Author Topic: One day at a time  (Read 19091 times)

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
  • The bluebird can sing, but the crow's got the soul
  • Likes Given: 11
Re: One day at a time
« Reply #125 on: November 21, 2014, 08:33:00 AM »
Quote from: Pinched
Quote from: Tuco's
Quote from: BazookaJoe
Been noticing the early stages of a funk coming on and I guess it stands to reason since day 110 is around the corner. The thing is, I'm hunting this weekend and found myself eyeballing the snuff behind the counter at a convenience store in Lampasas, TX. I did only walk out with a coffee, two DPs, and 80 pounds of ice but the thought still hit me. I thought about getting some Smokey Mountain but I kinda thought that could spiral out of control and get me to wanting the real shit again. As you can tell, I have great cellular coverage so if I begin to think too damn much expect more posts like this and texts to my support group to start flying.

Quit on through the mother funking fog.
You've got my digits, buddy. Use them at will.
^^Ditto^^

Plus the funk is the funk, battle it, step on Nic's throat while you hunt. Weakness is not an option.
Thirded. Contact me if needed bro. Funks come and go, you just power on through.

My first deer season (rifle) without chew since 1982 starts tomorrow ... and one of the guys at camp still chews (one of the others finally hung it up though). Temptations will abound, but like P said, I've got my foot square on that nic bitch's throat ... and she WILL NOT win. I also know I have you and everyone else here at KTC in my corner.

I'll climb that tree tomorrow knowing I'm climbing a figurative tree as well ... and I'll love the view of freedom from up there! Do the same bro, you're a bad-ass.
My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #124 on: November 21, 2014, 06:33:00 AM »
Quote from: Tuco's
Been noticing the early stages of a funk coming on and I guess it stands to reason since day 110 is around the corner. The thing is, I'm hunting this weekend and found myself eyeballing the snuff behind the counter at a convenience store in Lampasas, TX. I did only walk out with a coffee, two DPs, and 80 pounds of ice but the thought still hit me. I thought about getting some Smokey Mountain but I kinda thought that could spiral out of control and get me to wanting the real shit again. As you can tell, I have great cellular coverage so if I begin to think too damn much expect more posts like this and texts to my support group to start flying.

^^Ditto^^

Plus the funk is the funk, battle it, step on Nic's throat while you hunt. Weakness is not an option.
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline Tuco

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 7/27/2014
  • Likes Given: 48
« Reply #123 on: November 20, 2014, 08:42:00 PM »

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #122 on: November 20, 2014, 08:34:00 PM »

You were riding a high rolling up to HOF. It is natural to have a post HOF funk.

Battle just like you did yesterday! You got this.
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: August 4, 2014
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #121 on: November 20, 2014, 08:27:00 PM »

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
« Reply #120 on: November 20, 2014, 02:51:00 PM »
Beware: I am liable to take a shitload of photos this weekend with my HOF coin. They will be G rated so consider yourself warned.
Those little coins are well traveled and very photogenic.
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
« Reply #119 on: November 20, 2014, 02:48:00 PM »
Beware: I am liable to take a shitload of photos this weekend with my HOF coin. They will be G rated so consider yourself warned.

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
« Reply #118 on: November 20, 2014, 11:36:00 AM »
There is one error in it that's driving me crazy though. It's where I put my HOF date. Before I submitted it I changed "HOF" to "11/11/14" but didn't proofread. Now that change makes the whole sentence incoherent. 'bang head' 'Crazy'

Offline Tuco

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 7/27/2014
  • Likes Given: 48
« Reply #117 on: November 20, 2014, 11:24:00 AM »
Awesome HoF speech, buddy! Proud to quit with you.

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
« Reply #116 on: November 20, 2014, 09:18:00 AM »
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
HOF speech has been submitted and is awaiting moderator approval.
Awesome. Can't wait to read it. Come on mods. Approve that thing.
Nice HOF Speech Ryan. Good job of documenting the hell of quit and coming clean to all about failed attempts lackadaisical fog posting and then the quitter you have become. You are an inspiring quitter and I am damn glad to be able to watch your quit grow. Keep doing what you are doing and hopefully more of these addicts will read your story and see similarities, after all we are all the same.

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #115 on: November 19, 2014, 05:47:00 PM »
Awesome. Can't wait to read it. Come on mods. Approve that thing.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
« Reply #114 on: November 19, 2014, 04:54:00 PM »

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
« Reply #113 on: November 19, 2014, 09:47:00 AM »
Quote from: Pinched
Quote from: 30isEnuff
Headed to the lease this weekend for my 40th birthday. I had cell service before so this time shouldn't be any different. There's a 100% chance of rain on Saturday but that's why they make 52 horsepower Polaris Ranger 800s. Mud? Yeah ok, whatever. I quit with y'all today.
Joe I believe dip dreams are good. They are a good reminder that we are rewiring upstairs. I had them very strong in my beginning. around 600 i had a dip dream where a cop pulled me over for speeding, as I handed him my drivers license he asked if I was dipping. I picked up the empty can from the console and said "no Sir NAFAR". I believe in dreams. I believe we can do great things when we "decide" to.
Glad you're here. Have fun mud boggin'! Cheers.
Keep something with you just in case the cravings or urges get to be too much, have fake snuff, cinnamon candies or a desk drawer to slam your nuts in just in case.
I was thinking about fake snuff but I've not had that stuff since August. I might just take cough drops just not the sugar free variety...I can't be farting up a storm then looking for a place to run a pig every 20 minutes.

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
« Reply #112 on: November 19, 2014, 09:21:00 AM »
Quote from: 30isEnuff
Headed to the lease this weekend for my 40th birthday. I had cell service before so this time shouldn't be any different. There's a 100% chance of rain on Saturday but that's why they make 52 horsepower Polaris Ranger 800s. Mud? Yeah ok, whatever. I quit with y'all today.
Joe I believe dip dreams are good. They are a good reminder that we are rewiring upstairs. I had them very strong in my beginning. around 600 i had a dip dream where a cop pulled me over for speeding, as I handed him my drivers license he asked if I was dipping. I picked up the empty can from the console and said "no Sir NAFAR". I believe in dreams. I believe we can do great things when we "decide" to.
Keep something with you just in case the cravings or urges get to be too much, have fake snuff, cinnamon candies or a desk drawer to slam your nuts in just in case.

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
« Reply #111 on: November 19, 2014, 07:11:00 AM »
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?