Author Topic: One day at a time  (Read 19092 times)

Offline ChristopherJ

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: Sept 17, 2014
  • Interests: Travel, music, sports, art,
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: One day at a time
« Reply #305 on: August 03, 2015, 06:51:00 AM »
One year! Congrats to a bad ass quitter who has helped me tremendously in my quit. Proud to be quit with you EDD.

CJ
Don't be afraid.  You are not alone.

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: August 4, 2014
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #304 on: July 27, 2015, 03:13:00 PM »
Quote from: CavMan83
Quote from: GrievousAngel
Quote from: Dagranger
Quote from: worktowin
Quote from: BazookaJoe
As I move closer to one year, I sensed my attitude has changed remarkably...

To me, caving is not even a thought but if I were to ever fuck up and partake in any tobacco product, I would expect nothing less than to be absolutely brutalized by my quit brethren. Yes, I would want to be cussed out, mistreated, insulted, belittled, emotionally crushed, and repeatedly kicked in the electronic ass. Why, because quitting dip and maintaining my quit IS that important to me. I wouldnÂ’t want to be welcomed back in with open arms and have someone rubbing my ball sack while telling me everything is going to be OK because, to me, that is not an effective deterrent for nicotine based recidivism. IÂ’m not saying that kind of thing is going on here but it very well could since society has gotten so scared of offending someone that it will eventually bleed through and affect us here. Folks have to realize that we are not talking about ethnicity, slavery, sexual orientation, abortion, or plain old bipartisan politics but rather we are talking about tobaccoÂ…something that is medically proven to disfigure or kill adult human beings.

BazookaJoe - Day 356
This dude has gotten it from day one. Quit with you today dude. Thanks for your support.
Agreed! Bazooka between alcohol or nicotine, you've got real quit running through your veins. Keep doing all you do.
Day late here Bazooka. But congrats! 365 . . I don't know why but that number means more to me than 100, 200, or whatever.
Awesome job Joe (I almost abbreviated your name then thought better of it!!). Congratulations!
Thanks for the congrats but I still have 7 days to go before my first trip around the sun is complete for nicotine.

Offline CavMan83

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-10
  • Interests: Bass Fishing, music, all things motorsports, National Defense
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #303 on: July 26, 2015, 08:16:00 PM »
Quote from: GrievousAngel

To me, caving is not even a thought but if I were to ever fuck up and partake in any tobacco product, I would expect nothing less than to be absolutely brutalized by my quit brethren. Yes, I would want to be cussed out, mistreated, insulted, belittled, emotionally crushed, and repeatedly kicked in the electronic ass. Why, because quitting dip and maintaining my quit IS that important to me. I wouldnÂ’t want to be welcomed back in with open arms and have someone rubbing my ball sack while telling me everything is going to be OK because, to me, that is not an effective deterrent for nicotine based recidivism. IÂ’m not saying that kind of thing is going on here but it very well could since society has gotten so scared of offending someone that it will eventually bleed through and affect us here. Folks have to realize that we are not talking about ethnicity, slavery, sexual orientation, abortion, or plain old bipartisan politics but rather we are talking about tobaccoÂ…something that is medically proven to disfigure or kill adult human beings.

BazookaJoe - Day 356
This dude has gotten it from day one. Quit with you today dude. Thanks for your support.
Agreed! Bazooka between alcohol or nicotine, you've got real quit running through your veins. Keep doing all you do.
Day late here Bazooka. But congrats! 365 . . I don't know why but that number means more to me than 100, 200, or whatever.
Awesome job Joe (I almost abbreviated your name then thought better of it!!). Congratulations!

Offline Grievous Angel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: Jan 5, 2015
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #302 on: July 26, 2015, 08:07:00 PM »

BazookaJoe - Day 356

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #301 on: July 26, 2015, 08:46:00 AM »
Way to take control of your life, it's sad how booze and nic controlled us! Real men are quitters!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #300 on: July 26, 2015, 08:43:00 AM »

BazookaJoe - Day 356

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #299 on: July 25, 2015, 12:48:00 PM »

BazookaJoe - Day 356

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
« Reply #298 on: July 25, 2015, 12:27:00 PM »

BazookaJoe - Day 356

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #297 on: June 16, 2015, 01:52:00 PM »
I have achieved MEGA WHORE status and didn't do it all on Count to One Million either, lol.
^^^ mega ho

Congrats!
roflmao roflmao roflmao

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #296 on: June 16, 2015, 07:48:00 AM »
I have achieved MEGA WHORE status and didn't do it all on Count to One Million either, lol.
^^^ mega ho

Congrats!

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
« Reply #295 on: June 16, 2015, 06:45:00 AM »

Offline SAM83

• Quit Pro
  • A failure to plan is a plan to fail!
  • Quit Date: 1/6/2014
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Camping, Motorcycle Touring, White Water Sports, Cooking/Grilling/Smoking (Food), Anything Outdoors and Go Steelers!
  • Likes Given: 232
« Reply #294 on: June 14, 2015, 10:31:00 AM »
Quote from: Sand_Fleas_Gotta_Eat
Quote from: jimthins
Today is my eight hundredth day without alcohol and I couldn't be happier to be free of such a socially accepted method of assisted suicide. I have to say however that I've been having more and more alcohol related dreams lately which are very similar to nicotine dreams. I'm usually rationalizing why I can have just one beer then regretting my decision. The feelings of failure are so strong that I'm roused from my deep sleep only to realize it was just a dream. I used to think these dreams were bad and that the addictive substance was trying to get a foothold in my mind, but now I see them as a good thing because it proves my brain is rewiring and that I even know I'm quit subconsciously. That being said however, I am still not cured because my brain will never be fully rewired to the point that alcohol and tobacco will have no power over me. Moving forward I will use every minute of my life to quit these two paths that lead to a painful death and I will lend a hand to whomever else wants to do the same.
Wow Joe, that's a great accomplishment. You have the determination to overcome more than one addiction and that shows how strong of a character you possess. I'm extremely happy for you today.

Also, I hope everything at the new job and location is going well. Haven't heard from you in awhile. Don't forget, you have my number if you ever need someone to talk to or just want to chat.

Take care brother!
I gotta pile on here, what ^^^ he said. This is a great accomplishment!!! Being an addict, I happily swapped one for the other. I drank more than I had when I dipped which is not often a good scenario. I may never quit drinking but over time I've been able to control the flow of alcohol by being physically active/working out everyday. That usually kills the mood for drinking anyways. Congratulations on 800 days without alcohol. You are making great choices. I also think you made a good choice in moving to North Dakota...well, maybe now. You may need to revisit that decision come October!

Quit on!
An addiction bitch is an addiction bitch no matter what the issue! Great quitter here! You are a rock star, congrats on taking the wheel back in all areas of your life!

Offline Sand_Fleas_Gotta_Eat

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Restoring my 220 year old house. I don't have any other interest because I no longer have time for such things.
« Reply #293 on: June 11, 2015, 02:21:00 PM »
Quote from: jimthins
Today is my eight hundredth day without alcohol and I couldn't be happier to be free of such a socially accepted method of assisted suicide. I have to say however that I've been having more and more alcohol related dreams lately which are very similar to nicotine dreams. I'm usually rationalizing why I can have just one beer then regretting my decision. The feelings of failure are so strong that I'm roused from my deep sleep only to realize it was just a dream. I used to think these dreams were bad and that the addictive substance was trying to get a foothold in my mind, but now I see them as a good thing because it proves my brain is rewiring and that I even know I'm quit subconsciously. That being said however, I am still not cured because my brain will never be fully rewired to the point that alcohol and tobacco will have no power over me. Moving forward I will use every minute of my life to quit these two paths that lead to a painful death and I will lend a hand to whomever else wants to do the same.
Wow Joe, that's a great accomplishment. You have the determination to overcome more than one addiction and that shows how strong of a character you possess. I'm extremely happy for you today.

Also, I hope everything at the new job and location is going well. Haven't heard from you in awhile. Don't forget, you have my number if you ever need someone to talk to or just want to chat.

Take care brother!
I gotta pile on here, what ^^^ he said. This is a great accomplishment!!! Being an addict, I happily swapped one for the other. I drank more than I had when I dipped which is not often a good scenario. I may never quit drinking but over time I've been able to control the flow of alcohol by being physically active/working out everyday. That usually kills the mood for drinking anyways. Congratulations on 800 days without alcohol. You are making great choices. I also think you made a good choice in moving to North Dakota...well, maybe now. You may need to revisit that decision come October!

Quit on!

Offline jimthins

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-08-04
  • Interests: Fishing, Hunting, Shooting, and Golf.
« Reply #292 on: June 11, 2015, 09:06:00 AM »

Take care brother!

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
« Reply #291 on: June 11, 2015, 04:58:00 AM »