Author Topic: One day at a time  (Read 19095 times)

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: August 4, 2014
  • Likes Given: 12
Re: One day at a time
« Reply #155 on: December 20, 2014, 08:03:00 AM »
Quote from: THansen2413
Quote from: rdad
Quote from: BazookaJoe
Quote from: Steakbomb18
Quote from: worktowin
As some of you know, I recently joined other quit groups under the Getting My Act Together section. I've been posting in the Compulsive Overeating group, the soda quit group, and the caffeine quit group. I'm doing ok and I'm on day 7, 5, 5 respectively. I feel great and am losing some weight which is a common goal. Early this morning however I was sent to a donut place to pick up 46 dozen plain glazed donuts for a Toys for Tots celebration where my employer donated $5000 plus another $4700 collected from Craft/Staff donations. Needless to say I didn't eat one damn donut. Without me posting on here, I'd have run off with my own dozen and secretly nailed every last one in rapid succession. Thanks again KTC.
Great post. Soda is the devil. You will feel so much better without it. I gave it up about a year ago and couldn't be happier. My wife ordered a coke for dinner this weekend and it was 2.75! Ridiculous.

I refuse to say anything disparaging about donuts.

Proud to quit with you today!
Control. You've learned how to quit nicotine and have tasted freedom. When we're addicted addicts, our lives are spinning out of control and we don't even know it. Now that your a quit addict, you're whole perspective changes. You are now replacing the chaos from nicotine with the order that comes with being quit. Good stuff bro
Thank y'all for the support and I would like to correct my numbers...it was actually 8, 5, 5 yesterday so today is just one better for each.

This forum is actually better than a face to face meeting and I feel that I will be more successful with a daily approach than with a once a week meeting.
Hey Joe,
I have found that quitting dip was a confidence builder for me. I am in the same boat as you as I need to get back to my fighting weight. I know we can do it because we are already doing the hardest thing possible in quitting dip. I know we are stronger and better for being here and doing this! ;Ironman:
Here's a prime example of what this place can do for someone. You joined with the fight and hunger to kick nic to the curb, and have done so. Now you're tackling other addictions/impulses, because you have the fight and hunger. Way to go, bro! I'm quitting w/ you today.
Damn right. I'm trying to improve my quality of life for when I get older. Some might say my life is boring and that my diet is bland but I'm 40 and need to start taking better care of myself because I've seen too many people my age go tits up too damn soon.

Another thing that comes to mind is illusion of the "100 day cure" IÂ’ve been seeing lately. Always remember "nothing is foolproof to the sufficiency talented fool" and apply it to your quit. We were fools when we took the first swig, dip, drag, spoonful (food), or even hit. As time passes we experience moments of clarity and finally decide to quit. We then find great support programs like KTC, drink the cool-aid, and get involved with hundreds of like-minded quitters. In this quitter utopia, we learn the tools of the quit and build strength and confidence through repetitive roll call posts. This repetition gives us knowledge but, after all the good, it also breeds complacency. This is where we become badass and we think we've got our addiction whipped and that we are cured when we enter the HOF so we can leave our little utopia, with the tools and foolproof plan in hand, to go finish our quit alone our own way.

What happens after that? Most quitters will fail since the accountability and the brotherhood disappear and they are left to their own devices which turned them into an addict in the first place. In order to be a successful quitterÂ…we have to maintain our quitsÂ…every damn day. Our brains were hardwired for nicotine, alcohol, sugar, caffeine, and any illicit drug out there since we started using, so no matter how much time passes we will always be on the verge of relapse. ThatÂ’s where daily roll posts come in to provide the accountability lifeline so we donÂ’t fall into our old ways and the brotherhood established by constantly participating in the daily adventures of your quit group.

IÂ’m not going to leave KTC unless I die. This place has given me a new lease on life and, though most people may not understand why it takes me 45 minutes to post all my roll calls in the morning, I know that I am paying it forward to return the favor to KTC to help someone else thatÂ’s struggling to beat their addiction.

End of Rant!!

Offline THansen2413

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2017-03-03
  • Interests: Vikings, Gophers, Wild. Enjoy running in the warm months.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #154 on: December 16, 2014, 05:38:00 PM »
Quote from: rdad
As some of you know, I recently joined other quit groups under the Getting My Act Together section. I've been posting in the Compulsive Overeating group, the soda quit group, and the caffeine quit group. I'm doing ok and I'm on day 7, 5, 5 respectively. I feel great and am losing some weight which is a common goal. Early this morning however I was sent to a donut place to pick up 46 dozen plain glazed donuts for a Toys for Tots celebration where my employer donated $5000 plus another $4700 collected from Craft/Staff donations. Needless to say I didn't eat one damn donut. Without me posting on here, I'd have run off with my own dozen and secretly nailed every last one in rapid succession. Thanks again KTC.
Great post. Soda is the devil. You will feel so much better without it. I gave it up about a year ago and couldn't be happier. My wife ordered a coke for dinner this weekend and it was 2.75! Ridiculous.

Control. You've learned how to quit nicotine and have tasted freedom. When we're addicted addicts, our lives are spinning out of control and we don't even know it. Now that your a quit addict, you're whole perspective changes. You are now replacing the chaos from nicotine with the order that comes with being quit. Good stuff bro
Thank y'all for the support and I would like to correct my numbers...it was actually 8, 5, 5 yesterday so today is just one better for each.

This forum is actually better than a face to face meeting and I feel that I will be more successful with a daily approach than with a once a week meeting.
Hey Joe,
I have found that quitting dip was a confidence builder for me. I am in the same boat as you as I need to get back to my fighting weight. I know we can do it because we are already doing the hardest thing possible in quitting dip. I know we are stronger and better for being here and doing this! ;Ironman:
Here's a prime example of what this place can do for someone. You joined with the fight and hunger to kick nic to the curb, and have done so. Now you're tackling other addictions/impulses, because you have the fight and hunger. Way to go, bro! I'm quitting w/ you today.
Quitters I've met in person : Keddy, boelker62, Big Brother Jack, baitbanjo, SirDerek, Chewie, Scowick65, theo3wood, mcarmo44, MonsterEMT, Bronc, dforbes, rocketman, Lance from SD, kdip, wastepanel, quitspit, basshaug, greenspidy, 30yrAddict, btdogboy, cmark, chrisTKE1982, Jeffro Dolfie, Clampy, carlh2o, JGlav, ReWire, Chewrouski_Philly, Sranger999, walterwhite, DWEIRICK, spit cup, FranPro, ericfluck

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #153 on: December 16, 2014, 01:23:00 PM »

Hey Joe,

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
« Reply #152 on: December 16, 2014, 07:45:00 AM »

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #151 on: December 16, 2014, 07:34:00 AM »

Certified Grade A Badass

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #150 on: December 15, 2014, 08:51:00 PM »

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
« Reply #149 on: December 15, 2014, 07:48:00 PM »

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
« Reply #148 on: December 10, 2014, 11:04:00 PM »
Quote from: schaef418
In the hospital.
Prayers sent.
Schaef....you have no idea how much that means to me. Thank you. I was only there for about two hours but I feel better and I'm now at home and hitting the hay. Thanks again.

Offline schaef418

• BANNED
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #147 on: December 10, 2014, 10:29:00 PM »
In the hospital.
Prayers sent.

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
« Reply #146 on: December 10, 2014, 10:22:00 PM »
In the hospital.

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
« Reply #145 on: December 10, 2014, 03:04:00 PM »
Man I tell ya, when you abstain from eating something and think just one little piece won't hurt your body informs you right quick that you were wrong in your assumption. I had some salty chips, one olive, a small piece of cake and some coffee then BOOM...I started feeling like shit. I'm pounding water right now to help dilute and get these toxins out of my body and as I type this I'm starting to feel remarkably better. I realize now that is how caves happen. You start rationalizing and before you know it you're back to square one...just like in this case. I posted a day three on the Overeater's page under "Getting my Act Together" and I'm thinking I failed because I had some things that were not on my food plan not because I over ate. I have to hold myself to a strict diet otherwise I will rationalize my way back to where I began. Junk food is just like alcohol and nicotine to me...if I start, I'll never stop until I die and to the grave is exactly where I am headed.

I will post a day one tomorrow on the overeating forum as reminder that I cannot have what I do not need.

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
« Reply #144 on: December 07, 2014, 05:42:00 AM »
I've never been so happy to be a whore.

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #143 on: December 06, 2014, 01:31:00 PM »
Quote from: Pinched
Why do people find it so damn hard, in this day and age, to post roll EDD? To me, it's easy. I wake up, post roll until I have to go pee, then lay back down and post support roll until it's time to get dressed for work. To some folks, their quit is likely a novel experiment with a low level of importance so they don't put much into it. These people are the post and ghosters and the ones that need to be reminded to post roll. To be successful, you gotta give your all to your quit and post roll EFD in your group as well as the others because the more you help others...the more you help yourself.
You. Get. It.

Proud to quit with you today, sir.
The same could be asked about washing one's hands after using the facilities (when not outdoors), leaving a mess in the break room, taking two parking spots. To all of those people I say 'Finger' because I find it is the easiest and best investment I make each day.
Haha, good comparisons. How about people who talk in the movie theatre? Droving slow in the left hand lane? Neighbors who let their dog shit in the grass and don't clean it up? Just annoying as fuck people. I'd slap them around if it wasn't considered assault.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #142 on: December 06, 2014, 01:15:00 PM »
Why do people find it so damn hard, in this day and age, to post roll EDD? To me, it's easy. I wake up, post roll until I have to go pee, then lay back down and post support roll until it's time to get dressed for work. To some folks, their quit is likely a novel experiment with a low level of importance so they don't put much into it. These people are the post and ghosters and the ones that need to be reminded to post roll. To be successful, you gotta give your all to your quit and post roll EFD in your group as well as the others because the more you help others...the more you help yourself.
You. Get. It.

The same could be asked about washing one's hands after using the facilities (when not outdoors), leaving a mess in the break room, taking two parking spots. To all of those people I say 'Finger' because I find it is the easiest and best investment I make each day.
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #141 on: December 06, 2014, 08:49:00 AM »
You. Get. It.