Author Topic: One day at a time  (Read 19094 times)

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: August 4, 2014
  • Likes Given: 12
Re: One day at a time
« Reply #140 on: December 06, 2014, 08:00:00 AM »
Why do people find it so damn hard, in this day and age, to post roll EDD? To me, it's easy. I wake up, post roll until I have to go pee, then lay back down and post support roll until it's time to get dressed for work. To some folks, their quit is likely a novel experiment with a low level of importance so they don't put much into it. These people are the post and ghosters and the ones that need to be reminded to post roll. To be successful, you gotta give your all to your quit and post roll EFD in your group as well as the others because the more you help others...the more you help yourself.

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #139 on: December 05, 2014, 12:04:00 PM »
Quote from: worktowin
Quote from: BazookaJoe
Tomorrow makes 125 days, over $700 and possibly my life saved. What will I do to celebrate? I'm going to buy a new scope for my Remington 700 SPS 308. I just put a Bell and Carlson M40 Medalist stock on it but its current optic is now dwarfed by the thicker stock. I'm thinking Vortex Viper or the like. I'll see what I can find out there then report back with pictures of the rifle and shot groups.
Freedom saved for sure. Congrats on your success, and enjoy the toys! Thanks for posting in our group too.
Trading filth and Slavery for Freedom and Guns. Beautiful! Congrats.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #138 on: December 05, 2014, 07:30:00 AM »
Tomorrow makes 125 days, over $700 and possibly my life saved. What will I do to celebrate? I'm going to buy a new scope for my Remington 700 SPS 308. I just put a Bell and Carlson M40 Medalist stock on it but its current optic is now dwarfed by the thicker stock. I'm thinking Vortex Viper or the like. I'll see what I can find out there then report back with pictures of the rifle and shot groups.
Freedom saved for sure. Congrats on your success, and enjoy the toys! Thanks for posting in our group too.

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
« Reply #137 on: December 05, 2014, 07:22:00 AM »

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
  • The bluebird can sing, but the crow's got the soul
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #136 on: December 02, 2014, 08:33:00 AM »
I just looked at the November 2014 SSOA and saw that I'm now a 99% poster. That may not mean much to anyone but when you join a group at day 40ish the reception isn't all that warm and it takes full on commitment to prove that you are worth your salt. It has been a struggle but only in the upward direction and I thank my quit group for having faith in me.
Ryan, I also joined KTC on my 37th day quit ... but by owning the shit out of it (just like you), my brothers can see me everywhere (just like you)! That, my friend, is spreading that accountability far and wide! Keep killing it bro!
My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
« Reply #135 on: December 02, 2014, 05:42:00 AM »
I just looked at the November 2014 SSOA and saw that I'm now a 99% poster. That may not mean much to anyone but when you join a group at day 40ish the reception isn't all that warm and it takes full on commitment to prove that you are worth your salt. It has been a struggle but only in the upward direction and I thank my quit group for having faith in me.

Offline Tuco

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 7/27/2014
  • Likes Given: 48
« Reply #134 on: December 01, 2014, 08:32:00 PM »
Quote from: Pinched
Quote from: wastepanel
With the site being down more often, I can see how easy it is to drift. That's why it is CRITICAL that you have offline contacts. There's something about deer blood that makes a person want a beer and a dip but since I quit both, I had to settle for a Dr Pepper and some Juicy Fruit gum. I DO NOT want to go back to square one. If I go back to dipping I will start drinking again and I don't want to do that. So, to all the quitters out there, I quit with you today and for the todays to come. If you need support, you got it right here.
Yeah, these site issues are annoying. We're one of the few boards up and running thanks to old Chews. I want to strangle the asshole that is responsible and his shove his computer up his ass (in case you missed it....announcement). No data was or is ever in trouble. It was just some asshole trying to put the boards offline. Could you imagine not having this board during those first few days of your quit? Me neither. Right now, it's important to protect new quitters like those in the February and March classes. They need us.

With that being said, glad to see that you're proactive in this. You see who the quitters are and who the stoppers are in this battle by their involvement and willingness to brave a few waves just to make a promise. It ain't even hard. That's the funny part. Keep it up man. I'm very proud of you.
I've stopped way too many times only to start right back up. This was the final straw...I had to stick to my guns and QUIT once and for all. Drinking went first and nicotine had to follow. I hope I can help sway other folks into taking the KTC path. I'm working with a guy now to get him logged in so that he may experience the power of this website and kick Grizzly for good. I'm here to help so if I can do anything else for KTC, please let me know.

Thanks

Ryan
Ryan,
Other than the floors being mopped daily around here, you are doing what a KTC brother should do, being active and using the tools. Believe it or not these little updates in your intro act as tools for all quitters to use.
x2.

Keep it up, man. You speak for and to the group with this stuff.

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #133 on: December 01, 2014, 07:18:00 PM »
With the site being down more often, I can see how easy it is to drift. That's why it is CRITICAL that you have offline contacts. There's something about deer blood that makes a person want a beer and a dip but since I quit both, I had to settle for a Dr Pepper and some Juicy Fruit gum. I DO NOT want to go back to square one. If I go back to dipping I will start drinking again and I don't want to do that. So, to all the quitters out there, I quit with you today and for the todays to come. If you need support, you got it right here.
Yeah, these site issues are annoying. We're one of the few boards up and running thanks to old Chews. I want to strangle the asshole that is responsible and his shove his computer up his ass (in case you missed it....announcement). No data was or is ever in trouble. It was just some asshole trying to put the boards offline. Could you imagine not having this board during those first few days of your quit? Me neither. Right now, it's important to protect new quitters like those in the February and March classes. They need us.

With that being said, glad to see that you're proactive in this. You see who the quitters are and who the stoppers are in this battle by their involvement and willingness to brave a few waves just to make a promise. It ain't even hard. That's the funny part. Keep it up man. I'm very proud of you.
I've stopped way too many times only to start right back up. This was the final straw...I had to stick to my guns and QUIT once and for all. Drinking went first and nicotine had to follow. I hope I can help sway other folks into taking the KTC path. I'm working with a guy now to get him logged in so that he may experience the power of this website and kick Grizzly for good. I'm here to help so if I can do anything else for KTC, please let me know.

Thanks

Ryan
Ryan,
Other than the floors being mopped daily around here, you are doing what a KTC brother should do, being active and using the tools. Believe it or not these little updates in your intro act as tools for all quitters to use.
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
« Reply #132 on: December 01, 2014, 06:39:00 PM »

Thanks

Ryan

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #131 on: December 01, 2014, 06:44:00 AM »

In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
« Reply #130 on: November 30, 2014, 08:57:00 PM »

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #129 on: November 26, 2014, 12:31:00 PM »
Quote from: Pinched
Ah the funky fog has lifted finally and I feel more liberated than I felt at day 100. I know there are more funky fogs coming up and, with KTC's help I will power on through in 4 low.
Each day gets better; just remember to keep your guard up because complacency sucks.
freedom = good

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #128 on: November 26, 2014, 06:07:00 AM »
Ah the funky fog has lifted finally and I feel more liberated than I felt at day 100. I know there are more funky fogs coming up and, with KTC's help I will power on through in 4 low.
Each day gets better; just remember to keep your guard up because complacency sucks.
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
« Reply #127 on: November 25, 2014, 09:06:00 PM »

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
« Reply #126 on: November 21, 2014, 04:07:00 PM »
When you're sick and tired of being sick and tired to make plans to change things. Those plans involved:
1. Quit drinking for at least two years before moving to step 2
2. Quit dipping (heartburn pushed this a little left)
3. Reduce the amount of pressure I apply to the earth's surface (lose weight).

I guess y'all know what I'll be doing next because I ain't getting any younger.