Author Topic: Will this be day 1;  (Read 5313 times)

Offline TacoMEDIC

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Will this be day 1;
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2011, 10:45:00 AM »
Quote from: Miles
Quote from: AtomicDiesel
There is no shortcut around the inevitable hell, but it beats the hell out of having your kids plant your cancer eaten, room temperature ass before they get out of high school. You. Can. Do IT!
That is goo shit right there. There are no shortcuts but you can do it man.
x2

No excuses, man. Find whatever reason you can to quit. Not what ever reason you can to throw in another dip. Do it for your kids, your health, your future. Quit for you. Quit for today. Every day. Go post roll for today only. And do the same tomorrow. If you need anything, don't hesitate to send me a message. I quit with you today. Proud to do so.

Matt - Day 16
Quit: November 8, 2014

Offline miles

• Quit Pro
  • Howdy, I'm Miles and I'm Quit
  • Quit Date: 3/7/2011
  • Interests: My kids, Quitting, Hunting, fishing, motorcycles, MTB, football, racing, baseball, guitar, family, running, Clint Eastwood, Cold Beer, Floating down the river, camping. Atlanta Braves, Atlanta Falcons, Houston Oilers (RIP - Love Ya Blue!)"]["{{}}{{}}][_
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2011, 10:02:00 AM »
Quote from: AtomicDiesel
There is no shortcut around the inevitable hell, but it beats the hell out of having your kids plant your cancer eaten, room temperature ass before they get out of high school. You. Can. Do IT!
That is goo shit right there. There are no shortcuts but you can do it man.
I quit with with you all!

Offline AtomicDiesel

• Quitter
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2011, 09:56:00 AM »
Dude, the attorney is doing the ex. The ONLY thing that matters....... your critters, and their dip free daddy. Rage out on the ex's attorney.... after all, you're payin him!
You have three excuses on your list of things to dip for. You know any excuse will do. It's fucking cold an raining outside, think I'll have a rub. Hey good news! I'm off the twelve hour days, now just 6 10s a week....let me celebrate with a dip. Motherfucker that just means I'm getting screwed out of doubletime! Comfory my candy ass with a wad of fucking shit. Dude man.... I have used every excuse in the world. There is no shortcut around the inevitable hell, but it beats the hell out of having your kids plant your cancer eaten, room temperature ass before they get out of high school. You. Can. Do IT!
?The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.? Mark 1:15
Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever - TJ
KTC Retread...Quit for the final time 10/21/2011
Though I am peaceful, please do not assume that I have somehow forgotten how to be violent.

Offline miles

• Quit Pro
  • Howdy, I'm Miles and I'm Quit
  • Quit Date: 3/7/2011
  • Interests: My kids, Quitting, Hunting, fishing, motorcycles, MTB, football, racing, baseball, guitar, family, running, Clint Eastwood, Cold Beer, Floating down the river, camping. Atlanta Braves, Atlanta Falcons, Houston Oilers (RIP - Love Ya Blue!)"]["{{}}{{}}][_
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2011, 09:32:00 AM »
Tomorrow never comes. Quit for today. You keep making excuses like the addict you are...

I used to make excuses like that 242 days ago. I chose to quit today...no more fucking excuses for Miles.

I'm living life now.
I quit with with you all!

Offline dippshit

• Quitter
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2011, 09:27:00 AM »
If you don't really want it, your addiction will always trick your brain into finding excuses.

"It's amazing what a man can see by the light of a burning bridge" - Unknown

Offline kmm125

• Quitter
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2011, 09:22:00 AM »
Quote from: Slomo15
Thursday was to be day I quit....but....how the hell do you deal with an ex , attorney, custody battle?...so tomorrow starts anew! Let m have it, I deserve it
How do you deal with ________?? Fill in the blank! There will always be something. There is no better time like today to quit! Embrace the suck and quit with all these awesome quitters today!!
KTC professional cheerleader and encourager and fiancee of pokerleader :)

My Words of Wisdom :) http://forum.killthecan.org/index.php?showtopic=5339

Offline syndrome

• geezer squad
  • Master of Quit
  • you kids get off my yard
  • Quit Date: 11/13/08
  • Likes Given: 711
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2011, 06:50:00 AM »
Thursday was to be day I quit....but....how the hell do you deal with an ex , attorney, custody battle?...so tomorrow starts anew! Let m have it, I deserve it
thats the adickt talkin rite there. wood you go thru all that stoned? may be with a few drinks in you? then why do you need the dip? if you think it dont alter your mind then it otta be eezy to quit for just a day. but gess what? its fuckin hard. your brains gonna tell you all sorts a shit to feed that adickshun. after a few days it gets eezyer but man your in for a world a suck. a week from now youll start to see dip aint the anser for any thing.

Offline Southerntux87

• Quitter
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2011, 02:46:00 AM »
Your mind is telling you that you need nic to get you through these issues. I quit only 13 days ago and since then my father has been admitted into the hospital (ICU) for a still unknown illness. My brain said, "ok, now isn't the time to quit." My heart said no to my brain. Cravings are still there and seem to be getting worse (especially today), however, caving isn't an option. When I threw my last can away I was done!!! There's no way I could continue catering to this addiction. I don't care what happens... I can't go back to the can.
Started: 10/23/2006 at ~10:00pm CDT
Quit: 10/22/2011 at 8:00pm CDT
HOF: 01/30/2012
Second Floor: May 9, 2012
My HOF Speech

Offline tillergm

• Quitter
  • Interests: Fishing, Golf, Football
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2011, 02:06:00 AM »
Well you deal with it by deciding whats worth you life. If you are having a custody issue I assume you have children. Could you look them in the eye and tell them you love dip more than you love them? You deal with it by saying today I'm quitting. I'm quitting for today. Not Forever, just for today. It is so much easier to quit for 24 hours than forever. Wake up the next day and quit for that day. Pretty soon you are a barbarian quitter who would rather cut off his arm than have a dip. There will ALWAYS be a reason to chew. Every day is a line in the sand my friend. You will either hold your ground or cave. Hope to see you routinely post roll every day. I will quit with you and so will every other guy on here, pinch your fucking sac and quit. No bullshit , just quit.

Offline steve1357

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Browns, Indians, Buckeyes.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2011, 12:31:00 AM »
So you have not quit yet? What are you waiting for. Flush that shit and go post day one right now in February. You will always have a reason not to quit. But the truth is there is no better time then right now.

Offline Slomo15

• Quitter
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2011, 12:27:00 AM »
No Excuses
Quit Date 12/28/11

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2011, 11:35:00 PM »
Friend of mine has been on my ass about this site so I've joined trying to join the list of other quitters.
He can't quit for you. Don't care if he has been "On your ass". Why are you here?

There is only one correct answer.

Anything else is a "Fail"

Offline jmac07

• Quitter
  • Interests: MN Twins, MN Wild, MN VikingsGolfing, Fishing, Ice Hockey, Weight Lifting, Country Music
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2011, 09:27:00 PM »
Anytime Luby.

Slomo, it is in your best interest to go ahead and toss the can down the drain, clean up any trace of your addiction (spit bottles, empty tins, signage, etc) and post roll.

I've got hope for you, so prove me right!

I quit with you today.

JMAC
Quit Date: OCT 15, 2011

Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Cant Lose...

Offline luby

• Quitting MoFo
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2011, 08:54:00 PM »
Thanks jmac. Appreciate it.

Offline jmac07

• Quitter
  • Interests: MN Twins, MN Wild, MN VikingsGolfing, Fishing, Ice Hockey, Weight Lifting, Country Music
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2011, 08:21:00 PM »
Quote from: Luby
bumping this, he's posting roll tomorrow am... Could one of you internet experts do the thing with the helpful links he will need? I'd appreciate it.
Head to your respective page after reading the following links and you will have a far better understanding of what KTC is all about and your commitment to quit.

We're here to support you even when it feels like everything else is going wrong.

KTC has saved my life and the lives of other KTC members, past, present, future. Shit, just take a look at your number, #12,962! That speaks volumes along side the number of pages in each individual thread whether it be a quit group, words of wisdom, general discussion, or venting pages.

Read up, listen up, and don't be afraid to get involved, ask questions, and be proud!

JMAC

Roll 1 "Why we post"

Roll 2 "How to post"

Why we're here

Feb. 2012 HOF Quit Group This is your H.O.F. Group
Quit Date: OCT 15, 2011

Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Cant Lose...