Author Topic: Will this be day 1;  (Read 5297 times)

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: Will this be day 1;
« Reply #84 on: January 11, 2012, 07:49:00 AM »
Quote from: dippshit
Yep... I hope I am wrong and he maintains his quit.
Hope gets us nothing.

Offline dippshit

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #83 on: January 08, 2012, 08:16:00 AM »
Yep... I hope I am wrong and he maintains his quit.

"It's amazing what a man can see by the light of a burning bridge" - Unknown

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
« Reply #82 on: January 07, 2012, 08:47:00 AM »
Quote from: dippshit
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
This guy tap out as well? Again?

Offline dippshit

• Quitter
« Reply #81 on: January 06, 2012, 11:41:00 AM »
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #80 on: November 23, 2011, 09:17:00 PM »
Souli, I posted roll in your group today...no way am I letting you down.

Slomo.....

Accountability is not a gimmick. In my short time here on KTC, I have made a few friends...a few I have met in person, some I have not. These friendships are an investment in my quit....an investment in accountability, if you will...while I quit for me, I post each day knowing that I would disappoint my friends if I failed to fulfill my promise.. It has worked for me for 284 days. I see no reason to modify a plan that has given me far more success than any other I ever tried in 34 years of active addiction. There are hundreds of people on the site willing to lend a hand when you need it...the only thing they ask in return is that you invest in your own quit...taking roll call seriously is a necessary first step. Your roll post is a promise...Your integrity is on the line... If not- your roll post is meaningless.

Offline luby

• Quitting MoFo
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #79 on: November 23, 2011, 05:54:00 PM »
Quote from: Slomo15
After 9 days, I was on a roll..never thought or desired a chew... Until tonight....had a huge issue with ex, neighbor picked me up and I was ready to throw one in...then remembered what I told my kids today about my quit...I picked up my phone and sent a text to the ones that gave me their numbers...I was about to find out how serious this site was...I found out in a great way...thank you to all the guys that helped me to stay quit tonight...

Slomo15

--------------------
No Excuses
Try to remember this is how the place works as well. It is not just drama, and people calling you out. There are a lot of us here that don't think the games are necessary, I was able to avoid all that and I have been lucky to have a great group of quitters by my side.
I'll quit with you today.

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #78 on: November 23, 2011, 02:10:00 PM »
Fail.

Offline Parputt

• Quit King
  • Quit date: 1-13-2011
« Reply #77 on: November 23, 2011, 02:02:00 PM »
I understand that the roll posting gimmick is "sacred" which is why I do it.
Gimmick? Yea, I see repeated failure in your future.

And all this knowledge after 16 days quit. Wow, O Great One, please share the rest of your vast knowledge with us.
QD:  1-13-11
HOF: 4-22-11
Sobriety date: 3-4-07

One is one too many
One more is never enough

This Is My Quit

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose ~ Dr. Seuss

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
« Reply #76 on: November 23, 2011, 01:39:00 PM »
Slomo posting roll is the highlight of being quit bro. That's you telling the world "FUCK YOU I AM NO LONGER OWNED". This "gimmick" is designed to provoke positive visualization a.k.a. get your mind right and your ass will follow. Its also you putting your word down to the folks next to you that you are strong enough to fight for 24 hours, that those guys can say to themselves "if slomo can do it so can i". I think this is what Parputt was talking about. Its symbiotic.

I prefer karma to drama. Telling folks off that only want one thing (you to succeed) I don't think is fair. Anyone of these fuckers can call me on the phone and I'll talk them off the ledge. You included. That's why this place is special. I'm not the only one that would offer this. Anyone of these fuckers would do the same.

I quit today.

Offline dippshit

• Quitter
« Reply #75 on: November 23, 2011, 01:39:00 PM »
'jedisith'

bzz bz b bzzzzzzzzzz bz

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #74 on: November 23, 2011, 01:33:00 PM »

I will respectfully disagree with everything else you have written about rage. I had more rage when i was chewing. Has only to deal with defending myself and because a couple hotheads behind a keyboard feel like bashing me for the way I posted roll, well they simply need to get over themselves...you wanna act hostile towards me, expect it back.

Who is exactly accountable for what? Because miles and Odaat had an issue when no one in my group did, I am supposed to bow down? Those guys wouldn't know who I was if I passed them in the street and can pretty much guarantee they prob wouldn't talk to me or anyone that way face to face....guys act like this is a locker but you can tell they have never been in one.....

I never have attacked this site....I think there are a few who fell empowered behind a keyboard, can say what they want and not be held accountable for that because the never have the face the people they are throwing venom at.

To my feb group and supporters...keep the quit....to all others...go fuck yourself....yes and Luby will attest to this...I would say it to your face.
I'm not saying you did.

I'm just saying to be careful.

Having the rage is common. How you deal with it is unique to you.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline Slomo15

• Quitter
« Reply #73 on: November 23, 2011, 01:24:00 PM »

I will respectfully disagree with everything else you have written about rage. I had more rage when i was chewing. Has only to deal with defending myself and because a couple hotheads behind a keyboard feel like bashing me for the way I posted roll, well they simply need to get over themselves...you wanna act hostile towards me, expect it back.

Who is exactly accountable for what? Because miles and Odaat had an issue when no one in my group did, I am supposed to bow down? Those guys wouldn't know who I was if I passed them in the street and can pretty much guarantee they prob wouldn't talk to me or anyone that way face to face....guys act like this is a locker but you can tell they have never been in one.....

I never have attacked this site....I think there are a few who fell empowered behind a keyboard, can say what they want and not be held accountable for that because the never have the face the people they are throwing venom at.

To my feb group and supporters...keep the quit....to all others...go fuck yourself....yes and Luby will attest to this...I would say it to your face.
No Excuses
Quit Date 12/28/11

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #72 on: November 23, 2011, 11:55:00 AM »
Slo...

I just posted this in February. Please read it over.

I understand that you got called out wrongly. I'm sorry.

Just be careful on calling out those that have knowledge that you don't.
Quote from: bearnomore
Quote from: ToeTag
Slomo....wrong...my name is Jim Grogan..xxx-xxx-xxxx...I don't hide and not hiding behind a keyboard...miles and odaat or what ever you want to call yourselves...if I have to rely on either one of you to help me quit, well I should just start chewing again, others might respect you...i dont...was told not to burn bridges...well, I don't burn, I implode them.  Those who have my back will, those who don't, I simply don't care.  I was asked to apologize by those that have my number...yeah, that wont happen....This is my 16th day of no chew...my kids thank me
Jim, don't put your phone number in the public viewing area. You will get pictures of large greasy dicks and/or telemarketers selling mexican car insurance. You can *edit* any of *your* posts where the yellow buttons are (normally just report and quote), or would one of the moderators fix that for him.
Slomo - Post and Ignore the fucks. Make this about you.
This is classic late teen/early 20 rage, February quitters.

Hi February. I'm Wastepanel. You might remember me from such hall of fame groups such as December 2006 and October 2011. I also take care of an introduction thread that lays my quit out for all to see.

February quitters, Slomo and the rest of you are going to feel the rage building up in you around this time. It's a major funk, and it is the first major obstacle after the first week you must clear.

We all agree that the first week is pure hell. It takes all of our energy to just not chew. It leaves us exhausted at night, and unable to sleep. We are angry.

After you pass that initial week, things get magical. Your quit is strong, and you want to celebrate because you ARE quit. The adrenaline is high, and staying quit is quite easy here because of your motivation.

Then the late teens hit...

It starts off as general rage. You are perturbed at life in general, but your body isn't quite ready to admit it yet. So you internalize your battles, and let your aggression come out on this board. It's real easy to start thinking that this site is more drama than what it is worth. We've all been there.

The rage builds up until you hate everything associated with this board. You hate calling yourself an addict because you are quit, and you don't want to admit that you used to feel the need to stick that shit in you gums every moment you were awake. You attack everything about this site. Your brain tells you to leave and not come back.

This is called a planned cave.

All too often, we find these individuals cave shortly thereafter. Sure. I bet they didn't cave the day they stopped posting roll, but the nic bitch is a tricky lass. She will delete every tool that you've learned here when you're not thinking about her and she'll pounce. You'll be left defenseless.

It happened to me. It took nearly 850 days after I stopped posting roll (made the hof in 2006) for me to stop stopping tobacco. When I returned, I was unsure of my failing route.

I see my flaw now.

If I stop posting roll, I will forget. If I forget, I will fail.

That is what I am doing differently this time.

My suggestion is this:

Post roll.
Stay Quit.
Repeat.

Don't worry about the bullshit. Take a week. Post roll, and use the site as needed. It's ok to not be strong enough to deal with the bullshit here. I did it. So did many others. We posted roll everyday, but we walked away from the distractions of all the quote tags.

We're not here to give you guys a hard time. We're here because we've run the gauntlet you are running, and we want you to succeed. We've seen some stupid shit on these boards including guys that have caved and stopped posting days to hide it. We can be quite aggressive sometimes, but sometimes it's the only way to get it through to a hard headed addict.

ODAAT and other vets here are awesome quitters, and I respect every one of them as much as I respect you February quitters. They pulled me from the entrance to a cave so many times that I can't count. I never could have done this without the support they offered me and my brothers when we were in your shoes. Remember why they are calling you out:
You have lied to, cheated on, and stole time from every single person you hold dear. You take roll call seriously, and you will find that total strangers will give your quit more accountability than any “real” person in your world.
It's that simple, and it's words that I have lived by for 148 days.
I am going to add to that posting roll is sacred. It is not an agreement taken into lightly. If you quit, simply post your name up with how many awesome days. Creative posting requires a writer and reader. I could do this:

a;osidfhapoiwhfawoeiuhouwuoi-18923y4983298

and call it roll. If I'm the only one that understands it, then the creativity is lost. I would think the simple act of hyperlinking the name to a picture of the jersey would suffice. Or an appendix. Or a simple

"I put this guy. He was jersey 15."

This conversation would have been over and forgotten. ODAAT probably would have said sorry (but post roll properly), and we all would have enjoyed making ghey jokes for 2 days.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline Slomo15

• Quitter
« Reply #71 on: November 23, 2011, 11:23:00 AM »
Your response makes zero sense. Integrity? I have been posting just because it's out of the norm and some guy seems to slam me who has never met nor made any attempt to contact me. That's integrity? I have no interest in hearing from Miles, Odaat and you can put yourself on that list too...WTF is wrong with some of you...

Miles...your post means nothing....you prove what kind of idiot are with each post...like I said, I would much rather chew again than have your support. Guys in my quit group haven't said said word...no, I'm not on here to win the hearts and minds of anyone...
No Excuses
Quit Date 12/28/11

Offline Parputt

• Quit King
  • Quit date: 1-13-2011
« Reply #70 on: November 23, 2011, 10:47:00 AM »
Is my quit about me or the people on this site?
Here is where you seem to need a little direction. Your quit is indeed about us just as much as it is about you. Our collective quit is based on the strength and integrity of our brothers and sisters.

Seems to me you are lacking a bit in the integrity department.

Get with the program (as it was designed).
QD:  1-13-11
HOF: 4-22-11
Sobriety date: 3-4-07

One is one too many
One more is never enough

This Is My Quit

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose ~ Dr. Seuss