Author Topic: One day at a time  (Read 19096 times)

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: August 4, 2014
  • Likes Given: 12
Re: One day at a time
« Reply #275 on: May 13, 2015, 07:13:00 PM »
Quote from: CBird65
Quote from: Thumblewort
Quote from: BazookaJoe
Quote from: rdad
Quote from: jimthins
Quote from: Pinched
I have a major change coming in the next few days involving an extended business trip to North Dakota. I will be there throughout the summer months and will be out before the ground freezes solid. I'm both eager and anxious about this trip. On one hand, I get to see states I've never been to and see terrain I've never seen before but on the other I have to leave Texas and start something new again. I guess as humans we tend to fear the unknown and in doing so we create stressors that ultimately drag us down into low points where the Nic Bitch and Alc Whore reside. I'm going to stay up as much as possible to keep myself out of reach of those two sluts. I'll likely need all the help I can get but I'm certain I can find it here. Thanks for being here. Cheers
You can do this, changes will happen and continue to happen, your quit resolve should maintain as you have a clear hatred of big tobacco and addiction. Avoid the triggers and find something to fill your time, perhaps learn to knit. You also know I am merely a call or text away.

P
No matter the circumstances, change is never easy. Fear of the unknown is the driving factor and can be stressful if you let it. Let this be an opportunity for you to grow and relish the experience. You will get through this on your own without any crutch or vice. All you need is yourself and the brothers of the community. I have full confidence in you. You should have my number... should you find yourself in a tough spot, reach out. Myself and all others on KTC you have supported are more than willing. No sweat... you got this!
You know we are always here Joe. Congrats on 2 years of sobriety. Very Inspirational! You can be clean anywhere.
First day in the Houston office went well. Thank you guys for the support. I'll keep you posted as my departure date draws nearer.
You got this BJ!
A lot of quit down Houston way

Houston Meet Up
Cbird,

I'm leaving H-town tomorrow and leaving for ND on Monday.

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 710
« Reply #274 on: May 13, 2015, 07:11:00 PM »
Quote from: Thumblewort
I have a major change coming in the next few days involving an extended business trip to North Dakota. I will be there throughout the summer months and will be out before the ground freezes solid. I'm both eager and anxious about this trip. On one hand, I get to see states I've never been to and see terrain I've never seen before but on the other I have to leave Texas and start something new again. I guess as humans we tend to fear the unknown and in doing so we create stressors that ultimately drag us down into low points where the Nic Bitch and Alc Whore reside. I'm going to stay up as much as possible to keep myself out of reach of those two sluts. I'll likely need all the help I can get but I'm certain I can find it here. Thanks for being here. Cheers
You can do this, changes will happen and continue to happen, your quit resolve should maintain as you have a clear hatred of big tobacco and addiction. Avoid the triggers and find something to fill your time, perhaps learn to knit. You also know I am merely a call or text away.

P
No matter the circumstances, change is never easy. Fear of the unknown is the driving factor and can be stressful if you let it. Let this be an opportunity for you to grow and relish the experience. You will get through this on your own without any crutch or vice. All you need is yourself and the brothers of the community. I have full confidence in you. You should have my number... should you find yourself in a tough spot, reach out. Myself and all others on KTC you have supported are more than willing. No sweat... you got this!
You know we are always here Joe. Congrats on 2 years of sobriety. Very Inspirational! You can be clean anywhere.
First day in the Houston office went well. Thank you guys for the support. I'll keep you posted as my departure date draws nearer.
You got this BJ!
A lot of quit down Houston way

Houston Meet Up
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45 46

Assurance

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #273 on: May 13, 2015, 06:04:00 PM »

P
You got this BJ!
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
« Reply #272 on: May 13, 2015, 05:51:00 PM »

P

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #271 on: May 12, 2015, 11:19:00 AM »

P

Offline jimthins

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-08-04
  • Interests: Fishing, Hunting, Shooting, and Golf.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #270 on: May 12, 2015, 09:06:00 AM »

P

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #269 on: May 11, 2015, 04:58:00 PM »

P
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
« Reply #268 on: May 11, 2015, 04:51:00 PM »

Offline KSO FTZ

• Quitter
« Reply #267 on: April 20, 2015, 03:50:00 PM »
Thanks for all you support Joe. Stay Quit

Kso

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
« Reply #266 on: April 20, 2015, 12:57:00 PM »
All,

As my current project comes to an end, I will be moving away from the house and badass internet service that I've had for the past two plus years. I will be headed out to the country for some relaxation before I embark on my next journey that will lead me to Ohio unless I get lucky and get hit by a truck first. Due to my temporary stay in the wilds of Texas, I will not have internet service and only spotty cellular coverage so I will be pulling back the throttles on how much support roll I post here. I will continue to post in November 2014 and in Getting My Act Together but that's all I'm going to be able to muster. I'm certain that y'all know by now that I support all your quits 100% and will be sending a barrage of PMs to get digits for all those I don't have in my database.

Quit on folks

Offline Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #265 on: April 04, 2015, 12:07:00 AM »
Bazooka, congrats on the control you reinserted on your life.....and thanks for the support.

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #264 on: April 03, 2015, 10:39:00 PM »
4001 posts and I'm a Pro Bowl Whore. I never thought I could ever amass so many posts on here but then again I didn't know I would be quit for 236 days either.
You are such a slute!
Says the quitter with almost 10K posts!

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #263 on: April 02, 2015, 02:01:00 PM »
4001 posts and I'm a Pro Bowl Whore. I never thought I could ever amass so many posts on here but then again I didn't know I would be quit for 236 days either.
You are such a slute!
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #262 on: April 02, 2015, 11:05:00 AM »
Words cannot describe how good I feel about turning 2 full years sober today. I know to most of you giving up alcohol is the last thing you would do but for me it was a necessity. I was headed down a dead end road and thankfully I took a turn that probably saved my life. That turn also made it possible to quit dipping after 14 years.
That is some good shiz, right there brutha!
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Sand_Fleas_Gotta_Eat

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Restoring my 220 year old house. I don't have any other interest because I no longer have time for such things.
« Reply #261 on: April 02, 2015, 08:29:00 AM »
Quote from: Steakbomb18
Quote from: KennyZ
Thank you for being an inspiration for me! I quit with you today!
Zook, I can't tell you enough how proud I am to be quit with you. Quitting alcohol and nicotine!!! ...seriously, is there anything more badass than that? Congratulations my friend.
Congratulations! Most people will only tackle one major quit at a time. Hell, most people can't handle one quit... 'worship'