Author Topic: Nicotine has left the building  (Read 5382 times)

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Nicotine has left the building
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2013, 08:53:00 PM »
Quote from: dabean22
I just got out of a meeting with a contractor friend that I always smoked with during our meetings in the past. I stood there 3' from him while he smoked. It was the first smell of smoke I've had since my last cig. I was really worried. I was practically scared. I almost asked him not to smoke.
I didn't need to worry. I was calm and cool. I can't believe that my first real test went so well. I think Philly80 helped a ton. He texted me out of the blue to introduce himself. I was able to voice my concern and he was able to reassure me before the meeting. Philly80 and all the others that have been building me up over the last 4 days, Thank you.
'clap'

you have experienced one of the keys of the site here. Brotherhood....we are there for one another....

great going....you got this.

Offline dabean22

• Quitter
  • Interests: I was addicted to nicotine for about 19 years before I actually realized that I was an addict to a drug. Allen Carr helped open my eyes with LionHeartedGirl (my sister). I am currently on day 2 and because of the frame of mind and different point of view that "The Easy Way" has given me, I don't doubt for one moment that I have ingested the last bit of that weed for the rest of my life. I am 35 now and am setting a goal of living long enough to have saved $100,000 because of my quit. At the same time, I am setting the goal of not smoking TODAY! One step at a time, while keeping my eyes on the horizon.
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2013, 08:49:00 PM »
I just got out of a meeting with a contractor friend that I always smoked with during our meetings in the past. I stood there 3' from him while he smoked. It was the first smell of smoke I've had since my last cig. I was really worried. I was practically scared. I almost asked him not to smoke.
I didn't need to worry. I was calm and cool. I can't believe that my first real test went so well. I think Philly80 helped a ton. He texted me out of the blue to introduce himself. I was able to voice my concern and he was able to reassure me before the meeting. Philly80 and all the others that have been building me up over the last 4 days, Thank you.
Quit 8/04/13
HOF 11/11/13
Thanks mostly to LHG. That girl rocks the world. I love you Sis.
Someone, somewhere out there is suffering through a more intense crave than me and that person is staying quit. As will I. -JoeMellow
SkyDiver - The first step is a bitch but that's when the fun starts.

Offline Erussell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2013-04-30
  • Interests: Time with daughter. Anything outdoors.
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2013, 03:55:00 PM »
Quote from: derk40
Quote from: jake
At the vet with my dog (throwing up  difficulty breathing). Been sitting here for an hour waiting for some good news. She'll be OK it seems but they still don't know what's wrong. Taking the day off to make sure she keeps her pills down. With the stress, im surprised that im not loosing my mind. Im expecting some tough cravings when I get home. Im ready. BRING IT ON LITTLE MONSTER. IM READY FOR YOU. YOU'RE GONNA DIE!
Starve that Bitch! Hope your dog gets better! Keep your head up!
Remember that nicotine won't help your dog one bit. Only turn u into a slave again. Stay strong today. Hope the pooch is ok. Quit with u.
Man I hate that but trust me it won't help you. And remember you only have to get thru today bro. I know it hurts to be where you are. You will get thru it cause your bad ass posted roll and your a man of your word! I quit with you. Call or text if you need anything even if its just to cuss me out!
I would rather lose to a cheater than win as a cheater.

Offline dabean22

• Quitter
  • Interests: I was addicted to nicotine for about 19 years before I actually realized that I was an addict to a drug. Allen Carr helped open my eyes with LionHeartedGirl (my sister). I am currently on day 2 and because of the frame of mind and different point of view that "The Easy Way" has given me, I don't doubt for one moment that I have ingested the last bit of that weed for the rest of my life. I am 35 now and am setting a goal of living long enough to have saved $100,000 because of my quit. At the same time, I am setting the goal of not smoking TODAY! One step at a time, while keeping my eyes on the horizon.
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2013, 12:33:00 PM »
Quote from: T-Cell
Quote from: Radman
Quote from: srans
Tremendous intro! Welcome and I have no doubt you have support coming out of your ears. Holler if I can help...
I read some, alot, most, well a little anyways. I had to book mark it to finish it later. Good stuff. Glad to have you in the water. It sounds like you jumped all in. Quit with you.
First day off since I stopped and it was harder than yesterday. Today while in the store I had 3 seperate occasions where I said "Man i gotta remember to buy cigarettes" like the quit never happened. I didnt even finish the thought before i remembered and smiled because that money is mine to keep now but it still happened 3 times in 5 minutes. Damn this shit has some mean tricks up its sleeves.

I quit with all of you every day! Thank everyone.
You ain't seen nothing yet, bro. Not saying there will be tougher trials than right now, but there will definitely be some crazy ones. Catalog them, and learn to be amused. There have been times when I actually laughed at myself because of the desperate attempts to draw me back to the can. A person learns a lot about their own personality while walking the quit path.
I'm sure you all remember (or still do) the addict patdown as you are leaving home/car/work/etc. You know, where you slap all your pockets to see if you have your can (and secondarily your wallet and keys).
I mostly lost that behavior sometime around 200-300 days, but I still occasionally do it. Makes me laugh every time I do it now....
My father will still tap his chest after a meal from time to time (to check for his pack in the breast pocket of his shirt). He quit about 27 years ago.
Quit 8/04/13
HOF 11/11/13
Someone, somewhere out there is suffering through a more intense crave than me and that person is staying quit. As will I. -JoeMellow

Offline T-Cell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-02-10
  • Interests: Flyfishing, ice hockey (go Avs, go Pioneers!).Wife Sandra, 2 adult kids.
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2013, 12:12:00 PM »
Tremendous intro! Welcome and I have no doubt you have support coming out of your ears. Holler if I can help...
I read some, alot, most, well a little anyways. I had to book mark it to finish it later. Good stuff. Glad to have you in the water. It sounds like you jumped all in. Quit with you.
First day off since I stopped and it was harder than yesterday. Today while in the store I had 3 seperate occasions where I said "Man i gotta remember to buy cigarettes" like the quit never happened. I didnt even finish the thought before i remembered and smiled because that money is mine to keep now but it still happened 3 times in 5 minutes. Damn this shit has some mean tricks up its sleeves.

You ain't seen nothing yet, bro. Not saying there will be tougher trials than right now, but there will definitely be some crazy ones. Catalog them, and learn to be amused. There have been times when I actually laughed at myself because of the desperate attempts to draw me back to the can. A person learns a lot about their own personality while walking the quit path.
I'm sure you all remember (or still do) the addict patdown as you are leaving home/car/work/etc. You know, where you slap all your pockets to see if you have your can (and secondarily your wallet and keys).
I mostly lost that behavior sometime around 200-300 days, but I still occasionally do it. Makes me laugh every time I do it now....
Fish, eat, sleep. Repeat.
quit date 2/10/12
HOF date 5/19/12
1 Year 2/10/13
2 Years 2/10/14
8th Floor 4/19/14

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2013, 09:43:00 AM »
Quote from: jake
At the vet with my dog (throwing up  difficulty breathing). Been sitting here for an hour waiting for some good news. She'll be OK it seems but they still don't know what's wrong. Taking the day off to make sure she keeps her pills down. With the stress, im surprised that im not loosing my mind. Im expecting some tough cravings when I get home. Im ready. BRING IT ON LITTLE MONSTER. IM READY FOR YOU. YOU'RE GONNA DIE!
Remember that nicotine won't help your dog one bit. Only turn u into a slave again. Stay strong today. Hope the pooch is ok. Quit with u.
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline jake frawley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: I'm married to a beautiful lady. I like to lift weights and run. I play poker and win. I spend as much time riding as I can! I go to work every day and work too many hrs. I'm aggressive! And all of this makes me happy. I'm here to quit the one thing I hate about myself, my addiction to chew. It has ruled me and I wont be controlled anymore!
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2013, 09:40:00 AM »

Offline dabean22

• Quitter
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2013, 09:15:00 AM »
Quit 8/04/13
HOF 11/11/13

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2013, 07:17:00 AM »
That was freaking epic!!  Honestly, I didn't even read the whole thing.  I'm supposed to be working, after all.  Will there be a Cliff's Notes version?

Anyway, for me, all that matters is that you are here and there is no nicotine in your plan for the next 24 hours. 

Yes, the site is clunky in some ways.  You'll figure it out eventually.  LHG or any of us can answer questions about that.  You wanna PM somebody?  Click on their screen name, then over on the right will be an link to send a message.  Easy.

I very rarely do chat.... simply because of what you described.  Makes me crazy trying to keep up.

Let me know if you need anything.
Radman, I should put a warning label on my intro..... The surgeon general recommends that anyone that wants to read this intro be committed completely to the cause. Starting to read this intro without complete commitment will likely lead to failure. Don't feel too bad man, we have all been there. What is it I've read several times already? What went wrong, how are you going to fix it, and what are you going to differently this time? Radman, You can do it. I'm there for you bro. Call me if your eyes get tired and I swear, I'll read it to you over the phone if that's what it takes to get you over that finish line. (Just in case it's not clear, I am making fun of myself and NOT the help everyone offers each other)
My name is Rad, and I'm an addict...... I can't stop reading this guy's bullshit. lol

Rich stuff, man. I wasn't sure where you were going with this post, but it was certainly entertaining. You're putting effort into this, and that is how you win. Stay involved and keep fighting.

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2013, 07:13:00 AM »

Offline dabean22

• Quitter
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2013, 11:20:00 PM »

Quit 8/04/13
HOF 11/11/13

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2013, 08:52:00 PM »
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline T-Cell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-02-10
  • Interests: Flyfishing, ice hockey (go Avs, go Pioneers!).Wife Sandra, 2 adult kids.
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2013, 03:55:00 PM »
Fish, eat, sleep. Repeat.
quit date 2/10/12
HOF date 5/19/12
1 Year 2/10/13
2 Years 2/10/14
8th Floor 4/19/14

Offline jhaenel23

• Quitter
  • Interests: Kicking the Nic Bitch's Ass every day!!Staying in the QUIT, And helping all of my KTC Brothers to do the same!!
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2013, 03:22:00 PM »
Quit on Quitter!!!! The Cliff note version is this......You are owning your quit and you will figure shit out on here like the rest of us have.......... You shoes I did once wear!!

HOlla if ya need a brother!!!

J
Stay in the Q.U.I.T*********Fuck the NIC!!" Jhaenel23
"Freedom is like your Soul going Commando!" Scowick
"Losers always whine about their best, Winners go home and fuck the prom queen!!" John Mason
"If its too much trouble to post roll, You can always Fuck Off!!" J2B
HOF Speech
Sounds Of Madness
QUIT 10-22-12
HOF 1-29-13
Post with Da Jackwagins!!

Offline jrod

• Quitter
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2013, 02:44:00 PM »
My days are no longer damned, now they are blessed!
I like this a lot. You're absolutely right. Great attitude.

Quit with you today, this hour, this minute.