addiction went. It wasn't craves. I have had craves that literally brought me to my knees. That wasn't it. These were persistent thoughts...like a dip would taste great. If I have one I will be able to focus better. Why not? Just take my lumps and move on.

Guess what I pulled over and read KTC for almost an hour in a target parking lot. This is a constant reminder of the choices and actions we make. I choose to ignore those thoughts. I choose to honor my word. I put my quit above myselfish indulgence.

Make the right choice and embrace the hard choices. Those hard choices, may not pay off today or tomorrow, they will pay off in the long term. When you choose to reflect on the series of events that have happened you will realize why we do what we do here and how it pays off. I made it to post another +1, that is a huge vicotry no matter your day count.
Nice work king. You are right on track. keep it up

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2015, 11:41:00 AM »
Borrowing this from Candoit because I was going through the exact same thing when I was struggling yesterday. Thanks Candyman, quit with you today.

Candoit
Aug 5 2015, 05:47 AM
Yesterday I had a tough day as far as my addiction went. It wasn't craves. I have had craves that literally brought me to my knees. That wasn't it. These were persistent thoughts...like a dip would taste great. If I have one I will be able to focus better. Why not? Just take my lumps and move on.

Guess what I pulled over and read KTC for almost an hour in a target parking lot. This is a constant reminder of the choices and actions we make. I choose to ignore those thoughts. I choose to honor my word. I put my quit above myselfish indulgence.

Make the right choice and embrace the hard choices. Those hard choices, may not pay off today or tomorrow, they will pay off in the long term. When you choose to reflect on the series of events that have happened you will realize why we do what we do here and how it pays off. I made it to post another +1, that is a huge vicotry no matter your day count.

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2015, 11:34:00 AM »
Thanks all for the support. This place is a lifesaver if you let it be. I dove in headfirst because it was that or sit around and think about dipping all day in the first week or so. Now I'm glad I did because I'm already building the accountability and putting nicotine in its rightful place, in the rearview mirror. Proud as hell to quit with each and every one of the BAQ on this site.

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2015, 10:48:00 AM »
Thanks to Candoit for posting this up in October. This list speaks volumes.

The 25 Rules
  • Dont be late ever.
  • Don't ever let your brain be lazy.
  • If you want what average people have, do what they do.
  • Seek different perspectives, but never ask for advice.
  • The greatest pleasure in life is accomplishing things other people said you could not do.
  • Accepting help doesn't make you less of a man.
  • Never sell yourself short.
  • Your beginning days of struggles will one day be your good ole days.
  • Never despise the days of small beginnings.
  • Never blame others.
  • Burn your ships.
  • Erase the word should from your vocabulary.
  • Never judge another persons drive.
  • Whom ever is willing to walk away first, has the power.
  • Don't try and find the right person. Focus on being the right person.
  • It's you and your spouse against the world.
  • You don't have to know. You have to believe.
  • Be thankful for what you have, while you work for what you want.
  • Listen to understand, not to respond.
  • Empower people to make their own decisions.
  • The greatest leader is the greatest servant.
  • Put the team above self.
  • Forgiveness is for the the forgiver.
  • When a man dies, he leaves behind his name.
  • Never forget how God see you.

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Offline DWEIRICK

• Master of Quit
  • Interests: Volunteer Firefighter/EMT - Conductor/Engineer for Lycoming Valley Railroad - Shooting guns, Fishing and time with my family!
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2015, 03:58:00 AM »
Loving your drive in October keep crushing it ODAAT! Proud to Quit with you King!!

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2015, 10:25:00 PM »
Quote from: Its_Got2Happen
Day 25 today, and I have to recount a mental conversation I had with myself this last weekend. I was thinking about the newest guys going through what everybody refers to as "the suck" for the first week or so. I can still vividly remember how bad those first few days were, and the complete lack of focus, energy, etc.

My revelation this weekend, however, was that this is not the worst part. My fear of never having to go through the suck again is not as great as that feeling I had every time I bought a can and wondered if this was the can that would do me in. It's not as bad as that feeling after a "bender" the previous night and waking up to gums and teeth that hurt like hell. It's not as bad as that pit in my stomach every time I had an inflamed tastebud or cold sore and wondering if this was the beginning of the end. It's not as bad as that feeling of ditching my wife and kids, to go on some make believe errand to indulge in poison. It's not as bad as that feeling that I can no longer control this addiction.

Fear is still a very real part of my quit. Ironically, the fear has nothing to do with the quit, and everything to do with why I am quit. Fear, slavery, addiction, will no longer control me or my actions. I have worked too damn hard the last 25 days to willingly go back to those shitty feelings and emotions, only to allow slavery to regain its footing in my life. Fuck that. I'm quit.
'clap' 'clap' 'clap' 'clap' 'clap' 'clap' 'clap' 'clap' 'clap' 'clap' 'clap' 'clap' 'clap' 'clap' 'clap' 'clap'

This is the attitude that quitters need. Never forget day one and why you quit in the first place.
BOOM. That's what I'm talking about. Way to go king. Keep it up.
King of quit! Need I say more! Damn proud to be quit with you! No newbie shit going on here! Badass!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD